Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

it has come to my attention that of the many wrong things people other than me do, using 12 hour time is one of them

hey guess what SHITBIRD i don't know what you mean when you say "meet you at 7" in a slack message. it is hard for me to figure out what making GBS threads timezone you are in on top of maybe being 12 hours late/early to our meeting

this also means we are gonna have to maybe change :420: to :1620: but that is the cost of progress

also i am not down with swatch internet time just to clear that up

code:
// Very bad idea, thanks 'swiss watch'
@42.95 .beats
Epoch Time: 1622678510
see you in the gas chamber

git apologist fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jun 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Dind't read but i approve wholeheartedly

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Armitag3 posted:

i approve wholeheartedly

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
apt username

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

how bout no

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
largely agree since it also helps if you take a nap and can't tell what time it is when you wake up: 6:00 / 18h are more easily distinguishable

also i'm generally pro just having one time zone for the planet, it would make scheduling things across time zones so much easier. i hate scheduling meetings.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mediaphage posted:

largely agree since it also helps if you take a nap and can't tell what time it is when you wake up: 6:00 / 18h are more easily distinguishable

also i'm generally pro just having one time zone for the planet, it would make scheduling things across time zones so much easier. i hate scheduling meetings.

they should do this but every so often they shift it so a new place gets to have noon with the sun directly overhead to make it fair and give everyone a chance

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

*calmly* no

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

mediaphage posted:

hey, can you schedule a meeting with the team in buttsburg? maybe like after lunch. I don’t know, what time do they start work? 20? hmm, alright, we’ll schedule it for 3, they should still be in the office.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

The Management posted:

hey, can you schedule a meeting with the team in buttsburg? maybe like after lunch. I don’t know, what time do they start work? 20? hmm, alright, we’ll schedule it for 3, they should still be in the office.

sounds good. this would be a lot easier for my narrow use case. thanks

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I don't listen to people from upside down land

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I'm not going to stop using 12 hour time, op

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
if you quit your job and become a vagrant riding the rails through the great american country there is no need for timekeeping.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh yeah theres no reason for a train hopper to keep track of when the 7:32 to Appaloosa comes in. COME ON SMYTHE

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

oh yeah theres no reason for a train hopper to keep track of when the 7:32 to Appaloosa comes in. COME ON SMYTHE

u can hear its big wheels and horn from miles around....

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
were not a heist here where u have to jump into the coal car to escape the mexican army or whaytever lol. remember the alamo!!!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I support the whinging op.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I support the whinging op.

no need for clocks on the farm either. roosters, ever heard of em?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

there’s a perfectly good sun in the sky. do important stuff when it’s up, do fun stuff when it’s down.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Smythe posted:

this fella gets up when the cock gets up!

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
clocks are chronofascism

but it's still useful to make sure you get to the bar on time, so, it;s impossible to say if its bad or not,

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Agreed OP please ban the morons in the other thread. It doesn't cost more to write the actual time down instead of some random number

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

we should switch to base 10 time

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
just use metric time

https://minkukel.com/en/clocks/metric-clock/

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
don’t forget to continue to use am pm with your 24 hour time.

eg 14:30pm

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Wild EEPROM posted:

you bastard, how dare you

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Wild EEPROM posted:

thanks for the reminder. i almost forgot.

god bless and have a good day op

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

ADINSX posted:

I'm not going to stop using 12 hour time, op

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
op wants everyone to use military time like some kind of airsoft dweeb

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

I use 12 hour time with a 0 index

please come to my meeting at 0:30 pm.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Shaggar posted:

op wants everyone to use military time like some kind of airsoft dweeb

it's also common to just use 24h time in other countries

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
other countries are full of dweebs

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i'm so used to 12 hour time and I don't want to have to train my brain to use 24

plus all the clocks here have 12 hours on the dial so I don't want to have to do math to convert

gas thread; ban op

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

akadajet posted:

i'm so used to 12 hour time and I don't want to have to train my brain to use 24

plus all the clocks here have 12 hours on the dial so I don't want to have to do math to convert

gas thread; ban op

as always, an american is wrong and too lazy to use standard that is used worldwide, Oh yes I want 1 gobbledonk of milk, it's 32.12312 of badonkadonks

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

swatch time is the jade emperor's own time

matti
Mar 31, 2019

this is how i view time in my mind's eye except 12 is at top

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Smythe posted:

roosters crow at exactly one time, which is 'whenever any particular rooster feels like it'

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Buy a new-old Russian 24h watch, they keep good time and look nice - Search for Poljot 24h on ebay etc to find a whole bunch of different face designs

I wore this for ages til I accidentally pulled the winding crown completely out :o:

I should go ebay hunting for another of these.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i use an apple watch because it reminds me to stand up every hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

yeah to charge it boom roasted