Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

If only there was someway that Sony could implement some kind of intelligent delivery system for PS5 and PS4 games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

infraboy posted:

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/06/new...mVwriRNaKJSsLoo

GoW delayed, but no big surprise there.

woops i'm late as hell.

The weird thing about this announcement is that I don't think a single person even knew or expected God of War to release this year. It feels strange that Sony bothered to mention this.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'm playing EDF, but I'm a corny vampire with a blood sword. Guy in panda costume has my back with the orbital strike. I'm farming dudes while I collect the ingredients to a miso soup, as a cowboy protests.

Is this Funko Pop?

Fix fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jun 3, 2021

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

It is way easier to do this, this gen because neither console has any games.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

I mean we're 6-7 months in and already had demon's souls, a next gen version of miles morales, returnal and ratchet & clank is out next week, what had we had at this point of the PS4's life? Resogun, killzone and knack? Infamous maybe?

Demon's was justification enough for me to get one, and returnal is a contender for my goty

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It is just my favourite meme about the console. That and it is huge :) Taking the best from the PS3 era and the best from the Xbox 1 X 1 x era and smashing them together.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least all the games aren't brown

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Did anyone pick up the PS5 version of Judgement?

I know this sounds dumb but it looks... better than I expected
Like I was just expecting a 60FPS game that looks just like Yakuza 2 but the lighting especially looks like they did some work to it. I'm pleasantly surprised

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Wish brands would go back to regular trying to sell me poo poo instead of doing it through tired wellness memes

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Like I was just expecting a 60FPS game that looks just like Yakuza 2 but the lighting especially looks like they did some work to it. I'm pleasantly surprised

Just picked this up myself and so far I’m enjoying it. Reminds me of Shenmue only less boring.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

I said come in! posted:

The weird thing about this announcement is that I don't think a single person even knew or expected God of War to release this year. It feels strange that Sony bothered to mention this.

The announcement trailer said 2021 and they never had said anything about a delay to this point.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Vikar Jerome posted:

Wish brands would go back to regular trying to sell me poo poo instead of doing it through tired wellness memes

Listen Microsoft, my best friend has an Xbox, and I play my Switch when I’m away from my PS5, etc. but more importantly if you could sort something out again with From Soft and give us another Elden Ring trailer at this E3 I’ll never speak ill of your lovely console again.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I did and I feel kind of foolish because I already beat it on PS4 and it’s probably one of the only RGG I actually came close-ish to doing every sub story in and trying to unlock every move and whatnot, but it rules. It looks pretty much the same as I remember it, but I assume it runs at a solid 60 fps and has improved uh resolution or something? I don’t know, but I remember thinking that the original Judgment looked fantastic, and imo was one of the most run and fluid feeling games in the Yakuza series.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jun 3, 2021

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

On a related note, does anyone know what kind of prep work I need to do so that I can play FF7 Remake: Intergrade on my PS5?

I'll have to wait until there's a PS5 listing on the store, right? Is there going to be a preload? How will my PS4 save file come over

Ff7r on ps4 already got the patch yesterday, so update it and upload your most recent save (only one save is transferred at a time)

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
As long as deathloop still comes out in September I will content. Then again I am pretty sure I owned a PS4 with just Bloodborne for 6 months.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We have more FF7R coming what else could you really need.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm probably not gonna play through the main game again and I can't imagine the DLC being more than 2 or 3 hours :(

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm probably not gonna play through the main game again and I can't imagine the DLC being more than 2 or 3 hours :(

You'll spend 2-3 hours trying to beat Jules in the new deadlift minigame.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, this is super annoying, lol. I mean, obviously, y'know, in the context of 'PS5 owner problems', not in the grand scheme of things.

Do we know if the extra stuff is going to be a part of the next chapter, or if it's just wholly new content that you can only play by buying the game and playing through it entirely again? Because, yeah, I guess I just miss this DLC stuff.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

FallenGod posted:

It's a great game.

Ride the trial until the end of Heavensward before buying it, though, as once you own the game your free trial ends and you have to pay the monthly fee.

Ugh yeah I found this out lately, when I was asking Squeenix to unlink my Squeenix account from my PSN. They said it wouldn't help and the only way to do it was play the game on another PSN account. I subscribed a few years ago and played about month, until losing interest at level 30 or so. Just let me delete that char/account and start a new one to see if this time I get into it.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I'm going nuts here trying to find a game I read about in an article last week - it's an indie title, 3D, where you walk around an island as a young girl taking pictures and cataloguing flora and fauna, has some cute cartoony graphics, and I think it's coming out soon.

Probably coming out on PC as well, if it isn't already.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

New Pokemon Snap is already out, friend.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Morpheus posted:

I'm going nuts here trying to find a game I read about in an article last week - it's an indie title, 3D, where you walk around an island as a young girl taking pictures and cataloguing flora and fauna, has some cute cartoony graphics, and I think it's coming out soon.

Probably coming out on PC as well, if it isn't already.

Beasts of Maravilla Island?

