Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Mr. Lobe posted:

what if a utilikilt, but the whole body

That's a muumuu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
AITA for not making coffee how my fiance wants me to

quote:

Weird title, I (23f) know, but this has been a point of contention for a while. My fiance (25m) is a foodie and is extremely particular about a few things, one of them being coffee. We use a manual grinder, get distilled water (the water in our area is really hard and according to him affects the taste, but I don't notice anything), and we have an Aeropress and a metal coffee filter to make the coffee. I'm very much not a foodie (unless being a Sour Patch Kids connoisseur is a thing). My fiance weighs his coffee beans to make sure that he's using the exact right amount, changes the setting on the coffee grinder depending on whether he's using the Aeropress or the metal coffee filter, measures the water, and if he's using the Aeropress lets the coffee grounds and water brew for a certain amount of time before actually making the coffee. On the other hand, I use a scoop to measure my coffee beans, use whatever setting the grinder is on, will usually just use tap water, eyeball the water instead of measuring it, and don't let it sit to brew. And y'know what? It's fine. It tastes fine. It makes me happy. The end. Thank you for coming to my TedTalk.
Problem is that this really bothers my fiance. We've had multiple arguments about me making my coffee wrong, and it's very normal for him to badger me weigh my coffee beans or switch the coffee grinder to the optimal setting while I'm making my coffee. If I'm making coffee for him, sure, I'll measure the beans and all of that jazz because I know that he can taste the difference, but I don't think that I should have to jump through all of those hoops for something that doesn't affect him. On the other hand, he seems to be really bothered by this. Today, as I was trying to scoop coffee beans into the grinder, he reached around me to put the scale he uses in front of me and asked me to please weigh my coffee beans. I was really frustrated because we've had this conversation so many times, so I snapped the word "no" at him, and he walked away and muttered "you, too," saying that even though I hadn't said it, I'd definitely been thinking "gently caress you." For the record, I wasn't thinking that.
So AITA for not making coffee how my fiance thinks I should and for sometimes snapping at him when he gets pushy about it?

Edit: I don't know if this is important, but I drink decaf and he drinks regular, so I'm never making coffee for both of us. I'm either making coffee for him or I'm making coffee for myself.

Edit 2: I sat him down and told him that I needed him to never comment on how I make my coffee and how I was making it. He repeated it back to me in his own words to check that he understood me (a counselor once told me that this is helpful to do in an argument), and then he agreed.

Predictably, the second highest comment on Reddit advised her to call off the wedding and break up with him.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Don't talk to me or my decaf ever again

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for feeding my friends baby soda?

quote:

Hey everybody.

Alt account because my now ex friend follows me on my main.

This is what happened. My friend (29F) was talking with someone at the door and was away from the baby(idk how old the baby is but it cant walk yet) for like 40 minutes. She trusted me to watch the baby while she was chatting, ig. The baby was crying and hollering so I assumed it was hungry or thirsty.

Didn't want to just go into my friends refrigerator without her permission. I had a bottle of sprite I was drinking on though and I started letting the baby have small sips. The baby quieted down.

My friend comes in the room and sees me and the child and goes ballistic and starts cussing me out. I told her it was no big deal and she was gone for a while and she told me to get out. I've been trying to apologize but she won't accept. This is spiraling into her making jabs at me on facebook. Calling people who take care of other peoples kids retarded. It seems as though thats it for our friendship. AITA?

Tl:dr Friend angry over me giving her baby a little soda.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My Girlfriend (27f) has been giving me(29m) the silent treatment for two days because i follow a female comedian on Instagram.

quote:

She and i have been dating for 3 years. She keeps on checking my following and followers list almost every week and has always been passive agressive if i follow any women (be it a comedian, digital artist, general content creator) on instagram other than my friends circle(these are not even lewd accounts, maybe a girl who just sings or cracks jokes) and I'd just unfollow them so she'd start talking to me again. It has been happening over and over again and I'm thinking to myself what's even wrong if its a woman, I'm not remotely attracted to them and on top of that they're unknown. Me and my girlfriend live together and she hasn't even interacted with me for two straight days as i still haven't unfollowed this comedian. The last silent treatment from her was for four days and then i unfollowed those accounts and apologized for it. I do love her but I don't know how to proceed with this.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

DemoneeHo posted:

My Girlfriend (27f) has been giving me(29m) the silent treatment for two days because i follow a female comedian on Instagram.

