Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

Quackles posted:

AITA for telling my gf witchcraft isn’t real and that it’s impossible to bring her dog back?

If witchcraft isn't real, why are there so many witch hunts in the US? Makes you think...

Oops snipe

Uncle (48M) said I (25F) was a bad influence on his daughters (22F & 20F) and didn’t want me around them but now he suddenly wants to play happy families.

quote:

In my family girls aren’t allowed to date. It’s due to a mix of culture, religion and good old misogyny. My parents didn’t care if I dated or not after I turned 18, as long as I continued to focus on my education.
My uncle saw my fiancé (at the time boyfriend) dropping me home about a year ago and he wasn’t happy about it at all but since he isn’t my dad there isn’t anything he could do besides complain behind my back. He told my entire family that I was a bad influence on his daughters, criticised the way I dress and said he didn't want me around them.
After that, I noticed his daughters, who I was never that close to but who would cling to me during family events, would avoid me like I had the plague. They stopped visiting my parents and on the rare occasion I went to their house my cousins were sent to their rooms. Their behaviour annoyed me but since we were never extremely close, I chose to just ignore it.
I got engaged in February and it was like a switch flipped and now my uncle wants to act like we’re one big happy family.
I don’t really know what his motives are, but he keeps inviting me and my fiancé to his house. His daughters come to my house every single week and have asked to be involved in the wedding/planning. Their family texts me constantly. My uncle is also telling people that he has always liked my fiancé and he knew from the beginning he was a good man.
My parents want me to just go with the flow and not make a big deal about his sudden change. However, I find myself annoyed every time my cousins come over now. I don't want to include them in my wedding even though it's tradition to have your sisters/cousin sisters play a role, and I do plan to ask my only other two female cousins to be involved.
How should I handle this?
TL;DR – My uncle said I was a bad influence on his daughters because I had a boyfriend. Now that I’m engaged, he’s trying to backtrack and suddenly his family want to act like best friends.

Tomfoolery fucked around with this message at 02:26 on May 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Quackles posted:

AITA for telling my gf witchcraft isn’t real and that it’s impossible to bring her dog back?

Important question: is she trying to resurrect an actual dog corpse?

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

Quackles posted:

imagine how bad the OP is gonna feel when her dog comes back to life

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Yeah, it didn’t work out real well in the book. Sorry, Church, no RIP for you.

Scaevolus
Apr 16, 2007

Forsake witchcraft, embrace science, and clone your dog like Barbara Streisand for $50k.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

AITA for disinviting "all" my friends from my wedding?

quote:

I(28M) will be marrying my fiance (24f) and we are also having a baby. Just to give a background My Fiance Evelyn and I have been dating for 4 years and honestly, it's been great. She is my rock and I can't imagine my life without her. Evelyn is completely different from all the women I have dated in the past - they were tall and blondes whereas my Evelyn is short (barely reaches my shoulder) and is a brunette and to me, she looks like "a fairy" which is also the first thought I had when I first saw her and since then "fairy" has become a nickname from me for her.

My friends Dan, Jacob, and Ryan(all 28) always seemed to dislike Evelyn especially Dan saying she wasn't my type but I always brushed it aside thinking they were just confused but as they saw how serious I had gotten with her giving that my past relationships lasted less than a year - The insults and cheating accusations became frequent and I even went 5 months without talking to them until they apologized. They were also always nice to her and didn't show any sign of hatred so she never knew about this.

Since Covid restrictions have been lifted in my country I invited all my friends to a restaurant to give them the news of our engagement and pregnancy. Evelyn and I arrived early and were sitting when our friends entered so they didn't notice the bump she had. We all sat down and the conversation was going smoothly but I did notice Dan getting too drunk so my brother who knows about the news casually asked: "So what's the special occasion?" To which I smiled brightly and showed our rings to everyone and announcing our engagement and also about the baby and the chaos unfolded.

