Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://streamable.com/ampoye

Something horrible has gone wrong with the AP/XP/GP multipliers from exdeath 0.3.1!

Ship it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

just to be clear, this is actually two Bybloses, react:protect, Wind Slash, and all. Have fun with that!

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://streamable.com/ampoye

Something horrible has gone wrong with the AP/XP/GP multipliers from exdeath 0.3.1!

Really encouraging us to use all those multipliers, huh?

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Yeah, so. Since something's rotten in the state of Denmark, 0.4 will not be shipping tonight after all.

Previously, I was reading and writing directly to monster and formation blocks for the multipliers. Since that's not working, I next wrote a quick tool to generate patches for x2/x4/x8…and that's loving up FFVEditor too.

So I'm going to eat dinner and go to bed.

EDIT: Do keep submitting new NEDs, though; that part is working great.

Aerdan fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 27, 2021

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:
Prereg is now open!

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
I noticed there was a blank spot in the first field (where you can select most of the modes) and the tweet command for selecting it is #blame. Huh, that sounds kinda like #BlameEverhate, the command for Quadzerks.

....Oh no. OH NO. I WANT TO GAMBLE ON THE NEW MODE BUT I DO NOT WANT TO DO QUADZERKS AGAIN, I DID THAT ONCE ALREADY AND NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO DO THAT poo poo TWICE

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Bufuman posted:

I noticed there was a blank spot in the first field (where you can select most of the modes) and the tweet command for selecting it is #blame. Huh, that sounds kinda like #BlameEverhate, the command for Quadzerks.

....Oh no. OH NO. I WANT TO GAMBLE ON THE NEW MODE BUT I DO NOT WANT TO DO QUADZERKS AGAIN, I DID THAT ONCE ALREADY AND NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO DO THAT poo poo TWICE

It's not a new mode, that command has been around for years and they just now added it to the UI. It does exactly what you think it does.

Dr. Bones
Nov 4, 2005

Private First Class in Blankman's Boot Camp of Goonery

Bufuman posted:

Yeah but think of the charity :v:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

My current quadzerker omega setup is Butz and Krile with Earthbreakers, Bone Mail, and Flame Shields, Lenna and Faris zombied with Death Sickles.

In about 22,000 iterations the lowest I've gotten Omega is 25,817 which is honestly better than I expected, more than half his HP gone 1/3rd of the way though my first real attempt. I'm still skeptical that it will happen, but it looks closer to possible than I expected

I think my next setup will be everyone wielding Earthbreakers and just see if I can rush him down before everyone dies

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Geomancers get a bad rap because of a rough start but !Gaia can carry you through most of the game outside a few rough W1 bosses. They're just also the worst Fire crystal job, because they're up against Dual Wield, !Rapid Fire, !Release, and !Sing.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Registered with a zerker risk as usual. Maybe I'll do more than one run this year!

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

dis astranagant posted:

It's not a new mode, that command has been around for years and they just now added it to the UI. It does exactly what you think it does.

It.... blames?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ughhhhhhhhh I really hope Rand-No750 isn’t going to be too bad.

Also I’m considering adding #fifthjob.........👀

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 28, 2021

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Going Pure Chaos/5th Job/BERSERKER RISK this year, just to be a little different than my normal Pure Chaos runs.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Nemo2342 posted:

Going Pure Chaos/5th Job/BERSERKER RISK this year, just to be a little different than my normal Pure Chaos runs.

sup purechaos/fifthjob/berserkerrisk buddy!

I don't expect to do nearly as many runs this year since I'm not working from home, but only time will tell...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I saw that there's 21 days between prereg and start and my first response was "psh, I could do like a half-dozen runs in that time". :psyduck:

What is wrong with my brain and how do I apply it to things that actually matter like my LPs?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Pure Chaos Zerkerrisk. What's the fun in risking zerkers if you do not risk additional zerkers?

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

Galick posted:

Just pushed out version 3.2 of my rebalance! Here are the patch notes for 3.1 -> 3.2, and the github will be updated later today with the option to try it!

