Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

loving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
ngl, i saw the trailer for eternals and felt nothing and i enjoy going to the midnight showings of all this fluff poo poo. i like the cast when they announced them but... that trailer is boring as gently caress and its like someone turned the exposure really really low and i was annoyed we're not getting full on jack kirby colours, and that ending joke relying on game of thrones knowledge was a wet fart and then people on twitter were saying that marvel has surpassed malick and i wanted to set fire to the twitter servers.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 26, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

okay folks

I was at Best Buy because you know what I like that place, they actually order copies of games compared to lovely gamestop where you can't get a copy of something unless you pre-order, and BB's blu ray selection often contains special packaged versions of films etc which I like, so there, I like Best Buy I guess

anyways, I was in the game section picking up a copy of Shin Megami Tensei Noctourne and I saw the Returnal box art and I was THIS CLOSE to grabbing it but I didn't. I'm excited to play it but I'm gonna wait a month or two until I can get a few bucks off. In the meantime I'm gonna play SMT, NieR, FF7Ri, and my unplayed copy of Cyberpunk!

gaming is good

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really want you to play returnal tbh.

Even with the few issues I had with it I feel like it's basically unbeatable for GOTY. And there is so much stuff that you are into going on with it. Like, it's got that mysterious quality of a Souls game and is challenging, the gameplay reminds me of a snappier version of Control mixed with Doom. The narrative is by the guy that the narrative for Control etc. so the story is really weird...

Most of all the action is just unbelievably good though, the sound design is in a league of it's own and the haptic support is the best to date or at least equal to Astro bot. Oh and the spectacle of it all. The boss fights, the projectiles everywhere... It's just an awesome game.

Either way, if you get to it now or later. I think you're gonna like it.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 26, 2021

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
Well I finally figured out how to deal with the flying bots: the spitmaw really makes short work of them, at least the variant I had tonight. I was crushing them with it but then I switched to the carbine and was about to go crush the boss with 4 health items, but i got greedy and tried to go fabricate another item to use my remaining obolites, and a swarm of them came out and took me way down, crushed 3 health kits. I went back to the boss anyway and I actually almost beat him even after all those losses, but in the last phase I screwed up. So disheartening to have such a good run go down the tubes like that... but I'm feeling less discouraged than I was a few days ago. I only wish I were better so I could progress faster, because like, I'm actually really interested in the story and seeing it play out, but when I'm stuck on the same section so long I start to feel like I've lost track of the narrative a bit. That reminds me, I need to do some more Hades runs.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

BP as a sometimes thrifty gamer myself i can tell you that i understand the impulse

but returnal is well worth full price, it is my goty

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It'll be 40 in the holiday sale i bet

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
Looks like demons souls is 69€ instead of 79€ in the sale and now I'm regretting the digital edition

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Even with the few issues I had with it I feel like it's basically unbeatable for GOTY. And there is so much stuff that you are into going on with it. Like, it's got that mysterious quality of a Souls game and is challenging, the gameplay reminds me of a snappier version of Control mixed with Doom. The narrative is by the guy that the narrative for Control etc. so the story is really weird...

Most of all the action is just unbelievably good though, the sound design is in a league of it's own and the haptic support is the best to date or at least equal to Astro bot. Oh and the spectacle of it all. The boss fights, the projectiles everywhere... It's just an awesome game.

Really looking forward to it, I just had to get SMT because I know the disc version is going to be impossible to find after like 2 months and I only had money for one game right now. Also my short term backlog is ...intimidating.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yo veeg I know you have your game schedule figured out but I'm gonna suggest that you put a game between TLOU and 2LOU just because of how heavy and emotionally stressful they are. Whether that means you play TLOU next and then onto DeS and 2LOU, or DeS next and then TLOU >>> [some other game] >>> 2LOU, either way, but I think playing TLOU back to back with 2LOU is gonna be rough.

Hehehe, I honestly do not have my schedule figured out, I just have a ton of games that I think might work and some that might not. I am really not sure how to lay them out yet, or if all of them would work as streaming. I will post them later when I get home. TLOU/TLOU2 back to back being rough intrigues me as a concept but you and everyone else has said about giving them a gap. I do not want to put Demons Souls between them, I am actually doing Demons after TLG because I need to play another From game. I need to figure out the schedule for sure.

owl_pellet posted:

it has to be either:

1. TLG
2-6. The from games

or vice versa because i have no idea how you would even come close to defining a rubric where those groups of games could be compared/contrasted such that you could squeeze TLG in between somewhere

The five from games I played are: Dark Souls, Dark Souls II, DSIII, Sekiro and Demons (to play), coupled with TLG and potentially all these games this year (Not all streaming or maybe, it depends on you guys):
TLOU,
TLOU II,
Outer Wilds,
Metal Gear Solid V,
Death Stranding,
Elden Ring (if it comes out this year)
Horizon Forbidden West (If it comes out this year),
FFVII Remake,
Devil May Cry 5.
Persona 5 Royale
Resident Evil Village
Nier Replicant

And those are the console games off the top of my head. Not including a ton of PC games that I have and have been accessing in between streams (including Dead Cells, Resident Evil 7, Blasphemous).

