Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

It's June 1st. Free us from this May tyranny.
So we can get started on the June tyranny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

more like fatum iustum stultorum

fatum betula isnt even declined correctly. Someones whole rear end is showing.

Not mine.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Mode 7 posted:

It's June 1st. Free us from this May tyranny.
So we can get started on the June tyranny.

Meet the new king, same as the old king

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

catgirlgenius posted:

worth noting that Fatum Betula is only like, $5.50! more enjoyable than your average coffee imo
what class are you playing! I'm biting in darkmans leveling Rogue for the first time and I think it has the best early-game class quests, though I have only done like one-third of the classes so far

Arcanist! This is the farthest I’ve gotten with a character.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So I'm playing Mass Effect for the first time. I just beat the first one. I let the council die and only sort of regreted it when I read about mechanical consequences for the sequel and I'm pretty bummed to find out that if you let them live you get more dialogue choices. How gimped are the dialogue choices going into ME2 having killed the council? I do not care even a little bit about combat poo poo, I want every dialogue choice I can get. I don't want to end up in some horrible future where I can't keep my boy Wrex alive after doing so in the first one

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Necromunda: Hired Gun is out now, it's basically a total conversion mod for Doom Eternal. It feels really good to play, but there is some jank and improvements that still need to be made.

It looks like it moves like the newer Doom games, but I'm kind of tempted to bite and pay the release day price because visually it looks like Bulletstorm. All the reviews I've looked at are more or less "a bit janky but good enough".

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Funny story, I didn't think dream was a real person, I thought he was a Dunkey bit.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Macaluso posted:

So I'm playing Mass Effect for the first time. I just beat the first one. I let the council die and only sort of regreted it when I read about mechanical consequences for the sequel and I'm pretty bummed to find out that if you let them live you get more dialogue choices. How gimped are the dialogue choices going into ME2 having killed the council? I do not care even a little bit about combat poo poo, I want every dialogue choice I can get. I don't want to end up in some horrible future where I can't keep my boy Wrex alive after doing so in the first one

Letting people die is pretty much always gonna result in less stuff yeah. I don't know exactly how much that effects things but it's definitely a good idea to try to keep people alive as much as possible if you want as many options as possible in the future

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wuggles posted:

when you hit 30, are you going to go summoner or scholar? not that it really matters because secretly arcanist is the best class since you get two jobs for the price of one

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

wuggles posted:

oh nice, don't forget you can freely switch between Scholar and Summoner while keeping your levels, when you get there. two jobs for the price of one!

I have a Dragoon in the high 30s, but I never had half as much fun as I'm doing now. there's something to be said about the choice of "class fantasy" keeping you more engaged

edit: lmao. FFXIV players are a hivemind entirely geared towards being informative

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Every day's great at your June's Chat Thread

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Every day's great at your June's Chat Thread

Yeah this should just repeat even tho it was used idk 6 years ago or whenever

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

New Super Metis posted:

Hello everyone, I enjoyed reading through the discussion on game reviews from overnight (my overnight). There were some very insightful and interesting points raised.

This has been metis's posting appreciation corner.

Here's some shitposting about it then to keep it un insightful

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

lol

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Gaius Marius posted:

that's gotta be tongue in cheek

I don't think IGN's got that much self-awareness

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I decided to try subnautica again tonight since I've been watching someone stream it a little the past few days and I saw that the PS4 to 5 upgrade was free. I had originally only played it for like an hour back when I got it because my super loud PS4 pro was bugging me and games with lots of crafting are kind of off putting or overwhelming to me

I guess I'm still super early and I haven't went to any of the radio signals yet but I just reached the point where I can build a base and it's...good?! It's only like two rooms but the tiny storage earlier had been annoying me so it's nice I can build some lockers

though it's just occuring to me now that maybe I should've built it deeper instead of like 2m from the escape pod

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
underwater bases are inherently cool and subnauticas are very good

i never stuck with no mans sky long enough to try theirs

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I havent played NMS since launch but base building there sounds weird since your goal is to reach the center of the galaxy so youre always on the move

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ymgve posted:

I havent played NMS since launch but base building there sounds weird since your goal is to reach the center of the galaxy so youre always on the move

the game is extremely different now lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s good to build it close to the escape pod because the escape pod has free solar power and that constructor, but yeah eventually you’re gonna want a base that can actually house a submarine

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ymgve posted:

it was very discordant when they added it, and then they rewrote the story so its a little bit less of a conflict. but also, theres like three different main questlines in that game that run parallel to each other so your Goal is a little bit more muddled

anyway, you can always teleport back and forth between any base you build and where you left off, so you can be on the move but then survey a good place to build a mining colony along the way

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Btw, the June thread op is just another Wikipedia screenshot I’m gonna have no choice but rate it less than 5

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I’ve been replaying the first part of Divinity: Original Sin 2 since I grabbed it on Steam and it’s absolutely gotten it’s hooks in me. I think I have a much stronger grasp on how the armor systems can be exploited and how important crowd control abilities are. I’ve had one character die one time and I recall frequently having character bite the dust when I played on PS4.