Dan suddenly threw his glass on the floor screamed "You loving slut!" pointing at my Evelyn which had us all taken back. Jacob tried to hold him back but he kept spouting profanities and saying "You can't have his child!" "The loving Fairy is pregnant" and "How loving dare you?" until the restaurant kicked us out - I was soo shocked I couldn't even process anything so me and Evelyn just left while she cried the entire way home.

I'm now learning that Dan had a thing for Evelyn ever since I introduced her and he always hoped I would break up with her so he could have her which is why he always bad-mouthed her while we were dating but the most shocking thing which I learned was all of my friends (especially Jacob and Ryan) helped Dan or either knew about it and didn't tell me so in a rage I disinvited everyone from my wedding and it has been a month since this happened. My parents, my sisters and close relatives keep pressurizing me to invite my friends (Dan Excluded) to the wedding.

Since the wedding is approaching my parents called me an rear end in a top hat for not inviting any of my friends and now even I'm reconsidering everything since all of my friends did apologize but at the same time they completely broke my trust and almost made me lose the woman I love so AITA for disinviting "all" of my friends from my wedding?

"A true friend stabs you in the front."
—Oscar Wilde

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Quackles posted:

"A true friend stabs you in the front."
—Oscar Wilde

Them backing up Dan shows who they really think is the core of the group. OP just found out he's the hanger-on to the real group.

Like this

quote:

Not only did they hide the fact that Dan had feelings for Evelyn they also would make up lies about my fiance along with Dan and would always have something bad to say about her from saying she is cheating on me or saying she is a gold digger - the list goes on and on and this was also the reason why I had gone NC with for 5 months after which they never trash-talked again so I thought everything was okay

That's not forgivable behavior in the slightest. I could see giving them a pass if they just complained and didn't like her, but trying to convince someone they are being cheated on when you know its a lie is psychological abuse.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
He (28M) called off his engagement after I (27F) saved his life.

quote:

I met my boyfriend when I found him barely conscious in a wrecked car. While we waited for help to arrive, I started rambling because I didn’t want him to lose consciousness. After the ambulance took him away, I kept wondering if he was okay, but I had no way to find out.

He ended up finding me on Facebook 3 months later. Despite the weird start, our relationship has been going really well. We’re extremely different but it seems to work for us.

2 days ago, I received a message from a woman who claimed to be his fiancée from before the accident. She accused us of having an affair and told me I ruined her life. I knew he was engaged at one time and that it ended, but I didn’t know it ended so recently after we met.
I asked him and he told me that he ended it after I saved him because it wasn’t right for him to marry her when all he could think of was a different woman. He did say there was no overlap between our relationship and theirs, he said he didn’t even reach out to me until they had been broken up for a month.

The purpose of the post and what I need advice for is that she’s now asking me to meet up with her so she can get closure/compare notes. I don’t know if I should.

Any advice?

TL;DR – My boyfriend broke up with his ex-fiancée after I saved his life. She’s accusing us of having an affair and wants to meet up so I can give her closure.

Well yeah if that was three months ago I can see his ex fiancée being ups-

Extremely important info from OP in a comment:

quote:

We’ve been official for 4 months but we’ve been speaking for over a year.

Well this makes it much worse.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

Thumbtacks posted:

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this timeline. So she found the accident, he found her on FB 3 months later. They've been speaking for over a year, so the accident was in May at the latest last year? And they've been together since January? It doesn't sound like (as long as the bf is being honest) there was any cheating involved since he broke up with his fiancee two months after the accident.

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

Evil Willow posted:

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this timeline. So she found the accident, he found her on FB 3 months later. They've been speaking for over a year, so the accident was in May at the latest last year? And they've been together since January? It doesn't sound like (as long as the bf is being honest) there was any cheating involved since he broke up with his fiancee two months after the accident.

sounds like he broke up with his fiancee, found this woman on fb a month after that, and then they spoke for awhile before starting to date.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Evil Willow posted:

"I'm unwilling to believe my fiancee broke it off because of a fixation on the woman who saved his life, there must have been an existing affair" and/or "I don't consider the reason my fiancee broke it off to be legitimate so to me we're still together, therefore his new relationship is an affair."

