Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i plan on eventually making other badges n poo poo too
and for all my badges (including this one) im going to add different "themes" so you can choose from a preset appearance instead of the current, basic "white box with blue border" poo poo

i also made a second app for developing on that i just deploy the dev branches to so i dont end up testing broken features on the production app lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

alright so before i go starting to try and make shinier badges, what else needs fixing
because im sure i havent gotten everything

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

sup hobag

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

turn on your monitor

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

hbag posted:

alright so before i go starting to try and make shinier badges, what else needs fixing
because im sure i havent gotten everything

it looks like if you put in a user that's never been probed it doesn't put their name on the badge. but that may be intentional on your part idk.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Eeyo posted:

it looks like if you put in a user that's never been probed it doesn't put their name on the badge. but that may be intentional on your part idk.

yeah the scraper works by going to the rap sheet and finding the username, and if they have no entries it can't do that
planning on adding an optional "username" box to the form

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

you could just grab the name out of the profile page. seems a lot of effort for people who want to show off never having done anything wrong in their lives, but then adding actual ui to do it seems a worse kind of effort.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

you could just grab the name out of the profile page. seems a lot of effort for people who want to show off never having done anything wrong in their lives, but then adding actual ui to do it seems a worse kind of effort.

yeah good point i hadnt considered that one

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hbag you should go solve that weird chinese intelligence numbers station ARG that started posting again and somehow hasn't gotten re-banned

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Kazinsal posted:

hbag you should go solve that weird chinese intelligence numbers station ARG that started posting again and somehow hasn't gotten re-banned

what

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Kazinsal posted:

jerry is finnish tho?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

President Beep posted:

jerry is finnish tho?

that's not a numbers station that's a BAC% station

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

/dev/EToH

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

too lazy to make the web UI look nice but luckily for me i can just slap a low-effort early-2000s web aesthetic on it
which would be fitting anyway considering its a loving forum badge lmao

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

that's not a numbers station that's a BAC% station

more like blood lactose content

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

AnimeIsTrash posted:

hbag leading the userbar in signature revival owns

i'll lead the "dead webcomics army", i guess

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

bagster you're not gonna get anywhere with those badges if you keep fuckin posting in fyad my guy/gal/enby pal

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i'll lead the "dead webcomics army", i guess

your moose is looking pretty shredded

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Kazinsal posted:

bagster you're not gonna get anywhere with those badges if you keep fuckin posting in fyad my guy/gal/enby pal

pretty sure getting probated on average 1.5x a day was the inspiration though, and it is hard to deny that the fyad posting is part of that entire deal.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

quote:

There have been 2580 posts made by hbag, an average of 24.06 posts per day, since registering on Feb 13, 2021

Lmao

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

:toot:

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

what would you call the rate of change of posts per hour. would that be posting jerk?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Broken Machine posted:

what would you call the rate of change of posts per hour. would that be posting jerk?

delta-posts. posting jerk is average time between posts. posting jitter is unexpected changes between posting jerk, and directly affects comprehensibility of posts.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

I’d just like to point out that if you discount my nine years or so of lurking/inactivity I’d have a spot there too.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Kazinsal posted:

delta-posts. posting jerk is average time between posts. posting jitter is unexpected changes between posting jerk, and directly affects comprehensibility of posts.

breaking new shitposting calculus ground with a discussion of Δp and then Δp/Δt

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

switched entirely over to the bitbucket repo so that should be more up to date from now on
currently trying to figure out how to deploy to heroku from bitbucket

apparently it has something to do with pipelines but i am far too tired to figure that out right now

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
more like shitbucket am i right

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

setting up pipelines at breakneck speed
if this works im going to cum

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

gdi
alright so im trying to compress the poo poo to send it to heroku which apparenly i need to do
so im going this to compress it on the bitbucket pipeline:
pre:
#  Template python-build

#  This template allows you to validate your python code.
#  The workflow allows running tests and code linting on the default branch.

image: python:3.8

clone:
  depth: full

pipelines:
  default:
      - step:
          name: Install Requirements
          caches:
            - pip
          script:
            - if [ -f requirements.txt ]; then pip install -r requirements.txt; fi
      - step:
          name: Create Artifact
          script:
            - pwd
            - echo $BITBUCKET_CLONE_DIR
            - tar czfv probebadge.tgz $BITBUCKET_CLONE_DIR
          artifacts:
            - probebadge.tgz
      - step:
          name: Deploy to Heroku
          deployment: production
          # trigger: manual  # Uncomment to make this a manual deployment.
          script:
            - pipe: atlassian/heroku-deploy:1.2.1
              variables:
                HEROKU_API_KEY: $HEROKU_API_KEY
                HEROKU_APP_NAME: $HEROKU_APP_NAME
                ZIP_FILE: 'probebadge.tgz'
                # WAIT: '<boolean>' # Optional.
                # DEBUG: '<boolean>' # Optional

and getting this error
tar: /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build: file changed as we read it

unsure what could be going wrong

here's the pipeline if you feel like taking a closer look or making a PR or whatever

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

alright i got no idea and its late

if anyone feels like taking a look at it here's the current .yml file, check pipelines and look at the latest build (if you can see those, idk) to see whats going on i guess

it'd be helpful fi the guides for this had examples rather than just "do the thing using this variable we've never explained but we assume you know" like bitch how the gently caress am i supposed to know what youve called the folder youve stored my poo poo in

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

I think you're changing into /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent and then your script doesn't know where the gently caress to find probebadge.tgz.

Either specify the full path to probebadge.tgz or don't cd into that directory (not sure why you are doing that anyway)

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Gentle Autist posted:

I think you're changing into /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent and then your script doesn't know where the gently caress to find probebadge.tgz.

Either specify the full path to probebadge.tgz or don't cd into that directory (not sure why you are doing that anyway)

that didnt work so i tried running a command to find the drat thing and uh

apparently it doesnt even exist
which is confusing because it was literally created in the previous step
maybe i should create the archive AND send it to heroku in the same step? idk

worth a shot i guess

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

pre:
+ find / -name "probebadge.tgz" 2>/dev/null
/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/probebadge.tgz
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/main.py", line 154, in <module>
    pipe.run()
  File "/usr/bin/main.py", line 74, in run
    with open(zip_file, 'rb') as zipfile:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/probebadge.tgz'
riiiiight. im gonna try something else

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

despite people in the discord telling me bitbucket heroku pipelines are "easy" to set up nobody seems to have been able to figure out the gently caress is wrong with this one lmao
if you cant tell im frustrated

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah that poo poo is sucks, use azure devops classic pipelines

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

thank you for merging my pull request, op

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Shaggar posted:

yeah that poo poo is sucks, use azure devops classic pipelines

is that some kind of tool that abstracts this torment so i just tell it what i want it to do and then it generates the yaml poo poo for me
because this specifically needs a yaml thing im pretty sure

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

hbag posted:

is that some kind of tool that abstracts this torment so i just tell it what i want it to do and then it generates the yaml poo poo for me

azure is microsoft aws

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

fart simpson posted:

azure is microsoft aws

ah so completely useless for my thing since im pretty sure this can only use yaml

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

hbag posted:

that's called the devops team