Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

it's gonna be grim reading all those news stories about bitcoiners jumping up to the first floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

blugu64 posted:

*with any purchase

Can I redeem a free Ross and a free Boxturret at the same time?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

gschmidl posted:

Can I redeem a free Ross and a free Boxturret at the same time?

lol no, read the terms and conditions

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

Boxturret posted:

lol no, read the terms and conditions

the terms and conditions just say “gently caress you” and “get out” I’m kinda confused here

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
TURRET
LESS
BOX

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

i got the free box turret, but it's just a cheap chinese knockoff. the ears are wobbly and it keeps leaving strange oily residues everywhere.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

OzyMandrill posted:

i got the free box turret, but it's just a cheap chinese knockoff. the ears are wobbly and it keeps leaving strange oily residues everywhere.

your hammers have never been more thoroughly licked.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Shumagorath posted:

if you don't understand how something works and yet you stick your money / hand / dick into its active machinery then no, lol indeed

the most amazing part of watching the hbo docuseries “generation hustle” was the 20 something ponzi scheme operators who couldn’t own up to having run ponzi schemes even after serving several years in prison for it.

like “did you run a ponzi scheme?” and they reply with poo poo like “not on purpose” and “only in that i paid back prior investors with money from new investors”

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

https://twitter.com/nikhileshde/status/1399709453528748032

I just finished reading this op-ed and my take is that it is a very weird, out-of-touch stance for a former head of one of the regulatory agencies for American financial markets. Any additional regulation of stablecoins is a net good, I think, but likening them to money-market funds misses the point of stablecoins. If people wanted a low-risk investment where they could park their excess cash, they'd... put it into the money market funds that already exist. The appeal of currency-backed stablecoins isn't as an investment, it's as a way to evade laws and regulations around the holding and transmitting of cash.

This dude headed up the TARP program under Obama before taking over as the head of one of the big federal moneypolice agencies, and he's out here writing whole articles on stablecoins without ever once making note of the fact that their only attractive characteristic is that they make money laundering easier. He doesn't acknowledge the NY State legal action against Tether, and he doesn't bother to analyze whether they do or do not fall under existing laws like the Securities Act or Securities Exchange Act. Instead, he just throws his hands up and declares "there is no U.S. legal framework for regulating them". If this is the type of person leading up the American financial regulatory agencies, I think this explains a lot about the feds' fecklessness so far.

(FWIW, the above tweet is actually a bit misleading, too - if Massad endorses the proposed STABLE Act, he does not mention that in his op-ed. And if your only awareness of the proposed STABLE Act came from that tweet, you might assume that the act would regulate them like money market funds, but that's not exactly what it would do - it seems to propose a simpler framework that just forces the issue and makes stablecoin issuers act like the banks they're pretending to be.)

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

OzyMandrill posted:

NO CHARGEBACKS!!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

NoneMoreNegative posted:

https://girlfriend.finance/

I wouldn't usually just drop a PDF on you all, but

https://girlfriend.finance/assets/files/onepager.pdf

their one-pager document is 5 pages of info :madmax:

:females:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Why Don't The Females Understand Bitcoin?

https://thefpl.us/episode/332

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Blotto_Otter posted:

it seems to propose a simpler framework that just forces the issue and makes stablecoin issuers act like the banks they're pretending to be.)
That's the sort of thing the stablecoin issuers would fight tooth and nail because "forcing the issue" is tantamount to going "prove you're not fraud" and that's just lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll (ad infinitum)

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Blotto_Otter posted:

https://twitter.com/nikhileshde/status/1399709453528748032

I just finished reading this op-ed and my take is that it is a very weird, out-of-touch stance for a former head of one of the regulatory agencies for American financial markets. Any additional regulation of stablecoins is a net good, I think, but likening them to money-market funds misses the point of stablecoins. If people wanted a low-risk investment where they could park their excess cash, they'd... put it into the money market funds that already exist. The appeal of currency-backed stablecoins isn't as an investment, it's as a way to evade laws and regulations around the holding and transmitting of cash.

This dude headed up the TARP program under Obama before taking over as the head of one of the big federal moneypolice agencies, and he's out here writing whole articles on stablecoins without ever once making note of the fact that their only attractive characteristic is that they make money laundering easier. He doesn't acknowledge the NY State legal action against Tether, and he doesn't bother to analyze whether they do or do not fall under existing laws like the Securities Act or Securities Exchange Act. Instead, he just throws his hands up and declares "there is no U.S. legal framework for regulating them". If this is the type of person leading up the American financial regulatory agencies, I think this explains a lot about the feds' fecklessness so far.

