Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Blood Boils posted:

Like who would like a soundtrack entirely of hit songs?!?
Not just hits...but my dad's favourite hits! Very brave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Aaron Taylor-Johnson, already Kick-rear end and Quicksilver, will now play the title character of Kraven The Hunter.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The MSJ posted:

Aaron Taylor-Johnson, already Kick-rear end and Quicksilver, will now play the title character of Kraven The Hunter.

already a terrible decision to make this a solo film without Spider-Man but god drat that awful casting is the cherry on top

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

Still bullshit they didn't go with Five Star Man Glenn Howerton

Yeah this would have ruled and kept Pratt from being as famous as he is

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Patton Oswald looks a bit like Alan Cumming in that pic. Good cast, anyway!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Jenna Coleman is an inspired choice for Constantine, but they all seem well cast. A lot will come down to just how they do it, tbh. I liked Good Omens but it was kinda old-fashioned TV in a lot of ways and I don't think that'd work at all for Sandman.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

DLC Inc posted:

already a terrible decision to make this a solo film without Spider-Man but god drat that awful casting is the cherry on top

I just checked his IMDB and he has been in almost nothing since 2015. It's like the Sam Worthington curse - where you star in a billion dollar movie and then disappear forever.

ATJ seems like a bad choice for Kraven, but who knows?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I just checked his IMDB and he has been in almost nothing since 2015. It's like the Sam Worthington curse - where you star in a billion dollar movie and then disappear forever.

ATJ seems like a bad choice for Kraven, but who knows?

He was in Tenet, and almost unrecognizable in that. The kind of vibe he had in that I could see working for a Kraven-type.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I've been reading comics for decades and couldn't tell you what the Eternals are or name a single one of them. They've got to be complete unknowns in mainstream culture.

There's one most people could probably name now. Thing is, it's Thanos, and they probably aren't going to have him be an Eternal in the movie universe.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

They might, if only as the inciting incident to have the rest of them take a more active role on Earth as an "oops, our bad".

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The MSJ posted:

I liked him in those and even in Godzilla '14, and I don't really know that much about Kraven beyond reading some Spidey comics in the 80s and 90s, and the odd Funny Comics Panel in BSS.

But still, huh?

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

I don't get why Sony doesn't do live action Miles Morales or Ghost-Spider.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Kraven doesn't even make sense

Why did he single out spiderman as some sort of "greatest hunt"? The world is filled to the brim with superpowered people by now, surely Spiderman is not the greatest trophy... Logically he should be hunting the hulk or Thor or hell, even Iron Man

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Collapsing Farts posted:

Why did he single out spiderman as some sort of "greatest hunt"? The world is filled to the brim with superpowered people by now, surely Spiderman is not the greatest trophy... Logically he should be hunting the hulk or Thor or hell, even Iron Man

Those are not animal-themed. Kraven restricts himself to hunting prey that is animal-themed, it's an honor thing.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Grendels Dad posted:

Those are not animal-themed. Kraven restricts himself to hunting prey that is animal-themed, it's an honor thing.

But not Squirrel Girl.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Collapsing Farts posted:

Jedit posted:

But not Squirrel Girl.

Squirrel Girl and Kraven actually got along together real well (after a bumpy start) and she asked him about the Spider-Man thing and pointed out that there were way more powerful beings in earth and he went "Oh yeah .... boy do I feel foolish!"

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I grew up on the X-Men side of the Marvel World with a very basic knowledge of the Avengers, and a few others but I'd never heard of the Eternals before.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Wasn’t Cannonball supposed to be an Eternal at one point?

e: Nevermind, he was an apparently unrelated eXternal, because you’ve got to have that X in there.

Klungar fucked around with this message at 12:37 on May 27, 2021

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

does he ever go after black panther

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Grendels Dad posted:

Those are not animal-themed. Kraven restricts himself to hunting prey that is animal-themed, it's an honor a crazy person thing.

Fixed that for you. Does he ever try to hunt the Rhino?