Well she wipes front to back what else is he supposed to do?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for how I reacted to my BIL lying to my sister

quote:

So I am (26m). My sister is (28f) my BIL is (30m) and my wife is (28f).

So my wife is 7 months pregnant and she has some complications relating to the pregnancy so keeping her calm is harder and more of a priority than it would normally be, but 2 weeks ago she was told her father died so I have been helping her grieve but my sister recently(she told me a week ago she found out a bit before that but didn't tell me) found out she had breast cancer, but the thing is my brother in law was apparently(foreshadowing) on a very important three-month-long business trip.

So she wasn't able to reach him( because he was apparently very busy, so he only texted her supportive messages when she wanted and needed a lot more) so she came to me, and having to almost literally fully take care of both of them I was tired and stressed so one day while my sister was finding support groups and my wife was helping with planning the funeral ( it was supposed to be a close family affair so I wasn't a big part of it), I went to go to a bar with friends (were all vaccinated and restrictions are being lifted for vaccinated people here) and was just venting to a friend who works at the same company as BIL (its a local one that has. grown pretty well). And when I mentioned it he said that the company had no business trips going as of now, and I lost my sh*t, I asked my friend to call him and because my friend works at the company he answered and I asked him where he was, he played dum and I said that I knew he wasn't on a business trip and he came clean and said that he wanted to go to a friends house and party as covid restrictions were finally up. I started screaming at him and told him that his wife was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and he prioritized partying with his friends more and he's a scummy sh*tty person. He yelled back that I'm selfish for only caring abt my only stress right now. I retorted with he's selfish for not going back to his wife and yelled numerous obscenities and told him I would be telling my sister when she calmed down. He yelled at me saying Im a jerk for not letting have his own time before hanging up. My friend says I'm in the right but I still feel like I could be an rear end in a top hat for yelling obscenities at him so AITA?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Hughlander posted:

YTA for not yelling more obscenities or going over and murdering BIL

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Hughlander posted:

Just another man in the process of abandoning his sick wife, nothing to see here.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for feeding my friends baby soda?
"hey sorry to interrupt, your baby is crying what do you want me to do?"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Babies can have a little sprite, as a treat

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Hughlander posted:

Kill BIL

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Hughlander posted:

he wanted to go to a friends house and party

For three loving months?!?

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
This one comes with a fun little surprise.

Someone I follow on IG posted a story of himself driving 170 mph on the freeway. Can I report him?

quote:

The person driving the car lives in Los Angelas, CA which is a different state from me. I screen recorded his video for proof, but his license plate is not in the video. I also don’t know his full legal name - just his last name.

It boils my blood that he would drive at such high speeds with other people on the highway WHILE using one hand recording himself driving. You can clearly see where he is due to the highway signs, and his speedometer is also visible. It’s clear he was legitimately going a 170 mph based on not just the speedometer but also how fast he was passing other drivers, so there’s no way he can deny speeding.

Is there anything I can do with the video to make sure he’s held accountable? He should not have a license, period.

Sounds super reasonable, right? Let's go into the comments, where the question of "who is this guy and how do you know him" comes up.

quote:

He’s my ex’s friend who I follow through a fake account as I follow every guy she follows. Would love nothing more than to send her friends to prison. Keeping the highway safe from morons is just a plus.

quote:

I would just send the video anonymously with all the details that I know and hope they investigate on their own. I may give them my ex’s information saying that she knows who he is and can help them find him if she’s willing to cooperate. Would be funny to get her involved lol

Huh. Let's have a look at his post history!

I’m [31M] currently in talking/dating stages with two girls who I really like. Would it be immoral to establish exclusivity with both of them for at least a few months until I decide who I like more?

quote:

I was loyal in my last relationship and it ended badly, so I don’t want to put all my eggs in one basket ever again - at least until marriage. Would it be immoral to have multiple girlfriends at once (2-4)?

