Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Evil Willow posted:

But the ENT was a man, and he's the one who refused to see OP.

Yeah, and after a female GP wrote the recommendation to get it checked too. So he not only told a patient to gently caress off, he disregarded a fellow doctor probably for the same reason (being female and being difficult) rather then do his job.

It's one of those "this happens nearly 100% of the time" cases where when a women has complaints about pain male doctors will absolutely dismiss it as hormones or some trivial condition rather then listen to the patient.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jun 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Huh, did i read it wrong? Doesnt she say her gp blew her off for two weeks?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

datajugend posted:

Well she says she demanded an immediate appointment, which may have been a problem of them not being available (VA hospitals aren't known for timely appointments). It's the ENT who completely disregarded the GP who said "this patient needs an arterial biospy" as a waste of time who deserves to be crucified no matter what.

The 24hrs arguing back and forth are probably less significant then the 2 weeks waiting to see the GP but the content of the emails would be the crux of it. If it was just a repeated "we do not have any available appointments for you until then" then its a different story then the GP refused to see her. By day 2 of the loss of vision and physical swelling in the temple that's ER visit stuff if you can't see your regular doctor, but again, VA medical system so it's really a coin toss for anything serious.

From the comments

quote:

And yes my GP requested the biopsy. And when the ENT refused she had to go to the head of rheumatology and make my case for the biopsy. He then was the one that from my understanding put the pressure on the ENT to do it.
Just 100% pure ego tripping.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jun 2, 2021

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

datajugend posted:

OP went to the ER, was in pain for 2 weeks, correctly self-diagnosed with temporal arteritis, tried to get an appointment with her female gp who blew her off for some unspecified period of time, went to the male ENT who refused her treatment then got treatment a day later.

Both doctors are accountable and she should take them both for every penny they're worth and give them bad yelp reviews.

AITA for telling my ex he's scamming a restaurant by pocketing an accidental refund for the birthday dinner he bought me?

quote:

For context, I'm (26F) disabled and can't afford to pay to eat out. This is the only local restaurant with multiple items that are safe for me with my dietary restrictions. My ex (29M) and I also have a complicated long-distance relationship where this is more of a bf/gf situation even though we don't call it that.

So three days ago my ex ordered me a dinner as a birthday gift from Red Robin "RR" through UberEats "UE", and when ordering for me he always goes all out. He ordered me a burger meal with a side of garlic fries, plus some other stuff. I received it and he always asks me when it arrives to check the items and send photos, which I did. I then asked him if he ordered garlic fries like I asked, because it came with normal fries. I said the food was great though and it's really not an issue.

Later, he told me he used the photo I sent him to report the incorrect side, and was issued a $30 refund. I told him that doesn't sound fair. He said he didn't ask for a refund, he "just reported it" and had no idea they would refund $30 since the fries aren't worth that. I told him that's like scamming the restaurant then if he keeps it because the fries weren't worth $30. I suggested he could call the restaurant and explain what happened and try to repay them over the phone.

Then he got defensive, reiterating that he didn't ask for the refund so it isn't his fault. I said I know that, but he could still call them. Then he went on a tirade claiming UE paid for it, not RR, and a corporation like UE or RR doesn't need the $30 anyway. I told him that those refunds are footed by the restaurant and RR is a franchise and that $30 could just be coming from a local business owner. I mentioned that other restaurants nearby have been going out of business. He got angry and argued that I don't know any of that and still refused. I told him if he's going to keep the money without even calling them, he's scamming them, and if he's going to scam them, then I don't want him to order me anymore meals from that restaurant (and he knows that's the only place I order from).

I've brought it up since then, and when I do he gets hostile and won't listen to me. Even though he won't pay them, the next day he offered to order me another dinner and tried suggesting other restaurants. I know this is his attempt at making amends without admitting he's wrong or doing what I asked. I told him I'm not interested. I really don't think I'm being TA, but he gets angry when I try to bring this up and I don't know what more I can say when I don't want to just let this go and scam a restaurant I've frequented before. I don't even know if they'd accept pay that way, but I'm not comfortable calling to ask when I can't pay it. Lastly, I have doubts that he's being honest about it being an "accident." If it was, then why is he so insistent on keeping it? AITA?
The question OP has is not interesting, but the "complicated long-distance relationship" she blows past is definitely an online feeder/feedee or mukbang thing, right?

