Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

njsykora posted:

you love to see it

I do, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/fchollet/status/1396521119704784896

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

lol at anyone who is cheering for the guys unironically trying to own people with "enjoy staying poor"

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

KnifeWrench posted:

lol at anyone who is cheering for the guys unironically trying to own people with "enjoy staying poor"
Stupid ? Maybe. But I have been here in the crypto space since 2017 and have experienced crazy drops like what is happening right now and even worse, but you know what? I am going down or up with this train no loving matter what I owe my life to satoshi. He made this for people like me and you. Independence, financial freedom , everything we stand for. I refuse to live in a world controlled by other people throughout every regard this is our one generational chance to be the kings of our own life. And I am either loving sinking with this ship or going with it to the rocket because I fully believe in Bitcoin. Like I said , stupid ? Maybe. But this is how I choose to live my life so I’m stacking whether BTC Is 1c or 500k. No matter what happens I’ll be here BTC.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gazpacho posted:

Stupid ? Maybe. But I have been here in the crypto space since 2017 and have experienced crazy drops like what is happening right now and even worse, but you know what? I am going down or up with this train no loving matter what I owe my life to satoshi. He made this for people like me and you. Independence, financial freedom , everything we stand for. I refuse to live in a world controlled by other people throughout every regard this is our one generational chance to be the kings of our own life. And I am either loving sinking with this ship or going with it to the rocket because I fully believe in Bitcoin. Like I said , stupid ? Maybe. But this is how I choose to live my life so I’m stacking whether BTC Is 1c or 500k. No matter what happens I’ll be here BTC.

source you are quotes

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
bitcoin is the one thing not controlled by other people in this world that will allow me to become king!

now let's just see if the chief scientist can reach an agreement with the bitcoin foundation and ask the mining cartels if they can update the program

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

"buy!" -the dip

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
i'm sweating trying to find a use for blockchain technology before my life savings are evaporated by jelly hands

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Boxturret posted:

"buy!" -the dip

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
"bye!" - the dip

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

ADINSX posted:

a recruiter reached out about a position at Robinhood, they're forming a financial crimes team and honestly it sounds like it would be fun just for the bitcoin crime lulz

Oh hey you got a recruiter e-mail from Robinhood too? Here's mine:

quote:

Hey Notorious R.I.M.! Looks like you're not open to tech anymore but I'd love to connect and network with you if you're up for it :) Robinhood is seeking our first DBA / DBE.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

lolll imagining being the first DBA, just imagining it. A database built with no regard for maintainability AND a culture of devs who have "gotten by just fine" without "all these rules!"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Tell them you want to move everything to blockchain. See how they react.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

This dogfood, it tastes awful aaaahhh

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

jokes on you, we didn't exit scam with $32 million because we were barely able to make even a fraction of that amount :smug:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Oh hey you got a recruiter e-mail from Robinhood too? Here's mine:
no loving way

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
first DBA? how. hhhooooowwww.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

we figured that after almost a decade we should really figure out exactly what's going on back there in the server dungeon

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ADINSX posted:

lolll imagining being the first DBA, just imagining it. A database built with no regard for maintainability AND a culture of devs who have "gotten by just fine" without "all these rules!"
https://twitter.com/d_feldman/status/1396536957602254854

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ADINSX posted:

DBAs are way out of style, why pay salaries for people who don’t crank out new features

my employer found another trick to ship faster with lower costs, get rid of all QA roles

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

much like "inventory" in real life logistics, objects stored in a database are a cost to be minimized.

ideally, all data should be flowing through a message broker or queue from the source client to the destination client; if any is sitting idle in a DB it's a bug.

this must be how robinhood has been so successful; I don't understand why they would change now?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
why would you need a dba when you can just poo poo out a json turd into a mogno

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Zamujasa posted:

why would you need a dba when you can just poo poo out a json turd into a mogno

okay, at least one word in this sentence is a slur

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

d*a

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

> search "hardcore d*a normalization"
> filter by "huge_package.jason & maria DB"

*unziiiip*

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Alan Smithee posted:

*pen and paper*

which part of the Seine was it?
The bottom part.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

the S word

SQL

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
brb starting a cloud based DB as a service company

cloud based data lake house!

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I'm not loling at the fact they never had a DBA, I know they're out of style and most startups probably don't have one. I'm loling that they decided that role would be best served by an outside hire. Instead of some respected insider who is familiar with the mess they themselves had a hand in making, lets just hire someone to clean up; oh also you can't slow us down in any way while cleaning up, we're here to change the world!!!

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Nybble posted:

first DBA? how. hhhooooowwww.
no one hires dbas anymore they just use rds or the google/azure equivalent and then have a few passionate developers/devops people who know as much as a dba and do the work for free on top of their 50+ hour workload they already have

welcome to startups and also the cloud

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:47 on May 24, 2021

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ADINSX posted:

I'm not loling at the fact they never had a DBA

i am

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

quote:

Potential scam (self.BitcoinBeginners)
submitted 59 minutes ago by kulekiwi

Hey guys, somebody just sent me several million "mommy milkers" tokens, and I'm scared this is some kind of scam that I don't know about. Has anybody heard about this before? They were sent to my coinbase wallet if that means anything.

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

cross-promotion for the new Resident Evil game has gotten out of hand.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

im cash poor but mommy milker rich

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
usdc did a five billion dollar print.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

SYSV Fanfic posted:

usdc did a five billion dollar print.

Ah, so USD does and no-one bats an eye, but when USDC does it, it's bad all of a sudden?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1396926365996261382

haha :shepicide:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

What a stable and rational individual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013