I would be a good boyfriend to all of them and make sure they each get enough attention, but they would never actually know about each other.

Does the saying “what they don’t know won’t hurt them” apply here?

My biggest concern is the financial cost of having so many girlfriends, but I wanted opinions on the morality of lying to them about me not seeing anyone else.

Preemptively answering questions on why I don’t just keep things casual with all of them until I’m ready to commit: Because I don’t want them to see other guys.
From the comments of that:

quote:

But relationships usually fail.. I don’t want to be in the situation I was in a few months ago where I was ready to commit to marriage and prioritized my gf over everything and she still left me because all of a sudden she felt like she didn’t love me anymore. I need a backup incase I get broken up with again. Worst case scenario, neither breaks up with me and I have to end things with someone BUT - they are both pretty, sweet girls who will have no problem finding someone else. It’s harder for guys, so I need to solidify as many exclusive relationships as I can.

quote:

Yeah it’s not natural for me either but it seems like the most logical, game-theory solution for a guy looking for a serious relationship.. just get as many girlfriends as you can (with girls you can see yourself with long term), and chances are one of them will work out. Worst case scenario is that they all work out and you have to break someone’s heart. But they’re both 5 years younger than me so they’ll have more time to find someone else. AND they’re attractive girls, so it’ll be super easy to replace me.

quote:

Im very good about being discrete. Highly unlikely she would ever find out.

quote:

They live 30 minutes apart and have no common friends. It’s impossible. They won’t find out unless I tel them.

quote:

I don’t want them seeing other guys and one of them has a weird name so I want to start calling her “babe” as soon as possible.

Wait, what's that about a weird name?

One of the girls I’m dating has a really weird name and doesn’t go by a nickname. Is this a legitimate reason to stop talking to her?(self.relationship_advice)

quote:

She’s a great girl and very pretty and sweet, but she has an extremely bizarre name that’s not feminine at all which is a huge turn off for me. The worst part is that you can’t even shorten the name to something simple, and she doesn’t have any nick names.

I just imagine our wedding invitations being sent out and everyone thinking that I’m marrying a guy since her name sounds like it probably belongs to a guy.

I’ve dated girls with weird foreign names before but this one is COMPLETELY unworkable.

Any advice here? Is this a good enough reason to stop talking to her? It sucks because she’s exactly what I’m looking for in a partner and really seems to like me.

The comments are as sane as you'd expect:

quote:

I agree it’s shallow but a name is something that will come up daily.. referring to her when talking about her, introducing her to people, etc.. I don’t know if I can handle going through that uncomfortable experience over and over again. If she had a nickname or a shortened name it would be fine, but she goes by her full name.. I don’t mind foreign names at all, but hers sounds SOO strange and masculine.

quote:

It’s not ridiculous. What if you met a great girl and then found out the name she wants to go by permanently was SpiderMan? Youd still want to date her?

quote:

The name shall not be spread. It will die with her. When she dies, so too will the name.

And most recently:

What can I do to get over my ex who dumped me 4 months ago?(self.relationship_advice)

quote:

For context, my [31 M] ex [26F] dumped me just before we were supposed to move in together because she lost feelings for me after an argument we had about one of her friends. I felt that she was taking her friends side over mine, so I was more contentious than usual but it never went beyond arguing. We haven’t spoken since breaking up. We also unfollowed each other on social media.

A few months after the breakup, I felt as though I was over my ex. I no longer thought about her for the entire day, and was getting excited at the thought of dating new girls..

Since the breakup, I’ve gone on dates with a few different girls, and lost interest in each of them after 1-3 dates. They just were not what I was looking for. I went on a date again yesterday with a new girl, and unlike the previous ones, I couldn’t stop comparing this new girl to my ex and how she lacked across all categories I value relative to my ex.

