Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

bump_fn posted:

finally getting around to playing disco elydium and it seems to be bugged, i’m supposed to meet someone between 10pm and 2am and they don’t spawn at all

lame

he will be there next day iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah that took me a while to learn too, every day will expose new stuff and it's easier than you'd think to exhaust all the possibilities of a day. especially day 1 and especially if you focus on the investigation and not just wandering around being a weirdo to everyone

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I finally got around to getting the DLC for Darkest Dungeons (just in time for II to come out). Seems promising (in the sense of being good Darkest Dungeon content, not in the sense of actually promising good outcomes).

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Bad Company 2 is the only Battlefield I played and I have good memories of that one. Never tried any of the ones after that, but it does have a particular design ethos that scratches an itch. Shame the new ones suck apparently.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the narrator for darkest dungeon ended up being better than the game. while i appreciate the brutality of the game and the disposable characters, the dungeon delving got repetitive pretty quickly

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

remember battlefield cop edition? lmao

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

wait what

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

uh.. hm. i don't really have anything to say, just. hm

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

shoeberto posted:

Bad Company 2 is the only Battlefield I played and I have good memories of that one. Never tried any of the ones after that, but it does have a particular design ethos that scratches an itch. Shame the new ones suck apparently.

only bf5 sucks. BFs 3, 4, and 1 were all good

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Schadenboner posted:

I finally got around to getting the DLC for Darkest Dungeons (just in time for II to come out). Seems promising (in the sense of being good Darkest Dungeon content, not in the sense of actually promising good outcomes).
hey s-chad good to see you. game on

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

this photoshop has been blazed in my memory for years but I could swear it said "carl on duty"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7HGmUBQOHM

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLlw4_j3bQA

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Truman Peyote posted:

this photoshop has been blazed in my memory for years but I could swear it said "carl on duty"

ha, so there's two going around and the 'of' version was stuck in my head so i skipped the 'on' version

or maybe it's platform lockin

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 29, 2021

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
I picked up Capcom Arcade Stadium for my PS4 (I know arcade archives exists but £6 for a game I'll play like twice seems a bit steep) and its an amazingly polished with a decent selection of titles, just wish there was a way to disable continues.

That said, man I loving love all the 194x games

Also are Ghouls & Ghosts and Ghosts & Goblins brutally hard or am I just bad?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

both

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Was that the platformer where you were running around a graveyard and when you got hit you ended up nekkid?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yea

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Schadenboner posted:

Was that the platformer where you were running around a graveyard and when you got hit you ended up nekkid?

that's dark souls lmao

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

aw the arcade collection is still showing as $15/pack. i'd love a sale (either switch or ps5 is fine)

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

toiletbrush posted:

Also are Ghouls & Ghosts and Ghosts & Goblins brutally hard or am I just bad?

those are legendarily hard yes.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/i/status/1398775088464338948

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Man, I was having a good time with Subnautica Below Zero, and it just crashed on me... and apparently it doesn't auto save... so I just lost about 5 hours of playtime. Just as I (pleased as punch) finished building my first moon pool, tooo.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cat Face Joe posted:

thinking about hooking up the ol ps2 and playing through dark cloud 2 again

whoo wow uh this is uh this is a real chore

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Cat Face Joe posted:

lmao

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

toiletbrush posted:

just wish there was a way to disable continues.

lmao

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i have dark cloud 2 via ps now. maybe i'll give it a spin

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Cat Face Joe posted:

lol

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

I never played 2 but early in the quarantimes I replayed the original and yes absolutely

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Asleep Style posted:

I never played 2 but early in the quarantimes I replayed the original and yes absolutely

the weapon system is just so fukin byzantine and there's no good way to engage in it properly and also enjoy the game

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mivic_art/status/1385917303133409286

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

huh from the previous WH40K fps/tps games I was expecting something medium-paged and methodical, but it looks like the devs have jumped both-feet into the hyperspeed 'new Doom' gameplay aesthetic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWGQZ8Lledc

I mean it looks good (when the screen isn't totally obscured by gunflash and explosion) but I don't think I've got the hand-eye speed to keep up with suchlikes any more. I can't imagine doing most of this video on a gamepad either.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

for some reason that video makes me want to play titanfall and i don't know why

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah it looks like they cloned some bits from the best recent fpses (TF2 + doom) and then crammed in a bunch of their 40k/EYE wierdness which seems cool.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also i beat subnautica below zero and its not as good as the first one. it was way too hand holdy and the story being told from first person narration really hurt it. its also really forgettable and uninteresting to the point that i completely missed that one of the caves is where the main character's sister died even tho i walked all over it and collected some stuff that was apparently to do with it. i realized this by accident after reading the wiki after the fact lol.

the land segments also really suck and are too big and empty.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Shaggar posted:

yeah it looks like they cloned some bits from the best recent fpses (TF2 + doom) and then crammed in a bunch of their 40k/EYE wierdness which seems cool.

loving right way to do it, warhammer is already a pop culture mashup so why shouldn't the ges be too

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i'mma pick up hired gun next paycheque i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Shaggar posted:

also i beat subnautica below zero and its not as good as the first one. it was way too hand holdy and the story being told from first person narration really hurt it. its also really forgettable and uninteresting to the point that i completely missed that one of the caves is where the main character's sister died even tho i walked all over it and collected some stuff that was apparently to do with it. i realized this by accident after reading the wiki after the fact lol.

the land segments also really suck and are too big and empty.

yeah i think i'm getting close to the end and it's been pretty disappointing so far. agree with all of your points. the things they added to make it 'fresh' either aren't fun or are deliberately handicapped. like the snow speeder looked really cool but lol surprise it doesn't work over water for some reason? why??

it seems like they really couldn't decide what they wanted to do with this game besides make another one so all of the changes are just there for the sake of it. the one thing I DID like however was making the "seamoth" modular and upgradeable so it slowly and naturally turns into its own cyclops

but yeah 2.5/5 imo. it's worth checking out if you really enjoyed the original and just want more stuff to explore but don't expect too much out of it