Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Look, its an Aston Miata. Get it?? ASTON Miata?? I crack me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

One of 4, huh? So there are three more that may also need to be destroyed?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/edmonton/1986-mazda-rx-7-showroom-condition/1569121010

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I think that early 90's Miatas look loving hideous and anything is an improvement. Even that. Also, people asking $10k+ for the stupid things now

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

It's nice, but not $35K nice.

Where do people like this come up with prices? Why not $55K? $25K?

At least it's a 5spd.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If it was white with a RED SUNS sticker on the rear fenders somebody would probably pay that

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Maybe if it were a Turbo II rather than the basest of base models.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

attn: Mr Yenko

1996 Buick Roadmaster Limited Estate Wagon Collector’s Edition
$9,995

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-halifax/1996-buick-roadmaster-limited-estate-wagon-collector-s-edition/1568564698

A total dream package, and likely the best one available in Canada.
If you've been wanting one of these, don't miss this opportunity!

The Good:

173K km

This car has all factory Options other than leather.

-Wood grain delete was actually a special order option!

LT1 Equipped 260hp 350 V8

4 Speed Auto Trans

Tow Pack Equipped

Heavy Duty Rad and Trans Cooler
Heavy Duty Grand Touring Suspension

2.93 Rear End Gear

Stainless Dual Exhaust w/ Flowmasters
Burgundy Cloth 6 way power memory 60/40 split bucket seats

Original Black Paint
1 of 77 Black over Burgandy CE cars built
2 sets of security chipped keys
Locking gas cap w/ 2 keys
6 Speaker Stereo w/ Sony Bluetooth Head

Heated Power Mirrors

1976 Buick Electra 225 Rally Wheels

w/ Black black wall dunlop winters on it now, good for a few seasons

Original 15” Collectors edition alloy wheels are included
w/ white wall studded winter tires, possibly good for one more season
, they're nearly done due to cracking.
Original unused 15” alloy wheel and white wall tire for a spare

Moon Roof w/ optional blinds

A/C Delco Sky Jacker air shocks installed in the rear
1-1/8” class II hitch, receiver and light connections

3500lbs tow capacity, though with larger equipment installed, the car is rated for 7500lbs

Hitch was installed at Uhaul 7 years ago, and primarily used for a bicycle rack.
 Once I rented one of their trailers to move a motor bike.
Factory roof racks and cross bars, plus one spare

Three row seating w/ 8 seatbelts and reverse facing “gunner” seat

Rear 1/4 windows

Rear Defrost
Rear Whipper/Washer

Power Windows and Door locks
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror w/ map lights
2 way tail gate

Fits 4x8 sheets in the back

The Bad:
-Key fob is included but the battery is dead

-Chip in the windshield, was crack sealed at Apple and stable for the last 7 years.

not functioning:

-Drivers seat lumbar, stuck about mid way

-Drivers seat power back, can be adjusted with some minor fiddling, but needs a small part

-Both front seat heaters switches are there and functioning, coil is burned out

-A/C though functioning last fall is not currently blowing cold
-Clear Coat Peal on the front drivers side fender about 6-8” around

-1/2 a dozen or so rust blisters starting to for,
-2 O2 sensors are turning the check engine light on and off intermittently. I got 650km out of the last tank of Supreme I ran through it, so It's clearly not effecting the economy, but a bit annoying. I have a scan tool and can show you the codes.

Always Oiled/RustChecked/Krowned
Original owner was a New Brunswick funeral home,

2nd owner purchased it in 2005, was elderly and passed after only having it 2 years

Alway garage kept until I bought it from the widow in 2015 with 95k km on it and brought it to NS

It’s been my baby ever since, and serviced regularly.

Inspected until September 2022
Needs nothing to pass again currently

Recent work includes:

Exhaust Manifold Gaskets

Rear End Seal and Oil

Plugs and Wires

Currently located on Halifax peninsula, on the road, plated, insured and ready to drive anywhere in North America.

$9995 obo
No Trades

Are El Caminoes also riding the pickup truck wave?