Additionally, I recently misread my ex’s social media post (which I secretly stalk regularly through a fake account) and thought that she had moved to the same country/city as her previous ex. I instantly assumed she got back with him and moved in together. Once this thought registered in my mind, my heart absolutely sank. It felt like my world was over. I quickly realized that I misread the post. I did some extra research just to be sure, and learned that her ex before me actually got married a while ago and is expecting a kid - so he has been out of the picture for some time. Even though I was wrong about my assumption, it made me realize that I clearly still have deep feelings for her. I have other ex’s who are engaged or married and I was genuinely happy for them upon hearing the news, so I know it’s not like me to be this attached after a breakup.

Also, unlike the first few months of the breakup, I started dreaming about her more often. Even when we were dating, I very rarely dreamed about her, so it seems that even on a subconscious level I want her back in my life.

Is it worrisome that my feelings have gotten more extreme as time went on? I figured by now I would be completely over her or at least close, but it looks to be getting worse..any advice? I certainly do not want to reach out to her since she was the one who dumped me. I even purposely did not wish her a happy birthday about three weeks ago since I didn’t want to initiate contact.

I love how casual he is about stating this.

MrJazzels
Jun 27, 2020

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

This one comes with a fun little surprise.

Someone I follow on IG posted a story of himself driving 170 mph on the freeway. Can I report him?

I love how casual he is about stating this.

These are the posts of an ranting controlling madman, like he clearly has not come to terms at all with getting dumped and is stalking this poor woman as a result

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
The baby one, the reaction seems a bit extreme. a bit of sprite isnt gonna actually hurt the kid, firmly informing the person that they aren't to do it again seems like it would have been sufficient. But I get a feeling they might have done exactly that and OP is the one that got defensive and responded poorly....

Gats Akimbo posted:

I've never been to a party thay can maintain its momentum after the two week mark, this is obviously just another lie to cover up the fact that he's staying as his mistress's house.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Is it really a party if he's not gonna get busted at work for skipping out?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

theflyingexecutive posted:

🎶 you can tell by the way I use my walk
I'm a pronate man, it flips my socks 🎶

lmao

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gats Akimbo posted:

Let ye who has not partied hard straight through an entire fiscal quarter throw the first stone.

AITA for reporting my mom for identity faud

quote:

I(24M) and my gf put in an application to rent a condo and found out my mom borrowed $43K with my social insurance. I talk with a lawyer and he tells me I can either report my mom for identity fraud or pay it off(or declare bankruptcy). I confront my mom and she begs me not to do it and just pay off the debt. I don’t have anywhere near that money and decide to do what the lawyer recommended. The lawyer told me filling out the police report is not the same as pressing charges but I’m still scared what might happen to her.

We use to be very poor and she used my social insurance to pay the bills and provide for me and my brother. This feels like I’m betraying her and her and my brother refuse to speak to me. My relatives all stopped talking to me. Am I the as*hole here?

Edit: people are asking me if my mom or family could pay it. I don’t think so my mom is on social assistance and my family isn’t much better off. My grandma has a house but I’m not asking her to sell it.

Also my lawyer said a police report is just to get the ball rolling on clearing up the debts and recovering my credit. It doesn’t include her name (lawyer said providing suspect is not necessary) but I’m sure if they tried they would figure out it’s her. My mom might face charges but it’s unlikely she would get jail time.

Edit: people are asking why she didn’t put the loans under her name. She’s got terrible credit and has declared bankruptcy before (but I’m not sure when).

I don’t know if my brother has checked his credit. He blocked me on WhatsApp, fb and his phone.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Funky Valentine posted:

Let ye who has not partied hard straight through an entire fiscal quarter throw the first stone.

AITA for reporting my mom for identity faud
I’m not seeing “Mom or anyone else in the family apologized”, or “Mom offered to help/pay back in any way”, so as far as I’m concerned OP is still being too nice. With the police report and the family voluntarily cutting off contact, this is a solved problem.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Babies can have a little sprite, as a treat

In Europe this is very normal.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MrJazzels posted:

These are the posts of an ranting controlling madman, like he clearly has not come to terms at all with getting dumped and is stalking this poor woman as a result

Definitely. Also though that guy posting videos of doing 170mph on the freeway needs to lose his legal ability to drive

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Silly Burrito posted:

This is my theory for my upcoming line of colognes/perfumes that smell like:

1. Grilled steak
2. Crawfish/Shrimp boil
3. Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies

"They'll be hungry......for YOU"
Demeter chocolate chip cookie. You definitely want to sample before buying, but Demeter's scents are amazing. I'm fond of their Grass (no, not that kind) and their Tomato Leaf.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

AmiYumi posted:

I’m not seeing “Mom or anyone else in the family apologized”, or “Mom offered to help/pay back in any way”, so as far as I’m concerned OP is still being too nice. With the police report and the family voluntarily cutting off contact, this is a solved problem.

