Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Remember when Brock Lesnar popped because of foot cream?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kangaroo meat is still my favorite excuse.

Those JJs dick pills admission is a close second

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm looking forward to TJ's return this summer :frogbon:

it'll be interesting to see if he sucks rear end now that the EPO life essence has been removed from him like super shredder losing the last ounce of ooze

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm looking forward to TJ's return this summer :frogbon:

it'll be interesting to see if he sucks rear end now that the EPO life essence has been removed from him like super shredder losing the last ounce of ooze

Wow it looks like USADA has tested him 27 times since his last fight in 2019.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
feel free to toss your suggestions in - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968947

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Mekchu posted:

I still refer to roids as “horse meat” or “vitamins and minerals”

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

i've never not heard my mma friends refer to steroids as anything other than 'horse meat' when talking generally.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Marching Powder posted:

i've never not heard my mma friends refer to steroids as anything other than 'horse meat' when talking generally.

what, you don't talk about how you just need to eat clen and tren hard anavar forget jesus?

Memento fucked around with this message at 08:55 on May 28, 2021

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/chrisweidman/status/1398683051769610241?s=20

:unsmith:

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

I'm honestly kinda surprised it's this soon

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I think it was a BroScienceLife video that referred to starting steroids as "joining the dark side" and that has stuck with me

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

let's hope he walks off into the sunset and we never hear the name weidman for a few years unless it is as a precautionary tale

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Mekchu posted:

I remember when Jon Jones went on Rogan and bravely admitted to having a large penis.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mysterious blue Thai penis water

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

Mysterious blue Thai penis water

Thats just red bull

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mekchu posted:

Thats just red bull

No I actually saw a dude selling it in Bangkok's Chinatown.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Doctors and surgeons are incredible lol

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Ty1990 posted:

Doctors and surgeons are incredible lol

One of my friends is a physical therapist and told me they have people up and walking 24 hours after ACL replacement and it blew my mind compared to maybe ten or fifteen years ago.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

TheKingslayer posted:

One of my friends is a physical therapist and told me they have people up and walking 24 hours after ACL replacement and it blew my mind compared to maybe ten or fifteen years ago.

They want you moving on that poo poo ASAP, so your muscles and tissues don't contract and/or atrophy. And if you've had general anesthesia, they want you moving right away so you don't get blood clots.

I had major abdominal surgery, and they were making me march up and down the halls with an IV pole within 8 hours...

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

They want you moving on that poo poo ASAP, so your muscles and tissues don't contract and/or atrophy. And if you've had general anesthesia, they want you moving right away so you don't get blood clots.

I had major abdominal surgery, and they were making me march up and down the halls with an IV pole within 8 hours...

Yep, same here. I had a couple of poles with monitors and tubes coming out of three places, but it was up and atom. Still remember the first time, walking to the door of the ICU and back to the bed, felt like it was a mile but it was literally 10 feet. Hardcore morphine and remnants of anesthesia are a hell of a drug.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1399473857224855552?s=20

Once again I am tricked into rooting for Woodley against my will

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
There’s an unnervingly good chance that Tyron loses that fight…

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Lmao

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

blue footed boobie posted:

There’s an unnervingly good chance that Tyron loses that fight…

Tyron won't lose, he trains with a professional boxer (Ben Askren)

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Heck, I was in the hospital for a few days for ideopathic Pancreatitis and as soon as I woke up on the first day they told me to get up and walk around as much as I felt like. The IV pole is a pain in the rear end though.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I guess this also means that Woodley was released

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Yeah it's a low key excellent matchup for the Paul. Woodley had success striking in the UFC, but he always had the threat of a takedown to get his opponents to drop their hands. Take that out of the equation, and the fact he isn't a cardio machine and has been quite unmotivated lately, and this boxing match might be another win for the bad guys.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

All of his boxing opponent picks have been unironically genius

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
excited to see tyron back himself up into the ropes and not throw a punch for 8 rounds

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Woodley's got that look in his eyes (wide eyed terror and backed against the fence)

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Mekchu posted:

Dick pill one would be a middle of the pack excuse if he hadn't added he took it immediately when offered while out with a training partner like he was immediately preparing to rail said partner

The farcical pulsing nonsense that destroyed the credibility of all involved was an excellent follow-up

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/rawmmanews/status/1399485304541753348?s=19

Jake Paul is where washed up mma fighters go to cash in their rep for a retirement cheque

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Did anything in particular happen to Woodley? Feels like it wasn't so long ago that he was tediously defending the title successfully over and over.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
it's called the rap game.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

he was never the same after that raccoon got ahold of him

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

After his "acting" and his "rapping", is taking a dive against Jake Paul inside a couple of rounds for a couple of hundred thousand really even remotely embarasssing to Woodley?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
it somehow still would be

at this point i have to imagine he has a humilation fetish

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

crepeface posted:

it somehow still would be

at this point i have to imagine he has a humilation fetish

i mean showing up fat and washed up to get knocked out for 500k is a pretty good gig if you can swing it

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

double negative posted:

he was never the same after that raccoon got ahold of him

Just as a heads up for anyone who may misunderstand this post (I did until I remembered the scene), its actually a reference to a scene in a movie Woodley is in where his character gets their dick bitten off by a raccoon for betraying his gang leader.

Edit - I wish I had the clip readily available. Its an amazing piece of cinema

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jun 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

GTO posted:

Did anything in particular happen to Woodley? Feels like it wasn't so long ago that he was tediously defending the title successfully over and over.

i think he's definitely slowed down a lot and is mentally checked out. but also he became champ by blasting lawler at the tail end of his second prime and never fought a pressure fighter in all of his successful defenses. or anyone who would really punish him for backing up to the cage and trying to do his move.