Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: BAGS FLY AT NOON)
Are you a rad suburban dad
No im a city slicker
yes i am a rad suburban dad
goku
Derpies Tuglord
View Results

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Got the wife a new minivan today. You wouldn't believe the amount of poo poo I could haul in this thing with the seats down. This thing rivals the hauling space of a truck bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I've brought home a literal half-ton of clay in my Odyssey

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
My fake grass looks perfect every day.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
The pro move is to have a minivan and a properly sized pickup truck in the third bay for hardware store runs:

drat, kids can’t get in it for a while? Guess I’ll just have to take the dog with me.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I WANT a sports car, I NEED a pickup truck, but I SHOULD get a minivan :negative:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

devmd01 posted:

The pro move is to have a minivan and a properly sized pickup truck in the third bay for hardware store runs:

drat, kids can’t get in it for a while? Guess I’ll just have to take the dog with me.

I’d love a little lovely pickup truck to fly LOL TRUMP LOST flags off of and haul poo poo but I don’t want to pay insurance for one.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
lovely little pickup? Hell no son my late father in law babied this thing for 100k+ mostly highway miles.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Empty Sandwich posted:

I've brought home a literal half-ton of clay in my Odyssey

Been thinking about piling up 20 bags of mulch in there but the wife would kill me over the new car smell

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Been thinking about piling up 20 bags of mulch in there but the wife would kill me over the new car smell

I would almost rather have a car smell like cat piss than new car smell

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Gonna spread some milorganite today

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Gonna need about 6 tons of soil to fill in this sinkhole I got forming in the backyard.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Smugworth posted:

Gonna spread some milorganite today

Milorganite. My dad would use that. Works great but smell covered half the block.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Anyone else’s Suburban Wife gotten really into this tropical houseplant craze that’s going around? House looks like a drat rainforest!

So many drat succulents!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I'm smoking babyback ribs tomorrow* with my homemade slaw that everyone loves but I'll be damned if I'm making the potato salad. We can eat it from the tub!

*Smoker set to 250F,
2 hours smoke,
2 hours wrapped in paper with a teeny bit of apple cider vinegar all over them ribs,
1.5 hour smoke, ribs glazed with homemade tangy sauce.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I'm smoking babyback ribs tomorrow* with my homemade slaw that everyone loves but I'll be damned if I'm making the potato salad. We can eat it from the tub!

*Smoker set to 250F,
2 hours smoke,
2 hours wrapped in paper with a teeny bit of apple cider vinegar all over them ribs,
1.5 hour smoke, ribs glazed with homemade tangy sauce.

This has suspicious electric smoker vibes

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies posted:

This has suspicious electric smoker vibes

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and say propane.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Got my Weber Smokey Mountain. Threw a hinge, wheels, and gasket kit on that bad boy, time to smoke some pork ribs.

Dumped some hamster pellets in the bottom, where's the on/off switch on this bad boy?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Found DST keeping an electric grill using Exburb dad the gently caress off his lawn and property. Can’t trust those Dads.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Got my Weber Smokey Mountain. Threw a hinge, wheels, and gasket kit on that bad boy, time to smoke some pork ribs.

Dumped some hamster pellets in the bottom, where's the on/off switch on this bad boy?

I think there’s an app

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

There’s this weird line that is crossed where I can tell you really do have some hangup with your masculinity and it’s not just a thread joke. It’s not that fun honestly.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 31, 2021

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

There’s this weird line that is crossed where I can tell you really do have some hangup with your masculinity and it’s not just a thread joke. It’s not that fun honestly.

You seem tense friend, perhaps you need a bud light lime and some time on a mower

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Derpies posted:

You seem tense friend, perhaps you need a bud light lime and some time on a mower

This is ace material you should take it on the road instead of wasting it here.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

This is ace material you should take it on the road instead of wasting it here.

TONIGHT ONLY IN DARK SOUL TANTRUMS MAN CAVE (a non conforming grandfathered in accessory dwelling unit please dont tell the HOA) ITS DERPIES LIVE!

Come see the classic bits!

“Whose tuggin!”

🤼

You can’t grill that on a Traeger!

Woah that’s a SQUATCH!

PORCH BROTH!!!!