#3.2:
- Geomancer's strength has increased to 35 (previously 28)
- Dragoon now gains Lure in place of Equip Spears. This is intended to leave spears as a niche for Dragoons and Freelancers with their buffs.
- Dancer's vitality has increased to 22 (previously 14). This is to put it on par with mages.
- The Thief Knife's damage has been lowered to a base of 18. To compensate for this, it is now available in world 1 as a rare drop off of the fleeing Garula. The Thief Knife in Mirage is still available, but is similarly weaker.
- All spears but the Dragon Lance and Longinus have had their attack stat increased to lean into the Dragoon niche of hitting as hard as possible, but only once. They are similarly only equippable by Dragoons, Freelancers, and Oracles now. This is an indirect nerf to Gladiator I suppose.
- Longinus is now available earlier than the Sealed Temple, though it has been slightly weakened for this. It is now a rare steal from Stingray in World 3.
- Spears are no longer Throwable.
- Monks now learn !Drink in place of Counter.
- Dragoon's base strength has increased to 48 (previously 42)
- Geomancers can now equip Axes and Hammers.
- Oracles can now equip Spears and Knives.
- The Rune Axe's base attack is now 90 (previously 71).
- The Gaia Hammer now casts Quake 50% of the time (previously 25%)
#Bugs:
- Noted a bug where Berserkers cannot counter attack due to being Berserk. This will be fixed in a later patch.

And the spears (plus a knife) themselves:
- Equipment: The Thief Knife has been lowered to 18 base attack power, but is now available in Walse as a rare drop from the fleeing Garula. This is to facilitate early criming for parties that lack a Thief.
- Equipment: Spear's (Steal: Shell Bear) Attack value has increased from 25 -> 49
- Equipment: Javelin's (Steal: Sand Bear) Attack Value has increased from 55 -> 60, and is now a (Common) Steal from Bone Dragons. Sand Bears now have Ethers in place of their previous Steal.
- Equipment: Mythril Spear's (Karnak) Attack value has increased from 30 to 37.
- Equipment: Trident's (Jachol) Attack value has increased from 38 to 48.
- Equipment: Wind Spear's (Manticore, W2 shops) Attack value has increased from 44 to 52.
- Equipment: Heavy Lance's (Surgate) Attack value has increaseed from 54 to 57.
- Equipment: Partisan's (Ziggurat Gigas) Attack value has increased from 62 to 85.
- Equipment: The Holy Lance's (Weapon. Legendary. One of twelve of them.) Attack value has increased from 109 to 113.
- Equipment: Longinus' (Steal: Stingray now) Attack value has been lowered from 132 to 121. Its Strength bonus has increased to +5. It is now available before the postgame.

I'll have to give this a whirl. It seems interesting and I find I tend to prefer stuff that's more a rebalance than a drastic departure. I've never been super into the Custom Classes mod for this reason, I feel like it makes too many deviations and some of the choices are a little strange, Samurai getting their instant kill move by default, for example.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

dracula vladdy AF posted:

I'll have to give this a whirl. It seems interesting and I find I tend to prefer stuff that's more a rebalance than a drastic departure. I've never been super into the Custom Classes mod for this reason, I feel like it makes too many deviations and some of the choices are a little strange, Samurai getting their instant kill move by default, for example.

Awesome! There's more updates incoming but here's an important one that I've found:

#3.2.1
#Bugs
- Found a bug where Red Mage was not receiving three empty slots as they should be. Will require more major editing to repair, for now as a workaround, Red Mage has !Attack, !Dualcast, an empty slot, and !Item.

So Red Mages have !Dualcast by default, but I sadly can't triple slot them. Trying to find a workaround at the moment!

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Exdeath 0.4 released, hopefully resolving the multipliers issue.