Burgundy and Yellow, a...bold choice

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-halifax/1984-chevrolet-el-camino-automatic-350-4-barrel/1568877903

1984 El Camino automatic 350 4 barrel
AC,Tilt wheel,Cruise control
Call Rick 9028233306 after 5pm
Asking $13000

Texas car, still has Texas plates

So Nova Scotia Kijiji has several really nice, well kept C5 Corvettes for sale, from $20-30k. Then, there's this (okay, it also appears well kept):

1985 CUSTOM Corvette Convertible
$10,000

DO NOT RESPOND TO DEB!
SEND ALL RESPONSES TO PAUL at
GM did not manufacture a 1985 Corvette convertible. This car was professionally converted 35 years ago into a convertible.
170,000 km
5.7 litre, V8 engine.
Automatic transmission.
Does not have AC. Vehicle needs a right-hand window regulator and power seat switch, both of which can be obtained from Mullen's Corvette Parts in Bridgewater.
Transmission was completely rebuilt at 145,000 km.
$10,000.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
There's no reason for that car to exist...it had to be cheaper to just get an 86.

I'm here for it, I'm just not sure why it's here.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

DO NOT RESPOND TO DEB. SHE DOESN’T KNOW WHAT I’VE GOT. ONLY I KNOW WHAT I’VE GOT.

Bouillon Rube fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 31, 2021

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I too like to post my massively custom, twin turbo, road race(?) El Camino with zero details because of course none of this raises any questions.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1047179608?cid=cars-trucks

yes there's a super low res picture of screen with details and sure you can eventually get more info on their website but seriously get your poo poo together you are a dealer
https://www.carsruslv.com/inventory/view/13816424/1969-CHEVY-EL-CAMINO*-FULLY-CUSTOM-BUILT*-1-OF-A-KIND*/

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

WTFBEES posted:

I too like to post my massively custom, twin turbo, road race(?) El Camino with zero details because of course none of this raises any questions.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1047179608?cid=cars-trucks

yes there's a super low res picture of screen with details and sure you can eventually get more info on their website but seriously get your poo poo together you are a dealer
https://www.carsruslv.com/inventory/view/13816424/1969-CHEVY-EL-CAMINO*-FULLY-CUSTOM-BUILT*-1-OF-A-KIND*/

lmao here's what the dealer says:

quote:

>>>1 OF A KIND<<<

TWIN TURBO

COIL OVER SUSPENSION

FEATURED IN MANY MAGAZINES

RUNS FLAWLESS NO ISSUES

HAS FULL BUILD OUT SHEET>>>

TOO MUCH TOO LIST

MUST SEE IN PERSON TO APPRECIATE

SERIOUS CASH BUYERS ONLY (OR SECURED YOUR OWN FINANCING)
Has full build out sheet but no we won't even scan it, it's too much to list! Featured in many magazines! Oh and it's a salvage title according to the dealer.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Maybe they mean the interior was salvage lmao

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
My guess is the previous owner croaked & they picked it up at an estate sale for half (or quarter) of what they've listed it for. Yeah they have all these details, but second-hand, and they can't get off their rear end to comb through it all to give you any more info. They probably don't even know if it runs. Their job is to sell cars and make money, not know about cars, duh! Customers asking too many questions, that's goddamn annoying!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Found this beauty hiding out at an AG auction in a small town near here.

Gonna try to snag it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

It looks in shockingly good shape. I can't remember the last time I saw one in the wild. Go for it!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
93,000 kms, Should be good until at least another thousand before its completely done.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Powershift posted:

Found this beauty hiding out at an AG auction in a small town near here.

Gonna try to snag it.

Why does it appear to have three shifters?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

PeterCat posted:

Why does it appear to have three shifters?

Gear shifter, hi-lo, and 2x4-4x4

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Powershift posted:

Wow that car had everything didn't it?

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

PeterCat posted:

Wow that car had everything didn't it?

Everything but reliability, comfort, and power.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Powershift posted:

drat! So that thing has a low range while in 2wd?

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

$2500 fb markerplace ad posted:

1975 Volkswagen Rabbit mounted on a 1971 Cadillac Eldorado frame . The engine is a 502 cubic inch Cadillac with front wheel drive.