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Or he was chatting with her while still engaged and only recently broke it off.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Lol

AITA for not telling my parents the truth about working at a sex shop?

quote:

My parents r pretty close minded and sex was always a weird subject for them. Like when I was a teen they just got me a book about it and my dad told me to use condoms when I’m with a girlfriend but that’s literally it. They told me to ask my health teacher if I got questions. They’re just weird about it for some reason but I get it people have their stuff. They were needing help with rent and I needed somewhere cheaper to stay because I’m paying for my college classes right now so I moved back with them during lockdown last year. My other job wasn’t working out and luckily I found this one at this sex toy shop that reopened that was looking for people. I got the job but didn’t tell my parents where. All I said was it’s a small retail store.

It’s been pretty cool so far. Hours work with my schedule pay is good and I get employee discount (which my GF loves lol). Anyways guess who randomly popped up once during my shift? Yup, my mom. We literally looked at eachother like we just got caught red handed. She walked in saw me then panicked and walked out. It’s not something anyone likes to think about when it comes to their parents so it was awkward af for me. My coworker said it happens when we run into people we know.

My mom was ignoring me when I got home then when we were alone she loving went off on me for lying about where I worked and she never would’ve gone if she knew I worked there. She also asked me not to tell my dad and she’s just mad at me now for putting her in an awkward position. But I said since they’re so weird about sex talk in general that I just didn’t mention where I worked so they won’t get weird about that too.

She’s still ignoring me, my dad poor guy has no idea why we’re not talking to eachother like normal and I’m not sure if maybe I was TA for not being honest about it in the first place.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
AITA for asking my half sister not to have my dad walk her down the aisle?

quote:

Before my mom and dad married my mom was in a relationship with another man that produced a daughter, "Mary". They broke up shortly after Mary was born and within six months our mom had married my dad. They've been married for nearly 30 years and share four children (myself plus 3).

Mary is close with our sisters and brother but she and I have never really gotten along. We're just different personalities and see little of each other so as to remain civil when we are together. We both became engaged to marry around the same time.
My dad has always loved Mary and viewed her as one of his kids, despite Mary having her own loving dad. Mary's dad battled cancer at various times of his life and unfortunately he died when Mary was 20. I suppose I've always been a little jealous that my dad has always viewed Mary as his child and she got the love of three parents. My dad has often said that part of falling in love with our mom was aided by baby Mary.

I understand that a stepfather can love a stepchild just as much as a biological child but factually I am my father's oldest child, his first daughter, and I always thought that I would be the first child he walked down the aisle, the first daughter he shared a father-daughter dance with. I've always thought that I am entitled to this as the first daughter and first child.
Mary has mentioned in our family Zoom chats that she's considering asking my dad to do the fatherly tasks at her wedding (walking down the aisle, giving her away, father-daughter dance) but she might also ask our brother, or one of her uncles from her dad's side, who she's very close to. After that chat I called her to talk privately and asked her not to have my dad walk her down the aisle. I explained everything as I have above, apologized to her that her father can't be here, but my dad is not her dad and I can never get back any of those firsts if she takes them. I pointed out that despite Mary not being his real child my dad saw her first words, her first steps, her first everything because he's been in her life since she was less than a year old, and when I came along none of those things were as special to my dad as they should have been, and he refers to me as his second child. FWIW, Mary has never considered my dad anything more than a stepfather. They get along well, they love each other, but Mary has always been clear that her dad was her dad and my dad was her stepdad.

Mary was incredibly offended by my request and called me a few choice names and logged off. She is now ignoring my calls and texts as I try to further explain. She obviously told our mom and my dad because my dad sent me a text telling me that he was disappointed in me and that families come in all shapes and sizes. It was never my intent to hurt anyone, but I feel very strongly about this and had to speak up or regret it. Was I an rear end in a top hat?

EDIT: WHOEVER REPORTED ME TO THE REDDIT CRISIS PEOPLE, THAT'S A SICK THING TO DO. THAT BUTTON SHOULD NOT BE ABUSED. YOU HAVE NO IDEA IF IT MIGHT ACTUALLY SEND SOMEONE OVER THE EDGE RECEIVING IT.