For some reason, FFVEditor writes singleton experience/gil edits to a different location than when I do it en masse. No, I don't know why. 🤷🏻

Still looking for new NED graphics, though. And we figured out how to edit the left side's positioning, so at some point I'm going to correct PAD NED's left side and then we're gonna see some serious poo poo.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Spelling Mitsake posted:

It.... blames?

It blames everhate, a streamer or something who died a while back and was dealt quadzerker one year.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

dis astranagant posted:

It blames everhate, a streamer or something who died a while back and was dealt quadzerker one year.

DraknarEverhate was a speedrunner of semi-serious renown in those circles, well-known for being a source of RNG screw in people trying to race with or compete against him, particularly in his game of choice, Soul Blazer. It got to the point that races would kick off with a memey "gl and/or blame everhate". Generally cool dude, actually ran in the inaugural Fiesta Run once or twice. Passed away in 2016, a few months before the Fiesta that year. One of his last big achievements was being one of the few people to both get dealt and clear a quadzerker run in the fiesta in 2015, the first year where Pure Chaos was rolled out, thus making quadzerk #risk teams a possibility. When Fiesta started in 2016, RK silently added a #BlameEverhate command to registration which would offer a rigged quadzerk roll in his honor.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I've never completed a fiesta run in the six attempts I've had since 2014. I dunno what it is about June/July but something nuts happens to me and I have to go deal with that and I never finish ffv, people have died, I stuck a used needle in my hand at work, Quarantine ended prematurely, mad poo poo.

This year I got all my bad news early, I'm ready to go. Imma grind this one out and finally finish a run!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shoehead posted:

I've never completed a fiesta run in the six attempts I've had since 2014. I dunno what it is about June/July but something nuts happens to me and I have to go deal with that and I never finish ffv, people have died, I stuck a used needle in my hand at work, Quarantine ended prematurely, mad poo poo.

This year I got all my bad news early, I'm ready to go. Imma grind this one out and finally finish a run!

Then I got the :toxx: for you!

I'll donate $5 for every goon that finally finishes a run. Rules are simple: when you finish your run, link me your fiesta profile. If it has a single, unfinished run from last year then that's $5. Then another $5 for each year in a row of single, unfinished runs on up to $20. So if you've been signing up since 2017 but have not finished a single run then that's $20. Max contribution of $100.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Shoehead posted:

I'm with you, I've failed the last 3 years or so.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

DraknarEverhate was a speedrunner of semi-serious renown in those circles, well-known for being a source of RNG screw in people trying to race with or compete against him, particularly in his game of choice, Soul Blazer. It got to the point that races would kick off with a memey "gl and/or blame everhate". Generally cool dude, actually ran in the inaugural Fiesta Run once or twice. Passed away in 2016, a few months before the Fiesta that year. One of his last big achievements was being one of the few people to both get dealt and clear a quadzerker run in the fiesta in 2015, the first year where Pure Chaos was rolled out, thus making quadzerk #risk teams a possibility. When Fiesta started in 2016, RK silently added a #BlameEverhate command to registration which would offer a rigged quadzerk roll in his honor.
There's also an annual "Blame Everhate" Soul Blazer speedrun race every May in his honor, which actually occurred like a week ago (ish?), so you can probably track down some VODs on Twitch if you're interested in seeing some Soul Blazer speedruns.

Shoehead posted:

I've never completed a fiesta run in the six attempts I've had since 2014.
:same: I've tried it twice (last year and a couple years ago) and both times just sort of petered out. But this year, let's loving do this.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
Alright thread. It's time to talk about overpowered abilities. You know the ones. They can make or break a run. You get three Thieves and despair and then roll a Samurai and go "lol guess I'm throwing money at everything".

But what if you didn't? There's jobs that have so much to offer that have stuff that never gets appreciated. Maybe it's time to take a new look at some of them, and cast your mind back to when you were young and didn't know about the internet letting you know what was really good or not.

