Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

McCloud posted:

It's lying dead on the ground, with no legs.

much like zack snyder's career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 minutes!
I can't believe Zach snyder had a zombie Jesus rape a baby

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Gives a new meaning to the second coming i suppose

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

McCloud posted:

rape jokes? in cspam? wow

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation

McCloud posted:

Wow! Go back to CD. There are 3 or 4 of you who search all of SA to just post about Zach Snyder. Just deranged poo poo.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

Wow! Go back to CD. There are 3 or 4 of you who search all of SA to just post about Zach Snyder. Just deranged poo poo.

sick boyz

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation

Judakel posted:

sick boyz

It is! There are couple of other threads I follow and if Snyder is mentioned in anyway they Kramer in to squeal about him.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

It is! There are couple of other threads I follow and if Snyder is mentioned in anyway they Kramer in to squeal about him.

they make me sick

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

i wouldn't like snyder half so much if he didn't drive weirdo morons into fits of snyder derangement syndrome

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

I think you got a persecution complex, you should get that lookes at

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

McCloud posted:

I think you got a persecution complex, you should get that lookes at

mf said lookes

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

McCloud posted:

:chloe:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Wheeee posted:

i wouldn't like snyder half so much if he didn't drive weirdo morons into fits of snyder derangement syndrome

sitting through lovely movies to own the goons

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Maybe he should learn to use a camera, thing was blurry as hell. Come the gently caress on I want to look around and not see a blurry mess on everything except for the poo poo cgi

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
It's me, I am Zack Snyder

Fried Watermelon posted:

Maybe he should learn to use a camera, thing was blurry as hell. Come the gently caress on I want to look around and not see a blurry mess on everything except for the poo poo cgi
First reply explains the blur:

https://www.avclub.com/why-zack-snyders-gimmicky-camera-setup-may-be-causing-1846970095

"Using an f0.95 50mm lens on a RED Monstro for an action film isn’t genius; it’s foolhardy. There’s a reason why BL’s f0.7 shots are staid, stuffy aristocrats parked around a card table. And, unlike Zack, Stanley didn’t use the ultra-fast lenses for everything.

I don’t doubt that Snyder knows terms like “depth of field” and “bokeh” and “aperture”. I’m sure he’s googled the definition whilst snapping one off on the dunny. I bet his focus puller has a voodoo doll of him.

I do doubt he understands them - how to use them, how not to use them. Let alone adapting a 1950s rangefinder lens to a modern digital cine camera."

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

babypolis posted:

i mean the plot element of zombies impregnating ladies is still there in the loving movie. it also explains why the women are kidnapped and then mysteriously not eaten. so it cannot be that far off from the original idea, all debates about zombie free will aside

no it isn’t. the coyote says they do the kidnapping + daily turning with men too. we see the ritual happen with Theo Rossi’s character. obviously each turning is a big deal and they make a production of it - at no point do they imply human women are being hosed by zombies

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i honestly dont even understand why theres any discourse around zak snyder of all people. it feels like if everyone suddenly had strong opinions about renny harlin.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

i honestly dont even understand why theres any discourse around zak snyder of all people. it feels like if everyone suddenly had strong opinions about renny harlin.

Brand wars.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation

It is culture war bullshit.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

hes clearly trying to say something in his movies but hes also just bad at filmmaking so you can argue about it endlessly. its the exact same discussiona s the star wars prequels and ppl on SA used to do it about marvel movies too until they decided that they weren't marxist enough or whatever the gently caress

Farm Frenzy has issued a correction as of 02:23 on May 27, 2021

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
the zombies have always represented American capitalists and their newest iteration is predatory baby boomers who must be put down by their children before they are fully lost to the American Dream.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Renny Harlin did make a pro-Georgian war film
https://twitter.com/EliLake/status/103459040193024001?s=20

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Farm Frenzy posted:

hes clearly trying to say something in his movies but hes also just bad at filmmaking so you can argue about it endlessly. its the exact same discussiona s the star wars prequels and ppl on SA used to do it about marvel movies too until they decided that they weren't marxist enough or whatever the gently caress

yeah pretty much

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

you can poo poo endlessly on just about everything in this subforum except zack snyder for some reason

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The United States posted:

It's me, I am Zack Snyder
First reply explains the blur:

https://www.avclub.com/why-zack-snyders-gimmicky-camera-setup-may-be-causing-1846970095

"Using an f0.95 50mm lens on a RED Monstro for an action film isn’t genius; it’s foolhardy. There’s a reason why BL’s f0.7 shots are staid, stuffy aristocrats parked around a card table. And, unlike Zack, Stanley didn’t use the ultra-fast lenses for everything.

I don’t doubt that Snyder knows terms like “depth of field” and “bokeh” and “aperture”. I’m sure he’s googled the definition whilst snapping one off on the dunny. I bet his focus puller has a voodoo doll of him.

I do doubt he understands them - how to use them, how not to use them. Let alone adapting a 1950s rangefinder lens to a modern digital cine camera."

it’s not just him. There’s an absolute obsession and fetishisation of Prime lenses at the moment in film and television, mainly by people who don’t use cameras and have no real idea what they are and when they’re appropriate.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Deep Blue Sea loving rules, Cliffhanger kinda rules, Long Kiss Goodnight rules. Renny Harlin is Good

babypolis posted:

you can poo poo endlessly on just about everything in this subforum except zack snyder for some reason

you can poo poo on him all you want who’s stopping you

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/BoundingComics/status/1397595086607769601

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wow, pronouns! I feel so seen.....and hated, because this is a direct attack on my personal beliefs!!!!

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

indigi posted:

Deep Blue Sea loving rules, Cliffhanger kinda rules, Long Kiss Goodnight rules. Renny Harlin is Good

It's me, I'm holding him back with my psychic abilities while I'm holding my fingers to my temple all Xavier like

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

indigi posted:

they will never stop me but i lvoe seeing four or five morons with badly compressed superman gif avatars who never post in any other part of cspam show up in this thread every day

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
r/relationships: my bf [29Z] keeps trying to turn me [19F] into a zombie, is this a red flag?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Farm Frenzy posted:

they will never stop me but i lvoe seeing four or five morons with badly compressed superman gif avatars who never post in any other part of cspam show up in this thread every day

yah that’s corny

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/1397734555260538882

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

babypolis posted:

it's like how on Twitter if you poo poo on Joe Biden people assume you're a trumper. likewise, folks see you bashing a DC product and presume you're going to bat for MCU.

sometimes, though, everything is garbage.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
its amazing fascists have become so brain broken they take issue with a part of speech now

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Lol Desire was always a They and Johanna Constantine appears in two stories.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Snyderbros + ho's, assemmbllllllle

Wheeee posted:

It's always a fun little bonus after watching a fantasy/horror/action movie, to find nerds melting down about it

Judakel posted:

sick boyz

:yeshaha:

Farm Frenzy posted:

Hello

Come post in the snyderdome . . If you dare!!!!

mandatory lesbian posted:

Can zombies consent, the greatest thread in forums history closed after 17000 pages of spirited debate

Let the record show that while no consensus was reached on the zombie question, there was broad agreement that vampires were generally "super rapey" and that more research on ghouls is needed

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
watch movies made for adults instead, lad

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Ok, daddio

Anyone got some recs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

You know what would make Blade even better? Ryan Reynolds doing his shtick.