Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhonne posted:

So was Norman going all crazy in the manga too?

Not crazy but he definitely wants a more militant solution to the demon problem. Although by this point in the manga Emma has a more concrete alternate plan than just going "maybe not all demons."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Shame Boy posted:

If they want more developed human brains wouldn't you want to wait until they are like post puberty age when the body and brain would stop developing?

In the manga it's said that the various high grade farms actually do have different maximum shipping dates. It's more a risk vs reward thing, as they don't want kids catching onto the farm thing, and the longer they keep them around the more likely it is that one would catch on.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Just caught up on last night's shows, my favorite part of Food Wars is Soma consistently not giving a real poo poo about everyone else's deadly serious poo poo going on all around him. Like when everyone else is freaking out about his dad reveal, Soma just goes "huh, neat"

Also I noticed something for the first time last night: Promised Neverland S2 is such a mediocre show that Toonami is half-assing the bumpers for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSeU59Te2B0&t=6s

at 0:13 first one they play a worse take of the same earlier line and forget to put the SARA/robot filter on the audio.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, after going back and rereading a bunch of The Promised Neverland manga I would say my guess as to what happened is that somebody balked at how violent the series got after the escape arc. Some of the skipped story involved a lot of fighting and similarly the stuff they did keep has been toned way down. Also they've completely cut out the kids arming themselves with guns they find in the bunker.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

muscles like this! posted:

So, after going back and rereading a bunch of The Promised Neverland manga I would say my guess as to what happened is that somebody balked at how violent the series got after the escape arc. Some of the skipped story involved a lot of fighting and similarly the stuff they did keep has been toned way down. Also they've completely cut out the kids arming themselves with guns they find in the bunker.
I mean, weren't they already into Goldy Pond when Season 1 was aired? They had to know what they were getting into, right

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

The only thing I like so far is the OP and ed

https://twitter.com/berserk_project/status/1395212918040391680
:(

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Berserk tube Friday night. Gonna watch some episodes

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

:siren: new schedule alert :siren:

quote:

Bust out your planners! Toonami's switching up the lineup and kicking off your Saturday night with brand new episodes of My Hero Academia. Check out the full lineup below and don't miss Toonami, every Saturday night from midnight to 4:00a!

Toonami Lineup Starting 5/29:
12:00AM – My Hero Academia
12:30AM – Dr. Stone
01:00AM – Food Wars
01:30AM – The Promised Neverland
02:00AM – Black Clover
02:30AM – Naruto: Shippuden
03:00AM – Attack on Titan
03:30AM – Dragon Ball Super

Berserk tube gonna start up at 9

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
holy poo poo, they're kicking DBS back into Rerun Hell? Toonami hasn't kicked off with new episodes since... gently caress, since the last time MHA was airing. poo poo, maybe the plague really IS coming to an end.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://cytu.be/r/Dirtnami2
Berserk showing

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm tired already, get in here

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Argus Zant posted:

holy poo poo, they're kicking DBS back into Rerun Hell? Toonami hasn't kicked off with new episodes since... gently caress, since the last time MHA was airing. poo poo, maybe the plague really IS coming to an end.

Not that surprising, MHA is a phenomenon the likes of which hasn't been seen in a drat long time. Unfortunately I'm sure as soon as the season closes, DBS will jump right back to the lead. Dr. Stone just doesn't have the same energy.

edit: It hits all the shonen quadrants: fights, tons of characters to ship with each other, edgelord villains, and of course cheesecake that you should feel very awkward about.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 23, 2021

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
The tons of interesting but underused character designs and powers reminds me very much of Bleach or Naruto: just pure fanfic/fanart bait.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

My Hero Academia - Rawk Hawk turns out to be secretly working for the Guild of Calamitous Intent- except no, not really, he's actually a double agent reporting everything back to the government. Then Young Midoriya entered the Avatar State and saw a memory playback of One for All's first recipient getting into a huge argument with All for One's holder.

