Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Delays well worth it:

While the news of God of War’s delay and uncertainty surrounding the release window of the next Horizon title might be disappointing, Hulst made a statement about avoiding crunch at its studios. “With these things, something’s gotta give. It cannot be the quality of our titles, and it surely won’t be the health of the wellbeing of our amazing team.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RIP the PS5, contracted ligma from lack of games

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s a serious question. What you posted was clearly no kind of “own” in any way, so I’m curious as to why someone could respond to it as if it was
It was a silly joke and you need to chill your beans, mate. I was on your "side" about the whole thing but it just needs to end.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rad Valtar posted:

Delays well worth it:

While the news of God of War’s delay and uncertainty surrounding the release window of the next Horizon title might be disappointing, Hulst made a statement about avoiding crunch at its studios. “With these things, something’s gotta give. It cannot be the quality of our titles, and it surely won’t be the health of the wellbeing of our amazing team.”

This is great and really should be the standard now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

Delays well worth it:

Yeah. I'm super ok with this year being pretty dire for releases. Everyone has been through some poo poo. let people work at the pace they need to.

the last decade has been an endless onslaught of game releases and I am glad I get to take a good chunk of the year replaying stuff I like or checking out games I missed. There are about 400 million games in the world we will be fine.

Also I doubt Sony even wants to release some of these huge blockbusters when there are about 50 PS5s in peoples homes right now.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am looking forward to PS5 exclusive Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart this month.

Also Ff7 Remake Intergrade: Chapter Yuffie...

Good month for PS5 owners

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am looking forward to PS5 exclusive Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart this month.

Also Ff7 Remake Intergrade: Chapter Yuffie...

Good month for PS5 owners

Yes! The new Ratchet and Clank looks so good. I am going to play the previous game this week in preparation.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

JollyBoyJohn posted:

gently caress the haters i'm gonna give FF14 a go tonight rather than succumbing to the wow thirst

Real talk I hate MMOs and found the free trial to be quality enough to reel me in. I now own the full deal and am subscribed. It’s pretty good as MMOs go!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Sakurazuka posted:

games my balls lmao

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

man nurse posted:

Real talk I hate MMOs and found the free trial to be quality enough to reel me in. I now own the full deal and am subscribed. It’s pretty good as MMOs go!

And the base game was the least good part of the FFXIV. They really improved the game with the expansions.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Escobarbarian posted:

You realise a fuse tripping and me losing progress because I lost power is not actually comparable to someone deliberately turning settings on and then getting mad about it, right? Please reply to this question.

Cause it was a funny post and this response makes it even funnier.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bows1 posted:

Cause it was a funny post and this response makes it even funnier.

I’m not owned! I’m not owned!!!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Red Warrior posted:

Anyone remotely surprised that God of War Ragnarok is now a 2022 title?
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1400135687719079942

Oh and it and GT7 are going to be on PS4 too because generations matter.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1400136749330796544

And they THINK that Horizon is on track for this holiday season, but not quite certain...

mgs remake is out this year then?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

fridge corn posted:

COOL MAYBE THEY COULD REMAKE IT INTO A GOOD GAME :smuggo:

what, just like your japanese persona animes games? no way pal!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m not owned! I’m not owned!!!

See now this is a funny response too! We're all having fun again.

It strikes me how Miles Morales seems like a huge game but the completion percentage is at 30% and I haven't even unlocked all the new gadgets yet, its right in the gooey middle of full game vs. expansion pack. It is really fun though

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I feel like this post warrants new additions today

s-tier rodd posting

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rad Valtar posted:

Delays well worth it:

Escobarbarian posted:

This is great and really should be the standard now.

am i remembering correctly that ND staff was crunched hard just last year? i can't trust sony anymore to tell me whats true so i won't pat them on the back for claiming they are doing minimum ethical decency towards labor now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

am i remembering correctly that ND staff was crunched hard just last year? i can't trust sony anymore to tell me whats true so i won't pat them on the back for claiming they are doing minimum ethical decency towards labor now

Yeah and they also had to watch LiveLeak decapitation videos and whatnot

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

ND crunched its staff so hard it's a wonder they didn't become two-dimensional

it's more likely that the pandemic limited how much blood sony could wring from those particular stones. reducing your staff to husks from overwork is one thing, but you don't want a whimsical little virus to potentially kill a bunch of them before they get their work done

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
man you guys are determined to find the dark cloud arent you and not even dark cloud the ps2 game people seemed to like either like really just rain all over any hope

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

a wet blanket is like the opposite of a breath of fresh air its literally stifling and helps maintain the status quo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

remake darkcloud 1 without thirst in the demon souls engine please sony

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Is there a source for this specifically? From what I remembered at the time people might have conflated what NRS had to do for MK11 with TLOU2.