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jun 2, 2021

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Yeah both doctors suck was my take on that post. I just found it odd that one doctor was the villain and the other was ignored.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

datajugend posted:

Yeah both doctors suck was my take on that post. I just found it odd that one doctor was the villain and the other was ignored.
It sounds like OP is planning on going after both of them :

op posted:

Only people around me are telling me my anger is "too much." That I would be the rear end in a top hat if I "went after doctors' careers"[...] "You didn't die/they ended up saving your life/it could have been worse." Thoughts?

(emphasis mine)

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Invisible Clergy posted:

It sounds like OP is planning on going after both of them :
(emphasis mine)

It’s also in the title of the post.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

She should go after them and get as much as she can.

I wasnt talking about her post on reddit, but here.

datajugend fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jun 2, 2021

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Gonna bet if she was going after the female one there wouldn't be nearly as much outcry about 'ruining someone's career' from her social circle.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

never stop going after lovely doctors

there's no way she's the only one they've pulled this poo poo with

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for hiding the nice things from my brothers?

quote:

I (15f) like to bake, as in using an oven to cook desserts. Not weed. This is not about drugs.

I have two brothers (17 and 12) who also like that I bake. I usually can't eat everything I make so they essentially get free desserts. That's fine.

The problem occurs when I make something special, get one piece, and then they absolutely demolish the rest. I put a couple hours into making a strawberry cake with whipped icing and everything, and I got one slice of it. One. They finished the cake in two days. I've brought it up to them, but apparently they do not understand portion sizes.

On Sunday, I decided to combat this problem. I made a batch of standard peanut butter cookies (regular cookies with a few spoons of peanut butter) and put them in a clear container in the front of the fridge. I then made the fancy thing, and put it in an opaque container behind a bunch of leftovers.

As I expected, the cookies were finished by this afternoon. I still have most of my fancy cake left. My mom found the cake earlier today, and asked why I didn't tell anyone I made it. I said that it was because I wanted to be able to eat more than two slices of it.

She said that I was being rude, and that I should be happy that my brothers appreciate my baking. I get that, but I also want to appreciate my baking. I put hours of work into the actual baking and the cleanup. I don't ever have help with that.

I get what she's saying, though. The fact that they eat the stuff I make allows me to do more of the fun part, the actual baking. And I did make them a pretty lackluster dessert while I kept the good things for myself. I don't pay for any of my supplies, so maybe I should have been more open to sharing.

AITA here?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Evil Willow posted:

As a living trashcan myself I can safely say that mom needs to sit the brothers down and explain the concept of "leaving some for the other members of the family."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The brothers are definitely at the age where they're going to be black holes for food, but they're also old enough to understand 'don't eat it all or I won't let you have any'.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The GP may well have done her due diligence; she only has a limited amount of appointments. Maybe she should have bumped someone to make room for OP or recommended another service with earlier availability. We don’t know how pressing her other appointments were, or what resources she to offer outside of her practice. I’m assuming she won’t get in trouble if she’s reported but did respond in a fashion that is appropriate to her available options, and the real villain here is, as always, capitalism and a lack of access to emergency health care.

The ENT should absolutely be raked over the coals, though. Even if he only contributed a fraction of the delay, he did so for no excusable reason.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

VA is absolutely notorious for doing everything possible to make sure veterans die, to the point where it's a running joke with the military.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

MIL saw the genocide of children in the news and made it about her...

quote:

I live in Canada where last week we discovered an unmarked mass grave of Indigenous children who were killed while forced to live in a residential school. So far they've found the remains of 215 unknown souls, the youngest being around 3 years old. It's been a very dark, difficult week for Canada. There is so much grief, sadness and anger. Our nation is mourning.

Except for my MIL, who's decided that we should stop talking about this national nightmare and decades of intergenerational trauma because it makes her sad and she only wants happy vibes.

Here's her Facebook post:

"As we all pray for the souls of the 215 children whose lives were ended, I beg of you to not forget those of us whose lives go. My life, my family, and my community have been consumed by nothing but this news since the day it was discovered. I have felt saddened. I have been heartsick. But there comes a time when we need to let go to heal. Let the past stay in the past and move on to a better, brighter future. I ask that we shift our prayers from our dark history to thoughts of today, so people can move on with their lives and focus on the present things that truly matter. So when you fold your hands tonight please pray for me."

