Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

We're Sgt. Chowdown's lonely dog fan club
We hope you will enjoy our drink
Sit back and let the onion crank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

priznat posted:

That looks like the cibatta cheese buns they sell in the bakery which are good but man they are greasy as hell.

Yeah the cheese and buttery croissant combo makes this a sometimes treat for me. Came out nice and crisp from the oven, though.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

poisonpill posted:

We hope you will enjoy our drink
Sit back and let the onion crank

It was 60 weeks ago today
They took our relish and our mustard away
Then they ganked the onion crank as well
Boy, a half combo half pep'd be swell

Bring back kirkland signature nutritional shakes I want vitamins not protein!!!!!!! Argh! I am angry because I am malnourished.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

fizzymercury posted:

I heard a guy ask for an eye catchy bowl.

i heard someone ask for a polish, like the verb. maybe thats why they got removed :(

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009

Angry Asian posted:

Finally tried the chicken sandwich we have up here in :canada: Pretty disappointed... chicken was dry, the breading was super heavy, but the thing that made it somewhat unenjoyable was the fact they used a crunchy cheese roll as the bun! it was such a chore chewing this drat thing, wouldve been so much better with a soft bun!

picked up a bag of pretzel chips and nutella to dip them in, im afraid these wont last for another few days :btroll:

the bun looks like those artisan rolls or w/e from the bakery dept. just with some cheese added by the food court
I bought of pack of those rolls thinking they'd be good for sandwiches but they were so insanely tough/chewy I tossed the pack immediately after trying one. No idea how they're a permanent item in the bakery around here, they're horrible lol

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Tasty.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Actually no. I missed out on it :smith:

Remember when they sold chili? It was p good not gonna lie

Burger was meh.

I miss the chili. I would add some onion to it from the onion dispenser, which I also miss.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I don't understand those fish skin snacks. I want to like them but a deep down part of me feels like I'm eating the flaked food I feel my idiot tetras. Kinda smell a little like it too if you catch the bag air wrong.

I have the same problem with seaweed snacks. I -like- fishy flavors so it's not that. I can't figure out what I hate about them.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I recall kind of liking the Costco burger. When I'm in the mood for a burger I have little or no standards however.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Went to Costco for first time in like 6 weeks.

We got the self service food court kiosks. Ordered my dog and they gave me a loose dog in a brown paper bag. No onions, no deli mustard. Just a sad cup of gross yellow mustard and ketchup that I left behind in disgust.

Dog was fine though. Ate a virgin dog in it's purest form.

Oh yeah I guess I bought some groceries too.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Also I lost my straw on the way from the food court to my car. All round, just an off day for me.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'm finally running out of store brand plastic wrap so now i can finally buy the big thing of restaurant style plastic wrap with the thing

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Make sure you pick up the premium Reynolds Wrap foil. It’s width is the exact length of a cooking sheet so you never need to clean them again, you just throw away the foil.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Hell Yeah posted:

i'm finally running out of store brand plastic wrap so now i can finally buy the big thing of restaurant style plastic wrap with the thing

Reminder that the red cutter-slider thing is found inside the box, just in case you’re confused when you open the box.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

poisonpill posted:

Make sure you pick up the premium Reynolds Wrap foil. It’s width is the exact length of a cooking sheet so you never need to clean them again, you just throw away the foil.

oh sht

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

poisonpill posted:

Same goes for the parchment paper! You still gotta clean, but a little parchment makes that cleaning step that much easier.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Just stopping in to say I loving love Costco cheese pizza

What a great deal

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Renegret posted:

Went to Costco for first time in like 6 weeks.

We got the self service food court kiosks. Ordered my dog and they gave me a loose dog in a brown paper bag. No onions, no deli mustard. Just a sad cup of gross yellow mustard and ketchup that I left behind in disgust.

Dog was fine though. Ate a virgin dog in it's purest form.

Oh yeah I guess I bought some groceries too.
You should keep a small bottle of creole mustard in your purse or glove compartment for emergencies like I do. Emergency mustard has saved lives.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

poisonpill posted:

Yeah this household gets the giant Kirkland Reynolds Wrap roll. And also the large plastic wrap roll. Costco really does have those two items done well where I complain if I have to pick up anything else.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I always wonder - is parchment paper ok for the green bin or nah? Probably varies by location somewhat.