Bonus comments:

quote:

For the love of God...I think I might be "Mary", because this is literally what is happening with myself and my sister, Lucy. When our brother said that someone on AITA was posting something that was eerily similar to the fight going on I thought he was joking, but obviously he is not.

Hey all, I am "Mary", the aforementioned half-sister. I even resurrected my old account just to comment here. Lucy, stop blasting family problems on the internet, you've already taken this to Facebook and you're texting all of mom's family, you need to stop. You aren't even actually engaged to Hunter yet, you've only been together for a few months. You know Seth and I have been together for seven years.

Seriously, you've always been irrational but this is absolutely ridiculous. You need to take this post down and stop telling a half-skewed version of facts.

If anyone would like to know the parts of the story that she is leaving out feel free to message me or comment here. There's a lot more going on here than my sister is letting on. I'm sorry, everyone, you're investing yourselves in a half-baked drama without all the facts.
My sister has always done this. I'm so sorry she's brought you all into it. I'm sorry.

Edit: I hope I've helped clear this thing up a little. At least, you have the rare opportunity to see the other side of the argument. I'm glad my brother subs AITA and saw this when he was sorting by new. Normally he scrolls past anything dealing with weddings but he said this one sort of hit home because of what's going on and he knew it was us from reading it. I'm going to go away now, I'm tired, I've got to work in the morning. I hope this has been helpful to some. Thanks, everyone, for listening. Good night.

Lucy...,get help. Love you.

OP:

quote:

Grace, go away.

quote:

INFO: Are you, like, 12 and addicted to Disney princess movies?
OP:

quote:

I'm 25 and what's wrong with loving Disney movies?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

ibntumart posted:

Bonus comments:
OP:

OP:

Holy poo poo I love the internet

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Thumbtacks posted:

I think you misunderstood what the three months was. It was three months after the accident that he found her, not that he broke up with the fiance three months ago.

ibntumart posted:

Bonus comments:
OP:

OP:

also sorry, is she saying that reporting someone as In Crisis will... push them over the edge to suicide or something? The hell?

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 29, 2021

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

ibntumart posted:

Another quote from one of "Mary"'s posts in the thread:

quote:

Lucy also told me that if I want a dad to walk me down the aisle then I should consider investing in a shovel or a backhoe and hoping the human decay process isn't too far along. Yep.

It's pretty clear why people were reporting her as someone who might be in crisis.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
My (29F) Boyfriend (26M) said my showering habits are a dealbreaker

quote:

We’ve been together for almost six years. We live separately, mainly due to work schedules and traveling for work but we see each other very often. We spent this past weekend together. On Tuesday an off hand comment about me needing to wash my hair turned into this whole issue about my showering.

I typically shower every other day, unless I’m overly sweaty, been outside a lot, etc. he typically showers daily because of his work, he sweats a lot, etc. During the summer I will typically shower daily, as well.

Over the weekend I showered on Saturday. He did as well. Neither of us showered on Sunday. He showered Monday morning before work. My plan was to shower Monday afternoon/evening after doing some things around the house, however I didn’t because I was hurting (I’m 5 months pregnant) in my lower back pretty bad. I showered on Tuesday when the whole issue became an issue.

Since Tuesday he has told me that me not showering daily is a dealbreaker. That “as a woman I should do better” “if I don’t care that much about my drat self to see his point I don’t know what the gently caress to tell you”.

I honestly do not understand the issue here. Am I gross? Should I shower every day? Is this really that big of a deal? Some insight would be great.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Invisible Clergy posted:

Any metropolitan area, but even setting that aside, there are an awful lot of bots on those sites.

My experience in a metro area is once I had swiped 200-300 it started showing people 80-100km away and the same people as before, 100000 would take years to add up even if I swiped 100 a day.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Midnight Voyager posted:

also sorry, is she saying that reporting someone as In Crisis will... push them over the edge to suicide or something? The hell?