(FWIW, the above tweet is actually a bit misleading, too - if Massad endorses the proposed STABLE Act, he does not mention that in his op-ed. And if your only awareness of the proposed STABLE Act came from that tweet, you might assume that the act would regulate them like money market funds, but that's not exactly what it would do - it seems to propose a simpler framework that just forces the issue and makes stablecoin issuers act like the banks they're pretending to be.)

source you are quotes

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i can't believe boxturret's old rage-bought avatar purchased by a Not Owned bitcoiner was finally replaced by a rage-bought avatar purchased by a Not Owned bitcoiner

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

EorayMel posted:

Why Don't The Females Understand Bitcoin?

https://thefpl.us/episode/332

i'm real glad everyone seemed to like the idea as much as i did :shobon:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

i can't believe boxturret's old rage-bought avatar purchased by a Not Owned bitcoiner was finally replaced by a rage-bought avatar purchased by a Not Owned bitcoiner

hey now, the old one had a spinning tie that was added by someone not in anger

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

well i assume

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

god i hope this is a joke or simple ICO scam or both, "embrace the new normal of blockchain relationship management" is just too stupid

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Shame Boy posted:

god i hope this is a joke or simple ICO scam or both, "embrace the new normal of blockchain relationship management" is just too stupid

You know it's not.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

quote:

The way Tinder disrupted dating, we aim to disrupt the way people relate to each other and the way people manage their need to belong to each other.
:murder:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Shame Boy posted:

they must be explaining it wrong

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Shame Boy posted:

The example couple is named Caitlyn and Bruce :thunk:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

gschmidl posted:

The example couple is named Caitlyn and Bruce :thunk:

:thunk:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shame Boy posted:

guaranteed this is an awful misunderstanding of issues surrounding consent

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

infernal machines posted:

guaranteed this is an awful misunderstanding of issues surrounding consent

it sounds like it's more "you can sell NFT's that say one of your fans is your boyfriend, that they can get all excited about. but they're not really your boyfriend. or are they?? who knows!"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

like part of it sounds like that premise but then the site starts talking about this:

quote:

End goal is to replace outdated governmental institutions with an intergovernmetal blockchain organization that lets people define their romantic, familial and personal relationships with flexibility that is required in this brave new world.

which absolutely sounds like one of those "haha bitch now you can't say it was rape!" ideas

except this was all supposedly founded by a woman?? man i don't know

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
women can also have terrible ideas

otoh it's not as if bitcoiners don't have a history of pretending to be women when they think it will help them sell something

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Im glad that Geoffrey of YOSPOS granted clemency to Boxturret, I was quite beside myself with grief

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

lol

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Shame Boy posted:

it sounds like it's more "you can sell NFT's that say one of your fans is your boyfriend, that they can get all excited about. but they're not really your boyfriend. or are they?? who knows!"

NFT prostitution. You can buy the NFT saying that we can will have sex, but it has absolutely no bearing on if that sex will actually happen or not.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Non gentlecaress-able Tokens

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Boxturret posted:

Non gentlecaress-able Tokens

Buddy,

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i would like to formally appologise for the preceding post

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Shame Boy posted:

like part of it sounds like that premise but then the site starts talking about this:
which absolutely sounds like one of those "haha bitch now you can't say it was rape!" ideas

except this was all supposedly founded by a woman?? man i don't know
I'm reading it as marriage certificates but with bitcoin but also I'm an optimist

Well lads, time to go home to the old block and chain

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Splicer posted:

I'm reading it as marriage certificates but with bitcoin but also I'm an optimist

Well lads, time to go home to the old block and chain

the site mentions a specific celebrity who's on onlyfans

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Munkeymon posted:

joe rogan!?!?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Munkeymon posted:

She seems to not be there any more. They took offense to her gentrifying the sec worker space by using it as a way to fleece her Extremely Online fans.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

does anyone have a summary on how tether is a scam i can just link to people when they're like BLUUUUUH BUTCOINS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Luigi Thirty posted:

does anyone have a summary on how tether is a scam i can just link to people when they're like BLUUUUUH BUTCOINS

Ask them to explain tether to you, and when they try or they can't or they don't know what it is, tell them "well it seems like you really know your stuff, maybe you could DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH and explain it to me?? Seemed kinda sketchy"