Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

a specter is haunting europe

the specter of the nintendo switch professional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Help! Capitalism has fallen and I can't get up!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This month I want to get:
Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrected
Necromunda Hired Gun (bought this already)
Virtua Fighter 5 (free with PS+)
Edge of Eternity (got this in early access two years ago)
Final Fantasy VII Remake DLC
Guilty Gear Strive (already pre-ordered)
Elder Scrolls Online expansion (already pre-ordered, out tomorrow)
Scarlet Nexus
Disgaea 6 (already pre-ordered, the demo was really good)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

it's Livia sas Junius month

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I keep forgetting E3 exists, it's just not been a factor in forever

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

homeless snail posted:

a specter is haunting europe

the specter of the nintendo switch professional

lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I said come in! posted:

This month I want to get:
Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrected
Necromunda Hired Gun (bought this already)
Virtua Fighter 5 (free with PS+)
Edge of Eternity (got this in early access two years ago)
Final Fantasy VII Remake DLC
Guilty Gear Strive (already pre-ordered)
Elder Scrolls Online expansion (already pre-ordered, out tomorrow)
Scarlet Nexus
Disgaea 6 (already pre-ordered, the demo was really good)

Christmas in July!!

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Hoping Caligula Effect 2 is good but it seems unlikely considering I have not heard of it before just now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The weekend of June 10-11 is going to be Too Powerful... (for PS5 owners at least)

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

holy poo poo caligula 2 is actually coming stateside? wish we had an actual release date in the US past 'sometime in fall 2021 :shrug:' but ill take it, now i have an excuse to actually get around to finishing the first game on my switch

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

What's the deal with the remakes (?) for the Atlus 3DS games - SJ Redux vs SJ, and SMT4A versus SMT4?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
what a good thread title, thank you for indulging me

speaking of, i beat sonic colors earlier today! fantastic sonic, would play again in several months on a system that can do its lovely level aesthetics justice. tropical resort, starlight carnival, sweet mountain, asteroid coaster, aquarium park, planet wisp, and terminal velocity are all such cool areas, wisp powers are all fun to mess around with and really open up the levels, short gimmicky levels like unleashed had return but are much more enjoyable here and not full of strict QTEs, and the game controls a lot better than unleashed. aside from eggman's canned park announcements, i wasn't a big fan of the writing, especially with sonic and tails, (it was written by some people from some weird looking show called happy tree friends??) but the writing was also very much not the focus this time around so it wasn't a big deal

next up is.........sonic cd! i'm very excited for generations but feel this is an appropriate time to go back and check out cd and chaotix since i skipped over them before

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

shrike82 posted:

What's the deal with the remakes (?) for the Atlus 3DS games - SJ Redux vs SJ, and SMT4A versus SMT4?
strange journey was an original DS game, so redux is just a port with a little bit of extra content and better graphics. apocalypse is actually a sequel to SMT4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My pickup list this month is:
- Ratchet & Clank
- Mario Golf
- Backing a bunch of boardgames on Kickstarter :v:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
gonna get returnal as soon as I get this ps5 and then die a lot

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Playing VF5. Really hope there's a 6. Are all the extra music tracks only in the dlc?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Playing VF5. Really hope there's a 6. Are all the extra music tracks only in the dlc?

Yeah just DLC only. Is the PS4 version available now? I wish it was, although I can still play the original on Xbox One, but will obviously be moving over to the superior PS4 version tomorrow. :P

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

haveblue posted:

gently caress I keep forgetting about this as well.

How's Returnal holding up to extended play?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Yeah just DLC only. Is the PS4 version available now? I wish it was, although I can still play the original on Xbox One, but will obviously be moving over to the superior PS4 version tomorrow. :P
Yeah the PS+ version was available for download

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah the PS+ version was available for download

Nice! Trying to find it, but its not showing up for me. Just the old PS Now version.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
It's refreshing to not have supers in a game like this

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Nice! Trying to find it, but its not showing up for me. Just the old PS Now version.
Try directly on the site, it was showing blank for me on the console store/PS plus screen

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Hey does Ikenfell get good? I have the third party member and the combat isn’t fun and it feels like fetch quest after fetch quest and the story is dull. Kinda feels like they spent all their time ramping up the LGBTQ+ness of every character and none of it making any of the game good. Like it's cool that my first party member is they/them but that and a lovely stutter as written by someone who has never heard someone with a stutter do not personality traits make.

Right now I'm trying to get into my missing sister's dormitory, which is blocked by a special barrier. I'm going to the library to find the spell to reverse the barrier, but the library is blocked by a spirit possessing the door, so I have to find the alchemy teacher who can make the spirit stop it.