Thus, here's my :toxx:: $1, up to $20, for any instance of the following, with a comment (your choice as to the length) on how you thought it changed the game:

-Samurai without using !Zeninage.
-Chemist without using !Mix.
-Ranger without using !Rapid Fire (the menu command. Hayate Bow is fine).
-Red Mage without using !Dualcast.
-A write-in of your choice where a defining or powerful ability for the job is left unused. I just mention those four above because you're not defaulting to a bad Freelancer if you hold back. I'll accept any good faith effort on this, in case you want to do a Bard without !Sing or something for whatever reason.

These do add up, if you wanted to do multiple in one run, but if you don't want to give up !Dualcast on your one Red Mage in a sea of money-hoarding Samurai I won't judge (but those three Samurai would each count).

Anyway, the intent here is to just appreciate other abilities on offer, with a slight incentive to do so. Having done all of those myself, I think you'll be surprised as what you find when you take the power off the table (hint: Chemist? Still busted).

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Rosalie_A posted:

-Red Mage without using !Dualcast.
this is just "not bothering to AP grind" lol

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm playing ffv for the first time and figured I'd ask in here,

What jobs / abilities do I want to give each member of party to be very overpowered?

Thanks

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Empress Brosephine posted:

I'm playing ffv for the first time and figured I'd ask in here,

What jobs / abilities do I want to give each member of party to be very overpowered?

Thanks

The most overpowered party within Fiesta rules is Blue Mage/Mystic Knight/Bard/Chemist. You'll need a guide to figure out all the exploits that team can do, but there's nothing you can't completely steamroll.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What about outside of fiesta rules also

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the old stand-by is Ranger's !X-Fire/Barrage, Ninja's dual-wielding, and Mystic Knight magic. have fun with that

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed
After successfully fiesta-ing for the first time last year with a very easy team, I'd like to try some pure chaos shenanigans. Do people normally use the fiesta patch or just freelancer until whatever their first job is? And do you still add one job to your team per crystal or if you get ie BLM and WHM do you bring them both in at wind?

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Someone more experienced may correct me, but the simplest route to power is to master Ninja and make that character a Freelancer (this gives them Dual Wield for free) with the !Magic Sword and !Rapidfire commands. You attack 8 times for crazy damage.

There are better combos, particularly with a full party considered, but this is probably the simplest route to power.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sweet thanks all

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

The strongest jobs relative to the amount of effort and knowledge needed to make them so would be, in my opinion, Mystic Knight, Samurai, Ninja, White Mage, Black Mage, and Time Mage. Just buy stuff from stores and press buttons.

If you want the true best at everything stuff? That's more complicated and depends on where in the game you're at.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh I guess my other question is if it's better to mainline a class to mastery then do the next one or to keep the classes all within each other other?

I heard there was also some place with statues that you can grind for AP?e: I'm about eight hours into the game and just unlocked ninja and I beat the chimera and learned aqua bubble or whatever

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Oh I guess my other question is if it's better to mainline a class to mastery then do the next one or to keep the classes all within each other other?

I heard there was also some place with statues that you can grind for AP?

i mean honestly just go ham with the classes we said and you won't go wrong. when you find the statues, throw gold needles at them (the items that cure petrification) for free kills and good AP

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

A long list of combos that break open the game. Outside of fiesta rules, it comes down to how to want to do it.

Completely game-ruining combo is probably ranger+mystic knight with a chemist pumping them full of steroids. Oh and a bard for good measure. Others too on that level of power. Just know a few jobs that don't seem good on the surface, like bard, can carry you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Mustached Demon posted:

Then I got the :toxx: for you!

I'll donate $5 for every goon that finally finishes a run. Rules are simple: when you finish your run, link me your fiesta profile. If it has a single, unfinished run from last year then that's $5. Then another $5 for each year in a row of single, unfinished runs on up to $20. So if you've been signing up since 2017 but have not finished a single run then that's $20. Max contribution of $100.

Oh dude I'm gonna do it this year. I've survived carona virus I can beat FFV

(I'm still waiting to be eligible for a vaccine here so please God this isn't what takes me out of this years fiesta)