Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

The couch is pretty comfy right now and I wanna nap :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Only 1 bottle of champers left and the drive home tomorrow to not look forward to.

I am gammon all over

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/Babble____/status/1399327084208611328?s=19

delete this cursed nation

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you do it, coward

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Turns out the weird dome I could see while swimming in the sea was Sizewell A. That's probably fine.

Sunday is treat day

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Taps aff friends.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

No offense but anything that was called "barbecue" in Britain was extremely disappointing. Which is strange because you got some drat tasty pig breeds that a Deep South BBQ shack would kill to get their hands on.

Thinking about a rack of Tamworth or Gloucestershire Old Spots ribs in the hands of the owners of a BBQ joint where I used to live is making me hungry.

Bbq in Britain literally just means grilling please dont think too much about it thanks

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

i would eat the gently caress out of that

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Having our bank holiday bbq and sister in law had a huge arguement with her boyfriend before they arrived and he just sat there on his phone ignoring everyone for hours and I was this close to asking him to leave but hes left on his own now and well,

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Britain doesn't get enough BBQ weather for anyone to really invest in it beyond "weather's good, grill some things and get everyone over before the weather goes to poo poo again".

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Speak for yourself. I will make pulled pork in the rain if I have to.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

my understanding that the nearest american equivalent of a typical british bbq is tailgating. at least the types of bbqs i go to

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I use an electric George Forman grill while pretending I spent hours faffing around with assembling, lighting, cleaning and storing a charcoal one. Then I spend the money I saved on meat/plant based products instead.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

i left some chicken in the oven for 11 hours once, was hard and tasted burnt afterwards so can only conclude american bbq is poo poo

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

oh no computer posted:

my understanding that the nearest american equivalent of a typical british bbq is tailgating. at least the types of bbqs i go to

Close-ish, yeah. The BBQs I've been to in the US are a mix of 'Jon's done his amazing brisket' and the standard british 'here's some burgers and sausages, throw them on the grill too".

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

My buddy has a smoker and spends a day smoking things ready for bbq and also they own a butchery and pig farm. So yea. Their bbqs are on loving point.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

My parents have a gas barbecue and I always forget this when visiting and they'll announce they're having a barbecue :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

learnincurve posted:

I use an electric George Forman grill while pretending I spent hours faffing around with assembling, lighting, cleaning and storing a charcoal one. Then I spend the money I saved on meat/plant based products instead.

It takes like 10 minutes to get the coals going wtf u on about

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It takes me less than a second to plug in the George Forman and I didn’t have to fill it with coal first.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

i can't understand the point of gas bbqs. if you're cooking over clean burning fuel you may as well cook poo poo in the kitchen and then bring it out. surely the point of cooking on a bbq is the smoky taste

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

learnincurve posted:

Then I spend the money I saved on meat/plant based products instead.

I love being the guy bringing the plant based meats to the BBQ that don't really cook quite right and require constant attention so they don't burn within seconds, making it more awkward for the BBQ looker-after, this is my form of vegan activism :doit:

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

fridge corn posted:

It takes like 10 minutes to get the coals going wtf u on about

It takes me much longer than that and you have to deal with keeping the heat consistent / going for long enough but the flavour is worth it

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

oh no computer posted:

i can't understand the point of gas bbqs. if you're cooking over clean burning fuel you may as well cook poo poo in the kitchen and then bring it out. surely the point of cooking on a bbq is the smoky taste

mine is gas and what i am looking for is "ability to cook outside". barbecue is for socializing outdoors when weather is nice + maximizing time spent in aforementioned good weather with friends, which the kitchen does not provide. also covid meaning that the number of people who attended made indoors not an option.

couldn't give a shite about the authenticity. i am striving for the lofty standards of "adequately cooked and edible", if more flavour is desired then condiments are on offer

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

oh no computer posted:

Yeah exactly. I mean george Gorman is fine for a quick meal but it's not a bbq

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Mojo Jojo posted:

It takes me much longer than that and you have to deal with keeping the heat consistent / going for long enough but the flavour is worth it

This used to be me but I switched from using briquettes to lump wood and let me tell you buddy, theres no looking back

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

fridge corn posted:

This used to be me but I switched from using briquettes to lump wood and let me tell you buddy, theres no looking back

interesting

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Sudden Javelin posted:

mine is gas and what i am looking for is "ability to cook outside". barbecue is for socializing outdoors when weather is nice + maximizing time spent in aforementioned good weather with friends, which the kitchen does not provide. also covid meaning that the number of people who attended made indoors not an option.

couldn't give a shite about the authenticity. i am striving for the lofty standards of "adequately cooked and edible", if more flavour is desired then condiments are on offer

Yeah this

Fair enough if you want to do fancy smoked pork etc, but I want to be able to do 20 bangers in 20 minutes and keep people full and happy rather than hungry because it stalled.

Those ready to go ribs were loving ace, I'm doing that again.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

That said I want to build a proper BBQ pit to do overnight cooks over charcoal, because the drama of pulling a whole smoking half pig out of the ground on a winch is something that I yearn for. Although I still would have a gas BBQ at the side to bash out bangers, because you have to keep the people happy.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

CancerCakes posted:

the drama of pulling a whole smoking half pig out of the ground on a winch is something that I yearn for
help me get out of bed in the morning then

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

CancerCakes posted:

Fair enough if you want to do fancy smoked pork etc,
i don't mean fancy smoked stuff where you have to put it in a smokehouse for like a whole day or whatever i just mean literally cooking it over a fuel that produces smoke. normal bbqs are usually cheaper to buy than gas ones and surely it's more convenient to buy charcoal/wood to burn instead of getting the tank refilled?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I'm in the cook outside crew, outdoor kitchen whatever gets it done because it's sunny and I'm drinking and whatever.

I'm drunk by the time we eat and I don't know what a smoky BBQ taste is anyway. I'd add that I also refuse to use a gas BBQ without a proper plate to cook on these days if there's anything that can fall apart.

It's just not worth my time and effort

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

although one thing about a smoky bbq/fire pit it that sometimes your neighbours shout at you if they have their washing on the line/windows open

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

oh no computer posted:

surely it's more convenient to buy charcoal/wood to burn instead of getting the tank refilled?

Nope.

The one at my parents is plumbed into the house gas.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Just don't have any neighbours

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What kind of nimby complains about barbecue smoke on a sunny weekend?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

idk but they definitely have an account

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Gasmask posted:

um bbq here just means cooking with fire in the garden

Oh, grilling. Good stuff too.

What the hell? How can you combine two delicious things (pizza and roast dinner) together so hideously?

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

learnincurve posted:

What kind of nimby complains about barbecue smoke on a sunny weekend?

you're the one who lives on an estate where lawnmowers are verboten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Getting charcoal lit is dead simple if you have a chimney.

Put coals on top, newspaper underneath, light newspaper. Stand back.

Coals ready to use in 5 minutes, dump them on the grill, start cooking.