Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

But let me tell you, the music in Nocturne absolutely SLAPS

Better than Persona 5's music that's for drat sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyaZPC2sYuE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RiHmQcHa84

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Not even worth arguing about an opinion that bad, move along people

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I'm staying right here :blastu:

The music in SMT3 eats P5's loving lunch.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Aloy just looks American.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

The Walrus posted:

Thank you sir, that did it. I didn't realize roll spam was so powerful lol

You're welcome, glad to see it worked for you.

Yeah, the roll is both the fastest way to move in the game (watch speedrunners, they literally roll the entire game when not climbing or fighting) but it's also drat near a shield. They need to nerf it a bit in the sequel, maybe allowing damage to hit on rolls that occur too soon after a previous one.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
I appreciate Aloy looking like a normal human bean

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1398745656441798657

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The only people I’ve seen talking about Aloy’s face looking weird outside of SA are chuds tbh

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It must've been hard to remaster this game on such a limited budget given how niche a title it must be now in the grand scheme of things
It has pretty legendary status for the brand, though. It's easily gonna make back it's budget. The trick with this stuff is always the timing. If it's a good game people will always pay for it, just gotta snag em at the right time.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Escobarbarian posted:

The only people I’ve seen talking about Aloy’s face looking weird outside of SA are chuds tbh

Okay.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It must've been hard to remaster this game on such a limited budget given how niche a title it must be now in the grand scheme of things

was it? it seems like a bare bones port. the only reason it might not sell incredibly is the ambitious price.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Alloy reminds me of the main character of Heavenly Sword, forgot her name though.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Escobarbarian posted:

*Dick Van Dyke voice* chud-chuddery, chud-chuddery, chud-chud-churoo, the protagonist’s face blew up like a balloon

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Lumpy the Cook posted:

*Dick Van Dyke voice* chud-chuddery, chud-chuddery, chud-chud-churoo, the protagonist’s face blew up like a balloon
chud-chuddery, chud-chuddery, chud-chud-churee, I don't like whens a lady's not 3 steps hotter than me

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Out .. side.. of SA??

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

Aloy just looks American.

harsh

Ulio posted:

Alloy reminds me of the main character of Heavenly Sword, forgot her name though.

Nariko was dope.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Escobarbarian posted:

The only thing that will make a person really look like that is the covid vaccine.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

For once it's kinda nice that gamers are focusing on those cheeks and not the other kind.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Lobok posted:

For once it's kinda nice that gamers are focusing on those cheeks and not the other kind.

Aloy is double cheeked up, on a Thursday afternoon

the faces look funny but they looked funny in the first game and apart from making me go ‘lol’ internally it didn’t really matter. it’s a top 10 ps4 game and FW looks like that but more so it’s probably going to be great.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Miranda's remastered butt, Abbey's shoulders, Aloy's cheeks. I love games but man are some gamers extremely weird and find the dumbest poo poo to get mad about.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

If it's the future or a postapocalyptic world, just assume people in that world look different than normal people and move on with your life.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

The Walrus posted:

Out .. side..

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Ulio posted:

Miranda's remastered butt, Abbey's shoulders, Aloy's cheeks. I love games but man are some gamers extremely weird and find the dumbest poo poo to get mad about.

You forgot the vagina bones

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There took out the camera angle, but it is the same butt, and the game now has a photo mode so you can get whatever angle you want ya pervozoids

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Get ready for pages of Aloy’s cheekbone structure instead of shooting and stabbing mechanical monsters

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Arrrthritis posted:

You forgot the vagina bones

Or boob sizes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My PS5 shipped early, now scheduled for this thursday instead of next

Please resolve the aloy's face discussion before then thanks

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah, seeing the capital G gamers of reddit lose their minds over the almost imperceptibly different roundness of a video game woman's face was hilarious to me.

Wasn't expecting it here, but well :chloe:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FallenGod posted:

Yeah, seeing the capital G gamers of reddit lose their minds over the almost imperceptibly different roundness of a video game woman's face was hilarious to me.

Wasn't expecting it here, but well :chloe:

Her face just looks weird in the trailer. It’s not that complicated and thinking it doesn’t make you Richard Spencer

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Lotta goons bragging about being redditors ITT and somehow trying to act like we’re the freaks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the tlou2 weirdos and the hfw weirdos will join forces to complain about someone named "abbloy"

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Cool tip: instead of posting just get stoned and watch Stop Making Sense

love,
kilometers

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It was a good watch

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Her face just looks weird in the trailer. It’s not that complicated and thinking it doesn’t make you Richard Spencer

Whole lot of room on the scale between cringe and white nationalism, but go off king.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Blind Rasputin posted:

The only thing that will make a person really look like that is the covid vaccine.

It makes me think of moon face from long term corticosteroid use.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

FallenGod posted:

Whole lot of room on the scale between cringe and white nationalism, but go off king.

Get over yourself lol. I don't even think she looks weird, but stop it with this sad attempt to turn a goofy conversation into some nefarious thing so you can pat yourself on the back.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

veni veni veni posted:

Get over yourself lol. I don't even think she looks weird, but stop it with this sad attempt to turn a goofy conversation into some nefarious thing so you can pat yourself on the back.

:goofy: lmao ok

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

everybody everywhere sucks, instead of talking about the video game lady's cheeks (face or otherwise) let's talk about the fact that she's got a MOTHER FUCKIN' HOOKSHOT

is there gonna be a longshot upgrade

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

veni veni veni posted:

Also this. I don’t even think the face is that bad at all (same with hzd) outside of the one angle with the odd lighting but c’mon everything doesn’t have to be the ultimate good vs evil battle where you’re on the frontlines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

liquidypoo posted:

everybody everywhere sucks, instead of talking about the video game lady's cheeks (face or otherwise) let's talk about the fact that she's got a MOTHER FUCKIN' HOOKSHOT

is there gonna be a longshot upgrade

I’m going insane thinking about how fun all the new gadgets and weapons and mechanics are going to be with the ps5 bells and whistles cranked up on all the effects and physics and ahhhh :gizz: