Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Splicer posted:

Stealing another thread's title and pretending wr invented it seems very bitcoin
BVTTCOIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
https://twitter.com/whale_alert/status/1399750021508108292?s=20
https://twitter.com/whale_alert/status/1399752499603677184?s=20

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
gonna beat that world record in structuring

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

What?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that article posted earlier pointed out that tether keeps injecting fake money a billion dollars at a time. by injecting it 999,999,900 dollars at a time it doesn't look suspicious any more!

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

if it’s under a billion the feds can’t see it, trust

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

in this case they transfered it then transfered it back for some reason

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Qwertycoatl posted:

in this case they transfered it then transfered it back for some reason

Yes, this was what confused me.

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
if you click through, looks like they took it from the Ethereum blockhain to the Tron blockchain, whatever the gently caress that is

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

infernal machines posted:

remember when people were buying theoretical bitcoins from mtgox bagholders on the premise that one day they'd get their balances back?

So what’s the status of that anyway

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

fins posted:

if you click through, looks like they took it from the Ethereum blockhain to the Tron blockchain, whatever the gently caress that is
it's the 2nd Tron movie but the protagonist is a coiner who finds his dad's private key etched in a holographic cube and all the other characters are smart contracts written in Solidity

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Castor is an NFT pointing to David Bowie's discography

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

tronc

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
USDT is illegitimate and backed by broken glass and lawn clippings.

USDC, however, is totally legit buy now now now leverage your grandkid's kids college fund

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

fins posted:

quote:

Tron is a blockchain-based decentralized platform that aims to build a free, global digital content entertainment system with distributed storage technology, and allows easy and cost-effective sharing of digital content.

Tron was founded in September 2017 by a Singapore based non-profit organization called the Tron Foundation. It is headed by CEO Justin Sun and has a dedicated in-house development team that includes renowned technology stalwarts.

I don't remember why tether moves tethers from one blockchain to another, there was some stupid reason related to the relative prices of the tokens that represent tether, which theoretically have a different valutation than the dollar peg Tether ltd. offers for them?

It was stupid, that's all I recall.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
You want stupid?? I've got your stupid:

https://twitter.com/TheBitcoinConf/status/1399862182465179650

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
im THE original bitcoin original gangster

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Is that the dude who got his laptop full of mycrimes.txt snatched at a library

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Not a Children posted:

yes, that was the peak of bitcoin

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Not a Children posted:

and legit thought he was hiring internet assassins who turned out to be feds

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The stuff where people try to hire hitmen on the dark web and their hires always being feds is incredibly funny to me.

Just some loving dork trying to hire someone kill his wife for 0.2 Bitcoin, and just goes to a TOR site and sees a picture of Agent 47 and is like "Yeah this is legit"

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The_Franz posted:

one of the intended victims was also the feds

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You can't get more original OG than that.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i liked the fake "proof that we killed the guy" pictures because they just like, smeared some mustard on his face and made him lay down funny

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

The_Franz posted:

My name is Carla Sophia and I have many boyfriends and girlfriends on the market place.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

aw man i can't seem to find it anymore so you'll have to settle for this

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i like those stories where a terrorist organization gets so infiltrated by the feds that it turns out 80% of the members, including all the leaders, are cops

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

we call those organizations "the police"

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

"political prisoner"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

correction, it wasn't mustard it was:

quote:

Force sent DPR photos of the staged torture, followed by photos of Green, facedown on the floor, pallid, smeared with Campbell’s Chicken & Stars soup—the supposed aftermath of asphyxiation.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Not a Children posted:

not only snatched, but he got distracted by a fake lovers' quarrel while using the laptop (and logged in to silk road as dread pirate roberts), the laptop was snatched by cops, and they had to keep moving the mouse around to prevent it from going to sleep and getting locked while they copied files from it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Eeyo posted:

not only snatched, but he got distracted by a fake lovers' quarrel while using the laptop (and logged in to silk road as dread pirate roberts), the laptop was snatched by cops, and they had to keep moving the mouse around to prevent it from going to sleep and getting locked while they copied files from it.
Imagine being the guy whose job it is to wriggle the mouse. Imagine loving it up.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

https://twitter.com/ahcastor/status/1400071430541357061

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

Not a Children posted:

no that's the dude who was illegally framed through daily show butternut by mikey mike "did nothing wrong" karpeles

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Splicer posted:

Imagine being the guy whose job it is to wriggle the mouse. Imagine loving it up.

they usually have usb dongles that simulate a mouse constantly wiggling for that

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

has beepi given a statement on this?

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

im glad of it :sickos:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Shame Boy posted:

correction, it wasn't mustard it was:

How much do you think they got paid for this brand deal?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Not a Children posted:

he’s the guy who got litter out of a tree and walked in the rain!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

blugu64 posted:

he’s the guy who got litter out of a tree and walked in the rain!
he's the guy who got caught because he used an email with his real name to advertise his illegal drug market on a bitcoin phpbb board