Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah we stopped buying that line in like 2017

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

tell us about how you don't even have a TV

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Jenny Agutter posted:

tell us about how you don't even have a TV

I just wish I didn’t

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i like people who talk about not having a tv who also watch tv on their computer

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ive been using the giant apple keyboard (grey,,,) that came with my giant production mac pro for a while but it had to return home to the giant computer so i got a little magic keyboard to replace it and it is very small... and strange to type on.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
keep pressing the wrong fkin letters ...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
cant bekliueve i paid $108 for this thing rofl. thats APPLE LIFE. also dished out a hundo on a couple dongles and cables. FAIL

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Smythe posted:

cant bekliueve i paid $108 for this thing rofl. thats APPLE LIFE. also dished out a hundo on a couple dongles and cables. FAIL

lmaoing @ this savage self-own

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Smythe posted:

ive been using the giant apple keyboard (grey,,,) that came with my giant production mac pro for a while but it had to return home to the giant computer so i got a little magic keyboard to replace it and it is very small... and strange to type on.

they are the best keyboards, enjoy many years of faithful service

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i am really looking forward to the new imac magic keeb with touch id built being sold standalone. gonna get one of those guys to make a total of 4 magic keebs under my stewardship

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the tragic keyboard is fail as hell same as every other apple input device

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i bought the full size black magic keyboard a few years back for quite the mark up and itkicks rear end. you can get it for cheaper now i think on amazon but it was worth it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if your "friends" or "family" refuses to talk to you via a text message and instead demands FB messenger you are doing yourself a disservice by continuing to try to keep a relationship with such a toxic individual

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
"hey, i wanted to check in and see how you're doing. Instead of directly messaging you like a rational adult, i have instead dropped a note off at the local advertising firm/police station combo shop; after they've targeted some ads for you and made sure you're not a criminal or democrat, they'll drop my message off. It's so convenient!"

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Shaggar posted:

a wrong post from shaggar, how unusual

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

if your "friends" or "family" refuses to talk to you via a text message and instead demands FB messenger you are doing yourself a disservice by continuing to try to keep a relationship with such a toxic individual

appropriating the language used to describe actual abuse like this is a pretty bad look dude

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

if you have friends who still use facebook and refuse to be contacted in any other way, they aren't people you should have as friends.

just set up a group text or something. instagram at least.
yeah let me use the picture-based social network for writing text messages to people :rolleyes:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Gentle Autist posted:

i am really looking forward to the new imac magic keeb with touch id built being sold standalone. gonna get one of those guys to make a total of 4 magic keebs under my stewardship

its true. i got a second of the 2xaa models for work used and that's trucking along fine. i don't think i've used a thin keeb with as good a feel from any other company

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

my girlfriend has an ipad and it's basically an interruption and stress machine. Every time we're using it it buzzes and it's something on FB or snapchat she has to deal with right this moment no matter what we're doing

so yeah get one if you like being interrupted all the time

my girlfriend has an iphone and it's basically an interruption and stress machine. Every time we're out for something it buzzes and it's something on FB or snapchat she has to deal with right this moment no matter what we're doing

my girlfriend has a cell phone and it's basically an interruption and stress machine. Every time we're out for something it buzzes and it's something on FB or snapchat she has to deal with right this moment no matter what we're doing

my girlfriend has a pager and it's basically an interruption and stress machine. Every time we're out for something it buzzes and it's something on FB or snapchat she has to deal with right this moment no matter what we're doing

my girlfriend has a telephone and it's basically an interruption and stress machine. Every time we're out for something it buzzes and it's something on FB or snapchat she has to deal with right this moment no matter what we're doing

my girlfriend has a signal fire and it's basically an interruption and stress machine. Every time we're out for something it buzzes and it's something on FB or snapchat she has to deal with right this moment no matter what we're doing

mice neltdown. cant think of a single difference between any of these devices and a thing thats strapped to your wrist with an always on display

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Boiled Water posted:

my girlfriend has an apple watch and it's basically an interruption and stress machine. Every time we're out for something it buzzes and it's something on FB or snapchat she has to deal with right this moment no matter what we're doing

sounds like you need a new gf, op

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

it's basically an interruption and stress machine

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

mice neltdown. cant think of a single difference between any of these devices and a thing thats strapped to your wrist with an always on display

my watch doesn’t have an always on display :colbert:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
no need to wear jewelry. tks

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Jenny Agutter posted:

appropriating the language used to describe actual abuse like this is a pretty bad look dude

did you just dude me

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
mandating you keep facebook on your phone to talk with blood family is actual irl abuse and i eagerly await your rebuttal of this point

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

<ignores apple device that is literally jammed into your ear, to prove my point>

yeah this thing you can put into silent mode, that automatically goes into silent mode when it's bed time, is objectively more intrusive than a device you have to actually jam into your ear and it makes your brain buzz

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I love all of you and this is just yospos poo poo talking, but the apple watch is not a bother if you don't have a bunch of calendar invites you'll never accept. that, i agree, makes it very noisy.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

mandating you keep facebook on your phone to talk with blood family is actual irl abuse and i eagerly await your rebuttal of this point

what you’re doing right now is really lovely, it’s not 2005, we don’t make light of irl abuse here

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
If you have family members that insist you keep facebook installed so you can keep in touch with them, you are being held hostage by a hypercapitalist tech hell world fairytale that has gotten a grasp on your family, and is damaging to both your and their mental health.

it's 2021. text messages are free.

You aren't ever going to change my mind on that.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
facebook is a website

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i like a good web sight

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

i like a good web sight

me too

coke
Jul 12, 2009
guys i signed up for a bunch of spam emails and now i have a bunch of spam emails, my email checking device is basically an interruptions and stress machine

what did i do wrong???

coke
Jul 12, 2009
also disable that always on display so you can have like a 2 day battery life out of your apple watch

same as if you disable every single notifications that wakes your screen on the phone/watch then your battery will last even longer

you have the power to control your own notifications and what you want to be distracted with

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

heres my rebuttal: having a relationship with your family is very important to many people and ACTUALLYing them about some (genuinely important) nerd poo poo is not worth losing regular contact with them

you could always say 'hey can you just sms me instead' but if grandma can only get her head round fb messenger I'm not gonna reddit downvote her irl

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
just dont reply to them on fb.

its that easy.

pop over to signal or telegram or even imessages and continue the convo, and anybody x-er or older will just shift to that. if they ask "why didnt you reply on fb" just say "it's messed up on my phone and doesnt work"

over time you will be 'the nephew thats on telegram' yes, but they also always know how to get ahold of you

mark zuckerberg is a skin suit owning nazi don't give him tracking data

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Smythe posted:

facebook is a website

you’re on iOS now buddy boy, everything is an app

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Jonny 290 posted:

pop over to signal or telegram or even imessages and continue the convo, and anybody x-er or older will just shift to that. if they ask "why didnt you reply on fb" just say "it's messed up on my phone and doesnt work"

over time you will be 'the nephew thats on telegram' yes, but they also always know how to get ahold of you
:yeah:
tell em to give you their phone and install your IM of choice on it, nobody should take issue especially if you're already the family's tech janitor
I'm constantly oscillating around my phone's sms limit so I don't want them text messaging but getting the family group chats on telegram was super easy

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

all apple input devices are so good they are or are available in white to help make the semen stains less visible after all that cummin’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

it's true I made the mistake of having black keys on my macbook and the letters are barely visible after a month