Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Who cares about Emmerich, show us the pandas Grace sent you!

EDIT: Update on last page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Instead of a path where you don't recruit Quiet, they should've made a path where you don't rescue that chucklefuck.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Have faith in yourself and you too can punch an elite super soldier in the middle of their escape sequence :black101:

Soviets: "Hey, good idea!"

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Volgin's a monster, and doesn't hide it. Unlike Huey, who constantly justifies his self-serving bullshit with more bullshit and can't even for a second take responsibility for what he's done, or even that he has done it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'll be honest, I've never had the heart to, uh, pull the trigger on that choice. I guess this is the run to do it if there ever was one :pressf:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
According to the wiki, Big Boss was born in 1935, nine years before Ocelot. So he's 49 during this game, which is set in 1984.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
fun fact!!!!

tHnak you Goofy

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Huh, not the episode-titular song. I guess no one wants to admit to owning the rights to Space Jam.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 8 - Eight Plus

Time to get mad about Huey again! It is ALWAYS time to get mad about Huey again

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Dan busting his rear end with OSP makes me feel both better and worse for becoming a filthy coward who brings a rocket launcher instead of a traq rifle everywhere.

I'm also realizing in hindsight the fact D-Horse is rust proof is another reason tactical combat horses still have a place in the sci-fi battlefield.

Snake can break all the jeeps he want because he stole them first.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Section Z posted:

Snake can break all the jeeps he want because he stole them first.

If you really think about it, stealing a jeep is like breaking -1 jeep, so it evens out.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Subsistence shenanigans aside, a lot of the music in this game rocks. The Afghanistan alert themes are so good, it's worth making the enemies suspicious just so it sounds like you're in an awesome John Carpenter film. And as much as I hate Huey, this is a real fun mission, I like the extended infiltration and extraction setup with a twist at the end.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 9 - Oh, Lights

We changed some settings to make things a little spicier!

-Trucks can sometimes have a piece of equipment in the back
-There are more foot patrols bouncing around between outposts, this includes going off of roads I think.
-More vehicle patrols! Also more vehicles, tanks will sometimes patrol! Why did I activate this?!
-Starting a mission from the ground will NOT reset my inventory anymore. I got it on site I can keep it :mad: Plus it means I have more reasons to not just evac by chopper.
-Some other surprises that may or may not show up.

Also I'm really exhausted from constant work for this session so cut me some slack :negative:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I like that moment where Snake just yoinks a guard out of his guardtower, I don't think I've noticed that prompt before. Really, I love pretty much everything about CQC in this game, for a very basic QTE it really feels badass, especially compared to the awkward "huh huh HAH!" from the older games.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 10 - Too Big To Be Shoot

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Dan spends 30 minutes beating up children.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Dan spends an entire loving hour accomplishing nothing.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Krysmphoenix posted:

Dan spends an entire loving hour accomplishing nothing.

Hard same

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I aint see any of you turds coming up with solutions :colbert:

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Kick one of the kids in the head a few more times, I'm sure something will come to ya.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Ramp the Jeep off something, I'm sure you can get over the fence somehow.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Worth the wait :magical:

MGSV making me ask deep questions like Can you stuff a child soldier in a toilet?

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Maybe you should try and search the enemy camps to see if they have explosives. Or just dunk the target, that's really the Big Boss-way of solving all problems.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

drat these children and their size and agility! :argh:

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Time for a movable mortars mod. It just makes sense, dammit!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
I don't recall ever seeing an LP I'd describe as "enjoyably dire" before, but here we are.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 11 - Never Ever

This mission would be fairly easy OSP once you hit the preparedness that makes people carry rocket launchers which they do the SECOND we finish the mission cool

Incidentally keeping a high enemy alertness is a very good thing to do for OSP :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
If I'm remembering right, this is the infamously frustrating AI scripting bullshit reliant mission to get all the objectives, right? So if anything Dan deserves an S rank for putting up with this OSP.

Please buy some horse armor for D-Horse

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 12 - Take That, Tire

New session, one I'm actually conscious for :toot:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/I1eqSxL.mp4
Yeah, it's a weirdly disappointing choice to make the buddies shift to slide off of you rather than flattening you like everything else. Just let me airdrop Quiet onto myself, Kojima!! :arghfist:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Honestly laughing aloud at how calm that horse is about parachuting. How many drugs would be required to tip a real horse out of a plane and have it keep such perfect serenity?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Hes very well trained :colbert:

Personally I love D-Dog parachuting down because his tail wags like crazy :kimchi: hes always having such a good time

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 13 - They Smelled Me

Upon further inspection of the footage, the reason the APC didnt veer back onto the road as expected is because the driver was dead. Seems a little more obvious in hindsight.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Danaru posted:

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 13 - They Smelled Me

Upon further inspection of the footage, the reason the APC didnt veer back onto the road as expected is because the driver was dead. Seems a little more obvious in hindsight.

Thread subtitle right there

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

How could you not show us the albino panda?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh poo poo

https://twitter.com/jur_cik/status/1390018175840968713?s=19

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Akratic Method posted:

Honestly laughing aloud at how calm that horse is about parachuting. How many drugs would be required to tip a real horse out of a plane and have it keep such perfect serenity?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergeant_Reckless

Horses don't give a poo poo after a while, they only take fingers.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Nalesh posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergeant_Reckless

Horses don't give a poo poo after a while, they only take fingers.

quote:

The second time the gun fired she merely snorted, and by the end of the mission that day appeared calm and was seen trying to eat a discarded helmet liner.

The world's greatest animal soldier

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 14 - This Isn't Blue Raspberry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 15- It Sucks rear end Being Me

Don't even PRETEND you didn't have a bad time with this mission WITH equipment WITH reflex mode WITH Diamond Dog WITHOUT a heroic amount of alcohol in your system

Alright I had the last one the first time I played this too but shut up