Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

I'm always excited for more Lupin. It's a simple formula but it has an incredible amount of variations to it.

Yea same. While I'm personally not that that into the choice of director, if nothing else it's very difficult to make unwatchable Lupin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Srice posted:

Yea same. While I'm personally not that that into the choice of director, if nothing else it's very difficult to make unwatchable Lupin.

It's not impossible though; Check out the live-action film! :yikes:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ah the director of komodo no jikan, a bold new direction for lupin

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's not impossible though; Check out the live-action film! :yikes:

Yea I have and it's boring as hell because it tries too hard to be cool and it's not, plus the editing in the action scenes is dire!

At least the 70s live action Lupin movie is a pretty good time.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Megalo Box weirdly actually set in Japan.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Bold move from Mars Red to do antivaxx storyline right now.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Don't recognise the director at all but will watch :toot:

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I know they’ve always been drawn this way but something about Lupin’s hands has always been gross looking to me. It’s almost like he’s got little fibers growing out of his knuckles.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

As a hairy knuckle guy I'm glad of the representation

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, no one ever fell in love with lupin because of his looks. dude has always looked like a monkey.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

galagazombie posted:

I know they’ve always been drawn this way but something about Lupin’s hands has always been gross looking to me. It’s almost like he’s got little fibers growing out of his knuckles.

Someone has to compensate for all of the anime men out there that are completely lacking in body hair.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

As a hairy knuckle guy I'm glad of the representation

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Srice posted:

Someone has to compensate for all of the anime men out there that are completely lacking in body hair.
Or, like in the Disgaea games, that claim to be hairy, but are disappointingly not shown to be all that hairy. Which is bullshit. :mad:

roobots
Dec 4, 2006

You can only think of Halloween until you die.

Srice posted:

As a swarthy (Cuban/Italian) anime liker, please more hairy people so I have more comfortable cosplay options that aren't just giant bara men.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Nah, there are no stakes, so no dramatic tension despite the show acting like it exists. its also dumb that the protagonist's traumatic past is that they pissed themselves during a track meet. Well, I'll admit its slightly better than expected, but its still bad.

Lol

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Wark Say posted:

Or, like in the Disgaea games, that claim to be hairy, but are disappointingly not shown to be all that hairy. Which is bullshit. :mad:

Well that was a weird trip back to a confusing memory. I was probably like 14 when I last played a Disgaea game but they all used hairy as an insult to each other even though every character was visually ten years old and I just assumed it was some weird mistranslation

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, no one ever fell in love with lupin because of his looks. dude has always looked like a monkey.

I mean, given the sheer numbers we're looking at, odds say at least some of the women he seduced were into that kind of thing.

Not like it's his real face, anyway.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Between this poster and the rumors of Part 6 being in London, I wonder if Lupin is going to be in some Dr. Jekyll trouble

...granted, in the actual book Jekyll's real problem is that he's repressed and gets his jollies from letting Hyde out, so I'm not sure that aspect of it would be applicable at all with Lupin... but maybe he'll shoot Zenigata or something?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Lupin's gonna become the freakin' Joker.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

reject modernity and serialized storytelling

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Srice posted:

Lupin's gonna become the freakin' Joker.

If anybody could pull it off it's Lupin the III.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

If anybody could pull it off it's Lupin the III.

Hell, he already thinks it's funny when he commits crimes so he's most of the way there!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it is funny when he commits crimes.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lupin: hey pops, d'ya ever wonder how i got these bars? *holds up gold bars*
zenigata: dammit dammit crap crap crap crap

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

OnimaruXLR posted:

Between this poster and the rumors of Part 6 being in London, I wonder if Lupin is going to be in some Dr. Jekyll trouble

...granted, in the actual book Jekyll's real problem is that he's repressed and gets his jollies from letting Hyde out, so I'm not sure that aspect of it would be applicable at all with Lupin... but maybe he'll shoot Zenigata or something?

Alternately, Lupin will be Mr. Hyde and the problem will be that he has a Dr. Jekyll alternate persona who's repressed and no fun and nobody likes. And then Zenigata will begrudgingly team up with the rest of the Lupin gang to arrest the mad scientist who did it to him and get the old Lupin back.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

In this week's the Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent they finally remember why they summoned the Saint in the first place, because the forests are overrun with monsters. Some decent action scenes with the head wizard guy and love interest Captain as well as a demonstration of why they need a Saint in the first place. All in all a good episode but Sei should just smooch the Captain already.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sei kinda drags that show down, like even Aira or whatever her name is feels like more of a character now and has only had that one episode showing her pov.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Lol, in Super Cub they blasted up the saturation like 200% as soon as they drank that coffee.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

Lol, in Super Cub they blasted up the saturation like 200% as soon as they drank that coffee.

Super Cub has had a few touches like this and it's part of what makes it fun. Like the single piano note playing and saturation increasing the first time she sat on the cub.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/1397607548430163968?s=19

e: i think i expected to have to buy or rent a digital copy. I'm pleased to see that it's just up to watch. Looking forward to getting home and checking it out

a kitten fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 26, 2021

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Super Cub's Mish Mash cafe was great and I loved the BC license plate on the wall. Plus also Koguma convincing Reiko of the glory of handle bar warmers.

Such a great show and easily my favorite of the season

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Nitrousoxide posted:

Hey, it's how I feel after my morning cup.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Super Cub's Mish Mash cafe was great and I loved the BC license plate on the wall. Plus also Koguma convincing Reiko of the glory of handle bar warmers.

Def a fan of smug Reiko

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

a kitten posted:

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/1397607548430163968?s=19

e: i think i expected to have to buy or rent a digital copy. I'm pleased to see that it's just up to watch. Looking forward to getting home and checking it out

Finally.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Nah, there are no stakes, so no dramatic tension despite the show acting like it exists. its also dumb that the protagonist's traumatic past is that they pissed themselves during a track meet. Well, I'll admit its slightly better than expected, but its still bad.

There are stakes. If he dies his console gets bricked. Also he will feel a fair amount of pain. Now he could quit at any time, but he seems to have entered the morbid fascination phase.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

MonsterEnvy posted:

There are stakes. If he dies his console gets bricked. Also he will feel a fair amount of pain. Now he could quit at any time, but he seems to have entered the morbid fascination phase.

Which is basically why I keep playing MMOs.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It's really good. My top three this season probably consists of (in no particular order) Super Cub, Odd Taxi, and Godzilla SP.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My season top 3 are probably Dynazenon, Fruits Basket s3 and Megalobox s2.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

86, Dynazenon, and Singular Point for me, I think. But I've left enough shows for a later season that it's not a lock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

dynazenon, odd taxi, and godzilla here but there's another half dozen that could have been the highlight of a less stacked season