Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

My "Free Covid Vaccine! (Ages 12 and under)" sign on the side of my van is raising lots of questions already answered by my sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
*speaking to anesthesiologist* number... number... NUMBER!!!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The redditors were right about gme but they were tremendously wrong about the timeline and were all left holding the bag after like a day or two. Sure some hedge funds got sacked but the damage was done early and it never skyrocketed like they thought, I'd be surprised if the AMC shenanigans lasted more than a day or two more before cratering.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

A big flaming stink posted:

uh what makes you say that

cards are still spiking to stupid degrees

I thought most of the action happened earlier in the year.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 03:32 on Jun 3, 2021

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pokemon TCG is getting distributors stalked and harassed at their homes. Also graphics cards are permafucked, and NVIDIA keeps making cards with no controls over bot purchases

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Justin Tyme posted:

The redditors were right about gme but they were tremendously wrong about the timeline and were all left holding the bag after like a day or two. Sure some hedge funds got sacked but the damage was done early and it never skyrocketed like they thought, I'd be surprised if the AMC shenanigans lasted more than a day or two more before cratering.

The redditors also didn't expect the to be locked out of the market while the hedge funds manipulated the number to screw them over either.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lostconfused posted:

The redditors also didn't expect the to be locked out of the market while the hedge funds manipulated the number to screw them over either.

Yeah it was pretty hilarious how Robinhood just flat out refused to trade in any of the meme stocks for the day or two when it really mattered and let all the big fish get their ducks in a row

I'm guessing wsb are all still using it too, lol

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There was a big migration to Fidelity and the like, lot of people were pissed their app store broker hosed them.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Top City Homo posted:

there is no end stage to capitalism

it has to be ended by people

i agree there's no end stage, but there's certainly death-stage capitalism

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

There was a big migration to Fidelity and the like, lot of people were pissed their app store broker hosed them.

the transfer times though between accounts was effectively the same as being locked out when it mattered too lmao

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

So number really is just going to go up forever, huh?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Bar Crow posted:

Our society is built on the idea that people have endless capacity for pleasure and suffering.

genuinely transcendent posting midst the number-static

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

At least as an nfl lineman this guy gets paid millions to eat.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Azathoth posted:

C-SPAM: the hit new top-level forum QCS can't stop raving about > [Doomsday Economics] If it sounds really stupid, it is.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Xaris posted:

i agree there's no end stage, but there's certainly death-stage capitalism

yes, it happens every 17 to 20 years

nothing like a world war to make everything right again

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

So number really is just going to go up forever, huh?
It's ok. We amuse ourselves on the forums with ongoing jokes so you may have thought it was a bit, but when the money printer went on last year I think a lot of us accepted that they were never going to allow number to drop ever again. It's a big shift in how people think the world works, and certainly seems like a sick joke, so everyone's gotta process it in their own time.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
The number matters?

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I am fully prepared to settle in my new position as the perma-bear insane person.

I don't know if this is covid moratorium or economy related, but I am seeing a crazy number of people moving out of my apartment complex. Usually I only spot an empty apartment or two, but right now I see about 7 empty apartments just in my building and the one next door alone which I've never seen in the decade I've lived here.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/OliviaLittle/status/1400286746202546183

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

The number matters?

The number is made up and none of this matters

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Lacrosse posted:

The number is made up and none of this matters

It is even worse, the number is made up and actually matters.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Let me talk about the wonders of AI with a background of the character infamous for betraying his closest friends and allies to sacrifice them to suffer horrible humiliating deaths so he could obtain godhood (Top 3 anime betrayals)

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

she made one amazing album and then instantly went insane. I hate her and love her

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/vamp1reteeth/status/1400312683182891012

'Spaghetti is like, the only thing you can get in every city that's good'

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
She defines Artificial Intelligence as just automation.
Her argument is that: automate farming = communism.
She sees farming as a job people don't want to do. (Que in any other job.)
And instead of trying to figure out to get people to do that work, just have robots do that poo poo.
She thinks "Tada. Now everybody is happy."

Automating farming does not automatically make the world communist
We can automate framing right now, but also allow it for only 1 million people and everybody else can just gently caress off and die.
You can automate farming and still have capitalism, or slide back into monarchy, or some other dumb gently caress inhumane system.

We've automated farming for over 100 years now. Farming is done by under 3,000,000 people of the 360,000,000 us citizens

Pictures about farming, about three years old now.
https://www.vox.com/a/explain-food-america
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2018-us-land-use/

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
ok i am no longer surprised this lady married elon

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Bonus: I'm a shithead and say poo poo things to people

"If all republicans hosed off to another countries everybody's lives would be better."

Their usual response is: OH you don't know how to farm and would starve to death.

My poo poo head response is: "Farming is just driving a really big car, really slowly, without traffic. And Corporations make most of the food. Little farms don't matter."

Then just to twist the loving knife: "The Latin woman working in the time square McDonald is more important than any farmer."

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1400349531590385665?s=20

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

There’s no way Grimes thinks what Griffith did was wrong.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i want to say that bo burnham is real smart and i will never ever refer to jeffery bezos as anything other than jeffery.

we used to call him jeff bezos but i can't even imagine ever saying it like that again.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

god shes so loving dumb

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Griffith didn't let petty sentiment compromise his ideals. Now he's changing the world for the better

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Knight posted:

Let me talk about the wonders of AI with a background of the character infamous for betraying his closest friends and allies to sacrifice them to suffer horrible humiliating deaths so he could obtain godhood (Top 3 anime betrayals)
i think elon and grimes admire communists because communists don't ask for permission to do things, and while they are not communists, they feel like liberalism is holding them back. therefore, they want to suck the communists' energy and spirit like vampires, take power, then they'll kill the communists and become gods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYG_4vJ4qNA

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I HAVE A PROPOSITION FOR THE COMMUNISTS HOHOHOHOHOO

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

nope, long term girlfriend not subject to CA's community property laws when Elon eventually abandons her and the kid

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

theflyingexecutive posted:

nope, long term girlfriend not subject to CA's community property laws when Elon eventually abandons her and the kid

oh lol, what about texas

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I wonder if automated farming is going to be enough to have agriculture in the Midwest when Moscow oblast is predicated to be capable of growing wine by 2050.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 08:55 on Jun 3, 2021

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UgiJPnwtQU&t=15s

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

theflyingexecutive posted:

They're both rich, it really doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

They're both rich, it really doesn't matter.

she has money sure, but she's not gonna pull off a MacKenzie or Melinda