It doesn't even say what the mom took out the loan for. I mean obviously it's lovely either way, but there's a gulf of difference between taking out the loan to buy a lambo vs taking out the loan to avoid losing her house.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Going back to inheritance chat, evenly splitting a confusing estate, where some objects are indivisible and have different values for different heirs, is actually a problem you can solve with math, no matter how many claimants there are. Its a bit tricky to just rattle off the algorithm for 3+ people, but for two heirs it's simple: one heir proposes a split, and the other heir chooses which half they want. The second heir is guaranteed to get the half they prefer and the first one is incentivized to split as evenly as possible to avoid getting a bad deal

Of course none of this accounts for heirs who want an uneven split, requires weird language in the will, and assumes people aren't idiots. But following one of these strategies would help at least some families.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Going back to inheritance chat, evenly splitting a confusing estate, where some objects are indivisible and have different values for different heirs, is actually a problem you can solve with math, no matter how many claimants there are. Its a bit tricky to just rattle off the algorithm for 3+ people, but for two heirs it's simple: one heir proposes a split, and the other heir chooses which half they want. The second heir is guaranteed to get the half they prefer and the first one is incentivized to split as evenly as possible to avoid getting a bad deal

Of course none of this accounts for heirs who want an uneven split, requires weird language in the will, and assumes people aren't idiots. But following one of these strategies would help at least some families.

The whole "no give me 1/5 of the plot of land" aren't people who are concerned in the slightest over getting a fair value at the time, it's all about making sure no one else gets the "good" inheritance or convinced that owning the a fraction of a total land plot land will be their future lottery ticket.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Soysaucebeast posted:

It doesn't even say what the mom took out the loan for. I mean obviously it's lovely either way, but there's a gulf of difference between taking out the loan to buy a lambo vs taking out the loan to avoid losing her house.

There is not. Defrauding your adult children and actively attempting to ruin their lives is lovely no matter what you're spending the money on.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Silly Newbie posted:

There is not. Defrauding your adult children and actively attempting to ruin their lives is lovely no matter what you're spending the money on.

Thank you for clarifying there is no difference between the two listed scenarios, you are very smart and definitely thought this through

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cheetah7071 posted:

Land makes people lose their loving minds. In this case, "give me 1/5 the inheritance" is the exact wrong solution because you cannot sell it at 1/5 size. You need to sell it and then split the proceeds. For some reason, insane heirs cannot be talked into doing this, at least in my experience. Even if the kids don't hate each other, you just can't get them to understand that it would be vastly easier to sell the normal-sized parcel of land and split the money vs splitting it into unusable bits that nobody wants.

It's divisible easily if you take a single step. They won't because MAH LAND

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I cyberstalk my dad online as best I can because he's too stupid to use a computer, specifically so I can find out when he finally loving dies and I can appear like a dark storm and challenge every part of his will. I'm pretty sure his new family doesnt even know I exist so I hope they're already buckled up because I'm turning his inheritance into a complete poo poo show.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Hughlander posted:

Is her BIL Newt Gingrich

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
AITA for telling a woman I'll donate to her sick kid's funeral costs?

quote:

Ask me for more details if needed.

I ran with an artsy crowd in high school and we've all stayed pretty close as adults. There is one woman in the group who I have never liked. She's super new age-y and shames people for going to doctors or taking medications. She's been this way for the entire 20ish years I've known her. She also appropriates a lot of my culture (First Nations/ Native American), no matter how many times I explain to her how offensive and insensitive it is.

