Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

sharrrk posted:

whoa cool av

thank you! I was looking for a good gif of Fang the sniper from sonic the fighters to turn into an av and came across it. I should donate to the artist next paycheque.

It was either this or a gif from alien ant farm’s hit song Movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

VG what is your favorite TF2 class and weapon loadout

This entirely depends on what kind of day I am having but I can tell you that I never play Heavy and I rarely, if ever, play Sniper, Spy or Engie.

If I play Soldier, then this is the second most powerful class for me.
I run with the Original, the shotgun and strange professional killstreak frying pan.

If I play Demo I am doing so to help the team and I stay back quite a bit with them and keep people from getting my medic.
I run with the Iron Bomber (painted haunted ghosts), Sticky Launcher and strange professional killstreak frying pan.

If I play scout I am doing so to make sure our objectives get completed and because I want to improve my tracking and aim some more.
I run with the scattergun (painted haunted ghosts), pocket pistol and strange professional killstreak frying pan.

If I want to help lead my team to victory and keep EVERYONE alive then I run medic, my second most played class.
I run with strange professional killstreak australium Medigun, strange professional killstreak crusader's crossbow and strange professional killstreak ubersaw.

If I want to do a mixture of EVERYTHING above I play my best class and one upon which I get a lot of angry players dislike me and go Pyro. Pyro is the class I am most effective with and will often go 10:1 KDR with. Pyro has everything I could want in a class and does the most stuff that I enjoy. Can be forceful, can be sneaky, can help out, can attack from long range or short :D

My pyro has 2 loadouts that I switch around with during the game and it depends on the other team makeup.
Strange professional killstreak australium Flamethrower is never removed.

Then the other two slots are changed based on the makeup. If there are more pyros than snipers, then I go shotgun. If there are more snipers than pyros I go detonator. Detonator is also great for explosive jumping and tons of people never expect me to jump over them in battle.

Melee is most usually the maul from Red Faction because I love to break sappers on engie equipment. Occasionally I will use the third degree because I like to use the guitar taunt the most on it (really deep and meaty sound :)) but I will occasionally use my australium extinguisher if I want to lament how they destroyed a really great weapon for no reason :(

All in all, as my most played game of all time and nearly at 3000 hours, I think about this stuff a ton :D

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I have been enjoying EDF 5 recently. These are good video games.

I was disappointed at first that the wing diver’s lance wasn’t just a “jetpack into a big bug with a medieval lance” weapon. but once I adjusted my expectations it feels very satisfying to blow off a frog’s weapon arm with my double lance.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Roach Warehouse posted:

I have been enjoying EDF 5 recently. These are good video games.

I was disappointed at first that the wing diver’s lance wasn’t just a “jetpack into a big bug with a medieval lance” weapon. but once I adjusted my expectations it feels very satisfying to blow off a frog’s weapon arm with my double lance.

How could they be a frog? They look just like us.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Acerbatus posted:

Reminder that the original ds versions are basically 100% better than the 3ds remakes for the Mario rpgs.

In what way are they worse?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bowser's Inside Story plays in 60 frames on DS while it's cut in half for the 3DS remake.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I guess I'm not in a ton of shmup circles but I had no idea they were remastering Cotton. Thats a wild series

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

remember to say rabbit rabbit

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Dragon's Quest XI: My first proper 'I am actually trying here' foray into jRPGs. This is cute and happy and I think that is going a long way for me. Also that you can run around during the wait battles. I went with the English voices and as soon as I heard Gemma's twang of west country Bristolian I knew I made the right choice :D Lady VG and I did get sad when she runs away crying because I have to go off into the real world to find my destiny. That is where we paused for the evening.

Very much looking forward to your posts as you proceed through the game.
Gemma is too pure and good for this world.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I really enjoy Cotton, especially in socks haha

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Healbot posted:

Bowser's Inside Story plays in 60 frames on DS while it's cut in half for the 3DS remake.

It’s such a weird thing to remake too; the first game made sense since it’s on the GBA and it actually plays better even if it doesn’t have the weird spinoff energy in some of its NPC sprites the OG did, but it just sounds like the company was desperate to make something and was left out to dry by Nintendo so they couldn’t make a Switch game that might have made them money.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The remakes have been in the pipeline for some time, and the Switch selling this well came as surprise (and it having a big knock-on effect on 3DS numbers).

