Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

is the pound sign shaped like england on purpose?

No, England is shaped like the pound sign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Dell_Zincht posted:

No, England is shaped like the pound sign

true facts until about the age of 19 i thought the pound sign was pronounced "eng" (hence, eng-land) and was not disabused of this notion until i asked a member of the british navy how many eng his ship cost.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Got me some vodka and it seems that you can now tip after delivery on Deliveroo, which is ace.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

learnincurve posted:

I have an new bike: £750 (with £60 off with code) off a place on eBay which does John Lewis returns https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/moorelargeoutlet second time I’ve used them. Halfords equivalent is £1099. It’s clearly gone sideways after one use and been returned like the other one was - people leave the battery on, walk it along and then ooops.

There's no scratches on it that I can see, so can't tell it's gone over sideways.

Nice bike! Congrats!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

It's reached peak humidity outside. I think my bat survey is going to be rained out allowing me to actually bother to cook something healthy, but I've not heard anything yet.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lure the bats closer with beetroot salad

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Steakandchips posted:

There's no scratches on it that I can see, so can't tell it's gone over sideways.

Nice bike! Congrats!

Yeh it’s the other side, seat has a small rip on it, fork has lost decal and the rear derailleur has a big scratch.
The other bike had scratches in the same places but the other side and a returns note on it where someone had said “the motor kicks in for no reason which I feel is dangerous”

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
My nose and forehead are gone. Burned away. It's just skull and gristle now.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lure the bats closer with beetroot salad

i made beetroot salad for tea! with goats cheese and walnuts! yum yum!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

bat spotted

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I'm watching football, but it is pretty boring. Might go in the garden and dig holes instead

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
It's just started spitting with rain. It's fantastic. All the windows are open and there's a chance my house will drop to a habitable temperature by bedtime.

And my first batch of rhubarb ice cream has set!

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7yAe2MBIpE

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i dunno what were talking about but I think im going to masturbate heavily lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
nobody gives a gently caress m8

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think that's part of the reason

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Well that's somewhat the point

Sudden Javelin posted:

nobody gives a gently caress m8

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I ventured into the city centre today, and horny is no longer prohibited.

The temperature going 20+C alongside vaccination freedom has everyone dressing in minimal clothing. Lots of ladies in short shorts and crop tops. And it seems that bras were sooo 2020.

edit: Probably lots of lads in shorts letting their junk hang out but that wasn't my focus.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Love to be woken up at half 2 in the morning on a work night by a mass brawl outside my bedroom window. 3 police cars and counting.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I ventured into the city centre today, and horny is no longer prohibited.

The temperature going 20+C alongside vaccination freedom has everyone dressing in minimal clothing. Lots of ladies in short shorts and crop tops. And it seems that bras were sooo 2020.

edit: Probably lots of lads in shorts letting their junk hang out but that wasn't my focus.

The problem is if we release the pretty summer people into the wild too early and there's a snap cold spell we can lose the entire crop. We all remember 2017 when the streets were littered in shrivelled muscly dudes wearing boat shoes and ladies in hot pants.

It was a terrible waste. I'd prefer to keep them all in the grow houses until the end of June to play it safe.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

they need to crossbreed the southern variants with the Geordie cultivar for better cold weather resistance imo, selecting away from the orange flesh commonly found

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Sister in law treating us by taking us down to Portsmouth for the day as part of the mrs birthday celebrations but she surprise invited her boyfriend along who is a total dick and we hate him so this is twice in a week that hes ruined our day :*

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

fridge corn posted:

treating us by taking us down to Portsmouth

lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol in general

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

fridge corn posted:

Sister in law treating us by taking us down to Portsmouth for the day as part of the mrs birthday celebrations but she surprise invited her boyfriend along who is a total dick and we hate him so this is twice in a week that hes ruined our day :*

It's always a shame when somebody you like has an awful partner.

A really good uni friend started going out with somebody in her final year who was endlessly angry about not having gone to uni and who had narrow tedious tastes so it was always a bad time when she brought him along to things. They got married and that just dulled any interest in staying in touch.

Although on the flip side of the coin another friend married somebody that nobody really likes and by mutual consensus she's always busy when we arrange to do stuff, so we can still see the friend from time to time (covid excepted)

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

check out the historic dockyard at portsmouth its a great day out for the hwole family :waycool:

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Just got back from my first dose of vaccine and I feel AMPED UP! I think the 5g is shooting endorphins into my brain. Driving back with my full arm out of the car window and making friendly gestures to other road users and pedestrians. It's a great day

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Don’t do Spinnaker Tower, it’s poo poo, expensive, and today will be like a Kew greenhouse inside.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

The_Doctor posted:

Don’t do Spinnaker Tower, it’s poo poo, expensive, and today will be like a Kew greenhouse inside.

Yeah it's bad but the BeerLao at the Pho is very much good

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I just got wood

I took delivery of a large amount of wood

The man who gave me wood asked me if I could handle that much wood

I said yes

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

99 post your dodgy corner in the other thread

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

so it's you, you fucker. it's you who has all the wood

apparently it used to be plaster that was impossible to get hold of, then last week it was wood. i wonder what the current DIY hotness is re: products that are difficult to source

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

CancerCakes posted:

I just got wood

I took delivery of a large amount of wood

The man who gave me wood asked me if I could handle that much wood

I said yes

Haha I’m having a giggle at your expense because ‘wood’ could also mean erect penis and when you read your post with this in mind it’s funny!

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Oh no

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Meat Wagon posted:

Just got back from my first dose of vaccine and I feel AMPED UP! I think the 5g is shooting endorphins into my brain. Driving back with my full arm out of the car window and making friendly gestures to other road users and pedestrians. It's a great day

High five today vaccine buddy! Not too hard my arm might fall off lol (jk, it's been fine so far).

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

so it's you, you fucker. it's you who has all the wood

apparently it used to be plaster that was impossible to get hold of, then last week it was wood. i wonder what the current DIY hotness is re: products that are difficult to source

Its not even a shortage, sellers are reportedly holding onto stock to inflate prices because they know lots of people are going for home improvements this summer instead of holibobs.
Timber here is up nearly 20% since January. The smaller builders merchants are also about to hike timber by another 7.5% in July

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

capitalism bad?????????

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Vitamins posted:

capitalism bad?????????
whoah

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I bought some honeysuckle plants for a wooden trellis in my back yard that's been standing there empty since I moved in. I honestly thought I'd kill them off with my poo poo gardening skills but they've grown 18 inches in 3 weeks and now I'm wondering how long it'll be before they engulf the entire yard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh my god same!

I put some old wire cage things up the side of the shed 3 years ago and suddenly the “dead” honeysuckle has engulfed them.