I'm a teacher who works on a reservation inside of a former residential school building that has been reclaimed by an Indigenous band. In the days since the children's bodies have been found, I have spent countless hours with my students, colleagues, community members and elders. We have cried together, we have yelled and cursed together, we have listened to survivors' stories and been humbled together. The likelihood of some of my students being related to these murdered children is very high and they know that. In the coming months and years, my students will find out that it was their uncle, their aunt, their cousin who laid disregarded in that mass grave. It's like we're all holding our breath waiting for the true depth of our mourning to set in. All I can do is spend my time and energy convincing my students that their lives matter; that every life matters.

So to have MIL claim that 5 days of mourning is enough and that it's time to move on and "leave the past in the past" is infuriating beyond words. I can't talk to her. I can't think about her without crying in anger. I'm afraid if I see her I might actually get violent.

Hubby tried to talk to her, to tell her how grossly insensitive and horribly ignorant she's being. She doesn't see it that way, of course. But she told hubby that she'd apologize to me "if" she had hurt my feelings in some way.

Here's the heartfelt apology text:

"On behalf of the entire human race, I humbly apologize for the way you are affected by the news of the 215 children."

WTF?! She has 0 empathy. 0 remorse for her ignorance. 0 desire to be a halfway decent human being. I honestly don't see how I can ever have the same relationship with her I once did. Not after seeing her true colours like this. I know I'm really emotionally peaked right now, but I swear I'm 100% justified in my hurt and resentment towards her. Only a truly garbage person would push aside the genocide of children to talk about themself.

lmao wow

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
MIL needs to go in a woodchipper

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

artsy fartsy posted:

Lol

AITA for not telling my parents the truth about working at a sex shop?

quote:

Anyways guess who randomly popped up once during my shift? Yup, my mom. We literally looked at eachother like we just got caught red handed. She walked in saw me then panicked and walked out.

i don't care if i'm 15 pages late, that had to be posted and frankly i'm disappointed i wasn't beaten to the punch

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The GP may well have done her due diligence; she only has a limited amount of appointments. Maybe she should have bumped someone to make room for OP or recommended another service with earlier availability. We don’t know how pressing her other appointments were, or what resources she to offer outside of her practice. I’m assuming she won’t get in trouble if she’s reported but did respond in a fashion that is appropriate to her available options, and the real villain here is, as always, capitalism and a lack of access to emergency health care.

Lol if you think an employer will ever protect an individual employee instead of pinning the blame on them for having a quarter of the staff they actually need. Whether she blew off the OP for shits and giggles or because she can't physically be in three different places at once makes no difference.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I don't know why but I'm still laughing at the fish story.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Mx. posted:

MIL saw the genocide of children in the news and made it about her...
lmao wow

Jesus loving Christ. Yeah why would you ever associate with this person ever again? I mean I guess social media is useful for letting these people reveal themselves to society but at the same time it's depressing to get proof people like this exist.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Waci posted:

Lol if you think an employer will ever protect an individual employee instead of pinning the blame on them for having a quarter of the staff they actually need. Whether she blew off the OP for shits and giggles or because she can't physically be in three different places at once makes no difference.

For most jobs, absolutely, but I've always been under the impression that you can't do that to doctors. Medical licenses are a strictly finite supply, and it is a job where you will end up with maimed or dead clients no matter how well you perform. If you fired a doctor every time someone received inadequate care, regardless of whether malpractice or negligence could be proven, no doctor would last longer than a couple years at best.

Like even I know how grossly inadequate the VA is as a medical institution, and they still employ doctors in spite of being designed to kill veterans as fast as possible so the government doesn't have to pay more than the bare minimum for their health care.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jun 2, 2021

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

MIL needs to go in a woodchipper

99% agreed but on the remote off-chance that MIL is indigenous, (unlikely) then I'd give her a pass if only because her generation was messed up deeply and thoroughly by the residential school system.

The "why can't we just leave it in the past" sentiment is pretty common among Canadians unfortunately. We've always known how brutal the schools were but the federal and provincial governments have bent over backwards to avoid addressing it.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

I think we're all losing sight of the true moral of that story: All ENTs are predatory demons who resent their patients for seeking medical care and punish them for it.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Tetramin posted:

Lol the article got deleted pretty quickly because literally everybody including the furry community was like “what the gently caress is this stupid poo poo” but PHIZ wrote an article for the front page titled “Dear Furries: We Were Wrong”. The content was basically what you expect, and more shameful than you’d expect even for someone trying to wokefully grovel at the feet of a community that was wronged by the SA forums. That’s about it.

