Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

learnincurve posted:

This cartoon, best cartoon,

Mortals! You defy the gods!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diH8TXZKfuQ

This, Cities of Gold and Dogtanian are burned into my memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

kecske posted:

I need to buy a bigger bike because I'm a fat bastard 'heavier rider' and the dinky 700 x 25c tyres are working overtime to not pop, but there's not enough clearance on the forks and brake calipers to just put bigger tyres on without replacing all that stuff too.
are you sure you've got the pressure right? i use this chart: https://oaksandspokes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/bertopresschart.jpg

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

oh no computer posted:

re: booze etc, you just have to wait for em to come over scan their ID and press "do not challenge" then gently caress off (though i suppose it's more irritating if you're at the age where you still get ID'd).

I mean I got ID'd last year and I'm 44. I guess the whole mask thing doesn't help or they'd be able to see the grey hairs.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

yeah I've got schwalbe tyres with the pressure cast in the rubber on the side so i check it once a week or so. its also that I want to get a baby seat on the back in the near future so maybe I need to switch from a road bike to something a bit heftier

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

aww YES finally BBQ time!!!

I've even been sensible and actually put some sun cream on omg

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

I can't drink yet, had to go and quote some patio and decking for Wife's colleague and now I've been dragged shopping.
Guess I'll take the bike out for a hoon when I get home and work up a thirst.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

LizzieBorden posted:

Right about now, I'd say.

the funk soul :sexarse: check it out noow

i still get IDed in asdurs and that reg, they have to ask if you look mid-20s but i enjoy it anyway, it adds something to the checkout chitchat banter, especially if the operator is an older lady

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Gasmask posted:

There was a cartoon of highlander in the 90s. It was set in the far future and had a lot of cool design stuff iirc

They went through a real phase of making kid-targeted content based on ultraviolet adult IP. I definitely remember lots of robocop toys and maybe a cartoon. There was a Conan the barbarian one too.

I really, really wanted a terminator toy where you could put a plastic skeleton t800 in a mould and pour in pink goo that set to make skin/flesh. I even asked Father Christmas for it when I was about 6 and I think he was concerned.

I wonder how many children were traumatised by watching the original film of the toy line they got pushed by Saturday morning tv

That was the last toy I bought myself as a child. Absolutely loved it- it was super satisfying to peel the flesh off.

I also turned out to be a terminator obsessive, though not sure if that was before or after I got the play set. Hell, my wife and I walked down the aisle to the Terminator theme. Which was awesome.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

dragged shopping is an interesting spoonerism

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

You know when you sometimes see children being dragged along the floor face first while holding onto the trolley? Yea that's me

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
haha i love that, last winter i saw a boy of about 7 or 8 lying on his back flailing his limbs and roaring his lungs out while his ma and da stood there not know what to do :newlol:

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Gasmask posted:

There was a cartoon of highlander in the 90s. It was set in the far future and had a lot of cool design stuff iirc

They went through a real phase of making kid-targeted content based on ultraviolet adult IP. I definitely remember lots of robocop toys and maybe a cartoon. There was a Conan the barbarian one too.

I really, really wanted a terminator toy where you could put a plastic skeleton t800 in a mould and pour in pink goo that set to make skin/flesh. I even asked Father Christmas for it when I was about 6 and I think he was concerned.

I wonder how many children were traumatised by watching the original film of the toy line they got pushed by Saturday morning tv

The toy line came out for this but not the show, I had some

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKkhrPr3K5U

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

We learnt the hard way with our eldest. She threw a tantrum while holding wife's hand and as she threw herself on the floor her elbow dislocated.
Now we just leave them and walk away pretending they don't belong to us.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Shiting on a boat, one of my favourite things

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

What did the boat owner do to upset you?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
the :sexarse: bus is comin

and everybody's jumpin

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

NotJustANumber99 posted:

mine is making GBS threads off a boat

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

You never see someone taking a poo poo while running at full speed

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You've never heard of runner's diarrhoea? It sometimes hits marathon runners with hilarious effect.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My lad used to do the “autistic flop” which is basically sandbagging, he didn’t do it fir a few years then tried it again at about 12, looked at me all shocked like and went “the floor is hard” and hasn’t done it since.

I sits outside but have run out of drinks

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Drinking beer in the park and browsing the forums.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I think being half an hour too early to buy that booze this morning is going to come back to haunt me soon. Google tells me there's a garage spar across the field on the other bank of the canal though...

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Went for a roast round my parent's, currently sat outside taking advantage of their massive west facing garden as opposed to the piddly little east facing bullshit that loses the sun at 2pm that I have to deal with round mine.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's cloudy here.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I was thinking about getting some fresh pasta from Aldi for dinner but they close at 4 and I'm still in the park.

I might take the unprecedented step of ordering a JustEat on a Sunday.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

hello friends

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hello Ratty.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I'm hot and bored

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Everybody waves to me like I'm a real big deal

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

i like this one but I think the seat post needs to be vertical to attach a baby seat? idk I should probably do some research first

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

decathalon stuff is usually good for just a simple comuter bike.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/rc-120-flat-bar-disc-road-bike-blue-microshift/_/R-p-311239?mc=8556195

this is probably fine? (if it was in stock). there's loads of mounting holes for racks so you could definitely get a baby seat on it

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

also check the second life page where they put ex-display and returns up

https://secondlife.decathlon.co.uk/bikes/hybrid-and-touring-bikes.html

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Salisbury Snape posted:

Thanks Carlin

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

hemale in pain posted:

also check the second life page where they put ex-display and returns up

https://secondlife.decathlon.co.uk/bikes/hybrid-and-touring-bikes.html

Probably your best bet for finding any bike in stock as well at this point.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Ratjaculation posted:

hello friends

did you sort your stuff out

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I have built (another) chicken coop for the 10 new birds my wife randomly came home with yesterday. And weedkilled everything within a 100 yard radius of my house.

Now to sit down for 90 minutes until I need to work. Bloody NHS.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Salisbury Snape posted:

Going full Liniker.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I've got a decathlon bike, it does the job just fine. If you don't need it for much more than commuting and occasional rides then I don't think you can go far wrong with anything really, bikes are a solved equation at this point.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
running does stuff to your innards, i find after i've jogged more than a few miles all the gas in my digestive system will have got jiggled into my rectum and i just let it go like braAAAaAAAAaaAAAaaaaAAaaarrrp as i run along but there's only cows and that about to hear, usually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I moved house to an area where me and mini can ride wherever we want in this area and always be on the gravel part of the National cycle network without ever having to share with cars, and it’s exactly as magical as you would imagine it is.