I am going to struggle with a Top 10 this year knowing how highly these games rated. Really struggle.

Right now I cannot compare TLG to any of the From games. How would I numerically place them? Yeah a struggle, but also a tough fun challenge :)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I highly disagree that there should be a gap between tlou and tlou 2. I wish I had the ability to play them back to back for the first time, but alas I played them both at launch. It'll make it more rough in exactly the way it's supposed to be. And you'll be blown away by how good 2 looks and plays.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

I highly disagree that there should be a gap between tlou and tlou 2. I wish I had the ability to play them back to back for the first time, but alas I played them both at launch. It'll make it more rough in exactly the way it's supposed to be. And you'll be blown away by how good 2 looks and plays.

I agree with this, but I don’t know how it will affect Veeg specifically. He’s sensitive, but still….resilient? I couldn’t see him being one of those “it was too brutal for me I will never play it again” type people.

I guess the best strategy, Veeg, is to finish TLOU1 and then see if you think your heart could handle any more haha

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Playing them back to back would exhaust the hell out of me, and there's a time gap between them which really offers a chance for a breather, but YMMV

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Yeah I think you might find at the end of TLOU that you wont want to play TLOU2 right away! ;)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

I agree with this, but I don’t know how it will affect Veeg specifically. He’s sensitive, but still….resilient? I couldn’t see him being one of those “it was too brutal for me I will never play it again” type people.

I guess the best strategy, Veeg, is to finish TLOU1 and then see if you think your heart could handle any more haha

Yeah, the theme is draining at times, but also the scavenging can get a bit samey imo if played in super long sessions. Anyways, it is what it is :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Yeah I think the best thing to do is to see how I feel at the end of TLOU.

I know some people said I should have a bit of a break between each Dark souls but playing them one by one with no gaps was a full on brilliant experience and I something that I will never get again with that kind of series. It really was such a unique position to be in and one I was thinking perhaps TLOU1/2 would grant also.

Regardless, if how I feel emotionally at the end of TLOU is too much I will pause. If I feel there is more in the tank and I have a strong enough desire to keep going I will. I think it will all come down to how it all plays out.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Excited for the DeS stream!

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I don't think I'd have an issue with the emotional impact of the two Last of Us games back to back, but I do agree that the gameplay could start to get a bit stale. The second game is long and while I actually really like the core loop, there isn't a huge amount of variety. What it does, it does really well, though.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I'm not gonna say no to free updated VF5. I do kinda wish it didn't come out right before Guilty Gear because I think there is probably a bit of playerbase overlap there and I was really excited for GG based on how good the netcode was in the beta

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Looks like demons souls is 69€ instead of 79€ in the sale and now I'm regretting the digital edition

yeah they're taking their time with proper sales

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
PSA for Germany: You can snag Yakuza 7 Day Ichi Steelbook Edition for 33€ at Mediamarkt right now (PS4 and PS5 Versions available). Plus shipping if you don't choose pickup.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

veni veni veni posted:

the sound design is in a league of it's own

The sound design and music are amazing. For me the 4th bosses sound design and music is loving god tier.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I did buy a shiny new PS5 but I also bought Nocturne, the PS2 game from 20 years ago. It's still cool and has a great atmosphere but I forgot how much the series has changed since then

veni veni veni posted:

I really am into Returnal but I'm also just... absolutely not good at it

I'm really good at action games with melee combat, and really terrible at shooters especially with controllers. I beat Hades really early on and then did up to 20 heat runs for every weapon and some 32 heat runs, I really liked Dead Cells and Rogue Legacy before it. Played a lot of Enter the Gungeon although was never as good at it as the other games. I'm very much a roguelike person but in Returnal I literally lose runs to falling in a pit and feel like a complete idiot

Should I be firing from the hip and kinda relying on autoaim a lot? Because I do and if that's bad oops