Mandrel posted:

does he ever go after black panther

Now that would be fun to watch. Because he'd never even see Black Panther before a couple-three annoyed bald black women just kicked the living poo poo out of him before maybe dumping him in a hospital across the border.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Spider-man's whole deal is really the weakest in the MCU. In everything else, his context is that despite being an independent superhero with little to no institutional support, he punches way above his weight class.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I enjoy the unintentional commentary where, in contrast to the comics, the military-industrial complex has Peter from cradle to grave. He goes to a STEM magnet school, gets his powers from a shady mismanaged corporate project, and six months later Tony recruits him into the super-mafia under the guise of a STEM internship program for disadvantaged youths. Stark Industries Presents Iron Man's Sidekick, Spider-Boy! He acts as an enforcer for Tony a few times before crumbling to dust.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Spider-man's whole deal is really the weakest in the MCU. In everything else, his context is that despite being an independent superhero with little to no institutional support, he punches way above his weight class.
I really did like Bendis's take on Spider-Man that everyone realizes he's like the biggest hero in their world besides him because he's so anxious and riddled with guilt. There is a good part in New Avengers where the Avengers fight Electro and he's apologizing because Electro is one of "his" villains. And Luke Cage is like, "What is wrong with you?"

But it is really weird how Spider-Man has been recast to be Tony Stark, Jr while heroes like Daredvil, Luke Cage, Ghost Rider, Misty Knight, Iron Fist, Cloak and Dagger, the Punisher (I know it's not really the time for the Punisher) have really been sidelined. Like it's incredibly bizarre to have an MCU where Rocket Racoon is a huge iconic character and Daredevil is floating around in an okay TV series with questionable canonicity. Even characters that feel like they would be exceptions to the rule like Moon Knight is a CIA agent.

There's a good line in The Dark Knight Returns, "Sure, we're criminals. We've always been criminals. We have to be criminals." I think that is an ethos that really sits at the heart of Nolan's films. Superheroes work best when they are at some level, subversive. Once you institutionalize them, it gets a bit scary.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Spider-Man has lot of the most iconic villains too. I’m sure that helps.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Timeless Appeal posted:

I really did like Bendis's take on Spider-Man that everyone realizes he's like the biggest hero in their world besides him because he's so anxious and riddled with guilt.
J. Jonah James has been furiously tweeting about the Spider-Menace all day, every day for two years, and every reply is just "What's that poo poo on your lip"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

iirc he's actually in the upper tiers of raw strength but below Hulk/Thing/Thor/etc, he just doesn't go beyond a threshold. Superior Spider-Man showed he was holding back for years---Ock-Peter legit punched a man's entire jaw off his face with a normal punch and Ock was shocked

Anyway have some stupid Joker news

https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/1398004508832288773?s=20

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

DLC Inc posted:

iirc he's actually in the upper tiers of raw strength but below Hulk/Thing/Thor/etc,

He's got Class 10 strength, able to lift 10 tons. Hulk has Class 100 (can lift in excess of 100 tons), "strongest one there is" and all that. I used to know everybody's strength rating but sadly time makes fools of us all.

Source: The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, October 1983

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

He's got Class 10 strength, able to lift 10 tons. Hulk has Class 100 (can lift in excess of 100 tons), "strongest one there is" and all that. I used to know everybody's strength rating but sadly time makes fools of us all.

Source: The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, October 1983

Nah, Spider-man can barely lift a car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvQrEhlacmk&t=145s

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk
The question to ask is, what would Peter Parker 'responsibly' do with actual power?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Lots to say about Watchmen as I write up Invincible #4.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Vakal posted:

Nah, Spider-man can barely lift a car.