Does it improve

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Try directly on the site, it was showing blank for me on the console store/PS plus screen

Thank you, found it! Excited to be able to play for a little bit tonight.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Grouchio posted:

I predict that Cyberpunk 2077 will never be good and CDProjekt has already moved on to Cyberpunk 2 and Witcher 4.

That and also they're gonna buy some companies to murder:

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1399420290761998337?s=21

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I beat up the 3 dragons in EO4 so now my level cap is raised to 99, just gotta get there. Don't really feel like going through the grind to get them back up to 99 after retiring characters though so I'll probably just hit 99 and see if I can take the 2 remaining superbosses out.

How's everybody doing tonight?

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

How's everybody doing tonight?

Pretty good! Just making some dinner now and then gonna settle down for another evening of Kingdom Hearts 2 with my wife. This game is honestly really great! Think we're getting close to the end! :D

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It’s Virtua fighter, FF VII Remake again, and Ninja Gaiden all the way down baybeee

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I played a lot of SMT Nocturne today

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So did they actually rewrite Nocturne’s script or were those screenshots of manikins calling you swole just funny photoshops

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve been so poisoned by modern tv and movies that whenever a show has a profile shot of a character from inside a car, I will always expect a truck to suddenly appear and smash into the side of the car

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I started World's End Club today because I'm a sucker for Uchikoshi nonsense. I'm enjoying it well enough so far, but I will say that it's very clear that it is not a high budget game. The artstyle is fine and I like most of the character designs and many of the creature designs but the main world can vary from fine to bland copypasted assets. The sidescrolling is pretty basic and nothing amazing but it's decent enough to not drag the game down, so far. I like the future plot threads it starts seeding early and it does a good job with some subversions of what you might expect, and it's good at poking fun at common elements from previous "death game" kind of games. All in all, I'm enjoying it well enough and I'll definitely finish it.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

MechaSeinfeld posted:

oh poo poo VF5 is out

whoa cool av

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

2:30am is a good time to start playing the 2017 Prey, right? :v:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mix. posted:

2:30am is a good time to start playing the 2017 Prey, right? :v:

It is always a good time to play my GOTY 2019. Always.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

First hour is stellar, enjoy

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The VG List of Games I am Currently Playing and Enjoying at this Point in Time...& Why

PS5
Demon Souls: It is another From game, which I am constantly wanting to play, but it has the distinct nature of being a true PS5 game and you can see where the PS5 is an improvement over the 4 because goodness, do this game move fast, look great and load instantly. Bluepoint are wizards and if I did not have to remind myself that they ported it, I would think this is a new From game. It is not as clunky as I feared coming off of Sekiro and there are a few things I miss (Bonfire, health replenishing on death, the speed and lack of stamina from Sekiro) but I am having so much fun that I completely overlook them. It feels more 'arcadey' than the later entries but I am glad I am finally getting to play this properly :)

Dragon's Quest XI: My first proper 'I am actually trying here' foray into jRPGs. This is cute and happy and I think that is going a long way for me. Also that you can run around during the wait battles. I went with the English voices and as soon as I heard Gemma's twang of west country Bristolian I knew I made the right choice :D Lady VG and I did get sad when she runs away crying because I have to go off into the real world to find my destiny. That is where we paused for the evening.

PC
Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Kassandra is amazing. I have not exhausted myself with Assassin's Creed games, having only played a few hours of 1, 2 and origins. This is the first game where I have sat down to actually play it and my word, Kassandra is one of the most fun, most sarcastic, most shrewd, most capable protagonists in a game. Not automatically the best at everything either but working towards just having a better life and getting off Kephalonia. I love the environment, I love the little quests, I love the setting and I have not seen a map so big since Elite Dangerous. If all goes well and I do not burn out, I might return to Origins. Though I would miss Kassandra.

Team Fortress 2: My forever game and one that Lady VG loves playing, so we play together all the time and just kick back for relaxing goofy off times. :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
VG what is your favorite TF2 class and weapon loadout

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

haveblue posted:

I'll be waiting for the €20 sale on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Walla posted:

Fire Emblem Awakening, Fates and SoV
The Ace Attorney series
The Nonary games (999, Virtues Last Reward, Zero Time Dilemma)
Pokemon
Steamworld Dig, 2 and Heist
SMT: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers
Detective Pikachu
Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario 3D Land
The Mario and Luigi RPGs

Reminder that the original ds versions are basically 100% better than the 3ds remakes for the Mario rpgs.

Also people listed a bunch of ds games but assuming you haven't had one of those either, castlevania dawn of sorrow and order of ecclesia are two of the best mefroidvania games out there

wuggles posted:

what are you a cop

Ex mod that can't quit... disgusting...