My wiiiiiiifes cooking

And so much more!

6 hour probation minimum to attend, forums bux only no charge backs!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies posted:

TONIGHT ONLY IN DARK SOUL TANTRUMS MAN CAVE (a non conforming grandfathered in accessory dwelling unit please dont tell the HOA) ITS DERPIES LIVE!

Come see the classic bits!

“Whose tuggin!”

🤼

You can’t grill that on a Traeger!

Woah that’s a SQUATCH!

PORCH BROTH!!!!

My wiiiiiiifes cooking

And so much more!

6 hour probation minimum to attend, forums bux only no charge backs!

Uhhh, yeah about the man cave. My Suburban Wife turned it into an indoor greenhouse. I’m pretty sure the plants control her now. I’m posting from the linen closet, it’s the only place there isn’t plants yet.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Uhhh, yeah about the man cave. My Suburban Wife turned it into an indoor greenhouse. I’m pretty sure the plants control her now. I’m posting from the linen closet, it’s the only place there isn’t plants yet.

Goddamn dude you need to get a guitar amp and some chicken wings and ANY neon sign you can find and b-boy some space like IMMEDIATELY or she’s gonna turn that poo poo into a bird sanctuary for her book club friends and the mini fridge will be filled with boxed white wine and you’ll have to move throw pillows off the couch just to sit. Do it before it’s too late muh man. :stare:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Goddamn dude you need to get a guitar amp and some chicken wings and ANY neon sign you can find and b-boy some space like IMMEDIATELY or she’s gonna turn that poo poo into a bird sanctuary for her book club friends and the mini fridge will be filled with boxed white wine and you’ll have to move throw pillows off the couch just to sit. Do it before it’s too late muh man. :stare:

Sir this is a reflection of some VERY toxic masculinity

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

devmd01 posted:

This is a beautiful truck. I am hopeful that our next house I have garage or driveway room for a third vehicle such as this.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Ribs coming along. Couple hours to go.

Turns out the temperature adjustment button isnt an app, it's these little wheels on the bottom of the smoker. Open em up, temp goes up. Close em up, temp goes down.

I guess I'm an analog man in a digital world.

Got some homemade dill potato salad marinating in the fridge

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Smugworth posted:

Turns out the temperature adjustment button isnt an app, it's these little wheels on the bottom of the smoker. Open em up, temp goes up. Close em up, temp goes down.

Good meat. Good lawn. I'm nodding at my phone screen.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

I’m sorry meat, you dropped too much deliciousness and started a grease fire. I did what I could but you are still a little too charred despite being medium rare inside.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Flame kissed :discourse:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

devmd01 posted:

I’m sorry meat, you dropped too much deliciousness and started a grease fire. I did what I could but you are still a little too charred despite being medium rare inside.

Isn’t meat grease fires in a bbq just an added flavor element

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Hell yeah brother. Hey, are those wheels part of a kit or something? The one thing I didn’t like about the Smokey Mountain was the lack of wheels.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Your Man Cave is now a She Shed.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Hell yeah brother. Hey, are those wheels part of a kit or something? The one thing I didn’t like about the Smokey Mountain was the lack of wheels.

I think a couple companies probably sell wheel kits, Cajun Bandit maybe. The ones I used are just casters from Home Depot drilled and bolted to the legs. $7 a pair.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Smugworth posted:

I think a couple companies probably sell wheel kits, Cajun Bandit maybe. The ones I used are just casters from Home Depot drilled and bolted to the legs. $7 a pair.

This is the proper dad method. Can ALMOST forgive you for not being your avatar now.

Sorry for my toxic masculinity their I’m really just “flying off the handle”.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bonzo posted:

Your Man Cave is now a She Shed.

To be fair, it was never really a man cave, as the toys strewn about make evident. I am truly getting concerned about the amount of plants though. She just brought home this giant aloe that has to weigh at least 30 pounds and I’m not exaggerating.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Derpies posted:

Sir this is a reflection of some VERY toxic masculinity

Excuse me ma’am, but I am a MASCULINIST! :fella:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Never forget: you are a free man, who can take control of your destiny.

You too can reach for your dreams and make steak as your side dish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Potted plants are really just convenient porta potties when you can't make it all the way to a toilet.