I bought some knockoff silpats from amazon and realized parchment paper is better in almost every possible way. So the faux silpats just sit in a cupboard.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

priznat posted:

I always wonder - is parchment paper ok for the green bin or nah? Probably varies by location somewhat.

I bought some knockoff silpats from amazon and realized parchment paper is better in almost every possible way. So the faux silpats just sit in a cupboard.

Is it just the knockoff brand? My partner has a silpat and it loving rocks, I'm probably gonna get her another one

I snoozed my email for getting a gift card when I sign up for a church membership until the day after I'm set to close on my house :pray:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

Is it just the knockoff brand? My partner has a silpat and it loving rocks, I'm probably gonna get her another one

I snoozed my email for getting a gift card when I sign up for a church membership until the day after I'm set to close on my house :pray:

The knockoff silpat (“prettycare” :china: from amazon) works great I just never use it because the parchment does just as good a job and is easier to cleanup!

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Johnny Truant posted:

I have real and fake and really fake silpats and only the on-brand Silpats that I stole from culinary school 20 years ago work well every time. The cheaper ones smell weird or still stick a little. Or melted directly on to a pan, started a fire, and ruined a dinner party.

Also you gotta keep them beasts clean or they get grotesque and unusable with even normal use. Parchment is easier.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Yo culinary school thief, what should we be stocking up on (from the 'scto and otherwise)?

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

fizzymercury posted:

I have real and fake and really fake silpats and only the on-brand Silpats that I stole from culinary school 20 years ago work well every time. The cheaper ones smell weird or still stick a little. Or melted directly on to a pan, started a fire, and ruined a dinner party.

Also you gotta keep them beasts clean or they get grotesque and unusable with even normal use. Parchment is easier.

I bought some silpats as a treat for my birthday and got knock offs s as a gift. Both are kind of a pain compared to parchment. At some point they get so weird feeling that no amount of scrubbing will get them feeling “clean”. A long trip through a hot oven can fix it, or you could just use parchment.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

priznat posted:

Don't put greasy paper in the recycling bin. You can probably put it in the organics bin if you've got that. Delivery pizza boxes go in the trash or organics. Frozen pizza boxes, like all plastic or waxed coated paper containers, go in the trash.

It's a good idea to research what is accepted for recycling locally. When you put stuff like plastic bags, plastic wrap, and pizza boxes in the recycling, you're paying somebody to sort it out later. Many locations only recycle #1 and #2 plastics. My county also accepts #5.

I really hate how much plastic wrap Costco uses. None of that stuff is recyclable.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Oh man we made a big trip today.

First, got the Braun 9 electric shaver. I've been a safety razor guy for a while, but I'm having a good time with it. The charging/washing stand is both precious and amazing. It has a little hot air fan in there to dry it off.

We got an indoor palm tree. I'm not sure what his name should be. I'm thinking Emerson Lake.

We also got a string of lights with a solar powered base for our gazebo and it fully owns. They have replaceable bulbs, too, and it's looking great. I may just pop the other in my camping kit.

Blended scotch: substantially better than I thought anything could be for $18/handle. Definitely needs to air because it smells an awful lot like tequila right when you open it.

Getting ready to host a family barbecue this weekend to celebrate being fully vaccinated, so just a mess of snacks and booze.

How's the Kirkland citra hop session IPA? We got a 24 rack, so if nobody knows I'll post a trip report.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The Citra Hop Session sucks. It does not at all taste like Citra Hops we’re involved in any part of the process.

As for the raging Açaí debate: the word should have a circumflex but English is dumb and they left it off. It is pronounced just as I wrote there. Açaí.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
They started selling Kirkland beer again?! I’ve just heard that the Kirkland Light was legendarily awful

Kirkland Light: because it’s 11AM somewhere

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Ultimate Mango posted:

As for the raging Açaí debate: the word should have a circumflex but English is dumb and they left it off. It is pronounced just as I wrote there. Açaí.

Gesundheit.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

MisterOblivious posted:

Don't put greasy paper in the recycling bin. You can probably put it in the organics bin if you've got that. Delivery pizza boxes go in the trash or organics. Frozen pizza boxes, like all plastic or waxed coated paper containers, go in the trash.