I assume the "Reddit Crisis People" is like a SWAT team composed entirely of registered sex offenders

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 29, 2021

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

deety posted:

It's pretty clear why people were reporting her as someone who might be in crisis.

I'm surprised this is the first time OP has reported or reacted to being reported that way in all of my reading these threads.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

ibntumart posted:

Bonus comments:
OP:

OP:

If this is the half-skewed version that's supposed to make OP look good, then the actual events must be even worse :psyduck:

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for keeping my teenage daughter’s cat after I found out she’s moving out behind my back?

quote:

My 18 year old daughter is about to graduate high school in 13 days. She works outside of school, she’s been taking up a lot of shifts lately. She’s very good with her money and doesn’t spend it on unnecessary things, she’s responsible. I think she can make irrational decisions; she’s not going to college, she’s hung up on the idea of becoming a tattoo apprentice while she works at the fast food place she works at now.

I’ve noticed little things disappearing from her room, her books are gone, a small salt lamp in her room is gone from her desk, and she took off anything that was on her walls. When she came home from work, I casually asked if she took her stuff down or if she’s rearranging her room, and she said yes. Then later in the week I noticed more things missing, and the most obvious was half of her closet gone, she took nearly all her clothes out. Right then I knew something wasn’t right, so I confronted her about it. I told her I wanted the truth as to why her things were gone.

She admitted that she got an apartment. When I asked why, she said that it was inevitable and that she needs to have her own space. I think what could be part of the reason she is leaving is because I smoke marijuana in our current apartment, which is illegal and could get us evicted since the property owner inspects the place as it’s an apartment complex. She expressed this concern to me before since she’s on the lease and pays the rent. I’m still the adult and she doesn’t get to tell me what I can and can’t do.

I couldn’t believe she got an apartment at her age, no roommates, all on her own. I told her she’s not going anywhere, she’s still the child, she’s in school, I have responsibility over her. She said that she will be moving out and that she doesn’t need my approval and that this was why she didn’t tell me in the first place. I said to her that she’s not bringing her car if she were to move out at this age, and she was furious and said that I have two others, one of which I’m putting down “for no reason” and that I’m not equipped to take care of animals. She’s a child who thinks she can handle things, I told her she doesn’t even know how good she has it. She ended off and said “You know what, I don’t even care. Enjoy living off my dad’s child support and having all the work around the house now that you don’t have me to do all the work for you”.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Evil Willow posted:

My (29F) Boyfriend (26M) said my showering habits are a dealbreaker

:lol: someone force this man to go through the routine of washing and drying and styling long hair every goddamn day and see how big he is on showering daily if you're not getting meaningfully dirty.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

coronatae posted:

:lol: someone force this man to go through the routine of washing and drying and styling long hair every goddamn day and see how big he is on showering daily if you're not getting meaningfully dirty.
Shower caps exist. In a short post where half of it spent saying "I shower regularly, definitely, just not this week," there's no way to tell if she's being honest and he has exacting standards or if she's a smelly golem who showers twice a week and he understandably can't stand it anymore. The whole "together six years, living separately, 5 months pregnant" thing isn't doing either of them any favours.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Shower caps and also just a hair tie or also just don't soak and shampoo the hair. If you WFM and ain't encountering other people, whatever, but idk seems pretty regular to shower if you're going to be in close smelling distance of others. At the very least, for people who don't use bidets, wash ya rear end once a day, surely is a fair thing to ask?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for not engaging with my friend about my job anymore?

quote:

I have a friend group since high school. We have kept in close touch for a decade despite being in different schools and now, in different careers. My career is medicine - I am currently still in training as a resident which means that I am a doctor (graduated medical school) but am getting training before practicing independently. My friend works in business. We have both always been politically aware and generally politically aligned.

