Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

dynazenon, vivy, to your eternity
in no particular order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Vivy's my show of the season so far just for a whole lot of effort in everything (style, writing, designs, take your pick). I'm also quite enjoy Back Arrow because it's a great self-aware-dumb adventure show in a vein that I haven't seen in years and I really want to see how it ends :munch:.

Super Cub is also up there, just for being a great chill half hour every week.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ive only got like, 2 shows I'm interested in next season so I'll probably watch the stuff I'm not watching this season then, like Vivy and 86.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JSZE1D8uqE

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the summer of cool

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I only see Maidragon S and more Slime Isekai as the main new shows of note.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

My top three are Vivy, Odd Taxi, and Super Cub in some order or another. Those are easy, but getting to a top five or even maybe a top ten would require some pretty tough cuts, as a quick glance tells me I'm watching 20 shows this season. The very bottom of the list is a lot easier to populate, interestingly.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Thunderbolt Fantasy, Mashiro no Oto, and I've lost interest in everything else.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only show I'm watching is Nagotaro so I guess that

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Limiting it to the ones that started this season: Vivy, Shadows House and Blue Reflection.

Bakeneko fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 27, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Right now I'm just watching ZLS Revenge, but once the season is over, I plan to watch the entirety of Dynazenon and Odd Taxi

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
SSSS.Dynazenon, Super Cub, Shadows House, and Blue Reflection are my watches and while I like all of them Dynazenon has overall been running laps around the others by a huge margin for me.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Haven't been watching much in season anime. MHA has been, like, fine, although this is probably the weakest season so far.

I started watching 86 recently and immediately went through every episode that's out and now I kinda regret it because it's so good I want to binge all of it. Maybe should've waited until the season was finished to start it, but that's probably the best problem a show can have

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

fruba>Dynazenon>Odd Taxi for me, and then like half a dozen other shows all hanging around roughly the same area below those lol

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Odd Taxi, Dynazenon, To Your Eternity and Thunderbolt Fantasy have all been aces, and everything else I'm letting run their course before trying out again. Tokyo Revengers was cool enough to make me read the manga so not really watchin that anymore. Also fell down a hole of youtube anime reaction posters, YaBoiRoshi's funny af.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Megalobox 2 is rock-solid, too.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It had a very good start but I think it's declining into season 1 quality now that it's back to the cyberpunk stuff. I'm a big fan of s1 and it's still good but it's definitely a step down I feel

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Vivy is definitely the show I look forward to the most every week. I really can't recommend it enough.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Bakarina S2 premieres July 2nd
https://twitter.com/hamehura/status/1398111793386491905?s=20

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Ao Ashi is getting a TV anime for Spring 2022.

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1398122638954819594

It is probably one of the best football/soccer manga out. Hopefully the production gets time and is decently animated.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Vivy english dub's promising to be interesting; Cristina Vee's voicing Vivi, so we might get English covers of the songs considering she can sing.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

don't remember if anything about this got posted, but the Artiswitch project is airing the first episode of the anime tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc1h8nVrvnk

details on the project: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-05-14/artiswitch-project-about-harajuku-scene-gets-net-anime-on-may-28/.172768

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

dogsicle posted:

don't remember if anything about this got posted, but the Artiswitch project is airing the first episode of the anime tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc1h8nVrvnk

details on the project: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-05-14/artiswitch-project-about-harajuku-scene-gets-net-anime-on-may-28/.172768

Mmm, don't like that character design. The short face and huge wide-set eyes are unsettling for me in the same way as Key Visual Arts characters. I mean, a lot of anime characters have something like that, obviously, but this fits into the precise ratio that makes me go 'oh, that's not right'.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Crisis avoided at WIT Studio after a 25 year old woman was arrested for threatening to set fire to it's office.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Darth Walrus posted:

Mmm, don't like that character design. The short face and huge wide-set eyes are unsettling for me in the same way as Key Visual Arts characters. I mean, a lot of anime characters have something like that, obviously, but this fits into the precise ratio that makes me go 'oh, that's not right'.

looks like a shojo manga style to me

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

psyer posted:

Ao Ashi is getting a TV anime for Spring 2022.

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1398122638954819594

It is probably one of the best football/soccer manga out. Hopefully the production gets time and is decently animated.

Hell yeah. The manga is very good.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

thank you back arrow for another week of blessed anime

though i will say the fight choreography was a bit lacking, i will take it in stride with Bit the Great and them finally dropping the other uh..."shoe"

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

I wonder if we'll ever get an Eliza Villainness adaption :(

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

looks like a shojo manga style to me

Not super keen on a number of those either, for similar reasons. I dunno, I get this is an anime subforum, but there's something about a very particular kind of big-eyed, tiny-nosed face that I find particularly unsettling.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

dogsicle posted:

thank you back arrow for another week of blessed anime

though i will say the fight choreography was a bit lacking, i will take it in stride with Bit the Great and them finally dropping the other uh..."shoe"

Back Arrow was quite hot-blooded this week. I agree the action emphasized the emotions and impact over the choreography, but it works for a Super Robot-style battle.

Also...I absolutely see what you did there. And I do wonder how they're going to explain that next week.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Looks stylish as Mappa tends to be.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Which one is Judas?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

galagazombie posted:

Which one is Judas?

Mary when she finally makes a dramatic move to claim Katarina for herself.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

galagazombie posted:

Which one is Judas?

Sophia apparently.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Senpai's VA from Nagatoro needs some props for all the squirmy yells they manage to belt out.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
What's with fans constantly trying to burn down anime studios?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The United States posted:

A severe lack of sufficient mental healthcare in Japan. This one was mentally unhinged too.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 30, 2021

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
also a severe lack of access to firearms, so they go with whatever is cheaply and readily available that can cause as much death and damage as possible.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The United States posted:

Captain Invictus posted:

also a severe lack of access to firearms, so they go with whatever is cheaply and readily available that can cause as much death and damage as possible.

You've missed the more likely answer; Because it already worked once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I didn't make the connection that "paisen" was "senpai" with it's syllables reversed until it was said aloud in the anime.

I suppose it's way more obvious when written with kanji.