Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I would have preferred Lara not to call the subterranean indigenous humans "creatures" and at one point someone calls her out on that and it gets brushed off immediately

Later she literally took the savior role from an indigenous character who had been preparing for her whole life, the character gets fridged in order for her to be a white savior. And then she was supposed to be sacrificed but she didn't for some dumb cosmic reason, oh well.

Overall the story of shadow is a huge mess, fun game and the sequence of her becoming a cold blooded monster who destroys a whole army base is definitely an experience tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I feel its a series of really good and fun setpieces or ideas, that inconsistent writing lets down overall. Like the idea that the villain in 2's second in command was literally deliberately gaslit into madness by her so she could control him and the idea behind the Baba Yaga DLC and things like that were rather neat, even if the overall writing between setpieces is cumbersome and poorly thought ou6t.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Part of the reason Shadow's story is a mess is because the writer of the first two games was replaced, and a bunch of ongoing plot threads were either brushed over or dropped entirely. (The leaders of Trinity - Rise's villains - die offscreen in a radio message.)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Rise had some really fun character moments I thought due to leaning heavily on Lara being monstrous, like when the villain is trying to reason with her due to Lara being in a precarious position and the villain offering her a hand up and Lara just shoots at her and she realises "OH my god this girl is loving insane... She is going to kill me before the day is out..."

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The marketing for Shadow implied Lara is the reason for said apocalypse, was that a thing that is also overlooked or just a gimmick?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Azubah posted:

The marketing for Shadow implied Lara is the reason for said apocalypse, was that a thing that is also overlooked or just a gimmick?

Sorta, she triggers it but if she didn't then the main villains would have anyway, and in a way where they would be able to see it through to the end.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

joylessdivision posted:

He was fantastic in Twin Peaks the Return too

Lillard is often great, it took me years to realize SLC Punk kinda sucks because there's a few good performances in there, his in particular

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

nine billion!? jesus christ. That studio is practically dead. Bethesda went for only 7.5 and they actually make a lot of money!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Judakel posted:

nine billion!? jesus christ. That studio is practically dead. Bethesda went for only 7.5 and they actually make a lot of money!

MGM has a shitload of films Bethesda has 8 rereleases of skyrim

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Neurolimal posted:

MGM has a shitload of films Bethesda has 8 rereleases of skyrim

Yeah there's a few IPs they'd get control of. The Bond IP is probably the biggest one. But I think this is all about the MGM back catalog.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yeah there's a few IPs they'd get control of. The Bond IP is probably the biggest one. But I think this is all about the MGM back catalog.

They sold most of that to Turner in ‘86.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

They sold most of that to Turner in ‘86.

Oh poo poo that's right. I have no fuckin idea then why they'd pay that much.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
There's speculation it won't go through due to the Broccoli stranglehold over key decision-making. It's still an absurd amount, but they may be trying to do a Bond Cinematic Universe with shows and movies for generations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That’s what I was wondering, MGM don’t own Bond outright do they?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Zachack posted:

Sorta, she triggers it but if she didn't then the main villains would have anyway, and in a way where they would be able to see it through to the end.

The villains might've triggered the final apocalypse but even in game they are flabbergasted that she just yoinks artifacts that explicitly say Don't Touch Me or doom will befall the world.

A lot of brown lives are absolutely on her hands and she just does not care at allllll.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

That’s what I was wondering, MGM don’t own Bond outright do they?

I think so. Is that brand even strong enough to attempt something like that?

I figured Universal was angling for something like that. It seemed kind of odd for them to buy distribution for the new film so I wondered they were hoping to leverage that into something bigger.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Bond quits fighting evil billionaires to take on the real bad guys: union organisers.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Bond is co-owned by Sony now iirc.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Bond is co-owned by MGM and Eon. Eon is basically just two film producers in London.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

feedmyleg posted:

There's speculation it won't go through due to the Broccoli stranglehold over key decision-making. It's still an absurd amount, but they may be trying to do a Bond Cinematic Universe with shows and movies for generations.

What the broccoli family should worry about is making a green giant movie and then making a veggie cinematic universe

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

The Klowner posted:

Trying to make a list of "talentless movie/tv people with famous/well-connected parents"

-David benioff & d.b. Weiss
-Max landis
-sofia Coppola
-ben shapiro

That's all I got...

Jaden Smith

-edit, whoops didn't notice I wasn't on the last page.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vegetable posted:

Bond is co-owned by MGM and Eon. Eon is basically just two film producers in London.

Eon is also the name of a Malaysian car company (now partly owned by the same Chinese company that owns Volvo) that bought Lotus and it's funny to think that they can can also own another of Britain's cultural legacy.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/IndieWire/status/1396535920590049283?s=19

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Bond is co-owned by Sony now iirc.

No they just distributed the last few films.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I was excited for a new Franco Nero movie but not anymore!

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/1396843627804905476?s=21
:shrug:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
His vacant doofy gaze in that pic is cracking me up

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[in extremely down tempo Lana del Rey voice] oooooooooompaaaaaaah.... looooooooooompaaaaaaaah... dooooooopityyyy dooooooooooo.... [triangle solo into synth overtones]

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yes because the remake totally wasn’t an abomination

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

No thank you

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Forget origin stories, give us the Great Glass Elevator!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I still say it oughta have the Oompa Loompas be the brains of the operation and Wonka is just the frontman.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Bond quits fighting evil billionaires to take on the real bad guys: union organisers.

Remember that in Quantum of Solace, Bond was fighting to save Evo Morales from a CIA-backed coup whose goal was to privatize the water supply.

duz posted:

:agreed:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Lordy.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/kevin-spacey-to-return-as-sex-crime-detective-3r90wfzbv

“The disgraced actor Kevin Spacey, who has spent four years in the professional wilderness after accusations of sexual misconduct, is preparing to return to the screen in the role of a detective investigating the case of a man wrongly suspected of paedophilia.”

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Phanatic posted:

Lordy.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/kevin-spacey-to-return-as-sex-crime-detective-3r90wfzbv

“The disgraced actor Kevin Spacey, who has spent four years in the professional wilderness after accusations of sexual misconduct, is preparing to return to the screen in the role of a detective investigating the case of a man wrongly suspected of paedophilia.”

:ohno:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Chairman Capone posted:

Remember that in Quantum of Solace

This is a trick, nobody remembers Quantum of Solace.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I'm glad cancel culture got cancelled so the sex pest could get work pretending to be another sex pest

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

endocriminologist posted:

I'm glad cancel culture got cancelled so the sex pest could get work pretending to be another sex pest

Incorrect, he's pretending to be a detective investigating someone else cancelled for being a sex pest :eng101:

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Asterite34 posted:

Incorrect, he's pretending to be a detective investigating someone else cancelled for being a sex pest :eng101:

oh my god that makes it so much worse lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

duz posted:

This is the black list movie where Wonka is suffering from ptsd after fighting in WWI isn't it?