I haven’t gotten through Act 1 in this run but I know that I can respec all the characters once I do, and it’s such a relief to be able to put my level up points wherever I think would be helpful in the early stages and know that I can completely scrub my character down and rebuild them with no cost later. I can’t help but look at build guides but I’ve mostly just used them for broad-stroke guidance, and having the safety net of being able to fix any misspent points later removes a ton of anxiety.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

Btw, the June thread op is just another Wikipedia screenshot I’m gonna have no choice but rate it less than 5

boy have I got some bad news for you

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It won’t be a Wikipedia screenshot

it’ll be a Wikia screenshot :twisted:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

homeless snail posted:

when you hit 30, are you going to go summoner or scholar? not that it really matters because secretly arcanist is the best class since you get two jobs for the price of one

catgirlgenius posted:

oh nice, don't forget you can freely switch between Scholar and Summoner while keeping your levels, when you get there. two jobs for the price of one!

I have a Dragoon in the high 30s, but I never had half as much fun as I'm doing now. there's something to be said about the choice of "class fantasy" keeping you more engaged

edit: lmao. FFXIV players are a hivemind entirely geared towards being informative

For some reason I’m a dummy who thought Arcanist could lead into Samurai, but those other two also sound cool!

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

June: At Least Its Not May

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

june is one month closer to july which is the month with monster hunter stories 2 in it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

I’ve been replaying the first part of Divinity: Original Sin 2 since I grabbed it on Steam and it’s absolutely gotten it’s hooks in me. I think I have a much stronger grasp on how the armor systems can be exploited and how important crowd control abilities are. I’ve had one character die one time and I recall frequently having character bite the dust when I played on PS4.

I haven’t gotten through Act 1 in this run but I know that I can respec all the characters once I do, and it’s such a relief to be able to put my level up points wherever I think would be helpful in the early stages and know that I can completely scrub my character down and rebuild them with no cost later. I can’t help but look at build guides but I’ve mostly just used them for broad-stroke guidance, and having the safety net of being able to fix any misspent points later removes a ton of anxiety.

There’s an in-game “cheat” option that puts a respec machine in Fort joy’s arena if you want

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

wuggles posted:

For some reason I’m a dummy who thought Arcanist could lead into Samurai, but those other two also sound cool!

The book-wielding pet class doesn’t lead to swordmastery?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Jay Rust posted:

There’s an in-game “cheat” option that puts a respec machine in Fort joy’s arena if you want

Yeah, I looked over those gift bag options but I kind of want a “pure” run so I can get the achievements. There are a lot of good QoL features tucked away in there; Pet Pal for all characters without using a Talent point, faster moving speed outside of combat, resurrection and Source refill when using a bedroll, etc.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

wuggles posted:

Samurai is an expansion class so there's no lead in you can just pick it up when you hit 60 (and maybe some main quest progress necessary too).

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

remembering the bad days of ff14 when there were still job prerequisites, and you'd get people running around in endgame without the crystal that gives them 3/4ths of their spells because they never bothered to unlock it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

wuggles posted:

Any class can technically lead into Samurai. Expansion jobs like Samurai or Red Mage don't have base classes. As long as you're at least level 50 in any combat class or job, you can unlock Samurai (which picks up right at level 50).

Astrologian, Dark Knight, and Machinist start at level 30 and can be unlocked once you reach Heavensward content.

Red Mage and Samurai start at level 50 and can be unlocked as soon as you have another class/job at level 50.

Dancer and Gunbreaker start at level 60 and can be unlocked as soon as you have another class/job at level 60.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

how dumb is it for me to buy a 3DS now to go thru the Atlus catalog for it?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

shrike82 posted:

theres a load of good rear end 3ds games that will never be ported to anything else, its a gamers paradise

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

homeless snail posted:

remembering the bad days of ff14 when there were still job prerequisites, and you'd get people running around in endgame without the crystal that gives them 3/4ths of their spells because they never bothered to unlock it

"i don't have swiftcast unlocked"

a 3ds will let you play the best verison of the world ends with you, assuming you have not already

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yeah, I looked over those gift bag options but I kind of want a “pure” run so I can get the achievements. There are a lot of good QoL features tucked away in there; Pet Pal for all characters without using a Talent point, faster moving speed outside of combat, resurrection and Source refill when using a bedroll, etc.

Achievements... so you’re one of THOSE gamers...

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

homeless snail posted:

theres a load of good rear end 3ds games that will never be ported to anything else, its a gamers paradise

what are the top 10 3ds games worth playing now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

shrike82 posted:

There's nothing dumb about it, especially if you hack it for cheats and emulators. Even if you don't, there's a literal poo poo ton of games on the device. They're expensive right now even second hand.