Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/edgarwright/status/1397238328072851459?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Isn't Soho more of an Argento/Roeg kind of homage? Didn't feel super Lynch-y to me. I know Edgar Wright loves giallo and has said Don't Look Now is an inspiration for this.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Knowing nothing about the movie the time warp was really cool and then the Quantum Leap stuff drew me further in.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

teagone posted:

Man, that was a good rear end trailer. Mulholland Dr. vibes like crazy.

I felt more like if The Shining was using the set and graphics package of Bad Times at the El Royale

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Matt Smith looks creepy as gently caress and everyone looks insanely good in the trailer too

e: it's good that Wright got a female co-writer for this, as much as I love him his movies tend to be sausage fests with underwritten or absent female characters.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is this basically Black Swan 2 or what

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPistcpGB8o

Yuck.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Chris Pratt sucks.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yes.

The film's setup feels so grossly conservative: "I've gotta go fight a WAR so my wife can stay at HOME and raise our child with TRADITIONAL VALUES."

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's also the premise of the 1980s Ring Raiders cartoon.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
we are not allowed to compare last night in soho to mullohand drive or black swan until we know exactly how gay it is, but i am betting there is an 65% that matt smith is the ghost of comphet— the cousin of the ghost of christmas past, not many people know that

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So they have the power to travel back in time, are locked in a hopeless battle against aliens, and they use their time travel ability to...draft more soldiers from the past to toss into the meat grinder? Potentially removing them from the timeline where they may have done something in the war's present?

Am I missing something? Because this sounds like a really dumb premise for a movie.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

I dig a good time travel war story but that looks like butt and I'm not watching anything with Pratt in it.

Fingers crossed that the Edge of Tomorrow sequel lives up the first one.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Mat Cauthon posted:

Fingers crossed that the Edge of Tomorrow sequel lives up the first one.

Bad news, friend :smith:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m fine with no sequel. It’s a great story as is.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

I'm fine with no sequel, but that comment is literally indicative of nothing (and I've seen it everywhere on social media). It's literally just Emily Blunt saying "I dunno... hard to schedule everyone together and who knows what's going since COVID is around?"

The "too expensive to make" was just an off the cuff remark. As soon as production gets back to normal I think it's absolutely going to be on the table.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Chris Pratt keeps trying to do the straightforward action hero thing and nobody is buying it

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Colonel Whitey posted:

Chris Pratt keeps trying to do the straightforward action hero thing and nobody is buying it

Near as I can tell quite literally everyone on the planet but Chris Pratt is mad he stopped being fat and funny and it’s pretty disappointing

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Thaddius the Large posted:

Near as I can tell quite literally everyone on the planet but Chris Pratt is mad he stopped being fat and funny and it’s pretty disappointing

Well yeah, he's not really good at anything else

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

It's kind of hilarious/sad how you can see this checking most of the generic boxes in Bezos' vision of a good TV show/movie:
https://twitter.com/pkafka/status/1392105849468985347?s=20

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

I'm sure if Cruise wants to continue to work out his mortality issues on screen in the most on the nose way possible that they'll scare up the money but if it doesn't happen c'est la vie. The first one is good enough on it's own.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
ESCAPE ROOM: TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlfUbZJVInA

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Hang on, there was a first one?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
not going to lie, this looks like the greatest movie ever made

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is this the same crew that did Now You See Me

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Yes! Lol at the "tournament of champions" line.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Snooze Cruise posted:

not going to lie, this looks like the greatest movie ever made

I had no idea what to expect... but those look like really high production values and I did not expect that. It looks like pure escalating insanity which could be fun.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is that why JK Simmons got so swole? Like, I thought he was gonna be all buff in Justice League but I guess he just wanted to be swole for the gently caress of it?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Are we sure Johnny Depp isn't in this

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Vintersorg posted:

Is that why JK Simmons got so swole? Like, I thought he was gonna be all buff in Justice League but I guess he just wanted to be swole for the gently caress of it?

I'd read he just likes being ripped and when the pictures of him doing bicep curls first made the rounds people invented the idea that he was doing it for a role.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

My wife loving loves the SAW movies, and I'm talking every single one so I think she will like this too.

Edit:

Another entry in the John Wick but it's X category

General Probe fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 26, 2021

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

how did they shrink and de-age jason segel?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

I'd read he just likes being ripped and when the pictures of him doing bicep curls first made the rounds people invented the idea that he was doing it for a role.

Yeah it was something about how he's getting older and decided that he needed to start taking better care of himself so he started working out more.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

not trolled not crying posted:

It's kind of hilarious/sad how you can see this checking most of the generic boxes in Bezos' vision of a good TV show/movie:
https://twitter.com/pkafka/status/1392105849468985347?s=20

lmfao at bezos thinking worldbuilding means having multiple sets

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I have to assume there's some kind of twist to the whole time machine thing because why the gently caress would you send people forward in time instead of just getting the entire world on war footing and then spend the next 30 years preparing?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

thrawn527 posted:

So they have the power to travel back in time, are locked in a hopeless battle against aliens, and they use their time travel ability to...draft more soldiers from the past to toss into the meat grinder? Potentially removing them from the timeline where they may have done something in the war's present?

Am I missing something? Because this sounds like a really dumb premise for a movie.

As said above, there must be some twist, but I posit that they dont care about drafting past soldiers ruining the timeline because they are already in a timeline where humanity gets wiped out.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm 100% positive that the entire movie was built around the premise of his daughter growing up and them meeting as adults so this time she can save him.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Up until the actual alien reveal I was expecting some bullshit 5th wave thing where the unseen enemy are just people being oppressed by the time travelers

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

YOOOOO.

The first Escape Room was shockingly good (even though it ended with the biggest sequel bait ending possible) and this looks absolutely wild. I am 100% down for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
i hope this is good but that a24 sold it off to hulu doesn't fill me with optimism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WtWjH8GGqE