Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

my favorite board game is europa universalis 4. okay okay it's actually "Betrayal at House on the Hill"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Candy land hands down

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
what are you, a sick kid in black and white times trapped in hospital bed?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

my parents didn't like board games so I never played board games as a child. I always wanted to

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
When you really think about it, the greatest game is the Game of Life.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Harrow posted:

Realistically, people are somewhat suspicious of recent reg dates because people tend to assume nobody new is actually signing up for SA anymore

Should they be? Eh, probably not. But if you're looking for the real explanation, that's it.

I got probated for not using proper punctuation once but I think the real reason was because I had just registered.

edit: looking back, it was actually apparently a low content post. But still, I think it's because I had just registered!

redreader fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 1, 2021

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I used to have a good board gaming group when I lived in Alabama and dated my ex. I need to find some boardgamers here, but unfortunately a lot of gamers IRL are chuddy weirdos

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Relax Or DIE posted:

then we have to decide where threads about the board games that come with vhs tapes go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7O5FNDV5_k

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

redreader posted:

I got probated for not using proper punctuation once but I think the real reason was because I had just registered.

theyre

probe my lack of apostrophe, coward mods

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
we have a boardgaming-couple-friends so my wife and I played scythe with them while they taught it to us. The guy was telling us how important it was to get to the center and that we should all try to get to the center, so I tried to get to the center but he got there first and carried on promising to leave next turn so I could go there next turn but it turned out he never left and that he would benefit from staying there so I wasted a bunch of turns trying to get there. Like, ok, I thought he was teaching me the game? He later said that he wouldn't have pulled that on anyone else, he did it to me because I could handle it, or something. Anyway, my wife won because she was playing as Poland who are super OP apparently.

I played another game, carcasonne maybe? where you build a city or city walls? With a goon couple and the wife in the couple didn't win, and she started crying because she hadn't won. I put them on my 'never play games with them ever again' list.

I suppose I should end this with a story to show I am flawed, so here it is. I played space alert with friends and we had a big plan and we all executed on it except only I executed on it, so it turned out one person was firing weapons that were unloaded and people were loading the wrong reactor (or something, I don't know) or were in the wrong rooms entirely, and I got really mad, when I shouldn't have because it's just a game people were playing to have a good time.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’d like to see someone find a reason probe my inoffensive white noise posts. Impossible!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
man I can't wait to drink and move pieces of plastic and cardboard around with people

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

what are you, a sick kid in black and white times trapped in hospital bed?

Lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hatty posted:

I’d like to see someone find a reason probe my inoffensive white noise posts. Impossible!

same

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

This is the best board game

Or at least it was, until my family and I realized we had been playing it wrong in one specific regard and that if you were to play the game according to the rules it becomes impossible to win

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Monkey Fracas posted:

man I can't wait to drink and move pieces of plastic and cardboard around with people

When the new edition of Warhammer: Age of Sigmar drops I'm going to make a serious effort to get a group going at my local game store.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Or at least it was, until my family and I realized we had been playing it wrong in one specific regard and that if you were to play the game according to the rules it becomes impossible to win

i managed to convince my friends to play this a couple years ago and while collecting tokens of your favorite pokemon and then stealing them from your opponents is fun, the rest of the game unfortunately isn't

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Looper posted:

i managed to convince my friends to play this a couple years ago and while collecting tokens of your favorite pokemon and then stealing them from your opponents is fun, the rest of the game unfortunately isn't

We had totally glossed over the rule where you HAVE to go to Indigo Plateau as soon as you hit 20 points so we had been playing a version that only lasted 30-45 minutes where it was only collecting/stealing Pokemon and no one even bothered to go try to win the game until they knew they would 100% win

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This sounds extremely familiar

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

wuggles posted:

I used to have a good board gaming group when I lived in Alabama and dated my ex. I need to find some boardgamers here, but unfortunately a lot of gamers IRL are chuddy weirdos

If I knew where here was we could talk. My tabletop group turned into a boardgame group after our friend died, but being the only one with a kid made it hard for me to hang out. Then one of my friends turned into a Trump apologist and the others are too soft to call him out on it and I haven't sat at a table with them in years. I'd love to play a game with people who aren't my wife and son just for something different.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Welp, it's June 2nd here in England and I am now 28 years old. Yay.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Draga posted:

*every video game character piles in for a big hug*

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Draga posted:

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy the next couple of years.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

We had totally glossed over the rule where you HAVE to go to Indigo Plateau as soon as you hit 20 points so we had been playing a version that only lasted 30-45 minutes where it was only collecting/stealing Pokemon and no one even bothered to go try to win the game until they knew they would 100% win

yeah it sucks!! we just stopped playing after someone fought the elite four and lost

Draga posted:

happy birthday!!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Draga posted:

hbd! You’re almost done with the intro quests

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
appy irthday

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Draga posted:

Nice, in two years you'll be able to get a subjob

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

oddium posted:

my favorite board game is europa universalis 4. okay okay it's actually "Betrayal at House on the Hill"

I think I am going to get more board game adaptations... Wingspan looks nice

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Draga posted:

As they say in Japan, "Every day young life June chat thread" 🎂

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think I am going to get more board game adaptations... Wingspan looks nice

one time my friends had me play "talisman" the video game version of a board game and i minimized the window in between turns and forgot i was playing and went to sleep. and they played through the rest of the game and had to wait for my turn to time out each time

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

oddium posted:

one time my friends had me play "talisman" the video game version of a board game and i minimized the window in between turns and forgot i was playing and went to sleep. and they played through the rest of the game and had to wait for my turn to time out each time

Who won?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i think it's clear that i did

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
No one wins in talisman

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenMedium posted:

When you really think about it, the greatest game is the Game of Life.

I find it's too luck based, kinda boring and miserable.

The board game too. :rimshot:

Harrow posted:

Realistically, people are somewhat suspicious of recent reg dates because people tend to assume nobody new is actually signing up for SA anymore

Should they be? Eh, probably not. But if you're looking for the real explanation, that's it.

There is 0 chance anyone registering in 2020 or 2021 is a new poster.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Acerbatus posted:

We know that’s not true because we have at least one new poster who joined us last year.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Thinking about the reporter who cited SA without an account because they kept quoting "gently caress"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
astoundingly, new people do sign up for these dead forums

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Acerbatus posted:

I find it's too luck based, kinda boring and miserable.

The pay 2 win stuff got kinda out of hand after a while

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Acerbatus posted:

I bought a new account for a friend last year, you are really underestimating the possibility of referrals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I know trad games literally just got made into its own separate thing from videographic games but would anybody here ever be interested in a play by post tabletop rpg campaign