She called me a couple of weeks ago to let me know that her daughter has been diagnosed with cancer and asked me to recommend some traditional healing techniques. I said you can't cure cancer with traditional medicine, take her to a loving doctor. A few days later a go fund me for her started going around. My heart dropped when I saw her name because we live in Canada so there are no medical expenses for the kind of treatment her daughter needs. Sure enough, the gfm is for enough money so that she can take a year off to live in the woods with some "traditional healers and shamans" (all white, of course) so they can cure her daughter's cancer naturally. It lists the herbs and roots and foods that they would need to "dissolve" the tumor. It starts with an all caps paragraph saying not to bother trying to change her mind about the method of treatment because she knows what's best for her family.

I've talked to my friends about this and they all said they tried to talk to her but she won't listen. I've been trying to decide what to do, I'm absolutely sick to my stomach every time I think about it. Call child services? Try to talk to her? Kidnap her child?

I ran into her yesterday while walking my dog. She asked me if I had donated yet and I said no and that I absolutely would not. I told her that it was incredibly irresponsible and dangerous. We had a very heated argument and she said that I should still donate because she's not changing her mind and her daughter will have a better chance with my donation. I told her that I will donate to her daughter's funeral costs instead, because that's where this will take her. She started crying and left, and I've been getting calls and texts and FB messages ever since telling me that I went too far and I've ruined any chance anyone might have had of talking sense into her because now she's even more determined.

I know that arguing with her was pointless, and that it's especially unhelpful from me because we've never gotten along. But all I could think about was if her kid dies, will I look back on this moment and wonder if I could have said something to help her? But now I'm wondering if I said too much and pushed her further down this absolute batshit path like my friends are saying. Did I go too far?

Many parents would be thrilled to have their child grow up to be the next Steve Jobs. This parent isn't willing to wait.

(In the comments OP is quickly convinced to call Child Services, which has stepped in before in similar cases.)

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Silly Newbie posted:

I literally said that in the post you quoted?

Soysaucebeast posted:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Demeter chocolate chip cookie. You definitely want to sample before buying, but Demeter's scents are amazing. I'm fond of their Grass (no, not that kind) and their Tomato Leaf.

Well dang I knew I should've patented my idea first! :argh:

But man, some of those scents are a little puzzling (crayon, earthworm, funeral home, fuzzy balls, glue, play-doh, turpentine????). And while they may not have crawfish, they do have lobster so I feel somewhat vindicated. :colbert:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Danaru posted:

I cyberstalk my dad online as best I can because he's too stupid to use a computer, specifically so I can find out when he finally loving dies and I can appear like a dark storm and challenge every part of his will. I'm pretty sure his new family doesnt even know I exist so I hope they're already buckled up because I'm turning his inheritance into a complete poo poo show.

is this one of those where you are completely ignored in the will, so it's the ripest ripe it could be for a challenge?

I love how every piece of advice I've seen about it says something like "give anyone with a claim a token amount, like $100, so it's proof you didn't 'forget' them in the will" because wills and estates are a mess when more then one person has a claim much less estranged heirs.

Reminder that Prince's entire estate is still being fought over by all his siblings, including them selling "shares" in the estimated estate to either pay for the years long legal battle or just for a quick cash payout.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

pentyne posted:

is this one of those where you are completely ignored in the will, so it's the ripest ripe it could be for a challenge?

I love how every piece of advice I've seen about it says something like "give anyone with a claim a token amount, like $100, so it's proof you didn't 'forget' them in the will" because wills and estates are a mess when more then one person has a claim much less estranged heirs.

Reminder that Prince's entire estate is still being fought over by all his siblings, including them selling "shares" in the estimated estate to either pay for the years long legal battle or just for a quick cash payout.

Yep, and knowing my dad he'll be too spiteful/stupid to give me even a token amount :v: I dont even want anything, I just want to be an obstacle and an old shame that refuses to go away one final time

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Boyfriend [27M] wants to keep drinks on the floor

quote:

I know the title sounds obscure, but it's pretty much exactly what it says.

We have a lot of disagreements about household stuff (we've just moved into an apartment together; we lived together beforehand too) that manifests in me getting frustrated a lot of the time about what I feel is his complete disregard of household conventions.

