Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yeah, I had been waiting for this stage since it was announced and I'm probably not watching this at this point lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I took the day off work for this stage. Oh well, new wheels have arrived so I can spend it building my bike with it on in the background.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Here is what the Giau looked like when I went in 2019:

Coldest I’ve ever been.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I feel like removing two climbs and leaving a huge descent to the finish is just going to encourage massive risk-taking?

The revised profile doesn't actually look that bad

https://twitter.com/VeloViewer/status/1396745176421486595?s=20

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
No, the stage is too short and easy for real attacks now, especially with a descent finish. I actually think the break might win today lol

I actually would have preferred they cancel the stage like 2013 instead of run a neutered one.

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 24, 2021

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

There was talk of them taking GC times at the top, not sure if that’s still happening.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Race organiser seemed pretty mad in that interview. Clear he wanted them to race the whole stage but felt they had to make a change to avoid another protest.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Lotto down to 2 riders. They should just become mercenaries and sell themselves as domestiques for bike exchange or Astana

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Just came home and saw the new profile :yikes:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This was like the only proper GT mountain stage this year too, 200km, climbing from the start, descent finish. Why can't this happen to one of those poo poo rear end 120km TDF stages.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This was like the only proper GT mountain stage this year too, 200km, climbing from the start, descent finish. Why can't this happen to one of those poo poo rear end 120km TDF stages.

I mean, there was that one landslide the year that Bernal won. But yeah, doesn't happen often enough to the Tour

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

But hey, at least we might get to see some action in the points classification!

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yeah, I had been waiting for this stage since it was announced and I'm probably not watching this at this point lol.

In case you're actually not watching, I have to inform you that there haven't been any live pictures ("DUE TO EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS") in like 30 minutes. Real "you can't fire me, I quit" type situation here

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Timing screens seem like it's a good start.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I took the day off work for this stage. Oh well, new wheels have arrived so I can spend it building my bike with it on in the background.
It's a public holiday here in Denmark (and probably other parts of the world that still keep Christian traditions despite not being very religious), so there's a lot people who were looking forward to a day inside watching cycling, I bet - especially since the weather is cold and dreary.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Hurray, they finally wiped the camera....

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Nibali and izaguirre attacking the break on the descent.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Glad that Almeida has been freed from babysitting a Belgian fraud.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Whichever Yates it is in this race involved in crash apparently?!

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
BikeExchange are riding behind Ineos so seems unlikely

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Almeida just pulled past Remco in the virtual GC :sickos:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Almeida is justified in being furious imo. He came in as supposed co-leader and they chucked that out the window immediately and made him tank his race. He'd have been ahead of Remco already if they'd let him ride.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
You roll the dice to see if you can win the overall vs have a firm place in like 7th. I'd take that decision every time - Almeida was 4 minutes down on Remco after 4 stages.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
https://twitter.com/eltiodeldato/status/1396767732104933383?s=19

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

It rains a bit: full loss of signal
Race enters a tunnel: rock solid HD feed

like wtf lol

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I'm mad as heck about this stage and I'm glad I didn't tahr the day off.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Looks pretty grim

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They should make them turn around at the end and ride back up.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

goatface posted:

They should make them turn around at the end and ride back up.

Bennett: trendsetter

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

shout out to all those who had no idea tejay was in this race till now

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

Skarsnik posted:

shout out to all those who had no idea tejay was in this race till now

I whiplashed hard at that

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Why are EF

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hugh is smoking crack

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Woke up and said something delusional while his brain was still booting; DS latched on and told the boys to kill themselves.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Remco rip

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Remco has already shipped 3 minutes lol

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I wonder if that made Gorka's pulse go up at all

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bit rude, he scraped that person's van.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

goatface posted:

Woke up and said something delusional while his brain was still booting; DS latched on and told the boys to kill themselves.

This would maybe make sense to do if the stage was like, hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Fair play EF seem to have created something here