Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Orv posted:

That plus M&KB enabling, just a little bit over controller for the standard player, the ability to run, jump, toss nades while you're doing it, turn before you even land, take a shot, slide, move, etc etc etc, it just ends up faster on PC.
Jumping definitely, since if you want to jump and turn at the same time you need to either change the standard controls to bumper jumper or adopt some kind of monster hunter claw positioning with your hand. On the standard control system you need to take your thumb off the right stick to tap jump, so it's a lot harder to turn mid-air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Jumping definitely, since if you want to jump and turn at the same time you need to either change the standard controls to bumper jumper or adopt some kind of monster hunter claw positioning with your hand. On the standard control system you need to take your thumb off the right stick to tap jump, so it's a lot harder to turn mid-air.

Titanfall 2 made me a Bumper Jumper adherent on controllers. Just cannot fathom not being able to turn and aim and shoot while jumping anymore.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Actually it's framerate

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:allears:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Psycho Landlord posted:

Actually it's framerate

God bless video games.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Drifter remains the best of the tower NPCs by a mile.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
can you plug in a M+KB into a PS5 and play on console? I like using controllers for ease but if that doesn't get fixed or console movement doesn't get a buff i'd consider it

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

SkyeAuroline posted:

Drifter remains the best of the tower NPCs by a mile.

poo poo, more than that.

gently caress, drifter is the best and my dad for real

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Is PC Sprint Speed literally faster? Like can you go from Point A to Point B in fewer seconds? I just figured it was the wider FoV illusion at work

Console gets completely owned by how low the max sensitivity is, and of course needing to run Traction at all times

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Is PC Sprint Speed literally faster? Like can you go from Point A to Point B in fewer seconds? I just figured it was the wider FoV illusion at work

Console gets completely owned by how low the max sensitivity is, and of course needing to run Traction at all times

Who wanted Scavenger, Absolution, or Better Already/Rejuvenation anyway when we could have basic accessibility settings instead? Me, it's one of the reasons I won't go to a controller even though it would cause less nerve pain over the course of a session

PathAsc posted:

poo poo, more than that.

gently caress, drifter is the best and my dad for real

I don't know if I could grow up with Drifter's cooking. I'm not sure I'd even survive.

--
e:
Speaking of legs and all that, thoughts on Titan hotpants and best maximizing them if you don't have an Igneous Hammer lying around? Most primary solar stuff isn't exactly best in slot from what I've tried, exotics fill that gap a bit but not totally or block out would-be good combos, and specials don't have the ammo economy for the (non-Crucible) modes where the damage bonus is most helpful, since the bonus triggers irregularly. Had some luck with a seraph shotgun in Gambit, and of course Xeno always does its thing. Abilities and bottom super do great too, and easiest way to get 3x stacks, but there's downtime to account for there. Just thinking on what approach works best here to keep Firewalker running and benefit from those damage stacks. Crucible feels like it'd be igneous or nothing, so not really bothering till I have one.

SkyeAuroline fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 26, 2021

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

I got killed so many times by the stupid launchers in the Expunge mission. Oh whats that you didn't land in the exact spot we thought you should? Well then either die outright or lose all your health so you can get killed by the sniper around the corner. Hell the worst death came when I just tried to walk up to it to get launched and it just murdered me for no reason. That was the first launcher and when I knew I was in for one.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

rocket_Magnet posted:

Seems to be a coin toss whether you get the tangled shore override with been or scorn. In my experience yesterday I got scorn 4/5 times.

I'm 6/6 for Vex, which is not helping me complete that weekly challenge, I tell you what.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That reminds me did they make physics/gravity more lethal? Haven't played much in the last few seasons and it felt like I was eating poo poo on way shorter/safer/slower drops than I had been for years. Or at least banging my head off poo poo I don't remember being a problem, like some stuff in the psion strike on Nessus.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Orv posted:

That reminds me did they make physics/gravity more lethal? Haven't played much in the last few seasons and it felt like I was eating poo poo on way shorter/safer/slower drops than I had been for years. Or at least banging my head off poo poo I don't remember being a problem, like some stuff in the psion strike on Nessus.

Some areas have harder ground, I swear. There's a strike in Nessus where a short drop just annihilates you every time.

Orv
May 4, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Some areas have harder ground, I swear. There's a strike in Nessus where a short drop just annihilates you every time.

I'd buy it, honestly. Just was falling down a hole and gently clipped the side, not even landed and pop.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Orv posted:

I'd buy it, honestly. Just was falling down a hole and gently clipped the side, not even landed and pop.

Hilarious environment deaths are a feature, not a bug, in Bungie games.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh I know. I really regret losing my old imgur account, I had a beautiful gif in there of a dude getting yeeted so hard by a phalanx that his game crashed.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Roman posted:

Got my crossplay emblem, disappointed that you can't tell what platforms people are playing on by an icon or something

This right here. It would have been nice to see who I was matched up with. I could only take guesses if the name was really long it had to be a PC player. Other then that, I think it went fine and I didn’t have an issue.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Orv posted:

https://i.imgur.com/TJ93W8Q.mp4

Absolutely nothing wrong with fall damage on Nessus.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Bideo James posted:

Stasis is incredible and if you aren't using it in PVP and saying it's not fun then what's the deal, how else is Darkness going to be cool

Yess. It fits the whole in-game narrative of Guardians using darkness in the crucible freaking everyone out. And the darkness being an ontological entity concerned with becoming the meta final shape. Why else do yall think they havent nerfed stasis.

Orv
May 4, 2011

PERMACAV 50 posted:

https://i.imgur.com/TJ93W8Q.mp4

Absolutely nothing wrong with fall damage on Nessus.