I love buying stuff to do with the home and I just want the place to look beautiful and homely and I don't at all care about him paying for this stuff, too. But when it comes to what I think are basic things like a shoe rack and a chest of drawers (because we had so. many. clothes. just all over the bedroom floor) it is a task trying to get him to put money towards them. I even told him that I don't expect him to go halves with me on a 'basic' item when I've chosen something more expensive, but I said in those instances I'd look up the average price people would pay for that item and ask for half of that.

Still, he resists. He said stuff like that just isn't stuff he wants to buy or would ever buy of his own accord. My argument is that we're not cavemen and I'm not asking for money for stuff like a coffee table or really frivolous stuff like fancy light fixtures - I'm talking about putting money towards stuff that is very basic and very baseline.

I was just talking to him about how I'd like to get some nesting tables so that we have a place to put our drinks when we're sitting on the sofa (currently the drinks just go on the floor) and he was like 'well, I don't want the space to be cluttered'. And I was like, look, we need a place to put our drinks, they can't just go on the floor. I have ADHD and spill stuff ALL the time when they're on the floor (because I forget they're there) and he was like 'I think we do have differences in opinion when it comes to this sort of stuff' and I was like 'well, could you at least meet me half way?!'

At the moment, I feel like I'm compromising but he isn't at all. What are your thoughts? Thank you in advance.

TL;DR - My boyfriend prefers ultra-minimalism when it comes to our shared apartment. I do not.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Boyfriend [27M] wants to keep drinks on the floor

As big as I am in minimalism for living spaces, constantly leaving drinks on the floor is not a feature of that. Arguing over basic furniture needs like not throwing clothes on the floor (why the gently caress was this ever acceptable for even 2 seconds?) isn't "ultra-minimalism" is laziness and possibly the mental illness extreme cheapskate poo poo.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AITA for blowing up at my boyfriend for mixing all my spices and putting them in one container?

quote:

AITA for blowing up at my boyfriend for mixing all my spices and putting them in one container?

Hello. I'd like to start by mentioning that I'm an Indian (f26) living and studying in europe. I have been with my bf for over 2 years. He loves my cooking and compliments it a lot though it's a bit unusual from what he's used to eat. I use most of my recipes from the Indian cuisine. And despite having some spices that I use in my recipes available, there are some recipes that can be hard to find here.

I'd been expecting my mum to send a collection of authentic Indian spices for me to use. They arrived on Tuesday. They were placed inside small bags so I put the bags in the cabinets til I shop for new containers so I could store them properly and start using them in my recipes but got busy studying.

Yesterday I arrived to the flat and found my bf was doing some cleaning which was nice of him, really. But then I walked inside the kitchen to check on my spices but my boyfriend told me he cleaned out the cabinet and took care of the spieces by putting them all in one big container.

I was in a shock and blew up at him for doing that and told him he messed up by putting them all in one container. He was taken a back saying he didn't know why I had to overreact like that, spices are all the same. I understand he has no knowledge with cooking but even people who can't cook know that spices are not all the same. Even if they look familiar, the smell can vary. He continued defending himself and telling me I had a huge blewup/overreaction because of something so small. He said he loves my traditional dishes and has no problem if I mix the spices but I kept screaming at him. Yes I did that. And I was upset because 1. It's not the same, Every dish requires certain spices and other spices shouldn't be added to them.

And 2. Those spices are local and hard to find where we live so it's a loss for me. Might be a little dramatic but...

He said he didn't appreciate how I talked to him after spending effort so I could come home to a clean kitchen then took his phone and walked out the flat. He did not respond to every single message I sent him. Even this morning so obviously, he's upset with me for how I treated him because he was just trying to help and I was a bit unfair with my blow up.

AITA?.
EDIT* I saw a comment asking if he apologised. No he did not and I'm currently trying to have a conversation with him about it because I initially believed I was unfair by screaming. He's openly ignorant about cooking and yes I already know that when I met him. I could understand why he might feel likey reaction was an overreaction. But I was angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

teen witch posted:

This is either bait or exhibit A for the defense in a murder trial next year.