In Amazing Spider-Man 365 the Lizard basically collapses half of Penn Station onto his back and he was able to lift it up and get out from under it. I think that was like a major moment around that time where they really establish that he's extremely strong but is holding back most of the time. I remember almost every Spider-Man issue across all his series for a bit after that point mentioning whenever he'd hit someone how like if he hadn't held back that person's head would have gotten crushed in or whatever.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The Mauler Twins make it to the end of the comics, though it's often because Kirkman can kill them with minimal reprecussions. They are pretty fun though.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Everyone knows car-lifting is the only measurements of true power https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pF64vPsepQ

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

I love that Doc Ock begins his conversation with regular Peter Parker by throwing a car at him and ends it with a power slam into a brick wall that Pete walks off. Doc, you might have found the guy you’re looking for.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
With Jamie Foxx and Alfred Molina already confirmed to return as their versions of Electro and Doctor Octopus, the Sinister Six theory seems very likely.

quote:

Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin is rumored to be the main villain of Spider-Man: No Way Home. Green Goblin is one of six villains in the movie and will serve as the main antagonist. Marvel Studios and Sony's third installment in Tom Holland's Spider-Man franchise is shaping up to be quite different from what fans expected when Spider-Man: Far From Home ended. After Mysterio revealed Spider-Man's secret identity, the MCU's Spider-Man 3 is going in a surprising direction with the heavily rumored presence of the multiverse. Rumors pointed to Willem Dafoe's return in Spider-Man: No Way Home as early as December 2020, when announcements for the film first started coming through the flood gates.

The web-slinger is set to team up with Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange for possibly the most ambitious solo film plot in MCU history. The two will do battle with Alfred Molina's Doctor Octopus straight from 2004's Spider-Man 2, and he's just the tip of the iceberg.

Other villains reportedly set to join the movie include Electro, Sandman, and more, all being reprised by actors from either Sam Raimi's trilogy or Marc Webb's duology. No confirmed plot details have revealed what their intent is or how they will fit into the story, but fans have already theorized about the MCU potentially bringing together a live-action Sinister Six in this massive threequel.

Green Goblin was the main villain of Spider-Man and had cameos in both sequels after dying in the first film.

Dafoe's Green Goblin died after his glider impaled him, so how he avoids that fate to return here is unclear. It is possible that the Green Goblin featured in Spider-Man 3 is not the same one from Raimi's films. Alfred Molina already confirmed his return as Doc Ock sees him play the same version of the character from Spider-Man 2, but Marvel could take a different approach with Green Goblin if they want to alter parts of his story or character design.

Green Goblin's large presence in Spider-Man: No Way Home could be part of the plans Marvel and Sony have for the franchise's future. If he appears alongside five other Spider-Man villains, it is possible that Osborn founds the Sinister Six at some point in this movie. Sony has been trying to develop a Sinister Six movie for years to no avail.

Spider-Man: No Way Home will release in theaters on December 17, 2021.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

With Jamie Foxx and Alfred Molina already confirmed to return as their versions of Electro and Doctor Octopus, the Sinister Six theory seems very likely.

I suppose it was inevitable, but one of the things I liked most about the MCU Spider-man was how they didn't do stuff that had already been done.

I have to admit to being slightly skeptical about Spider-Man and Dr. Strange together. I mean, "fighting Doc Ock" seems like it would be two seconds of Peter fending off Octavious before Strange turns him into an actual octopus.

As far Willem Dafoe coming back as Norman Osbourn, I hope they do better with the costume. Green Goblin from the 2002 Spider-Man was kind of the subject of one of my Marvel villains suck rants. "Willem Dafoe looks absolutely terrifying as Willem Dafoe. He looks cheesy as the Goblin."

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Green Goblin being impaled on his glider and they might have to jump through hoops to explain his return. Doc Ock drowning under a pier destroyed by a nuclear reactor and everyone shrugs? That's a fun double standard.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Everyone posted:

I have to admit to being slightly skeptical about Spider-Man and Dr. Strange together. I mean, "fighting Doc Ock" seems like it would be two seconds of Peter fending off Octavious before Strange turns him into an actual octopus.

Depending on how creative (lol) they want to get that could actually have some fun results for Dr. Strange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah this would have ruled and kept Pratt from being as famous as he is

Any of the Always Sunny leads would’ve been an excellent Star Lord. Just depends how much of a scumbag you want him to be.