Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

As in "seemed kinda sketchy to me, but I dunno I'm just a dumb head that doesn't even buy coins lol! But you are such a smart technical genius! You'll help me out"

But be genuine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
bitcoin was birthed when god alien satoshi nakamoto was displeased with the current financial system, particularly the government bailouts of banks. tether is the very thing satoshi tried to fight. if you really, truly, believe in satoshi's vision and many teeth you must reject tether and kill the now corrupted bitcoin and instead by my newest icodaonft: satohi's teeth

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

tether is a leash you tie onto your Prince Albert dick piercing.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/falconryfinance/status/1399830332740939781

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's a tiny hat.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

lol
https://twitter.com/FalconryFinance/status/1399916644047089665

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

someone told bitcoiners they were constantly owning themselves and they thought it was a good thing

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

does anyone have a summary on how tether is a scam i can just link to people when they're like BLUUUUUH BUTCOINS

by their own admission it's only backed by 3% cash, and the rest is ambiguous mystery funds that may or may not just be shares of their own company

idk what else you need, there's some articles on :gerard:'s site but if "the price is entirely supported by a few shifty guys who won't tell you where their money is except to tell you they don't have nearly as much as they claimed" isn't enough to put them off I don't know what else would

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
just show them the Tom Hanks Greek guy infomercial sketch and subtitle it "this is what tether actually is".

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Reminder that tether isn't even its own crypto. It's just certain tokens on other blockchains are declared as counting as tethers too. Definitely will be super easy to gain control of that money supply if they have to actually prove reserves.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Boxturret posted:

bitcoin was birthed when god alien satoshi nakamoto was displeased with the current financial system, particularly the government bailouts of banks. tether is the very thing satoshi tried to fight. if you really, truly, believe in satoshi's vision and many teeth you must reject tether and kill the now corrupted bitcoin and instead by my newest icodaonft: satohi's teeth

teethr

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Beelzebufo posted:

Reminder that tether isn't even its own crypto. It's just certain tokens on other blockchains are declared as counting as tethers too. Definitely will be super easy to gain control of that money supply if they have to actually prove reserves.

When I heard their lawyer on that poddcast zealously defending the bitfenix loan I knew what their "reserves" were. I'm sure they can always find more IOUs in a shoebox somewhere.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

we here at tether and bitfinex, two separate companies that just happen to share several ceos and an address, are happy to announce that an unrelated third party company, which by some strange coincidence also shares our address and ceos, is going to come in with billions of real actual dollars and will completely 100% back tether 1:1

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Beelzebufo posted:

Reminder that tether isn't even its own crypto. It's just certain tokens on other blockchains are declared as counting as tethers too.

:dumbbravo: that is so god drat stupid I don't even

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
has anyone said buttether yet

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Luigi Thirty posted:

does anyone have a summary on how tether is a scam i can just link to people when they're like BLUUUUUH BUTCOINS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildcat_banking

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
UAE Exotic Falconry & Financial is a free corporation of the land. It has not given prior consent to any Sovereign's laws and thus it is bound by none and is free of any legal constraint. You would not BELIEVE how useful that is considering the poo poo we get up to.

Andy Dufresne fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jun 2, 2021

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

this is a really good read

https://crypto-anonymous-2021.medium.com/the-bit-short-inside-cryptos-doomsday-machine-f8dcf78a64d3

Chalks fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jun 2, 2021

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

well okay if the tesla thread isn't going to keep the title "ghost in the shill: scammed again complex" can we use it here?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Midjack posted:

well okay if the tesla thread isn't going to keep the title "ghost in the shill: scammed again complex" can we use it here?
Stealing another thread's title and pretending wr invented it seems very bitcoin

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Splicer posted:

Stealing another thread's title and pretending wr invented it seems very bitcoin

lol yes it is.

graph please

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Midjack posted:

It's too good not to.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
bitcoin was born of an aggressive probing conducted by sovereign citizens upon your friend in high school who tried to tell you computers are cool

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

also this is very good and fills in some blank spots in my understanding of it

also lol jesus what a disaster waiting to happen

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Splicer posted:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Wait a second. If you remove the first t, it's just ether!

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
i wonder if i can issue enough shitcoin backed by my childs very legitimate disclosure.docx to purchase the bitscoins and sell it for real money

wait can you actually get real money in exchange for bitcoin yet
?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

i wonder if i can issue enough shitcoin backed by my childs very legitimate disclosure.docx to purchase the bitscoins and sell it for real money

wait can you actually get real money in exchange for bitcoin yet
?

no you can only get more bitcoin

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
maybe if you keep asking you'll get the answer you want

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shame Boy posted:

no you can only get more bitcoin

buy high sell low still profit

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

infernal machines posted:

maybe if you keep asking you'll get the answer you want

this is way too cryptic, please take off your cryptography degree and speak to me in plain english

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
what happened to the yeah taht use to just post the yeah emoticon he was cool and would have agreed with me

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
maybe it was a no emoitcon but im pretty sure he just posted an emoticon every time boxturret posted but either way he was agreeing with me but perhaps ironically

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shifty Pony posted:

yeah someone from here went onto bitcointalk and posted "Bitcoin is crashing! sell! sell!" and it crashed.

I miss the old days of bitcontalk back before all the "too the moon!" greed completely drove out everything else.

lol those were the fun days

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

remember when people were buying theoretical bitcoins from mtgox bagholders on the premise that one day they'd get their balances back?

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
i just remembered

remember when people were buying theoretical bitcoins from mtgox bagholders on the premise that one day they'd get their balances back?

:same:

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
he had a gallah for a picture

or was it a cuckatoo

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

they have been printing like a billion at a time over the last few days and it still hasn't broken 38k lol

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ObsoleteDogma/status/1399843615061458946

https://twitter.com/ObsoleteDogma/status/1399885311359045637