It's a good idea to research what is accepted for recycling locally. When you put stuff like plastic bags, plastic wrap, and pizza boxes in the recycling, you're paying somebody to sort it out later. Many locations only recycle #1 and #2 plastics. My county also accepts #5.

I really hate how much plastic wrap Costco uses. None of that stuff is recyclable.

Oh yeah any paper soiled with food is going in the green bin with the exception of wax paper etc which goes in the trash. From a google it looks like parchment is totally fine in the compost!

Plastic recycling is such a shitfest and my wife tosses literally anything plastic in the bin and I say no, if it doesn’t have the symbols or the wrong symbols (we accept quite a few here at least) it’s trash instead.

Clamshell packages are the worst but it seems like costco has really improved the amount of unnecessary plastic used, at least.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Ultimate Mango posted:

The Citra Hop Session sucks. It does not at all taste like Citra Hops we’re involved in any part of the process.

Well it's so my family stays out of the New Glarus stash, so I have no issue subjecting them to it

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

In other news the Cutwater Dodger mule cocktail in the 12 pack for $2/can is freaking great. It’s a little less boozy than the full strength Cutwater cans but they are a buck or two cheaper so just drink more!

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

NewFatMike posted:

Well it's so my family stays out of the New Glarus stash, so I have no issue subjecting them to it

this dude knows what’s up

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

I didn't think it was terrible but there certainly isn't anything remarkable about it. At least it isn't super strong so you can have a few without getting tipsy. I definitely won't be buying it again though, if I want Kirkland alcohol that isn't liquor I'm getting the hard seltzer.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Never go to church on an empty stomach. This key lime cheesecake is drat tasty tho

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Jingleheimer posted:

I didn't think it was terrible but there certainly isn't anything remarkable about it. At least it isn't super strong so you can have a few without getting tipsy. I definitely won't be buying it again though, if I want Kirkland alcohol that isn't liquor I'm getting the hard seltzer.

Call it something other than a Citra and my opinion improves. For what it claims to be it sucks. But I didn’t return it so……

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

/
Plastic recycling is such a shitfest and my wife tosses literally anything plastic in the bin and I say no, if it doesn’t have the symbols or the wrong symbols (we accept quite a few here at least) it’s trash instead.

In my house we call that aspirational recycling, like “this should be recyclable, therefore it is.” I always wind up doing a pass over the bins on trash night.

Also, lol at our ‘lawn debris bin’ having like 4 pine cones and a half dozen pizza boxes when we put it out a couple times a year.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

david_a posted:

They started selling Kirkland beer again?! I’ve just heard that the Kirkland Light was legendarily awful

Yeah I was so excited the first time I saw it. 48 packs only, labeled LIGHT BEER. It was like 20 bucks. I was euphoric in the light (beer) of Costco.

It is easily one of the worst pisswater beers I've ever had. Whatever your benchmark is, Milwaukee's, Natty, Keystone... it's somehow both more watery and grosser tasting than all of them. I can't remember if I finished them all, but I definitely powered through an unpleasant number of them.

In conclusion I would definitely buy it again if they brought it back, it can only be improved.

david_a posted:

Kirkland Light: because it’s 11AM somewhere

lol I had seen that video before but somehow never really questioned it being a parody or why he had so many empty boxes. oh boy...

https://www.esquire.com/food-drink/drinks/a19690946/costco-beer-commercial-man/ posted:

By his estimate, Randy Colpek drinks 18 cans of Kirkland Light Beer a day, five days a week. Last time he tried to haul his cans of Kirkland Light Beer to the recycling center, he exceeded the 100-pound limit.

Ror fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Enos Cabell posted:

Never go to church on an empty stomach. This key lime cheesecake is drat tasty tho

I had never had Key Lime anything until my aunt made a key lime cheesecake, and it was awesome. But she called it Key Lime Pie, so for a while afterwards if I ever saw Key Lime Pie on a menu I would order it and be immediately disappointed. The lesson here, I think, is if you want cheesecake it needs to have cheesecake in the name, it took me far too long to learn that but I'm a better consumer of desserts now. Although I don't think I've seen Key Lime Cheesecake since that fateful day, so maybe not too much better.