E: I think there’s a thread in the front page discussion where PHIZ defends themselves from the people mocking them by accusing everyone of calling furries furfags and a bunch of other slurs with no basis

yes that's exactly what happened

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I used to think you were an anthropomorphic can of soda.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
I was, actually! Orange Crush. I was animated by the dying wish of Kel Mitchell's career.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You should make that your next front page article.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Keep your weird forum drama out of here, the imported Reddit drama thread.

Seriously keep it out it’s exhausting and I have many a posting friend and/or enemy to update tabs on and nah do it elsewhere.

E: anything beyond phiz’s post gets a probe and not a funny collectible one

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
I pitched a continuation of the Knifedad series, since that was the one I had the most fun with. I'm really curious to see what else people pitched. Either way, I hope we start using the FP to promote the stuff people are making, because that'll encourage more creators to sign up.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

it seems that there is a shortage of shitposts and a surplus of posts that are poo poo the past while so please enjoy this fun-sized tree post:

AITA for letting my dog pee on a neighbor's tree?

quote:

I have a large dog that I walk multiple times a day. My next-door neighbor has a small tree in front of their house on the easement between the sidewalk and street. It was killed by a recent storm & is now just a 5-foot snapped off trunk. My dog has peed on it several times a day for the last 6 years, ever since the city planted it.

They recently decorated it by wrapping it in red & white paper & sticking some baubles on the top. My dog proceeded to lift his leg as usual.

I got a note on my door that said "You seriously let your dog pee on my decorated tree. WTF dude??"

If it makes a difference, this is on city property, but in the area my neighbor mows & this was already my dog's favorite peeing spot before they bought the place.

My thought was that anything near the sidewalk dogs might pee on. If your dog shits in someone's yard, you clean it up, but the idea that you try to yank them away from peeing on stuff seems absurd.

edit: in retrospect theres actually a lot of good posts on this page idk what i was thinking

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Evil Willow posted:

An ex-friend of mine used to have this happen to her all the time. Bad enough when she'd spend hours making crepes or something, and her parents would take half the stack for themselves but her siblings had no idea of sharing. Her 4 younger sibs were always stealing whatever food she made or bought, even when they had jobs and could easily buy their own. Me telling her to put her loving foot down is one reason we're not friends anymore.

AITA for still not letting my sister into my house after she made me miss daughter’s birth?

quote:

Frankly I don’t know if I’m being an rear end in a top hat. Family seems to think I am so just want to know what others here think. My sister (25f) was going to meet her dad (not my dad by the way) for the first time in almost 18/19 yrs and she was really nervous. She asked me to go with her for support. He was staying at some hotel about 30 mins away and the whole ride over there, my sister had my phone to give me directions. My wife was calling me because she’d gone into labor. Then my MIL was calling me too. My sister put my phone on do not disturb without me knowing and erased the notifications.

I didn’t even realize it until after we were leaving from having lunch with him an hour and a half later that she’d been calling me. All my sister told me was I had a missed call (more like dozens). When I found out I was yelling at her the whole ride to the hospital. She apologized many times. Her only excuse was this was a big emotional moment for her meeting her dad and she was scared doing it alone knowing how her anxiety is. This was the only time they’d have to see each since he was leaving in a few days and wouldn’t be back for months. I really couldn’t believe it. By the time we got there, my daughter had already been born a half hour. Don’t get me wrong I was so happy to know my daughter and wife were okay but I was also devastated to have missed the birth of my first child. Couldn’t look at my sister, all I told her was to get an Uber to take her home because I didn’t want her near me right now.

My daughter is almost 4 weeks old and almost everyone (vaccinated) has come to see her. Last weekend my parents came over with my sister in the car but I said I don’t want her in my home right now. They got mad and left early. I keep hearing it from my family that I’m being completely unfair treating my sister like an outcast by not letting her in my home. But I’m just still angry at her right now and don’t think I have it in me to be in her presence. AITA?

AITA for not punishing my daughter after she refused to watch her cousin and something bad happened?

quote:

My sister has a 1 1/2 year old son. Ever since he was born, she’s tried to get my 14 year old daughter to babysit as she wants them to be close even though they’re so far apart in age. My daughter has declined as she doesn’t want the responsibility of someone else’s kid, especially if something were to go wrong. My sister doesn’t get it despite multiple people (myself and my daughter included) telling her.

Yesterday we were at our parents’ house for a BBQ. It was mostly adults with a few children varying in ages but my nephew was the youngest. All throughout the bbq, my sister kept trying to get my daughter to hold him or feed him, which my daughter declined. At one point, I went in the house to help my aunt and mom with drinks and sides. 15 minutes later, I hear my sister shrieking. I rush outside and she’s holding her baby, who’s face is bleeding. Her husband is nearby, trying to take the baby to administer first aid. My sister is shrieking at my daughter to “put her drat phone down” and “you’re in a lot of trouble”. My daughter looks terrified.