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/wildlife-photography-game-beasts-of-maravilla-island-coming-to-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc-in-june

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Thaaaats the one. Definitely thought it had 'mara' in the title, but thought I was getting it confused with Summer in Mara

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

New Pokemon Snap is already out, friend.

Not on PS4 it's not!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I said come in! posted:

Eh, not really. Better to clear the air than have gamers run wild with their predictions and theories

Vikar Jerome posted:

Sony could also quit being a petulant knob when it comes to cross-play just because they won last years console generation

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am looking forward to PS5 exclusive Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart this month.

Also Ff7 Remake Intergrade: Chapter Yuffie...

Good month for PS5 owners

Ya this is the best a console has been at launch. Just having Demon Souls/Spiderman at launch is INSANE. Then there is the huge ps4 backlog with improvements. Usually I would just buy all non exclusives on on my pc but I been buying more n more multiplatform games on ps5.

Also I been using the Pulse headset for a few weeks now and the quality is really good for the price. I would say the padding is a bit thin though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ulio posted:

Also I been using the Pulse headset for a few weeks now and the quality is really good for the price. I would say the padding is a bit thin though.

I got used to them but they’re definitely a step below the Arctis Wireless 7P (and way below the Pros). I’m still so incredibly loving annoyed at them getting rid of the optical audio output AND locking mix chat to their own headset.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I got used to them but they’re definitely a step below the Arctis Wireless 7P (and way below the Pros). I’m still so incredibly loving annoyed at them getting rid of the optical audio output AND locking mix chat to their own headset.

Ya I have a boise bequiet and it's way more comfortable. But I couldn't get that to work with my ps4 or ps5.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Demons Souls through the Arctic 7P wireless is gorgeous in every way. So rich and powerful and a decent mic too. I forget who it was who recommended them, but thank you.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Anybody enjoying some PS5 games out there? Haha just kidding. Anyway here's some more info about Forbidden West!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNjqw2X6Y5o

- Free climbing is in the game, everybody can finally stop complaining about it.
- There will be additional traversal options besides just the glider and grappling hook shown in the demo.
- PS5 allows for higher level of detail and lighting, hero lighting on Aloy is a PS5-only feature.
- Development started on PS4 and is being optimized to still perform well on last-gen consoles.
- Multiple types of valor surges tied to the skill tree, built up through weapon combos and "tactical" play (i.e. stripping parts from machines).
- Workbench is present at every major settlement in the game, allows the player to unlock new skills and ammo types in addition to upgrading damage.
- More emphasis placed on companion quests and interactions, some returning characters who haven't been announced yet.
- 60FPS performance mode will be supported on PS5.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I just hope they don't have the original's equipment system that just ends up being "rush the most expensive stuff and use it for the rest of the game"

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Kithyen posted:

Just picked this up myself and so far I’m enjoying it. Reminds me of Shenmue only less boring.

If you never played a Yakuza game you really should! They are basically what if Shenmue was good, Judgement is in the same world with a lot of overlap in places and tone but so far seems to be a different set of characters

Imhotep posted:

I did and I feel kind of foolish because I already beat it on PS4 and it’s probably one of the only RGG I actually came close-ish to doing every sub story in and trying to unlock every move and whatnot, but it rules. It looks pretty much the same as I remember it, but I assume it runs at a solid 60 fps and has improved uh resolution or something? I don’t know, but I remember thinking that the original Judgment looked fantastic, and imo was one of the most run and fluid feeling games in the Yakuza series.

Yeah it might be just that it looks better than Yakuza did on the PS4 itself and I just never played it

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Not a Children posted:

I just hope they don't have the original's equipment system that just ends up being "rush the most expensive stuff and use it for the rest of the game"

Is this the move? Because thats what im doing on my first playthru right now!!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shenmue is good

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

exquisite tea posted:

Anybody enjoying some PS5 games out there? Haha just kidding. Anyway here's some more info about Forbidden West!

- Free climbing is in the game, everybody can finally stop complaining about it.
- There will be additional traversal options besides just the glider and grappling hook shown in the demo.
- PS5 allows for higher level of detail and lighting, hero lighting on Aloy is a PS5-only feature.
- Development started on PS4 and is being optimized to still perform well on last-gen consoles.
- Multiple types of valor surges tied to the skill tree, built up through weapon combos and "tactical" play (i.e. stripping parts from machines).
- Workbench is present at every major settlement in the game, allows the player to unlock new skills and ammo types in addition to upgrading damage.
- More emphasis placed on companion quests and interactions, some returning characters who haven't been announced yet.

That's a lot of info for a random interview

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

exquisite tea posted:

Where is the robot-dog/Trico-like companion?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Imhotep posted:

Where is the robot-dog/Trico-like companion?

Been out for years, friend.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Failed to get a PS5 from Bestbuy again gently caress everything :bang:

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

chaleski posted:

U can do it. I believe in you

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

chaleski posted:

The world is a vampire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I started Ratchet & Clank last night for the first time. I don't know what PS5 enhancements the game has, but it looks really nice, and runs very well. Its funny when it plays FMV's of the movie that released alongside it but no one saw.