Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

All the songs are posted on the Eurovision website without the guffz you can catch up easy enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
thats rubbish, i've missed out on the experience

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

NotJustANumber99 posted:

thats rubbish, i've missed out on the experience

All the women were wearing the exact same sparkly silver dress that looked like a 70s lampshade over a pair of tights, all the men were wearing oversized suits in a distressing array of primary colours. The exceptions were Iceland, who dressed as the University Challenge finalists, and Germany, who had one member dressed as a giant middle finger.

All the songs sounded the same except for the three token ballads and two token rock songs, and they were equally forgettable.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

eurgh our guy in his music video turns up in a ford mustang.. there was an e type right there in the background. gently caress him

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Our guy was unbelievably bad

Iceland were peak Eurovision

France accidentally sent a competent singer?

Netherlands sent the Lighthouse Family

Finland sent Linkin Park

San Marino sent Flo Rida. Literally it was Flo Rida

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Those are about to hit London as Lime rentals and it’s going to be a loving nightmare. In Berlin people were throwing the scooters in the river because they’re so hated.

...how? E-Scooters are not legal except on private property over here.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i thought they were illegal for us to own but ok to rent of someone who owns a big company or something like that?

ive already seen them in towns around here

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I will never understand or watch eurovision

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

americant

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Watch it fucker!!!!!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

fridge corn posted:

you don't understand looking on and laughing at things that are cheesy and poo poo and yet you post here... intriguing

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Which one of you gave uk 12 points

Show yourself!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

this was my first eurovision and it was indifferent imo.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

How drunk are you on a scale of 1 to piiiiised

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

i'm not watching eurovision. leave means leave

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

BENT COPPERS

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the overall quality of songs was higher than average imo

it highly depends on how much you're into camp and Graham Norton being v catty

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

the voting outrage is part of it all, the daft euros getting it all wrong and revealing their ingrown prejudices, isnt over yet.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

hemale in pain posted:

Anyway, i woke up in the middle of the night feeling a strong arm wrapped around me but then realized my bf (whos not strong) was facing me and i was getting hugged from behind through the side of the tent. I think i actually shouted in surprise and scared the ghost off.

You've met the grey man of cairngorm folklore.

Norman Collie in 1889 posted:

I was returning from the cairn on the summit in a mist when I began to think I heard something else than merely the noise of my own footsteps. Every few steps I took I heard a crunch, then another crunch as if someone was walking after me but taking steps three or four times the length of my own. I said to myself 'this is all nonsense'. I listened and heard it again but could see nothing in the mist . As I walked on and the eerie crunch, crunch sounded behind me I was seized with terror and took to my heels, staggering blindly among the boulders for four or five miles nearly down to Rothiemurchus Forest. Whatever you make of it I do not know, but there is something very queer about the top of Ben MacDhui and will not go back there again by myself I know.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

UK: zero points from public. Zero total. ROFLMAOOO

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Dead last. Incredible.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Eurovision Superleague when?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

were already in it. thats how super leagues work

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

feedmegin posted:

...how? E-Scooters are not legal except on private property over here.

Not at all. Portsmouth already has them around the place (they’re doing a city-wide rental trial). Also, they’re already everywhere! Lots of people have them, and are all whizzing about the place. Costco were even selling them at Christmas for like £2-300.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I only caught the winning song and wtf that wasn't even funny bad, just incredibly generic.

EDIT: pretty funny to end up with nil points though. Is that the first time since Gemini?

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 23, 2021

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

its pretty unusual for eurovision. plus the lad did a line on camera infront of howver many hundred million people, lol, proper rockstars wish

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Endjinneer posted:

You've met the grey man of cairngorm folklore.

quote:

but there is something very queer about the top of Ben MacDhui

:hmmyes:

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

He's lying. He had a good time watching it.

Also

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

While we came last, I feel like Portugal should have joined us there. I'm surprised how little the move to 50% judge points has shaken things up.

France's entry felt like she's probably quite a good singer but she fluffed the performance on the night for some reason.

Iceland were in a tough spot with how good their song last year was but the circular keytar was a good choice

Italy gave a fun performance but it didn't feel like it should have been such a runaway victory.

And that is my Eurovision review. I enjoyed it very much.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

The_Doctor posted:

...have been/nearly been hit by one of the silent speedy murderers.

If you were on an eScooter yourself this wouldn’t have happened/you could have scooted up to them and gone “oi!”

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I had to explain to mini that although we voted for the Ukraine twice, it’s hard to comprehend how much Eastern Europeans, the Scandinavians, and Germans adore a rock song performed well.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

none of the scandinavians nor germany voted particularly heavily for italy though

legooolas
Jul 30, 2004

Jakabite posted:

Amazing. My only gripe is that many if not all stores seem to have discontinued ‘bacon bits’. No idea what they actually are but they’re crunchy as gently caress and and essential salad topper along with grated cheddar.

Genetically modified wheat or something in them all it seemed, which is probably why they don't do them anymore.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

learnincurve posted:

If you were on an eScooter yourself this wouldn’t have happened/you could have scooted up to them and gone “oi!”

this wouldn't have happened if you had a gun escooter

actually a gun would work pretty well also

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Solefald posted:

He's lying. He had a good time watching it.

Also

the UK got 3 points fewer than that act :laugh:

(the UK got 0 points)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

hemale in pain posted:

It's not too exciting but we were trying to make it to a bothy but ran out of light so we had to camp on the side of a gravel road.

^^ road

the view was very bleak and death stranding-esque.

Anyway, i woke up in the middle of the night feeling a strong arm wrapped around me but then realized my bf (whos not strong) was facing me and i was getting hugged from behind through the side of the tent. I think i actually shouted in surprise and scared the ghost off.

that's quite spooky, you have the approval of the midnight society :spooky:

i think being in a tent with a lonely, burly ghost would be a good premise for a eurovision act

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
mods please change my name to lonely, burly ghost

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Ghost or night hiker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

I'm currently in the process of switching from BT to Virgin mid-contract and it's a complete loving nightmare, wish I'd never bothered. I'm having to constantly go back and forth between them to get them to talk to each other and of course every time I mention to BT that I'm calling about a potential cancellation I have to sit through their "maybe we can do you a better deal" spiel (which they can't, as Virgin's 2nd-from-bottom tier internet is 3x faster than the fastest they do). I think I'm just gonna knock it on the head and wait for my BT contract to run out.