However, I've been having issues with her criticizing the entirety of medicine to me. She sends me all kinds of content - for example, posts about asking your doctor to put it in your records if they deny you something, how you should never accept living with any pain because if you do that means your doctor isn't diagnosing you appropriately, some pro-naturopathy posts about getting to the "root" of the problem unlike doctors, the like of that. I didn't mind at first because my field is obviously not perfect, issues with racism/sexism/every ism affect health and medical mistakes happen. We gotta be advocates for ourselves! Sometimes there are jokes about how residents (trainees like me) are so much stupider and more arrogant than nurses, patients ,etc which are more just hurtful. We had some interesting discussions but it has honestly gotten repetitive and it gets really exhausting. I try to tap out and just not say anything but she often just keeps harping on doctors and how evil medicine/big pharma is even after I'm not replying. I've told her before it's tiring for me to see those same memes and rehash this conversation so much, she just doesn't listen.

I was coming off a 26 hour shift when the same friend sent a meme in our group chat making GBS threads on doctors. I replied "Listen, I can't with this, why do you keep sending nasty poo poo about my job? I don't send you every meme I see about how lovely capitalism and bankers are. It's not funny, I'm loving exhausted from call already and seeing this poo poo from my own friends just gets to me." She exploded on me after and told me I'm just too entrenched in medicine to get my head out of my rear end about how the real world feels about doctors. I asked her how she can say that to me when I've spent the past year working during a pandemic and when she knows how much I care about my patients/struggle with seeing bad outcomes? I then said I'm happy to talk about actual issues in my field but these memes were never funny for me especially the poo poo about residents who literally staff the hospital day and night and often work 80-100 hour weeks to keep the hospital moving.

Other friends in the chat messaged me afterwards to say that I should apologize to smooth it over because it's been awkward and quiet in our chat and no one knows if our upcoming brunch plans stand. They think I'm the rear end in a top hat because I could've just messaged her privately about that instead of replying in the GC. AITA?

:guillotine: meme's on group chat all day every day.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Khanstant posted:

Shower caps and also just a hair tie or also just don't soak and shampoo the hair. If you WFM and ain't encountering other people, whatever, but idk seems pretty regular to shower if you're going to be in close smelling distance of others. At the very least, for people who don't use bidets, wash ya rear end once a day, surely is a fair thing to ask?

Yeah but if they are pregnant maybe let it slide a bit.
also “as a woman I should do better” is just lovely.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for keeping my teenage daughter’s cat after I found out she’s moving out behind my back?

quote:

She expressed this concern to me before since she’s on the lease and pays the rent.

Holy poo poo. The level of projection in "you don't know how good you have it" is spectacular

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Khanstant posted:

In the comments, she said she offered to shower every day (because compromise is total capitulation!) and he wasn't satisfied. He was still furious she had, for any point of time, not showered daily.

Her friends and family say she doesn't smell. She's specifically asked people. He doesn't even say she smells, he says it's just Wrong.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Hughlander posted:

There are tons of reasons to bitch about the medical establishment but man who the gently caress wants to stick it to residents. They literally work 24+ hour stretches doing all the footwork their higher ups don't feel like while getting paid regular joe money against six figures of medical debt, and probably giving better care than most "real" doctors because they're not jaded or set in their ways yet. I know so many stories from people that beat their head against the medical system for years getting nowhere and it's always a med student or resident that finally listens to them.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Hughlander posted:

quote:

I'm just too entrenched in medicine to get my head out of my rear end about how the real world feels about doctors

Real world seems to feel they are pretty useful.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

In the comments, she said she offered to shower every day (because compromise is total capitulation!) and he wasn't satisfied. He was still furious she had, for any point of time, not showered daily.

Her friends and family say she doesn't smell. She's specifically asked people. He doesn't even say she smells, he says it's just Wrong.
Yeah the whole post I was getting vibes about him trying to destruct the relationship, presumably because she's pregnant and he didn't want that

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

deety posted:

Here’s some more from “Mary”.

quote:

I see that. I know it seems like she deserves it but honestly, it won't do anything. From as far back as the age of 7 she has had teachers and other adults advocating she get therapy. Our parents put her in therapy but she stopped going when she was 13 and the therapist couldn't do anything about it.

Around the age of 10 our mom and pa and the kids actually moved to California for mom's career, I stayed behind in New York with my dad because I couldn't stand living with Lucy anymore. She was like this as a small child. None of this is new behavior.