Finally, BIL takes the baby and goes to tend to him. I get both sides. My sister went inside to pee, asking my daughter to watch her son. My daughter said no, ask your husband. My sister says she told her to just help out and it won’t kill you. My daughter flat out told her no and my sister left knowing daughter was looking at her phone. The yard was filled with adults, all of whom day they were keeping an eye on the little one but at some point they lost track. My parents have concrete steps leading to their backyard. Somehow, nephew tried to walk up them, tripped and scratched his face. He was fine in the end, just a few scrapes.

My sister kept demanding I take my daughter’s phone and asked what I’d do to punish her. I said nothing because she said she wasn’t watching her cousin and there were half a dozen adults who should’ve been watching him, specifically his father. BIL even admits that it’s on him and he screwed up but my sister kept blaming my daughter. We left right then and I told my daughter several times in front of the family and alone that it’s not her fault.

My sister is still mad at me and my mom says I should have daughter apologize. I said no, she did nothing wrong. My mom says that it wouldn’t have killed my daughter to watch him for 2 seconds. Am I being an rear end?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

blatman posted:

The neighbour should get some tree law going. Entertaining in the non-winnable way

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

How bad does your baby suck that you'll let him get stitches because you want free babysitting and no one will even watch him while you pee

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

How bad does your baby suck that you'll let him get stitches because you want free babysitting and no one will even watch him while you pee

She literally demanded only her teenage niece babysit him and refused to ask any of the numerous other adults including the baby's father.

I know a frequent theme is the attitude of 'unattached female = free babysitting forever' itt but holy cow, never seen it to a frankly obsessive degree.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

DreamingofRoses posted:

My (26M) gf (25F) is obsessed with Arctic exploration and has written fanfic/erotica about it. What should I do?

Oates stood up and said, "I am going outside, I may be some time." He struggled with the tent flaps in the cold, and then slipped off into the ice field. A few moments passed. Scott turned to Wilson and said, "finally some time alone" as he unbuttoned his parka.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

betaraywil posted:

I think we're all losing sight of the true moral of that story: All ENTs are predatory demons who resent their patients for seeking medical care and punish them for it.

Last ENT I saw had the biggest nose I've ever seen. Thing was the size of a softball.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

blatman posted:

it seems that there is a shortage of shitposts and a surplus of posts that are poo poo the past while so please enjoy this fun-sized tree post:

edit: in retrospect theres actually a lot of good posts on this page idk what i was thinking

I have an insane neighbor who has repeatedly come out at shout at me because my dog smelled a tree on their property just off the sidewalk. A perfectly healthy and full grown tree because my dog (in particular) was "killing" it.

So I wanted to sympathize with this person, but don't let your dog pee on things people have to handle. Come on dude.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Azuth0667 posted:

Last ENT I saw had the biggest nose I've ever seen. Thing was the size of a softball.

More like eNt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
My dad's wife bought me a vibrator. I don't want it but do I tell my parents?

quote:

I'm 16. Today is my birthday.

My dad's wife tried to surprise me with a vibrator. I know this wasn't meant in a way to seduce me or anything lmao, she's just trying to get me to like her because it's pretty clear I don't. She gave a small speech that was like "I'm the COOL step-mom" basically "would your mom give you this?"

This made me super uncomfortable though. It felt like sexual harassment even though it wasn't. I told her I didn't want it and she said that's fine but I shouldn't let stigma get in the way and she'll keep it for me if I change my mind.

Honestly I feel violated by this. I know this will be over if I just don't bring it up ever again, but I kind of want to tell my parents. I know they'll be so pissed at her but outside of me being uncomfortable I don't know if it would be like...mean to do that. Because they'll really lose their poo poo on her. But this just grossed me out so much and I already didn't like her. Isn't this an obvious line you don't cross?

edit: Thanks for the advice everyone, even though it was a bit conflicting. I'm going to go with my gut since this made me uncomfortable, even if she didn't mean anything by it, I'm going to tell my parents. I know they would want to know.

I'm getting the "vibe" (lol) that this is different for each person depending on their situation, and this really was offensive to mine. And to answer some of the questions asked in the post: we barely know each other, no I wouldn't want the vibrator if we were friends either, and I don't like her because she had an affair with my dad while he was married to my mom.