Look at least it didn't launch you into the wall. :colbert:

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Fond memories of playing Gambit on the Titan map, running on the conveyor to the next wave at the rig, and somehow building up enough speed that when I clipped a platform with my toe I instantly died

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Orv posted:

Look at least it didn't launch you into the wall. :colbert:

https://i.imgur.com/iPPVYIz.mp4

:colbert:

(Yes, I feathered my jump. I was dead at the beginning because the same thing from the first video had just happened as a result of not feathering my jump.)

Orv
May 4, 2011

PERMACAV 50 posted:

https://i.imgur.com/iPPVYIz.mp4

:colbert:

(Yes, I feathered my jump. I was dead at the beginning because the same thing from the first video had just happened as a result of not feathering my jump.)

:rip:

You can save yourself from the first type of death though, just feather way later. :yayclod:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I never had to do that before Beyond Light!!

Orv
May 4, 2011

PERMACAV 50 posted:

I never had to do that before Beyond Light!!

I'm pretty sure the very first or second run of Inverted Spire I ever did, way back in the Destiny 2 PC beta, I died by being thrown into the wall. It'll throw you into the wall, make you land way too hard or on very rare occasions launch you into the corridor and splatter you against the back wall. poo poo's always been hosed, it's great.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Back when Glass was a negative strike modifier, that jump jet would always kill you

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Astrochicken posted:

Yess. It fits the whole in-game narrative of Guardians using darkness in the crucible freaking everyone out. And the darkness being an ontological entity concerned with becoming the meta final shape. Why else do yall think they havent nerfed stasis.

Because people paid for Stasis and it's fun and good and makes the game so much more than it was with how stagnant the meta was before.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I took the burning steps into mayhem and hated them but they're MUCH better in just regular ol pvp. They're a total shutdown for melees and grenades, but you still get completely owned by stasis supers, as is appropriate

They're a riot with Tarrabah. Do try!

Bideo James posted:

Because people paid for Stasis and it's fun and good and makes the game so much more than it was with how stagnant the meta was before.

This is subjective but I feel like there is a more stagnant meta than before (you only see subclasses instead of 27) and there's almost no variety between Behemoth A and Behemoth B. That said, I think one more season of good aspect & fragments will have Stasis being "customizable" enough that it feels varied and interesting.

Orv
May 4, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Back when Glass was a negative strike modifier, that jump jet would always kill you

Why would you remind me of this evil

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
To be fair that number is inflated by every Light Titan subclass being doo doo water in PvP and Behemoth propping up the whole class by itself.

But the limiter Stasis puts on aggression allows a lot more builds to see play like all the GLs, pulse rifles, fusion rifles and SMGs I see now as opposed to endless parade of Spare Benders.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Thank goodness the era of Sparebenders is over

Long live the glorious new era of ... Steadywinters

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Please, it's DMT Verdict now

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This is subjective but I feel like there is a more stagnant meta than before (you only see subclasses instead of 27) and there's almost no variety between Behemoth A and Behemoth B. That said, I think one more season of good aspect & fragments will have Stasis being "customizable" enough that it feels varied and interesting.

My Behemoth can one shot a team of 3 guardians alone with a single melee.

Other Behemoth's throw their lil icicle and hope it freezes someone.

Some Behemoths just fly through the sky and hope their melee lands without the better fragment.

I slide through eternal crystals like candy glass and shred the guardians on the other side.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bideo James posted:

My Behemoth can one shot a team of 3 guardians alone with a single melee.

Other Behemoth's throw their lil icicle and hope it freezes someone.

Some Behemoths just fly through the sky and hope their melee lands without the better fragment.

I slide through eternal crystals like candy glass and shred the guardians on the other side.

Yeah to clarify I mean they are moving in the right direction. The first two seasons, there was no question about which 2 aspects and 3 fragments to run, and now there's a little bit of wiggle room. One more set of good aspects and fragments and I think there will be a healthy variety. (just in time for 2022's new darkness class to totally eclipse stasis and start the cycle over again)

Your post is accurate in that there is a Best Loadout by far with some alternatives that can't really compete but are fun. I look forward to having multiple viable options!

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Eej posted:

To be fair that number is inflated by every Light Titan subclass being doo doo water in PvP and Behemoth propping up the whole class by itself.

A large part of Stasis imbalance is that the devs insisted they tweak light classes for years trying to make some kind of a game. Now that they introduced Stasis, and probably well soon another new subclass. Things like the Nova Warp Warlock nerfs/tweaks. Titans being complained about being OP because of multiple exotics straight up being better for them over others. Hunters Spectral Blade overpowerment for over a year after a launch, while all the other classes constantly got tweaked.

A lot of this imbalance was due to incompetence before the release of Beyond Light and the internal shakeup they had. Stasis being "too powerful" is the same complaint as all the other Light classes that were insanely powerful for a long time.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah to clarify I mean they are moving in the right direction. The first two seasons, there was no question about which 2 aspects and 3 fragments to run, and now there's a little bit of wiggle room. One more set of good aspects and fragments and I think there will be a healthy variety. (just in time for 2022's new darkness class to totally eclipse stasis and start the cycle over again)

if they can actually shift the light classes over to this system and give a lot more flexibility, it might make the already existing plethora of exotics useful.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Can't wait for Poison spec next year to destroy both Recovery as a stat and camping around corners

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Eej posted:

Can't wait for Poison spec next year to destroy both Recovery as a stat and camping around corners

This would be Good and finally they can release the dang Thorn catalyst!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Eej posted:

camping around corners

stasis fixed this