I love her and I wish she would get help. She has moments where she can be an incredible person; she's an advocate for animal rights and has saved over 100 animals that otherwise would have died or been killed, she volunteers at nursing homes and homeless shelters, she once raised over $20,000 for a local domestic violence shelter, she's an amazing singer, she can paint, dance, she's smart as a whip and got a doctorate at age 22. She's also just nuttier than squirrel poo.

quote:

Err, let me see, since Lucy wants to air dirty laundry in public, then I see no reason why I should refrain. Its cathartic, I suppose.

I once won a very prestigious local writing competition and Lucy was so angry that I did that she burned a box set of my favorite books.

I was bought a small car when I was 16 and Lucy was so angry that she went Carrie Underwood on it.

She spent the entirety of my dad's funeral mocking it because he was a Catholic and I was raised Catholic as well and his funeral was a high mass.

I did a little acting when I was in my early 20s, never got famous but I got a nice little chunk of change, one role got me a little press attention. Lucy, then a teenager, shared several embarrassing stories and photos with the reporters. Fortunately I can find no trace of any of it online so I guess I got saved.

Oh, my dad, a second generation Italian-American, took me on a trip to the town his ancestors came from n Italy before they immigrated, and Lucy sent me several wikipedia articles on plane crashes.

But, fear not, she's like this with our other siblings as well.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hughlander posted:

People always got the shittiest solutions to your problems at the 25th hour when they could have just given you your 26th hour to finish up. Always sends everything into another week of complete loving bullshit or never getting done at all. Cock the loving hammer at the 24th hour for all the last minute heroes I say.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Flannelette posted:

Yeah but if they are pregnant maybe let it slide a bit.
also “as a woman I should do better” is just lovely.

Sorry, to be clear, that dude is a shithead no matter what in this situation, for a lot of reasons, don't matter if she was rolling in pig poo poo all day(which she wasn't) doesn't excuse sexism or speaking to someone like that.

I was just thinking general about general showering expectations. A roommate before I moved in didn't notice we didn't have hot water in the shower we shared, by the time I said something about it, he just hadn't showed yet that week, as I later discovered that was just his routine especially when he started working from home occasionally. I don't know if he smelled good up close or not, but like, didn't particularly stink generally, living across the hall. If anything, when his room door was open it smelt like dog because of the dog with some messed up anal glands it had in there all day. In any case, since he didn't stank, never had to say anything, can't rightly complain can I. Some folks just ain't stink fast and ain't do enough stink generators in a day to warrant it. Cool, good for em. Decade ago had a roommate who showered often enough, but still smelled kind of bad round the house and left some kind of funky crust on the toilet after using it that smelled so bad I started using bathrooms at school or friend's houses to avoid having to clean the bathroom of not-my-butt-crust.

Anyway every body is different and maybe one day we will be judged for being obsessive washers wasting water and I'm an rear end in a top hat for using our planet's most precious research to hose out my butthole everyday

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

ibntumart posted:

Bonus comments:
OP:

OP:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > r/relationships: I'm 25 and what's wrong with loving Disney movies?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

ghost emoji posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > r/relationships: I'm 25 and what's wrong with loving Disney movies?

So no one's posted Let It Go at her?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Quackles posted:

An evergreen question here, but what did Dan think the endgame was going to be? "Hey Evelyn, I know your partner just dumped you because I and all his other friends convinced him you were cheating but I've always thought you were hot wanna date/bang/whatever?"

theflyingexecutive posted:

Holy poo poo. The level of projection in "you don't know how good you have it" is spectacular

I got the munchies for the hand that feeds me! (And pays the rent.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Gats Akimbo posted:

An evergreen question here, but what did Dan think the endgame was going to be? "Hey Evelyn, I know your partner just dumped you because I and all his other friends convinced him you were cheating but I've always thought you were hot wanna date/bang/whatever?"
That verbatim and then Evelyn leaps into his arms and kisses him while everyone in the Gamestop applauds. Because he's the hero of the romcom and that's how they all end.