My dad started this "Beauty" in the early '80s and passed away just last year without seeing it to completion.

Yes, there is a LOT of work to be done, but.. what else would you do being stuck at home!?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

drat! So that thing has a low range while in 2wd?

Yes, for ascending even the slightest of inclines with more than one person in it.

(I still love those things)

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

currently looking for a car to replace my 2004 Volvo S60 that was too good for this world, came across this gem: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1045553545980395/

https://imgur.com/a/TDjfpwC

quote:

Seller's Description
2004 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor Mad Max
This thing is a compilation of every high idea you've ever had on 4 wheels. At this point all it's missing is laser beams and missiles. Supercharged 450hp/450tq, lifted, mud tires, freakin solar panels to power a beer fridge in the back, air compressor to air you back up, 360 degrees of led lightbars. You will NEVER come out to a dead battery and ALWAYS come out to ice cold beer in the trunk, even if you don't drive it, it will ALWAYS stay charged. I've yet to find anything the onboard 3000W inverter won't run. Yes the snorkel works, yes the solar works, yes its a lifted mad max cop car. Yes the supercharger kicks rear end from a dig, yes it chirps 2nd on 33s. I recently started a job where I will never be home and won't really need a car for the next 2-3 years so I figured I'd sell this.

There's like $15,000 of stuff on this thing:
$500 Morimoto Mini D2S 5.0 50W HID Projector Retrofit
$130 Marauder Corner Lights
$1800 Ceramic Coated Catted Stainless Works Long Tube Headers
$1300 Stainless Works Chambered Cat Back system
$2500 Tork Tech supercharger kit (stock lower pulley)
$1000 POSI Ported Eaton M112 with 3.10 pulley
$200 New TT pulleys and new 6 and 8 rib tensioners and belts
$80 Mustang low profile radiator fan
$350 3.73 gears with carbon clutches in the diff and new axle seals
$400 new brake pads calipers and rotors last year
$800 Built transmission with all the sonnax upgrades
285/75R16 M/T rear 265/75R16 M/T front (ABS doesn't have any trouble with the stagger)
$100 Aeromotive 340LPH pump
$100 Bosch intercooler pump and heat exchanger from terminator
$100 new radiator
$80 new a/c p/s cooler
$120 new A/C condenser, accumulator, and service as of april
$350 AEM Boost, Water, AFR Gauges
$750 SCT X4 with magnetic mount with custom tune obviously
$1000 Way overbuilt rear suspension setup. Double adjustable with ballistic fabrication studs, nuts, tube inserts, custom machined sleeves and energy suspension graphite impregnated bushings. 1-1/4" studs on lower trailing arms and 3/4" studs on uppers and watts links
$150 ARP Hardened watts link stud
$300 Ceramic window tint
$150 Built and bolted in quick access v-line firearms safe
$20 magnetic phone mounts built in
$60 100W USB-C PD and 2x 18W USB chargers built in
$100 Roof rack from a nissan frontier with a basic basket on top
$300 LED Lightbars all over the place 360 degrees of light
$300 Leather Driver and Passenger Power bucket seats from an LX Sport
$100 Keypad entry (on the driver door AND the trunk)
$200 Wraparound Go Rhino Bumper
Snorkel (yup)
$100 Laptop mount
$250 20L Fridge AND FREEZER in the trunk (works AWESOME)
$300 3x Group 65 Delphi AGM
$350 3x 100W Monocrystalline solar panels
$100 30A Solar Charge Controller
$75 70A Battery Charger (plug in at the rear quarter panel)
$350 3000W RMS 6000W peak power interver (plug in the center console and the rear quarter panel)
$40 Resettable fuse to power the center console, with blue sea systems fuse panel
$40 Another Blue Sea Systems fuse panel in the trunk tray
$50 Police Trunk Tray to mount all the rear electronics
$250 Viar 200 PSI 2.5gal air compressor system with pressure regulator, and output on the rear bumper
$100 Small 500W subwoofer and amp
$50 Generic trailer brake controller and 4/7 pin wiring in the back

