Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I was born in scuffed translations and will die with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Plutonis posted:

You mean the Netflix Anime? That's the only official release in the west so far. And y'know, that didn't helped Baki get an official manga either.

The Baki that has been released in English is the material that has been covered in the Netflix anime, yes

I think it's a digital only thing though? And now I'm imagining Kengan getting licensed but they only end up publishing the story that was covered in the Netflix series :smith:

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Dropping a series is fine, hey if they don´t wanna work on it anymore that's cool (don´t believe for a second the whole "it's stopping a official release nonsense, I guess they just got tired of it).

But deleting all the previous translated chapters? That's so dumb and pure ego bullshit.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
lol I get wanting to drop the series if they got bored of it but the long winded, self aggrandizing post is really patronizing.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
This seems like a really short-sighted decision and I don't know how they could convince anyone who has their poo poo to give it up if there were other big series refused to do that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think the deletion really means much. it'll stay up on other aggregators and mangadex is still busted.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Sextro posted:

This is exactly the win I hoped to see, and speedscans are fine :(

You’re assuming the match is over. Just because T2 is calling it doesn’t mean it’s over.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
This is dumb

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Announcer hasn't called it over yet. That being said he did get his skull stuck between a hard surface and the arena floor.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
to clarify the match owns HnG dropping it is dumb

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Toku2 is going to lose but drat if he isn't making me want to believe.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't think the deletion really means much. it'll stay up on other aggregators and mangadex is still busted.

Of course but just the action of trying to do it is sucky.

Actually that whole post just screams :fap:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
allthe other series they do are bad lol

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

allthe other series they do are bad lol

Ryu and The Blue Hole are legit. Same with the yakuza one whose name I can't remember although I think 2/3 of those are in partnership with Illuminati-scans.

Deceptive
Dec 27, 2012
Oh hey, that's a lot of posts. This must be a good chapter.... Oh. Well, I hope a group picks it up soon. Even if its bad translations it'll be better than nothing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i checked the KA reddit and they seemed to think they'd have something up and running soon since there was already someone translating raws there

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

someone call Wildfang to pick this up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol they'll try to charge

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

frajaq posted:

someone call Wildfang to pick this up

meme page during Liu's flashback where his dad/master is replaced by Retsu Kaioh

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

what did they mean by this

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you lowly peasants, thinking that words are used to communicate meaning instead of dumb coy games.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That makes it sound like they were approached about doing an official translation?

I don't see what else "we're not scanlating it any more, but we aren't 'dropping' it *wink*" could mean.

I'm assuming those are both actual team members who know what's going on. I'm not in the discord.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

it's like watching translating teams in the early 10's again. What a blast

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
If they were working on something official (which would be incredible) or if they had word that an official translation was coming I could understand why they're kinda vague about the whole thing.

Those posts have some potentially exciting implications.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you lowly peasants, thinking that words are used to communicate meaning instead of dumb coy games.

You absolute buffoons, you owe me an apology for drawing conclusions based on the words in the statement we released instead of using the insider information you don't have to read between the lines!!!!!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Jfc, it's times like this you remember all these people are juvenile idiots

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
A new scan group of people from the Kengan subreddit have picked this up for now

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/ChgqeVg/1/1/

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

a+ group name, the scans of metsudo

also still a good fight

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

A new scan group of people from the Kengan subreddit have picked this up for now

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/ChgqeVg/1/1/

On the one hand I think Liu is getting a good showing here. On the other the fact that he's still mostly reduced to Fa Jin and Hua Jin is disappointing. Ren got away with having Fa Jin be his signature move because he only got it off once and it was tied to his hypnosis attack. Liu clearly has other moves so I hope the next chapter has him continue to use those and stop with the generic kung fu punch. Give me move flying kicks and maybe that shoulder thrust I saw a bunch in history's strongest disciple and Tekken.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Paul Phoenix deathfist or go home

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
gently caress that rules

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kortupi looks like THAT?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:discourse:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

A+ authentic non-modified image

Brought To You By posted:

Kortupi looks like THAT?

I read this comment and I was like, "Wait, where's Kortopi? Can't find him. Also there's some guy I don't recognise at the back. Hmm. These are unrelated facts."

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

New chapter and the scans are good quality this time since the people weren't caught off guard with hokuto no gun dropping it

https://manga4life.com/read-online/Kengan-Omega-chapter-113.html

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Kinda surprised this is still going after last chapter but hey. Toku^2 flashback hopefully incoming?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The way how each chapter ends with an awesome and devastating finisher that deffo ends the match for real this time!, is getting a little comical.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I for one am just glad that Liu did the shoulder thing. I don't care about the outcome anymore that's all I wanted out of this fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Baytor AND the killer clown guy from HxH? Truly, KO is the best.