Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
If Jackson Gawn or Weideman could remember how to catcha the ball that would be magnifico

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Go Dees

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

We applied good pressure but can’t help but feel half the dogs had money on us winning

Franko
Apr 25, 2007
Dees :unsmith:

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Crows women's superstar Chloe Scheer has requested to go to Geelong :smith: She was one of my favourite players. Not sure if it's because they were able to offer her more money, or if she was unhappy at the Crows. I'll miss her! Super talented up forward or in the midfield.

And of course, one of the flip sides to the Crows having sole access to the SA talent is that any draft picks we receive have essentially no value.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Saints and Norf watched the earlier game and are doing their darnedest to play a poorer, more inaccurate game.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

1 goal to 3 quarter time and come within 2 kicks of winning with all the momentum lol

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/CollingwoodFC/status/1398535463938400256

Carlton and Essendon won't return to Victoria for next weeks games, they'll be played elsewhere.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Here is a silly petty question I just thought of:

Last night, and today at the empty stadium matches, they had the background "crowd noise" on the TV broadcasts.

Do they pump that out through the stadium speakers for the players? I mean, I dunno why they would do it, unless it was for the same reason they do it on broadcasts, to add a little more sense of normalcy to the game.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Nope, it is silent there.

So they can hear the opposition talking at quarter time huddle, or further down the ground during play.

They broadcast the first game of 2020 without fake crowd (iirc) so find that on kayo to hear what it is like.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Think an umpire in the Saints-Norf spoonfest just copped a falcon.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill posted:

Nope, it is silent there.

So they can hear the opposition talking at quarter time huddle, or further down the ground during play.

They broadcast the first game of 2020 without fake crowd (iirc) so find that on kayo to hear what it is like.

It took a quarter or so for them to start the fake reaction sounds last night I think, they were putting in some background murmur prior to that though

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Saturday night footy: Gold Coast vs hawthorn in front of a crowd of hundreds

Good poo poo

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/afl/status/1398563690928959491?s=21

Even better in slow-mo

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Saturday night footy: Gold Coast vs hawthorn in front of a crowd of hundreds

Good poo poo

Should have stayed cancelled

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Hope they’ve got the crowd noise ready for TV because it’s loving empty

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Replace crowd noise with wet farts

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

“No prior”

Uhhhhh...

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

Replace crowd noise with crazy frog

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Really should be a ball up when this happens. The kick rebounded hard in the opposite direction there.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lol what the gently caress how did west coast give up that lead?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

realbez posted:

Lol what the gently caress how did west coast give up that lead?

Turns out basing a game plan around being able to mark the ball falls over when you can't mark the ball.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Watching stick figure Nik Cox crunch Nic Nat is one of the weirdest sights i've seen in footy in a long time

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Really bad loss for Eagles finals chances. They have got 6 of their last 11 at home, but it includes Richmond, Dogs, and Dees.

Given what they’ve put up on the road this year you’d tip them as relatively safe vs North and Collingwood, but Adelaide at Adelaide, Brisbane in Brisbane, and even Carlton at the MCG will test them.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Blues have been gifted the lead by the umpires

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Is there any reason why Richmond and Adelaide aren't wearing their indigenous jumpers?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

BrigadierSensible posted:

Is there any reason why Richmond and Adelaide aren't wearing their indigenous jumpers?

I imagine the tigers are saving it for Dreamtime at the g Perth Stadium. Adelaide must have a similar plan to use it another time.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Gotta kick goals to win footy

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Oh, Fremantle

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Had plans to travel to Vic for dreamtime and drinking with mates. Pretty excited for it at Optus and will be trying to get a ticket for sure. I hope it fills the stadium because it should be a drat good game.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

realbez posted:

I imagine the tigers are saving it for Dreamtime at the g Perth Stadium. Adelaide must have a similar plan to use it another time.

Adelaide were always going to be wearing it at their home game in week 2 of Sir Doug Nicholls round, letting everyone have the chance to wear it at a home game is why the round now lasts 2 rounds.

Tigers have no excuse.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

masterpine posted:

Had plans to travel to Vic for dreamtime and drinking with mates. Pretty excited for it at Optus and will be trying to get a ticket for sure. I hope it fills the stadium because it should be a drat good game.

I'm def going to try and get tickets, depending on the weather.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Very silly, very petty question.

Do they hand out actual, physical wooden spoons to the teams that come last on the ladder? Have they in the past?

Coz I know it could be seen as overly harsh/disrespectful. But I think it would still be a cool thing for a club to have, re: their history etc.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
No, it's just a turn of phrase.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

We had a morning tea at work last week that involved a contest of who brought in the best baked goods.

The winning entry (a tasty lemon cake) won the hastily made trophy, which was a wooden spoon covered in glitter.

It was very confusing.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Very silly, very petty question.

Do they hand out actual, physical wooden spoons to the teams that come last on the ladder? Have they in the past?

Coz I know it could be seen as overly harsh/disrespectful. But I think it would still be a cool thing for a club to have, re: their history etc.

No but Princes Park was famously adorned with wooden spoons after the Blues finished dead last for the first time ever.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I run a local racquetball competition here in SA and for the teams that don't make the finals, we have a bottom-half of the ladder finals series where teams compete to win the coveted "horse's rear end trophy" which is literally a trophy with the back 50% or so of a horse on top of it.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/crows-pies-game-to-go-ahead-but-fans-told-duck-and-just-do-not-touch-that-ball-20210602-p57xi7.html

quote:

The AFL has confirmed Saturday’s Adelaide-Collingwood match will go ahead as scheduled but South Australians have been warned to “duck and just do not touch that ball” if it heads into the stands.

The AFL finalised the round 12 fixture on Wednesday afternoon, confirming that Adelaide’s match against Collingwood will go ahead as fixtured at Adelaide Oval in the twilight slot, with the Pies to fly in and fly out on match day.

In a press conference on Wednesday afternoon, South Australia’s chief public health officer Professor Nicola Spurrier said the COVID-19 risk was negligible as the Magpies were already in quarantine at home in Melbourne along with their families or housemates.

The Magpies will also fly into the state on game day, travel to the stadium on an SA Health controlled bus and fly out after the game.

But she encouraged supporters at the game to avoid touching the ball or the players.

“We’re looking at the seating at the moment and of course we’re looking at the ball, because sometimes the ball, not that I’ve been to many football games, but I have noticed occasionally it does get kicked into the crowd,” Spurrier said.

“We are working through the details of what that will mean.

“If you are at Adelaide Oval and the ball comes towards you. My advice to you is to duck and just do not touch that ball.”

SA Health is talking to Adelaide Oval staff about reducing contact opportunities between fans and players and the ball.

Only essential staff and players have been allowed to enter South Australia and they will need to be tested and sign documents to say they haven’t been at exposure sites in Victoria.

Spurrier said future games would need to be considered on their own merits including next round’s scheduled clash between Port Adelaide and Geelong.

“Now this in this instance, these people are playing, it’s part of their work,” she said.

“So only those people who are essential to this game and it’s essential to their work, or being able to count.

“There’s no family members, there’s no other spectators, there’s no other entourage, we’ve got it right down to the very minimum, so it’s actually my job not to make sort of moral judgment about whether football is more important than something else.

“My job is actually to keep this and make this as safe as possible.”

South Australia has closed its border with Victoria following Melbourne’s latest COVID-19 outbreak, but the AFL sought special dispensation for the game to go ahead.

AFL 2021 - No ball touching

For the time-poor

https://twitter.com/stevo7afl/status/1399966204920406017?s=21

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jun 2, 2021

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MrsMG told me about that and I assumed she was joking!