Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
The Giro remains the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
When Yates explodes tomorrow it will be hilarious.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
bernal not looking so good

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Bernal just being paced up. Doesn't look to be losing huge time

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd be surprised to see him lose more than a minute on this climb.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

He's only got one domestique left though

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Okay he's not so broken

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Eggy was just fronting. He didn't want his boys to feel slow.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

If Almeida didn't die on the first hilly stage he'd be right up there

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Bernal is fading. Tomorrow is going to be really interesting.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Komet posted:

Half of it was Almeida exploding off

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Komet posted:

Yeah the other teams are going to go super hard on the first climb to try and crack him. It's small but there's definitely a chance he could still lose this race. This is probably showing why Ineos normally never let their GC man do anything for the first two weeks.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't know how much he could lose but Bernal is also not an especially good TT rider, though the best GC TT rider is probably Almeida who's too far back unless some nutty poo poo happens.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
He still came third on the stage and left most of the GC riders behind. Easily might have just been riding within himself as there was not much point chasing Yates or Almeida too hard before tomorrow.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

peanut- posted:

He still came third on the stage and left most of the GC riders behind. Easily might have just been riding within himself as there was not much point chasing Yates or Almeida too hard before tomorrow.

I dunno it looked like he tried to take it up after Martinez swung off and couldn't. He can do a better TT than Yates but there's enough climbing tomorrow for him to lose 5 minutes easily if he's starting to struggle.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

I hope Almeida comes in 2nd at like 20s down on the final standings for the sheer portuguese rage against DQS

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I dunno it looked like he tried to take it up after Martinez swung off and couldn't. He can do a better TT than Yates but there's enough climbing tomorrow for him to lose 5 minutes easily if he's starting to struggle.

I hope so, I would enjoy a Simon "fraud" Yates Giro redemption story.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
It will be funny if Yates wins by doing the exact opposite ride to what lost him the race last time.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

I hope caruso takes it on the TT. :italy:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Tomorrow could be an all time great stage and the only way to watch it might be hopping IG live streams.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

That second intermediate sprint is by far the Giro-est intermediate sprint I've ever seen

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The second Giro IS is a bonus seconds sprint which makes them make much more sense

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That looks like a good final descent.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

If Almeida didn't die on the first hilly stage he'd be right up there

Didn't he get left behind by his team? I can't really remember too much of that stage.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I'm just caught up after being stuck in work and I think everyone is reading far too much into eggy losing 30s to someone who was over 3 minutes down

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I just want him to lose enough so that the TT is exciting.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

serious gaylord posted:

Didn't he get left behind by his team? I can't really remember too much of that stage.

He finished in a group with Knox and Serry.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Well, bless those randos and Taco for trying to establish a breakaway today. Hm, actually looks like it might stick for a while now.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Italian Switzerland is the only good Switzerland

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Nice racetrack for remote controlled cars

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Nice Taco cock

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

Up we go

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/deceuninck_qst/status/1398615456479596545?s=19

Quickstep getting existential

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Evenpoel has been waiting for today. Truly a test in the high mountains.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He should race the Vuelta.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
He should learn to descend.

Also Bike Exchange are going for it already.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Bardet wanting to kill people off????

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

DSM causing splits, bardet is feeling good

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Looks like Romain Bardet is going to try to do something. Oh wow there's already a split

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I wonder if Bardet is going to go for a suicide attack at the top of this hill and try and hold it to the end? Its all up and down now after all.