Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
video's game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

vidya james

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Tuberculosisculosis

plethora

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

schedule

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

thanks. that means a lot

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lol

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1397640685545787394

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Starfield just gonna be a F2p battle royale with all the Microsoft owned properties a la smash bros. Dragonborn v Master Chief v Viva Pinata. There will be a Microsoft Excel themed level with interactive Clippy as DLC.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i wonder if the fo76 experiment ended up working out for them cause if they're makin money on all that iap they're never going back to real games again

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
*felix biederman voice* this will happen to everything you love

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
anyone got a good rec for a game i can play while listening to podcasts?

im way behind on a lot of poo poo i like because i don't have a commute anymore, but all of the games I play require a lot of reading so I can't keep up with the 'cast while i'm playing

previous games I've played that worked were Albion and Genshin Impact but I've put them both down permanently because i got annoyed with them after doing all the fun stuff

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Corla Plankun posted:

im way behind on a lot of poo poo i like because i don't have a commute anymore, but all of the games I play require a lot of reading so I can't keep up with the 'cast while i'm playing

previous games I've played that worked were Albion and Genshin Impact but I've put them both down permanently because i got annoyed with them after doing all the fun stuff
peggle

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

I think every big studio past a certain level of maturity just wants to make their hit game-as-a-service. No crunch? Steady paycheck? Just need some artists to keep making GBS threads out skins? I'd be sold.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Corla Plankun posted:

world of warcraft

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Corla Plankun posted:

Civ, Cities Skylines, any chill sim game really.
Or FTL/Isaac/any roguelite from the past decade.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Endless Mike posted:

world of warcraft

Burning crusade classic comes out on the 1st so you can save your podcasts for that glorious day.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Corla Plankun posted:

rimworld

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I listen to podcasts while playing any game really. If you're looking for sandbox type games stuff like stardew valley, death stranding, animal crossing, minecraft, etc are pretty good.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

shoeberto posted:

I think every big studio past a certain level of maturity just wants to make their hit game-as-a-service. No crunch? Steady paycheck? Just need some artists to keep making GBS threads out skins? I'd be sold.

none of that is actually true though and you'd think there would be enough examples by now

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

if you want to duplicate the commute feel go play snow runner or euro truck sim

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
if you want to duplicate the feel of commuting IN SPACE play elite

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Corla Plankun posted:

lawnmower simulator got posted earlier.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

The Fool posted:

if you want to duplicate the commute feel go play snow runner or euro truck sim

snowrunner is a great relaxing game

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

psiox posted:

I was going to recommend snowrunner but had to make the lawnmower joke. I've gotten an amazing amount of value for my money out of that game.

satisfactory would probably work pretty well too.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Goodness look at the time. It's time to replay Alien Isolation for the fifth time.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

is it that good or are you just insane

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Little of column A, little of column B

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

if you aren’t playing it in VR you aren’t really playing it

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yeah, I can believe that.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

thanks. that means a lot

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PIZZA.BAT posted:

thanks. that means a lot

lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

PIZZA.BAT posted:

thanks. that means a lot

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'm not really playing it because it's scary!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

thinking about hooking up the ol ps2 and playing through dark cloud 2 again

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cat Face Joe posted:

thinking about hooking up the ol ps2 and playing through dark cloud 2 again

That game owned, although I do remember the worst part of it being the insanely complicated weapon trees.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

AnimeIsTrash posted:

That game owned, although I do remember the worst part of it being the insanely complicated weapon trees.

yeah, this is actually why i want to. i managed to scrape my way to the last boss and was doing a single point of damage with each hit so defeating him was impossible

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yecch just let me find a cool generic sword that i can put fancy gems and poo poo into it to make it do more damage

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Corla Plankun posted:

monster hunter rise

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

satisfactory, rimworld, hardspace shipbreaker

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

psiox posted:

i just bought it since it came out on steam and ive been having a blast with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

there’s a game coming out next week called slipways that would probably be pretty much a perfect podcast buddy