The real nerdy stuff (I'm going to keep this stuff unless you want to add an additional $2000)
ICOM IC-7100 all band all mode HAM radio
Little Tarheel II screwdriver antenna
dual band 2m/70cm antenna
smaller dual band antenna that I was going to use for APRS
Garmin GPS antenna for the ICOM
Cradlepoint 4GLTE modem (this thing is surprisingly expensive)
Low Profile 4G/Wifi/GPS puck antenna wired to the cradlepoint

Facebook won't let me put a proper price, so I'm asking $10k Honestly come check it out and give me an offer, cash talks. The value I see in it is the accessories I'll happily pull off and use on my next vehicle, and the exhaust and supercharger kit that will net me at least $5k in a days worth of effort.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Kilonum posted:

currently looking for a car to replace my 2004 Volvo S60 that was too good for this world, came across this gem: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1045553545980395/

quote:

“There it goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

I feel like it's hard not to at least love some of that.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

DoubleT2172 posted:

I feel like it's hard not to at least love some of that.

As the owner of an '05 CV Police Interceptor, I kind of love that. I won't say I haven't thought about lifting it.
And now I know you can fit a factory supercharger under the hood...

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Was looking for cheap cars for my brother-in-law and i'm confused yet intrigued how this has survived 40 years and what brave soul would drive it at 70mph

adaz fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 3, 2021

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
I thought those were just rebadged Japanese pickups in which case that age wouldn't be all that notable, but wiki says its a golf/rabbit with a different body. Huh.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

stealie72 posted:

I thought those were just rebadged Japanese pickups in which case that age wouldn't be all that notable, but wiki says its a golf/rabbit with a different body. Huh.

They last a very long time in the climate that does not force them to rust from the inside out. Few simple parts in a small car with scooter-like power output should go forever

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

They’ll do 70 - it just takes 3-5 minutes to get there. Guy I worked with back in college had a diesel Rabbit of that vintage. It was the slowest thing on the planet, but it would tool around town forever on a tank of fuel.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

adaz posted:

Was looking for cheap cars for my brother-in-law and i'm confused yet intrigued how this has survived 40 years and what brave soul would drive it at 70mph

1.6L diesel with the 4-speed...70 is VERY optimistic unless you're going down a large hill.

I've had two of them, a 1.5L diesel and a gas. They're good little 'trucks' and I loved them for hauling dirt bikes but they are not comfortable, fast or safe. A lot of people throw in a more modern TDI engine so they can reach safe cruising speeds on the interstate. Rust is a very big problem.

Here's the last one I owned, turns out the engine was trash. Don't be me, always do a long test drive and look the thing over closely.

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost

Darchangel posted:

They’ll do 70 - it just takes 3-5 minutes to get there. Guy I worked with back in college had a diesel Rabbit of that vintage. It was the slowest thing on the planet, but it would tool around town forever on a tank of fuel.

My friend had a 1980 Rabbit diesel with an aux fuel tank in the back. He drove from Salt Lake City to Chicago in about 26 hours on one load of fuel and a handful of speed.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

ausgezeichnet posted:

My friend had a 1980 Rabbit diesel with an aux fuel tank in the back. He drove from Salt Lake City to Chicago in about 26 hours on one load of fuel and a handful of speed.

And yet he never hit the speed limit.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

StormDrain posted:

And yet he never hit the speed limit.

Combine a drivetrain and fuel system like that with one of those extreme aerodynamic builds and you might be able to hit 70 mph.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVFQj6Wcasw - This is the definition of nugget.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

From the same BJ auction as Wayne Newtons' Mercedes.

Any idea what something like this would realistically go for? I know original Cords are big money.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1937-CORD-812-CABRIOLET-RE-CREATION-247897

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I hope not much. It's a gorgeous car but not having the supercharged engine is a huge disappointment.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The bid on it only hit $70,000 and it didn't sell when they tried to sell it through Mecum in January.

Legit ones get down into the 70s so i'm not sure what kind of crack they're smoking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

They had a reserve over $70k? Thats nuts.

I love cords. I got a toy when I was a kid (black) and to this day it's one of the few pre 50s cars I lust over.