Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mycophobia posted:

they made 2 blinxes?

the 2nd isnt on xbox backwards compatibility, microsoft doesnt want you to know the truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
i also bought this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

the 2nd isnt on xbox backwards compatibility, microsoft doesnt want you to know the truth
They're saving it for an E3 reveal where they'll announce a new Blinx. In the same way that Nintendo hasn't added Earthbound or SMRPG to the SNES Online for the Switch yet.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

That Little Demon posted:

A guy who worked at EB games called me the f slur for buying Ultima online, and to play a real MMo where you can get raped and be killed by anyone at any time and showed me the box for Everquest. I was 13. It changed everything

Lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

American McGay posted:

They're saving it for an E3 reveal where they'll announce a new Blinx. In the same way that Nintendo hasn't added Earthbound or SMRPG to the SNES Online for the Switch yet.

(eyes squeezed shut, fingers tightly crossed) imp magic, imp magic, imp magic, imp magic

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mycophobia posted:

they made 2 blinxes?

You bet your time-sweeping rear end they did

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i'm really glad i didnt have an xbox until college because i only got one issue of game informer ever (some promotion when i bought the BOF2 gba port i think) and it's one of the ones where they go gaga over a preview build of blinx. i got crazy fuckin hype over it and i remember begging my mom for an xbox so i could play it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

while looking for a pic i found out it was marketed as a sequel to another GBA Battlebots game but in reality was just the exact same game with a few bug fixes lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
this was a great game for couch co-op because KURT ANGLE JUST GRABBED the commentary was so badly programmed that it was basically just good ol' J.R. screaming random sentence fragments during THE TWISTY ROCKETS! your conversations

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IdealFlaws posted:

i also bought this

I "bought" this after renting it from hollywood video on my college roommates card and forgot to return it and then a year later when he was trying to buy a house with his new wife he had a ding on his credit from it and he called me to yell at me about it. I had to find the game went to take it back and at that point they don't let you pay the fine they make you buy it at those exorbitant rental store prices, I think I had to pay 100 dollars for it.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

zoux posted:

I "bought" this after renting it from hollywood video on my college roommates card and forgot to return it and then a year later when he was trying to buy a house with his new wife he had a ding on his credit from it and he called me to yell at me about it. I had to find the game went to take it back and at that point they don't let you pay the fine they make you buy it at those exorbitant rental store prices, I think I had to pay 100 dollars for it.

lol goddamn

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

zoux posted:

this happened to my parents at blockbuster with, of all games, Darius Twin lmao. my dad refused to pay it so there was a period of time when we just went to a a different rental place that was kind of a hole in the wall instead, until i was old enough to get my own card.

i actually still had the darius twin cartridge until just before the pandemic when i sold it, with the blockbuster tags still on it, to a vintage store.

it's a middling shmup IMO but my brothers and i were really into it, we all had nicknames. i was The Undertaker because i covered the bottom of the screen, the middle brother was Laser, and my youngest brother was Protector because he sucked at the game so we just made him fly in front of us so he'd get hit first.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zoux posted:

Lmfao at getting a mortgage rejected bc of Star Wars: Obi Wan

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MORTGAGE BROKER: Alright, your mortgage application seems to be in order... only thing I see here is your credit score took a hit due to a delinquent account. Can you explain?
ME: *Sweats uncontrollably*

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

lmfao

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It ended up being fine, besides me being embarrassed at Hollywood Video for having to lay out one hundred dollars for a lovely game I played for maybe 2 hours

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Who’s the more foolish? The renter or the store who rents to him?

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

This game was weirdly fascinating and ambitious. Probably not good but it was my first game that did metal gear style stealth and I feel like it really pushed the hardware

100% it has the heart of a champion, and I respect it immensely for that despite everything else.

nintendolife.com posted:

Perfect Dark takes advantage of every aspect and peripheral of the GBC. Coming on a rumble cartridge, the game supports IR data transfer, link cable multiplayer, the Game Boy printer for hardcopy character profiles, the N64 Transfer Pak for unlocking cheats in the N64 game; if the GBC could do it, Perfect Dark does it. There’s even clean voice acting in the cutscenes, something a lesser developer wouldn’t even dream of implementing.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

isnt this supposed to be good? or is that another wii king game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Sofa King: Wii Todd Ed

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

My Life as a Darklord is one of those tower defense games where you manage floors of a tower and fill them with monsters to stop heros from reaching the top, it's very similar to Monster Train, and it's not too bad.

My Life as a King is the sequel and it's a town/hero management game where you sit around and do nothing while heroes bring you back gold and materials, and it gets incredibly grindy if you don't shell out like 50 more dollars for the DLC Hero Buildings. I think I got about halfway through the 'progression' before i realized what a waste of time it was, and I had very low standards when it came to spending my time on a game.

edit: You might also be thinking of Little King's Story which was a kind of Pikmin like game, which was very good but also pretty difficult.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i would guess youre thinking of

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

elf help book posted:

this is what I’m thinking of I think, I heard this was fun. I didn’t play the FF Wii ware games but they sound okay? Sort of like The Badman games on psp

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

elf help book posted:

Yeah this game is cool

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

elf help book posted:

This game was cool. Sort of like Pikmin.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Yeah, but also pretty difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Nostradingus posted:

Yeah, but also pretty difficult.

I agree