Dr. Stone - We re-invented freeze-dried instant ramen to be issued as field rations once we head off to war. Except maybe we won't even need to turn this into an actual war, because now our plan is to use wireless communications and trickery to convince the People's Liberation Army that Dolly Parton is still alive and that America is coming to restore law & order.

Food Wars - Soma loses the unofficial Mortal Kombat bout, but the show proceeds to wimp out on having any actual consequences. The rest of the Four Horsemen have their asses kicked off-screen, leaving us to wonder why they were introduced in the first place, and then Wesker drops the bomb that he was classmates with Soma's dad back in the day, which just completely fuckin' blows Erina's mind out of the water.

The Promised Neverland - Norman, it turns out, was shipped off to Black Mesa instead of Applebee's, where he eventually made his own escape with another group of kids. Unfortunately, the experience seems to have left him and his new friends somewhat... worse for wear, shall we say. By which I mean that Norman has apparently concocted a chemical weapon he intends to use to commit genocide against the entire demon race.

Black Clover Episode 150: The Mosquito Skullcrusher Mountain - Oscar of Pistoria and Gregor Clegane investigate possible rumors of an animal-doping syndicate operating across the Mountain.

It has been 21 weeks since Cowboy Bebop was last on Toonami

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Argus Zant posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Super got brought back up after a couple of weeks.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Argus Zant posted:

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

Food Wars -

The anime robs us of this scene

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

DBZ:15 episodes
MHA: Ongoing-10 episodes out
Dr.Stone: 10 episodes
Food Wars s3-12 episodes
Neverland- 5 episodes
Black Clover- 20 episodes
Naruto-159 episodes
AOT-14 episodes

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
This is probably the last episode of Super I'll watch for a long while, so I'm happy it looks to be a good one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They definitely play fast and loose with the whole "no flying" rule.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Man i remember when this scene first aired in Japan and Ultra Instinct memes were everywhere but i had no context for this scene other than Goku being glowy and badass.

I think we still hadn't even gotten to (or maybe were in the middle of?) the Battle of Gods stuff yet in Super.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

They definitely play fast and loose with the whole "no flying" rule.

It's falling. With style.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Grinding on a beam with a Kamehameha is still an all-timer.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

oh my god Whis I love you but please shut up

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Wonder how much sooner Gohan and the other half Saiyan kids could get to Ultra Instinct if they tried at it. Especially Gohan since he went home and became a family man but he hit SS2 when he was like 12.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Shame Boy posted:

Wonder how much sooner Gohan and the other half Saiyan kids could get to Ultra Instinct if they tried at it. Especially Gohan since he went home and became a family man but he hit SS2 when he was like 12.

Gohan would go Mastered Ultra Instinct in no time flat but he'd gently caress up whatever fight he was in and lose.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Shame Boy posted:

None of them are fight-horny enough for it. Gohan only leveled up/fought because of necessity and Goten & Trunks practically have to be bribed into training.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Deku's haunted.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Rhonne posted:

Deku's haunted.

new quirk, who dis?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Reality doesn't follow stock plots!

Unfortunately for you dear brother....

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

"Get stronger kid and we'll reveal more backstory to you."

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Just shattering all the glass in your room during a nightmare, as you do.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

At 40%, Izuku will unlock that cutscene but with more audible voice acting.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhonne posted:

"Get stronger kid and we'll reveal more backstory to you."

Takes loving long enough for it though.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

gotta get more of the collectible bullshit before you can move through the next plot gate

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

Just shattering all the glass in your room during a nightmare, as you do.

Deku's at that age where he has those kind of dreams now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"Totally not jackin' it!"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

"No please God, not more cheese!"

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Someone explain how Aoyama opened Deku's door lock.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Level Seven posted:

As Izuku's greatest confidant, Aoyama has a key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Level Seven posted:

pelvic thrusts