Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I was terrified this thing was going to come back to life in horizon zero dawn

I am terrified this thing will come back to life in horizon forbidden west

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They are 100% gonna make Aloy fight a Metal Devil in Forbidden West, I'm so sure of this that it's not even a question.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Vikar Jerome posted:

Dragon engine... could we see Kiryu dlc...???

Pretty much a guaranteed no, sadly. They don't let Kiryu be a guest fighter in other games because he doesn't hit women.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

SW Squadrons is AWESOME in VR. Sadly, I JUST opened my copy to play with recently. drat. Well, at least more people will hopefully check it out. It's pretty good and deserves a sequel!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I loved the Squadrons campaign in VR but bounced hard off the MP, it has rigid complementary roles so pubbie games without organized teams and comms are just chaos

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I feel like if it was 2012 they would have an opening in a HZD game of a soldier during the Faro Plague who was eventually overran and killed, games around that time loved openings like that

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

XtraSmiley posted:

SW Squadrons is AWESOME in VR. Sadly, I JUST opened my copy to play with recently. drat. Well, at least more people will hopefully check it out. It's pretty good and deserves a sequel!

This game in VR owns so much but I'm just terrible at it. It is almost the ideal VR game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

I loved the Squadrons campaign in VR but bounced hard off the MP, it has rigid complementary roles so pubbie games without organized teams and comms are just chaos

The way you spawn in alone after death makes a team that isnt organized on comms impossible to coordinate.

They should have had spawn on partner or something cause as soon as you lose a pubbie he wont wait until everyone dies so you can fly as a wing, he will respawn immediately and be halfway back to the fight when you die and just get picked off by the enemies

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The other big Thursday stream
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/05/sonic-central-news-live-stream-set-for-may-27

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Sonic Mania 2 :pray:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It’s gonna be Sonic Colors Ultimate, some new collection, and vague showings of the next proper game maybe. That’s my prediction based on leaks.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Sonic '06 Remastered

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finally the power of the PS5 I'll be used to improve the load times I guess

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

ngl I’d probably play a bug fixed and better load times 06 lol. Some of the levels bordered on fun when you were able to play them, and it’s a laugh riot besides the fact

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The announcement is talking about partnerships and such so they'll probably have some Sonic 2 movie stuff too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

The way you spawn in alone after death makes a team that isnt organized on comms impossible to coordinate.

They should have had spawn on partner or something cause as soon as you lose a pubbie he wont wait until everyone dies so you can fly as a wing, he will respawn immediately and be halfway back to the fight when you die and just get picked off by the enemies

There was that one level with completely open space and no cover and some dickhead was always camping the spawn.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

There was that one level with completely open space and no cover and some dickhead was always camping the spawn.

Yeah the game had so much love put into player experience like visuals and sound and like zero thought in other places.

I found the mp maps to either have zero cover or be so cluttered that trying to dog fight made no sense
The sp also only has a few missions with any interesting gameplay twists or different goals. But i suppose thats mainly because its so short theres no time to develop anything more.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

owl_pellet posted:

did RGG studio work on previous virtua fighter games?

they probably just helped with dragon engine stuff. good sign tho... what if next, sega lets yu suzuki work with RGG for shenmue 4 and shenmue kiwami 1-3 collection. these are the dreams i am putting out into the universe.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Dewgy posted:

Pretty much a guaranteed no, sadly. They don't let Kiryu be a guest fighter in other games because he doesn't hit women.

majima then

edit: kiryu slaps haruka in yakuza 1/kiwami.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m really curious to see what they choose to develop and what they choose to shed in Horizon. Will mind-controlling the robots and riding them be on bigger scale? I would personally melt down if you could ride one of the big flying dudes.