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

you can absolutely do that, i never precision aimed that much

and once you unlock the melee attack you'll be surprised how many enemies you can run up to and melee to death before they have a chance to do much
just enable the always sprint option, it's transformative

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I did buy a shiny new PS5 but I also bought Nocturne, the PS2 game from 20 years ago. It's still cool and has a great atmosphere but I forgot how much the series has changed since then
I really am into Returnal but I'm also just... absolutely not good at it

I'm really good at action games with melee combat, and really terrible at shooters especially with controllers. I beat Hades really early on and then did up to 20 heat runs for every weapon and some 32 heat runs, I really liked Dead Cells and Rogue Legacy before it. Played a lot of Enter the Gungeon although was never as good at it as the other games. I'm very much a roguelike person but in Returnal I literally lose runs to falling in a pit and feel like a complete idiot

Should I be firing from the hip and kinda relying on autoaim a lot? Because I do and if that's bad oops

Ads slows you down and barely impacts aim so only do it to reveal weak points.

Turn auto aim to high and dont fight it, ie lay off the stick when it settles on a target.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

You can definitely get through the entire game just hip-firing, precise sim isn't required. There are also a couple seeing for the aim assist (low/medium/high) which might be the closest thing the game has to difficulty settings. No shame in going with high if it helps you out.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I want to play returnal, but until they (hopefully) add some kind of save system or gamemode that lets you save, I won't be buying. I just don't have time for 1-2 hour gaming sessions a lot of the time :(.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The days of play sale is quite weak but I grabbed few games anyway. Demon Souls, Returnal, The Order.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Ulio posted:

The days of play sale is quite weak but I grabbed few games anyway. Demon Souls, Returnal, The Order.

I played The Order when I first got a PS4 and I remember absolutely nothing except people complaining about the letterboxing. Let us know if you enjoy it and if it’s worth a second look.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I beat Returnal by basically just grinding like hell and eventually getting a really good build with tons of sustain early on and just completing all 3 zones in one single run

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Every time there's a sale I hope to see Lost Legacy discounted and it never is. Lame.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PantsBandit posted:

Every time there's a sale I hope to see Lost Legacy discounted and it never is. Lame.

Its really good.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Lost Legacy is great if you like ND stuff. I paid full pop when it came out and didn’t regret it.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

PantsBandit posted:

It's $10 at Best Buy and Walmart right now, if you can use a disc.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/uncharted-the-lost-legacy-playstation-hits-standard-edition-playstation-4/5851500.p?skuId=5851500

https://www.walmart.com/ip/UNCHARTED-The-Lost-Legacy-PlayStation-Hits-Sony-PlayStation-4-711719534303/414518044

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

a primate posted:

I played The Order when I first got a PS4 and I remember absolutely nothing except people complaining about the letterboxing. Let us know if you enjoy it and if it’s worth a second look.

Sure.

a primate posted:

Lost Legacy is great if you like ND stuff. I paid full pop when it came out and didn’t regret it.

I totally forgot this, I need to get it, Nadine was my favorite character in U4, I was hoping you play as her. That scene in U4 where she beats the poo poo out of the Drake bros is so awesome.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The sale doesn't seem to actually be live for US yet. Looking at the price history for Lost Legacy it looks like it's due for a discount so maybe it will be after all.

oh sweet

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

Set up an email alert on psprices, maybe?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PantsBandit posted:

The sale doesn't seem to actually be live for US yet. Looking at the price history for Lost Legacy it looks like it's due for a discount so maybe it will be after all.

It is live

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/518b9425-a874-447f-b286-002ceca36cbf/&emcid=or-pl-409018

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

a primate posted:

I played it for the first time a month or two ago and thought it was pretty great. Still looks absolutely stunning. Just go in knowing that it's incredibly linear, "boss" fights are copy/pasted into a couple different areas, and that you only get to use the fun guns for a small handful of encounters. As long as you set your expectations accordingly I feel that it's definitely worth a playthrough. I came out of the experience pretty bummed that there won't be a sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Timotheous Venture posted:

I played it for the first time a month or two ago and thought it was pretty great. Still looks absolutely stunning. Just go in knowing that it's incredibly linear, "boss" fights are copy/pasted into a couple different areas, and that you only get to use the fun guns for a small handful of encounters. As long as you set your expectations accordingly I feel that it's definitely worth a playthrough. I came out of the experience pretty bummed that there won't be a sequel.

I remember it being quick so I’ll see if I bought it digitally and redownload it.

Next games I want to play are:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Human Revolution (replays)
RDR 2
Days Gone
Sekiro