Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Brought To You By posted:

To be fair to the series, Rihito v Falcon was alright in this territory.

The disrespect to the TECHNIQUELESS MUSCLE MAXIMISER JULIUS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
great fight so far

https://manga4life.com/read-online/Kengan-Omega-chapter-111.html

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I don't know here, Liu is throwing JOB flags right now. sweet loving double kick though.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Liu seeing Naidan in Toku means they're going to be the biggest of bros after this

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I believe in the power of friendship.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The end seems to imply Liu has won against Naiden.

Anyway I like that Liu takes advantage of the 10 count rule to recover as much as possible while on the ground.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

RatHat posted:

The end seems to imply Liu has won against Naiden.

Anyway I like that Liu takes advantage of the 10 count rule to recover as much as possible while on the ground.

Yeah that was pretty cool. He's really slowing things down to control his emotions. But you can't win against my boi Tiko

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So apparently Hukuto no Gun isn't translating this anymore and will be taking all their scans down from Mangadex whenever it gets back up, as they believed they were impeding the chances of an official release.

gently caress.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
http://www.hokutonogun.com/?p=44304

quote:

STATEMENT ABOUT KENGAN OMEGA:
At Hokuto no Gun, we are always dedicated to finding obscure gems that haven’t got much attention by either official publishers or by other scanlation groups, and delivering high-quality translations for them. Back six years ago, Kengan was one of those obscure series, and as we translated it, we’ve watched its popularity boom to levels we’d never imagined. After the legion of fans brought in by the start of the Netflix anime, we thought for sure that it was only a matter of time before the series were licensed for an official English release. But as time went by and this never happened, we realized that as long as we were translating the series with quality translations and dynamic typesetting, there would be muted demand for an official release, and our continued work on the series was hurting the artists and their publisher in this way.

With that in mind, we’ve decided to step back from translating Kengan Omega as of this chapter. We will also be taking down all our Kengan chapters from Mangadex as soon as it reopens. We encourage any other aggregator to take them down as well.

We understand this is a sudden decision that may come as a shock to many of you, but please trust that this was not an easy decision for us to make and it took a great deal of soul-searching, and we would not have made it if we did not have 100% conviction that this would be for the best of Kengan and its fans around the world. We understand that there’s not much we can do to stop other groups from filling the void, but we humbly implore all other scanlation groups, if you care about Kengan whatsoever, to understand our motivation for doing this and to stand with us, and to the fans to stand with us in waiting for an official release rather than latching on to a scan group just trying to get clicks. Meanwhile, we will go back to the obscure series that was our mission to begin with, and we hope that those of you who were just here for Kengan would give them a shake as well.

Thank you for your understanding, and we hope you stick around as we go onwards and upwards!

RIP quality translations. Here's hoping they are doing this because some company is already working on releasing Omega in english, otherwise this is just a really odd move to make.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm assuming they're getting pressure from somewhere. A lot of manga aggregators have shut down recently and no way do you just delete hundreds to thousands of hours of your work without being compelled to.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
I dunno, the way

quote:

But as time went by and this never happened, we realized that as long as we were translating the series with quality translations and dynamic typesetting, there would be muted demand for an official release, and our continued work on the series was hurting the artists and their publisher in this way
sounds like it was a proactive move. Maybe spurred on by someone contacting them? But that doesn't read to me as "an official translation is in the works."

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
RIP

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Oh well, what can you do. Dunno if kengan's gonna become any more popular if they quit scanslating, but I guess we're gonna find out.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
RIP, pour one for them.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

gently caress

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Well, I hope someone posts whenever the official translation that might never happen catches up to where we are now.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Hokuto no Gun's scanlations really were top-notch. I doubt an official release will be as good, if it ever happens. Sorry to see them drop it, but thankful they did so much for the series.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
gently caress. Even if an official release happened like, tomorrow, it would still take a zillion years to catch up to where we're at right now.

I guess the only hope is either someone else picks it up(which will still suck, because HnG's stuff was ridiculously high quality for scanlations and any replacement is almost definitely not going to match that), or if we go a year or two without news of an official release maybe they'll pick it back up again?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Well that's a drat shame. Guess I can consider this series dead.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Eopia posted:

Well that's a drat shame. Guess I can consider this series dead.

it will 100% be picked up by some poo poo speed scan group

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The English group stopped, but there's multiple scanlation groups doing other languages so there will absolutely be bad speedscans where it's just someone translating the French or Spanish or whatever versions to English.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm kinda curious, does anything running in Ura Sunday get published in English? The only other comic they do I'm familiar with is Helk, and I'm pretty sure that one doesn't

I respect Hokuto no Gun's decision but... I have my doubts about this having the desired effect (I also have my doubts about an English edition having typesetting with a fraction of the same effort, in the first place)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Why the gently caress are they removing the already translated ones too... gently caress's sake.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Why the gently caress are they removing the already translated ones too... gently caress's sake.

only from mangadex so every other site has it

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
After a reread god that's one of the most arrogant takes I've seen. no, your scanlation is not reducing the chances for an official release, stop having such a big head.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Eopia posted:

After a reread god that's one of the most arrogant takes I've seen. no, your scanlation is not reducing the chances for an official release, stop having such a big head.

It's 100% because they lost interest but are trying to save face. They said on the discord they wanted to do other manga instead.

Also, guess here are lovely scans instead

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/nr0m9t

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol i don't read any of their stuff or intend to

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Rip good scans.

:pray: Come on english release.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol just say you've lost interest. It happens.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

If being popular on the west was actual reason that something would get an official release, where the gently caress is the Hajime no Ippo manga?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

This is loving stupid

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

If being popular on the west was actual reason that something would get an official release, where the gently caress is the Hajime no Ippo manga?

Iruma-kun has gotten it's 2nd anime and is wildly successful in Japan. Still no official english TL so :shrugs: I have no idea what HnG is thinking with this press release. Just say why they want out and everything would be smooth.

Fake Edit: Also more people should read Iruma-kun
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3902278

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ugh, man, that is so disappointing.

There was literally a Kengan Ashura anime on Netflix that was localized two years ago, but that didn't lead to any publishers picking up the manga. I sincerely doubt that HnG alone was suppressing the demand.

And even if it does get picked up, it will be years before they get to where we are now! This sucks!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can't believe the Worm infiltrated Hokuto No Gun as well.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
God drat that's such a disappointing decision. Omega is pretty much dead in English now. I doubt we'll ever see a decent translation of it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Somehow I doubt Kengan will be an official english release before Baki does.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Plutonis posted:

It's 100% because they lost interest but are trying to save face. They said on the discord they wanted to do other manga instead.

Also, guess here are lovely scans instead

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/nr0m9t

This is exactly the win I hoped to see, and speedscans are fine :(

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
A chunk of the Death Row arc of Baki is in English

But it also seems to have petered out, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

OnimaruXLR posted:

A chunk of the Death Row arc of Baki is in English

But it also seems to have petered out, so...

You mean the Netflix Anime? That's the only official release in the west so far. And y'know, that didn't helped Baki get an official manga either.