Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

That's right, the PS5 update is free, it only applies if you actually bought it and aren't just playing the free PS+ version, and the Yuffie DLC is a paid extra.

Speaking of which, not long to go now! I can't wait to see her adorable little face in ultra HD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

also the new physical copy of FF7R comes with a code for for the Yuffie DLC iirc, just FYI

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ok so this PS4 to PS5 save transfer:

I load in the PS4 version and it uploads a save file to a proprietary cloud (not PS+), right? And when I install the PS5 version it will download from this cloud, right? I won't need to keep both the PS4 and PS5 versions of the game installed at the same time to make this transfer? Because otherwise that's 1/3 of my storage lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not as far as I'm aware but even if you did you could just delete the PS4 version as soon as the save is successfully transferred to PS5.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ok so this PS4 to PS5 save transfer:

I load in the PS4 version and it uploads a save file to a proprietary cloud (not PS+), right? And when I install the PS5 version it will download from this cloud, right? I won't need to keep both the PS4 and PS5 versions of the game installed at the same time to make this transfer? Because otherwise that's 1/3 of my storage lol

There’s a start menu option right now in the latest updated PS4 version called Upload Save.

Start the PS4 version, pick that option, upload the save you want to transfer over, then go ahead and delete the game.

When the PS5 version launches there’ll be an equivalent Download/Import Save option on the start menu to bring it back.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Elentor posted:

The way every iteration of FF7 devolves from moments of odd realism into the power of friendship is bizarre even for anime standards. Like the final boss of FF9 literally contains the characters going "take my power" but also FF9 did not show a sword graphically impaling a foot and blood splashes everywhere.

You just reminded me of that godawful power of friendship thing in Dirge of Cerberus where everyone stood around cheering for Vincent in his lovely Chaos form as he fights the latest giant monster of the week.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is that real

Man everything I see from DoC is a trip

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol that owns

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Then you get to fly along the next dungeon area, blasting everything for 9999 with the Death Penalty, while Gackt wails away. It owns.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Why isn't Red XIII there? Maybe Dirge is a bad game.....

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dirge's endgame rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xItRvL1RLjI

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Why isn't Red XIII there? Maybe Dirge is a bad game.....

Fur technology hadn't been mastered yet.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

doos posted:

Then you get to fly along the next dungeon area, blasting everything for 9999 with the Death Penalty, while Gackt wails away. It owns.

Gackt and the normal game music were the best part of that game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qz0t7pPS3A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rXO_5AsKgg

DOC embodies that old phrase, "at least the music was good."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

Gackt and the normal game music were the best part of that game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qz0t7pPS3A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rXO_5AsKgg

DOC embodies that old phrase, "at least the music was good."

Ah, truly the Sonic series of the Compilation.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Elentor posted:

Is that real

Man everything I see from DoC is a trip

I don't think I've heard one good thing about the game

I almost wanna throw Advent Children in with that "wtf was going on" pile, but at least its got good visuals and production value.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Wasn't someone who worked on Sonic in charge of writing the story or something? Deepground definitely looked like Sonic's lovely friends/rivals.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sonic Adventure 2's story is a masterpiece, by mistake.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Holy butt, the boss fights in the train graveyard on hard don't screw around. It doesn't help that I'm out of practice.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Elentor posted:

Sonic Adventure 2's story is a masterpiece, by mistake.

I'll make you eat those words

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Dirge of Cerberus does in not own in any way shape or form

It is trash

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jimbot posted:

Holy butt, the boss fights in the train graveyard on hard don't screw around. It doesn't help that I'm out of practice.

The ghosts are also pretty tough to figure out at first too.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Any tips for things to do in chapter select before I start a hard run from the beginning? I went back and fought leviathan to get that materia since I skipped it the first time, anything else like that?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Super No Vacancy posted:

Any tips for things to do in chapter select before I start a hard run from the beginning? I went back and fought leviathan to get that materia since I skipped it the first time, anything else like that?

