Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
knacker your liver for glorious cuntry britaen :britain:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Eh I did 12 yesterday, probably sink another 12 or 15 today.
Ive done more than 124 since outdoor drinking resumed for sure.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I was in the city centre for the first time in ages this morning and it seemed busier than I remember it being pre-lockdown.

Also buskers absolutely everywhere. I don't mind the occasional person strumming their guitar for change, but every one of them had their own sound system blasting over the top of each other. One of them had his mate accompanying on a kazoo. I feel for the poor staff in the shops nearby being forced to listen to their ironic cover of Wonderwall for the 5th time that day.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Everyone's un(der)employed, innit.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
if i drink about half a dozen bottles of ale of an evening these days i just fall asleep

i am olde

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

MY Aldi's just installed a bunch of self-checkouts and it's great :smug:

The one thing I really hate about self-checkouts is bags. It's taken as a given that you'll bring your own bags along these days but half the time when you weigh your own bag, the machine'll subsequently throw a fit: "Too heavy! It's all too heavy!!!!!", requiring a staff member to come and verify that your bag is in fact a bag. Why ask me, if the machine's not going to believe me?

The next big thing is a camera pointed at your bag with an ai deciding if you are a thieving scrote.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
beep boop thieving scrote... detected :siren:

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

crispix posted:

if i drink about half a dozen bottles of ale of an evening these days i just fall asleep

i am olde

Six beers is still a shitload

Any more than three and I'm going to lose my next day completely

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

NotJustANumber99 posted:

im sun burnt on my arms and neck

my arms, my neck, my pussy and my creck

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

just went to set up my pedestal fan and the blades were so brittle they shattered all over the floor lol

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I'm going to do my but on Monday when I have someone else to go to the pub with.

In preparation I'm getting my hair cut by someone I'm not related to for the first time in over a year if I can get to th barber before he shuts... Took a gamble and walked past the hipster barber as I don't want to sit around and wait while tatted lads chat about gently caress all rather than cutting hair

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

CancerCakes posted:

I'm going to do my but on Monday
heh heh,

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

matt leblanc is trending on twitter cos of some friends thing, but every time i read it my mind conjures a picture of matt le tissier

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Hooray! The pub economy collapse is delayed by 1/52 millionth!

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

oh no computer posted:

self scan is a loving godsend. no having to interact with another human and you've got all the time in the world to sort your bagging out

I'm guessing you've never gone through self scan with either booze, over the counter meds from the pharmacy section, condoms, or energy drinks. Oh and the fun of trying to use the drat kiosk after placing a tote bag in the bagging area even having selected "I'm using my own bags" from the self scan menu.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

My wife has just told me she heard our chicken quacking at our ducks earlier today.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

I'm guessing you've never gone through self scan with either booze, over the counter meds from the pharmacy section, condoms, or energy drinks. Oh and the fun of trying to use the drat kiosk after placing a tote bag in the bagging area even having selected "I'm using my own bags" from the self scan menu.

Our local coop had a few self serve installed thus winter in a refit, the self scans are within spitting distance of the main counter so it's never a drama when buying age products, just wave manically at them and they press the magic button.
Kinda helps that its a small town and everyone knows everyone I guess though.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

don't bother with the "i'm using my own bags" thing, just put your items on loose and then bag em after you've paid. and with scan as you shop it's a non-issue.

re: booze etc, you just have to wait for em to come over scan their ID and press "do not challenge" then gently caress off (though i suppose it's more irritating if you're at the age where you still get ID'd). sometimes they don't even bother with that since they can authorise it from afar

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Aye I get that but quite often (here at least) its a long time standing around like a lemon waiting whereas if I just go to the staffed checkout they *blip* and job's done.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Djf had never seen Highlander before and so I made him watch it and he really enjoyed it 💯% deffo ok

I forgot how ridiculous it was, I love it so much

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

it's my favourite film where a frenchman [unconvincingly] plays a scot, instead of the scottish cast member who is [unconvincingly] playing a spaniard

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Ramirez isn't Spanish, he's Egyptian.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Solefald posted:

Djf had never seen Highlander before and so I made him watch it and he really enjoyed it 💯% deffo ok

I forgot how ridiculous it was, I love it so much

It came up on my Netflix the other day, and it's peak 80s. The Queen soundtrack bangs.

The sequels are horrible but I have fond memories of Highlander III because watching it in the cinema was the first time I got to touch a boob.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

There was a cartoon of highlander in the 90s. It was set in the far future and had a lot of cool design stuff iirc

They went through a real phase of making kid-targeted content based on ultraviolet adult IP. I definitely remember lots of robocop toys and maybe a cartoon. There was a Conan the barbarian one too.

I really, really wanted a terminator toy where you could put a plastic skeleton t800 in a mould and pour in pink goo that set to make skin/flesh. I even asked Father Christmas for it when I was about 6 and I think he was concerned.

I wonder how many children were traumatised by watching the original film of the toy line they got pushed by Saturday morning tv

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This cartoon, best cartoon,

Mortals! You defy the gods!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diH8TXZKfuQ

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

learnincurve posted:

UlysseEeEEeEeEes!

I had a video of a knockoff transformers (Robotix) that had a trailer for this and Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors. Never watched the series but saw those trailers about 80,000 times.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

learnincurve posted:

lol the Matsumoto mimicry is unreal.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I'm a boat people now

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

oh no computer posted:

it's my favourite film where a frenchman [unconvincingly] plays a scot, instead of the scottish cast member who is [unconvincingly] playing a spaniard

Dont forger the American playing a Russian.

Film is A+ though.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Spar or whatever wouldn't sell me booze, it's before 10 o'clock what the bollocks?

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

My own bags normally work fine, and most do the booze ID check from the central Terminal thingy so you don't need anybody to come to you

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Sunday trading laws are bullshit.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Gasmask posted:

There was a cartoon of highlander in the 90s. It was set in the far future and had a lot of cool design stuff iirc

The only thing I remember about that cartoon was the bad guy had some gimp slave in leather hot pants

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

It's a glorious 16° here in the wall of corn
When is an acceptable time to start drinking on a Bank Holiday weekend Sunday?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
11am unless your drink has carrots, tomatoes, or orange in it because in that case it’s classed as breakfast.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Right about now, I'd say.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I need to buy a bigger bike because I'm a fat bastard 'heavier rider' and the dinky 700 x 25c tyres are working overtime to not pop, but there's not enough clearance on the forks and brake calipers to just put bigger tyres on without replacing all that stuff too.

are the triban or pinnacle commuter bikes any good for the price? 500 is about what I want to spend

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If you go another £50 then there is the boardman with hydraulic brakes
https://www.halfords.com/bikes/hybrid-bikes/boardman-hyb-8.6-mens-hybrid-bike-2021---green---s-m-l-frames-366230.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Don't get that one it hasn't got any pedals, which you need to ride it.