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

happy pride month everyone

https://twitter.com/atorwulfu/status/1398926342377377797

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Decided to play a bit of prey 2017 and that first reveal's ptty great hey

made my kid absolutely poo poo himself when the mimic showed up

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
It's the 1st of June and the sun is out! Had a great weekend getting out of the house, then decided it's time for a Skies of Arcadia replay. Man the aesthetics of this game are like being a kid on Christmas morning :)

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

tithin posted:

My favorite moment in Prey was finding two mimics and killing one, making the other run away.

When I started to chase it, it doubled back and ran past me, so I turned around and kept running.

The mimic transformed into a gib from the first dead mimic and spooked the hell out of me once I ran past it.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

BisbyWorl posted:

My favorite moment in Prey was finding two mimics and killing one, making the other run away.

When I started to chase it, it doubled back and ran past me, so I turned around and kept running.

The mimic transformed into a gib from the first dead mimic and spooked the hell out of me once I ran past it.

those little fuckers are smart, I also like that they mimic the glow of items so you can't tell them apart - it's a nice touch

I reckon I'll probably be levellign a mix of sci and engineer, I'm guessing you don't get enough points to max out all the associated trees?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
ahhh man what a wonderful in every way kind of game. :3:

Many many shrieks of fear were made by me during my playthrough.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

tithin posted:

You are like the 4th person including me that's playing Prey this month!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tithin posted:

I reckon I'll probably be levellign a mix of sci and engineer, I'm guessing you don't get enough points to max out all the associated trees?

Not quite iirc, but you can get most of the mods if you're thorough.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I don't know if they patched it but there was a way to make infinite skill point items back in the day so if you are a big numbers go up guy you can look into that.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Pwnstar posted:

I don't know if they patched it but there was a way to make infinite skill point items back in the day so if you are a big numbers go up guy you can look into that.

That got patched out, but you can still get a ton from crafting.

Worst case scenario, there's always NG+ for getting everything maxed.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
You can craft so many you can get almost everything you need. Your poor eyeball...

Once you’ve beaten it you’ll understand why the trophies are for limiting your upgrade use instead of filling up on it. You become pretty OP by the end of a normal play through.

Still, everything’s going to be okay..

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im going to play guitly gear Strive. also probably giga wing bcos it son steam now

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I've played 20 hours Yakuza Kiwami in the last week or so and it's been a really great time. Wandering around Kamurocho and meeting all sorts of interesting people and then also probably punching them has been a real treat. I'm kind of bummed that I'm extremely late to the Yakuza party (played 0 last year and loved it and forgot to put it on my GOTY), but excited about what lay ahead for me.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I've played 20 hours Yakuza Kiwami in the last week or so and it's been a really great time. Wandering around Kamurocho and meeting all sorts of interesting people and then also probably punching them has been a real treat. I'm kind of bummed that I'm extremely late to the Yakuza party (played 0 last year and loved it and forgot to put it on my GOTY), but excited about what lay ahead for me.

Kiwami 2 is so much better than the first one in every conceivable way (unless you love grinding Majima fights). Look forward to it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I do weirdly love grinding Majima fights.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I do weirdly love grinding Majima fights.

NOISU-CHAN!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Convex posted:

It's the 1st of June and the sun is out! Had a great weekend getting out of the house, then decided it's time for a Skies of Arcadia replay. Man the aesthetics of this game are like being a kid on Christmas morning :)

Hell yeah.

I just want a Skies port for pc dammit.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
moons, give me strength...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Yeah I'm towards the end of Kiwami 1 now, switching it to Easy was the correct choice as I just want to push through it to get to 2.

It's getting extremely close to SHIRTS OFF time :wink:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Maybe if the Sonic month chat thread channels all its power we’ll get a Skies remaster

Excited for SNU to go on Kiwami 2

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

where'd that poll come from

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Harrow posted:

where'd that poll come from

many thanks

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oops, I dropped my monster cannon, that I use for my magnum gundam

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/luulubuu/status/1399054982037577729?s=21

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i'm playing yakuza 5 and boy do these games go places. this is one of the ones where there are four different protagonists that each get their own act of the game. i spent most of the first act driving a cab and now in the second i'm stranded in a remote hunting village in hokkaido. the first chapter of this guy's section was mostly flashbacks and conversations with very little gameplay but boy did things pick up. if this game keeps up how good it's been so far it'll be one of the high points of the series for me

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Isn't it weird how a bunch of posters I've never seen before just started posting in the past couple days and yet nobody is like "who are you", must be nice