Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
18-26 I worked retail jobs and hosed a woman manager at every job. My ex wife and baby mama included. When I was 28 and getting divorced I had a relationship with the woman who trained me at my office job. Now that I’m 34 and kinda not loving anyone I can, I find myself in a long term relationship with an elementary school teacher. And my ex wife, who was my retail manager when we first started fooling around, has since become an elementary school teacher too. I guess I have a type. Hot for teacher hasn’t lead to that cool of a life tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

its_my_birthday posted:

18-26 I worked retail jobs and hosed a woman manager at every job. My ex wife and baby mama included. When I was 28 and getting divorced I had a relationship with the woman who trained me at my office job. Now that I’m 34 and kinda not loving anyone I can, I find myself in a long term relationship with an elementary school teacher. And my ex wife, who was my retail manager when we first started fooling around, has since become an elementary school teacher too. I guess I have a type. Hot for teacher hasn’t lead to that cool of a life tbh

Come on now. It's sacrilicious talking about sex like this on your birthday.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
And with me having just given your mom an account. We were going to surprise you.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm sorry but no man speaking like that on his birthday will be living under my roof. Step son or no.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I hosed a highschool principal once

I don't know why that made it hotter, but it did

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right

its_my_birthday posted:

Worked at an elementary school for 5 years. Remember that scene in Angel where the main character, Angel, becomes evil again? It's like that after the kids are dismissed. It's basically, "Bye guys! Tomorrow we're gonna learn who the dish ran away with!" and as soon as the door closes, Russian roulette and grab rear end.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Tip posted:

I hosed a highschool principal once

I don't know why that made it hotter, but it did

When I was working said hotel job (and was at said sports bar I mentioned above) I met and slept with a woman who was FAR outside my reach who was in town leading a convention of christian school kids to be good little religious folk in the hotel chock full of the attendees.
The next year they came back through our city and she emailed me wanting to hook up again lol.

e: err oops, this was at the places I talked about in the Americana thread, not this one. Got my threads crossed.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 24, 2021

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
i just got sashimi delivered in the middle of summer from some random door dashers car. ill see you all in hell

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

its_my_birthday posted:

middle of summer

Time traveling post.

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
it's almost June! on the west coast summer starts in april as far as im concerned. in 10 years fall and spring will be nothing more than urban legends for the kids born into the earth climate hellscape anyway

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

its_my_birthday posted:

i just got sashimi delivered in the middle of summer from some random door dashers car. ill see you all in hell

Did you gently caress the door dasher?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
took me 5 hours to watch it because of work issues but Gone Baby Gone was pretty good. Heavy on the MORALITY at the end but I did like this phrase "I feel like 9/11 right now"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Playing some Battle Brothers tonight.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Meme Poker Party posted:

Playing some Battle Brothers tonight.

This game always looked cool and I liked the participation thread that was in GBS awhile back (my dude got killed)

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

its_my_birthday posted:

man a weekend is just not enough time to recharge the battery before monday morning rolls around. 4 day work weeks standard, why not done?

i wonder how much better we'd be off as a society when people aren't burning themselves out just to make it through the day. sometimes it feels like everyone just needs to fuckin chill and an extra day would do a ton of good for the nation's mental health.

For whatever reason, the pentecost is a national day off here - so I'm sitting on a bench in a park at the tail end of a 3-day weekend. It's nice.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Just got back from my extraction and while I am uncomfortable I am also so glad that bitch of a tooth is gone gently caress YOU TOOTH GET hosed

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Computer viking posted:

For whatever reason, the pentecost is a national day off here - so I'm sitting on a bench in a park at the tail end of a 3-day weekend. It's nice.

Enjoy your stupid tongue of holy spirit fire appearing above your dumb head and having the LORD revealed unto you for the last time you DORK haha everybody look at this guy with the fire of the holy spirit over his head like an idiot.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

Enjoy your stupid tongue of holy spirit fire appearing above your dumb head and having the LORD revealed unto you for the last time you DORK haha everybody look at this guy with the fire of the holy spirit over his head like an idiot.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

made a linkedin account and then realized i literally know nobody
jesus thats depressing

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

hbag posted:

jesus thats depressing

You should try the mlm scene.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

hbag posted:

jesus thats depressing

You've never had coworkers? Or went to high school with anyone? Adding connections on linkedin is pretty casual imo, doesn't matter if you werent best friends or anything.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Literally A Person posted:

You should try the mlm scene.

While it would be fun, I don’t see what having a male-lamia-male threesome has to do with LinkedIn.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You've never had coworkers? Or went to high school with anyone? Adding connections on linkedin is pretty casual imo, doesn't matter if you werent best friends or anything.

ive never had a job and i havent spoken to anyone since i left secondary school

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

always be networking

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

You can add me so you can get blasted by inspiring business TED talks and surveys on what kind of leader you are.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Is linked in anything other than scams and advertising?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

its the place where hot chicks message me and I get to ignore them

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aardvark! posted:

its the place where hot chicks message me and I get to ignore them

HOT single job opportunities in [$city] want to talk to you NOW

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Linkedin Learning (formerly Lynda.com) has some neat guides and tutorials for people looking to go into new careers or brush up on their knowledge. You can probably log into it at home for free through your local library.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Big Beef City posted:

It is the most obscure and perhaps the silliest of the easter-related holidays, but it's also a Monday off every spring, so I can't be too mad about it.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Linkedin Learning (formerly Lynda.com) has some neat guides and tutorials for people looking to go into new careers or brush up on their knowledge. You can probably log into it at home for free through your local library.

Do you...work for linked in?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
...or my local library?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I've gotten half of my computer toucher jobs over the last decade from LinkedIn, to the point it is my primary job hunting tool

I'm also at a point in career having that i kinda rely on networking instead of shooting applications out, so LinkedIn is almost literally Facebook but for coworkers for me.

Kinda disappointed that only one person seems to have noticed that I transitioned there lol

RFC2324 fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 24, 2021

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

...or my local library?

I used to work at a public library, yeah. Theres so many unused services...

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I used to work at a public library, yeah. Theres so many unused services...

the public masturbation computers sure seem popular these days

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Aardvark! posted:

For the last time, it's called an Alienware and they're pretty good rigs at a decent price ffs

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Aardvark! posted:

There was once a dude that got caught with his pants down, and his excuse was that he just got out of prison. Like...I get it, but man... poor choice my dude

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I decided to switch from energy drinks to coffee and so I ordered all the supplies last week

now there's no caffeine in my house and the delivery person has been driving around with all my poo poo for the past 6 hours

I need my fix :morning:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tip posted:

now there's no caffeine in my house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.