I also can’t imagine we see the same loot/armor/crafting system

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Pre-Zero Dawn flashbacks with romance options so that we can all finally gently caress Ted Faro.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Horizon prequel is gonna be making Ted Faro likable

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

yeah it was so bad. i still have no clue what they were going for with weapons either. the only sage advice for a player is "ignore all of this and rush to buy a purple"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

Horizon was good but the loot can take a hike

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Horizon was good but the loot can take a hike

yeah that stuff was dumb, iirc the DLC added a skill-tree to help with the dumb resource gathering

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Vikar Jerome posted:

they probably just helped with dragon engine stuff. good sign tho... what if next, sega lets yu suzuki work with RGG for shenmue 4 and shenmue kiwami 1-3 collection. these are the dreams i am putting out into the universe.

maybe the shenmue games would be good then

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Horizon prequel is gonna be making Ted Faro likable

Realtalk that'd go a long way to explaining how the grey goo even got as far as it did before the story picks up on it. There's no inherent conflict between "gently caress Ted Faro" and him being a tragic character. Tragedy is always "there but for the grace of god..." and while I doubt any of us have had to murder to cover up our personal failings (and if you have for the love of Faro don't tell me ya dingus) we also probably have not had a personal failure on the scale presented here. His decisions are consistent with his character, yes, even though they're wrong and reprehensible, but they're really not fundamentally different from "No, officer, I have not had anything to drink tonight." or "That's definitely a shaving cut blood and not lipstick on my collar." Not owning your own actions when even you know they're wrong is a trait pretty consistent to humanity. Not 100%, mind! Just...consistent. That's one reason I love the presentation of Ted Faro so much: he is us and we are him. If you feel no sympathy for him even as you are repulsed by his decisions, well, I dunno. I'd say I worry, but let's be fair I'll forget I wrote this by the time I've hit post.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Horizon 2 should copy the Tsushima formula for loot and drops and gear and all that. GoT did a great job. I didn’t hate how it worked in Horizon but it was clunky and didn’t really add to anything. The gathering/looting was really fun at least.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Vikar Jerome posted:

edit: kiryu slaps haruka in yakuza 1/kiwami.

Seems like something they would retcon out if they could. Kiryu is meant to be the ultimate Good Guy and hitting a kid (no matter the reason) is the most cowardly bullshit you can do.

Edit: It was a rubber hand.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 25, 2021

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

maybe she uhhh....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyBJ1MvkPkI

...had her revenge coming?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i2OLn4HnCo

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

r u ready to WALK posted:

I want to play a Horizon prequel set during the Faro plague and all the grim events leading up to the completion of the zero dawn project. It kinda sucked that they had all this really cool freaky world lore that you could only read and listen to.

this is like the only email I vividly remember but the phrase Dolphin Chum I can recall instantly.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

PantsBandit posted:

Seems like something they would retcon out if they could. Kiryu is meant to be the ultimate Good Guy and hitting a kid (no matter the reason) is the most cowardly bullshit you can do.

Edit: It was a rubber hand.

They’ve used that “smack your kid across the face” bit throughout the series a bunch of times, not just Kiryu, but it comes up in random substories all the time. Like in Y3, you save a high schooler from sex slavery and when she gets back her mom smacks her for making her worry.

I don’t pretend to understand it, but the main takeaway is it’s not like Haruka got the ol’ Tiger Drop. :v: Though that would have been extremely funny.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Just finished playing another couple of hours of Last Guardian and goodness I could not be more enamoured with this game. It is such a refreshing change from the seksouls that has been taking up my time and Trico is one of gamings greatest characters hands down.

Wonder where it will feature in my GOTY list compared to the five from games. Very interesting to see how my list is going to be :)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fuckin hell yes wait until the finale

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The most magical thing that can happen in tlg is whenever the AI messes up a key event and just watches you plummet to your death, it's part of what makes Trico feel so alive

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The last 2 or so hours of TLG is one of the greatest things in video game history.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m really curious to see what they choose to develop and what they choose to shed in Horizon. Will mind-controlling the robots and riding them be on bigger scale? I would personally melt down if you could ride one of the big flying dudes.

I’m pretty hyped to see how expansive / developer underwater exploration/combat is.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

The last 2 or so hours of TLG is one of the greatest things in video game history.

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

My favorite thing in TLG was when you've exhausted the room you're in and you see a perch overhead so you climb up and do the potty dance and point at it and Trico looks up and chuffs and sits down. You try this a few times to no result, so you assume you missed something and need to find another way. You pixel-bitch for 10 minutes trying to find a hole or a climbable handhold or something but really can't. You decide to climb up on Trico to get a different vantage point and he immediately leaps to the perch.

Ah, I say, just like having a real cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i'm not as enamored with TLG as some people here but the ending's composition (cinematography, soundtrack, the works) is really hard to find fault with

also it's great how you start with trico barely able to walk in a straight line and by the end you're relying on the big doofus to do half the navigation/puzzle-solving work for you