Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

that guy is an idiot. why the gently caress would they hype this if it WASN'T him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Looks like he hasn't done any acting in 16 years, dang.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0WzPQNIBJ4

It's a movie cast made up entirely of sidekick comic relief character television actors.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gonna dump some toxic waste in a river in celebration!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
What I love about Silver is that even though he is cartoonishly evil, his motives in the movie are entirely unselfish. All he wants is to help his old Vietnam buddy, and if that means taking time off from his billion dollar corporation to torment some rando kid just to make Kreese feel better, so be it!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder if they'll lampshade the fact that he is nowhere near the age his character was supposed to be.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0WzPQNIBJ4

It's a movie cast made up entirely of sidekick comic relief character television actors.

lol I love this, the last bit actually made chuckle

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They really need to defeat Kreese by the end of season 4 because that dude has overstayed his welcome already imo. Like even for a show where the most used word is “karate” it stretches credibility that he hasn’t been run out of town yet

Sorting Algorithms
Feb 7, 2021
I've been working my way through Mr Mercedes after seeing people recommend it here and I don't think I've seen a show nosedive as hard or as quickly as it did halfway through season 2 when they started deviating from the books more strongly. We're still watching season three but solidly as a hatewatch + material for a possible future video.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1397987461238648832

This is such insanely good casting, and combined with that stunt workout video he posted a few weeks ago, I think this has a chance to be really good and I can't wait to see how Oscar Isaac does Marc Spector. I hope it gets real weird, just constantly getting terrorized by a giant bird skull

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I don't know why mom knight is cool, but he is

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Call me when there's a Morn Knight movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whelp, Debris was canceled.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

muscles like this! posted:

lol I knew there was a reason I put off watching it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

whoops

Is it still worth catching up on the rest of the season or nah

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I was really resistant to watching Ted Lasso for a long time because I thought it was just going to be over the top saccharine along the lines of what Parks and Recreation ended up becoming. But the girlfriend wanted to watch it, so we went through it in a few days, and I have to admit, I liked it. I don't think it's the greatest show ever, or even the best show currently on Apple TV (Mythic Quest I think is better, both overall and as a comedy) but there was enough meat there to be satisfying, and I think the writers and actors were able to recognize how to walk right up to the line of indulging too much in "nicecore" without crossing the line.

I do think two things from the last two episodes really made me appreciate the "niceness" of it more: in the second to last episode, Coach Beard losing it and telling Ted that no, winning actually is important and that Ted feeling like just making everyone happy at the expense of winning was selfish; and the fact that the season ends with them actually losing despite everything - and even so, neither of those cause some dramatic dark turn for Ted. I feel like that's the kind of nuance that P&R became afraid or unwilling to indulge in when they made Leslie into a never-ending positivity beacon who always won everything because of being positive.

Plus I also couldn't help but appreciate that Andrea Anders from Better off Ted was Ted's wife.

I have to say, Apple TV+ seems to be the black sheep of the current streaming crop (I guess maybe Peacock is lower) but of everything on Apple I've watched - Ted Lasso, Mythic Quest, For All Mankind, Servant, Morning Show, See, even a few episodes of the Snoopy cartoon - I haven't disliked anything. Some have been much better than others, but I've thought all of those are at least decent.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

whoops

I enjoyed all the episodes but since there wasn't really any conclusions I would say nah. The only thing really revealed in the finale was that when George was rescued he wasn't actually a prisoner but instead is a willing participant (and maybe the head?) of Influx.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The problem with Apple TV+ is that they have no existing catalog so it's either they have originals you want to watch, or they don't.

They also have little enough content at this point that someone could easily have watched it all.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

drat finished travelers and now I'm out of ideas

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yiiiiiiiikkkkeeeessss

Power Puff girls script leaked

https://twitter.com/xaviersonline/status/1397115277167403011?s=19

https://twitter.com/Ioosechange/status/1397085762458472448?s=19

Features this quote

quote:

JOJO: What about my pet monkey! That was meaningful in the last election.

GINA: Post-Harambe. No one cares anymore.

https://twitter.com/Ioosechange/status/1397368146147827712?s=19

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

whoops

It wasn’t bad, but nah. They never even got near the fireworks factory.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Slamhound posted:

It wasn’t bad, but nah. They never even got near the fireworks factory.

I enjoyed all the episodes but since there wasn't really any conclusions I would say nah. The only thing really revealed in the finale was that when George was rescued he wasn't actually a prisoner but instead is a willing participant (and maybe the head?) of Influx.

Thanks. That's too bad, I generally enjoyed it but got busy with other stuff so I fell off halfway through the season. I'll let it go.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The one really good thing from the finale was John Noble as a super creepy and threatening bad guy.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

If there is a thread for funny videos I can't find it but also this is kinda sorta a TV thing so I'm gonna post it here because it's just so good:
https://twitter.com/VoltySquirrel/status/1397791031823851520?s=20

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Yiiiiiiiikkkkeeeessss

Power Puff girls script leaked

That's all incredibly terrible except "Baby wanted to join the Peace Corp and be a fancy slut!" which legit made me crack a smile

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Sirotan posted:

If there is a thread for funny videos I can't find it but also this is kinda sorta a TV thing so I'm gonna post it here because it's just so good:

AHAHAHA Wtfffff

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was all, this isn't that weird. Then IT happened.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's called nagano tapes so I guess anime song makes sense right

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I'm suddenly reminded of the very bad Adrianne Palicki Wonder Woman pilot and hope that this pilot leaks the same way.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sirotan posted:

Am I missing something? I don’t see anything too weird about this? I mean it’s about a Czech team but it happened in Japan so a Japanese song seems like a perfectly fine choice to me?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Director snuck in an anime reference

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Sirotan posted:

This took me way too long to get but I finally understand. Goddam you guys are nerds.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

X-O posted:

Am I missing something? I don’t see anything too weird about this? I mean it’s about a Czech team but it happened in Japan so a Japanese song seems like a perfectly fine choice to me?

lol

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

X-O posted:

It's a song about incest and crunchy panties, op

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Sirotan posted:

Director is a loving legend.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Started watching the HBO Perry Mason and I'm completely surprised at how lavish and good it looks. Nobody does this time period like HBO. Perry Mason, Boardwalk Empire, and Carnivale are some of the best looking shows ever. There's even a quick WW1 flashback that could be out of any prestige WW1 movie.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mythic Quest has been so good recently. This week’s is funny as poo poo oh my god

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

That's a shame, the last episode set up a lot of interesting stuff.
But that's also part of the problem, there is no reason for tv shows to still just plod about their first season and then hope they get picked up for a second one, especially not with these 13 episode seasons that are now the norm.
If you have John Noble you don't wait until the last episode to feature him.

The creator of the show worked on Fringe and Almost Human, so he absolutely knows how much a charismatic group of talent actors can add to a tv show, Debris just wasn't quite there.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

X-O posted:

https://twitter.com/vilebaphomet/status/1397888999809769472?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Oh poo poo there's two episodes of Lucifer up right now. I thought the new season wasn't coming until later in the Summer.

edit: or maybe the entire rest of season 5 is up? For some reason it only looked like ep9 & 10 were up when I first looked.

Either way I'm glad to have it back!!

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 08:19 on May 28, 2021