Did you do all the sidequests so you've collected various extra materia? Second copy of Pray and Elemental in particular?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I’ve def got two prays, I think I did all the sidequests but I didn’t get the Johnny cheevo apparently

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/ChipCheezum/status/1400948527186993157?s=19

GOTY 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If I've learned one thing from FF7 Remake, it's that those initial 10 hours where you don't know Sephiroth is the main villain were the most meaningful part of the game to a lot of people, actually.

Super No Vacancy posted:

Did you go back to Wall Market and do the other colosseum fights to get everyone's second Limit Breaks? Aside from that and going back up to the Shinra building to do Chadley's final VR mission for Bahamut I can't think of anything else that's super important.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that’s a nice-rear end door

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Augus posted:

that’s a nice-rear end door

Now the door looks too nice.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Schwartzcough posted:

Intergrade International will further change the door texture.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

If I've learned one thing from FF7 Remake, it's that those initial 10 hours where you don't know Sephiroth is the main villain were the most meaningful part of the game to a lot of people, actually.
Did you go back to Wall Market and do the other colosseum fights to get everyone's second Limit Breaks? Aside from that and going back up to the Shinra building to do Chadley's final VR mission for Bahamut I can't think of anything else that's super important.

FF games do that a LOT though. The older I get the more I realize they are basically anime seasons, the PS1 games are even separated conveniently into "discs" and every action anime has the bad guy you start with not be the real bad guy, because someone is either the real bad guy or is worse so you have to join forces with bad guy 1

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Oh great, so the real bad guy is going to end up being Weiss/Genesis/Minerva.

Actually it's Hojo, always has been.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Schwartzcough posted:

eagerly awaiting the Dirty Door Textures PC mod

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Moola posted:

eagerly awaiting the Dirty Door Textures PC mod

Changes all wood textures from mahogany to maple.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Can you skip the chapter 18 bike sequence on hard without missing anything? I forgot how tedious and poo poo the whole thing was.

Edit: Nevermind, you can. Hopefully in Part 2 they include more of these where you do 2 damage to enemies with trillions of health, no means of healing yourself and the most awkward and pointless driving controls imaginable. Biggest blemish on this game, to be honest. It was the one sequence they should have sided with brevity one.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 6, 2021

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

That poo poo went on like four times as long as it should have

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Yeah, the problem wasn't the existence of the bike segments, it's that they lasted wayvtoo drat long. Would have been a fine low stakes break of pace for 3 minutes.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is just my personal opinion but I think a lot of things in this game went on for too drat long.

I think Chapter 5 is the one below the plate, I was thinking when I beat the game "maybe replay it or do hard mode" then I remembered it and the sewer levels and also how long the second reactor takes before you can fight Airbuster and the bike sequence and the Hojo lab dungeon and if I'm being entirely honest none of it was very fun to me.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The first bike minigame is nicely paced at least. But fighting arsenal is such a tedious slog and it does so much damage on Hard. You have to play drat-near perfectly to even beat it and that's super hard because of how clunk the controls feel. I don't even know why they bother to have brake and accelerate when it seemingly does nothing besides to shake enemy lock-ons.

Anyway, that part, the tonberries and the train graveyard bosses were the only choke-points I had in my hard playthrough. Was actually really enjoyable, having to manage your MP and use materia you would probably under-use otherwise. Though, I still have trouble finding cases to use berserk or any of that status effect stuff on enemies. I think they should just remove that stuff and go the Persona route of making it generic lower/raise attack/defense/crit/dodge stuff then I'd get a lot more out of it.

Even a second time, I'm drat excited to see where things are going to go from here. All bets are off with that ending. Nothing's set in stone and they have free reign to change any and everything they want to.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 6, 2021

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Ah good my guilt at skipping the bike mini game on hard is assuaged. I did try, just... not that hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I tried a few times but skipped it in the end. It wasn't a fun challenge.