It could very well be true, of course, and the crunch was absolutely horrific, but I never saw any actual reporting that ND did the LiveLeak thing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

God of War will get here when it gets here and in the meantime I've got other games to play! I'm never without games.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

I'm not gonna play it either way like every other game I buy so I'm not sure where the problem lies. Ha!

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Arist posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Is there a source for this specifically? From what I remembered at the time people might have conflated what NRS had to do for MK11 with TLOU2.

It could very well be true, of course, and the crunch was absolutely horrific, but I never saw any actual reporting that ND did the LiveLeak thing.

The fact that this is even a thing we can be confused about is kinda hosed up.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

TheDarkFlame posted:

The fact that this is even a thing we can be confused about is kinda hosed up.

With you there!

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

man nurse posted:

It's a great game.

Ride the trial until the end of Heavensward before buying it, though, as once you own the game your free trial ends and you have to pay the monthly fee.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Remote play on my iPhone 12 pro just reminds me of how lovely my television is. I'm currently sticking to my plan to wait until my current TV finally dies so that I can convince my wife that we need to invest in one instead of spending ~1k on a new toy for me, but it seems like I have purchased the most well built LG tv ever. The thing refuses to die.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Akuma posted:

sounds like a you problem

:drat:

thread be lethal today lmao

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

I’d like to think you learned this level of doubling down from my Yakuza posts but honestly at this point the student has become the master and I think you should all apprentice under Blind Rasputin, whose new school of shitposting seems more holistic and resonant with the youth of today.

in your loving face bust,

i actually never left blind rasputin's tutelage even though i said that i did!

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Remember on the A-Team, when Murdoch would dramatically rip off a rubbery old man mask to reveal his natural rubbery old man face?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Real hurthling! posted:

remake darkcloud 1 without thirst in the demon souls engine please sony

Oh man I haven't thought about Dark Cloud in a long time. That series needs to come back.

I'm also very happy that it's been confirmed that a new Timesplitters game is in the works.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2021/05/crunch-is-no-cheat-code-for-better-video-games

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

thread title

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
The anxiety and effect that some games have on us like some other goon said when you feel the need to restart/use save states/cheat a bit/etc. to roll multiple times, redo mistakes or just simply make it easier could make some interesting talk.

We recently even have some games that try to engage with it like Returnal and it's always on/restart cycle mechanics (which is doing this badly IMO) or the way that Disco Elysium tries to make reloading to always succeed not that necessary by giving you meaningful fail states. Other games try to keep you on one save only and I think Undertale does some meta stuff to try to catch you deceiving the game (? vaguely remember something about it)

Ultimately, in the case that created the discussion, I don't think it's solvable in-game since the owner of the system/game would always have some way of subverting it: some lock to the options preventing changes after game start could make someone persist on his choices, but would also make others keep restarting the game.

In the difficulty as a vision by the devs, I agree, sometimes it is intrinsic to the experience the game is supposed to provide. However I don't think that by also providing ways for the players to make it easier for whatever reasons (disability or not) would cheapen the intended experience or damage it in any way, the devs vision is still there, giving the player a choice shouldn't ruin it, I'd say that could even free the devs to experiment more by letting they go all out since they won't need to tailor it to the 'average target' or some kind of completion metric.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Hot Diggity! posted:

Oh man I haven't thought about Dark Cloud in a long time. That series needs to come back.

I'm also very happy that it's been confirmed that a new Timesplitters game is in the works.

Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2 are two of the very small number of PS2-on-PS4 games and they’re both still pretty drat good!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

drat this thread needs some new games to talk about. Definitely won't argue about those.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

haveblue posted:

If you beat the hardest challenge in Dead Space 2 you got a giant foam hand that blew up monsters while Isaac shouted bang bang pew pew noises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBS86rAT4W0

I will always regret not unlocking this but it's a serious pain in the rear end

Doing this wasn't impossible but it did require you to understand / plan out the entire run which I guess is hard in itself

(the challenge was completing the game on the hardest difficulty AND you have a total of 3 single saves. Which really becomes 2 saves since you want the last one prior to the final boss. And those 2 is really 1 since you generally want one halfway through. Then that last one you save for what you consider the worst encounter in the game).

It was definitely a really fun/rewarding experience learning the game well enough to pull it off with minimal hours long restarts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

factions 2 plz